Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-09-2016, 09:45 AM   #5853

I do have a page on FB.
It's been so long since I went there I can't remember what name I used..

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-09-2016, 09:52 AM   #5854

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Welcome to the thread Wroughtnharv, glad that you joined us.
I'm not on FB either, but Rita is. Got my first smart phone last summer , that was because my old Razr up and quit on me. The phone is a lot smarter than the operator, that is for sure, and I try not to use anything more than I have to. I do use it to find out the correct time though, as I quit wearing a watch years ago.
Have a great day all,
Frank

Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 11:11 AM   #5855

Wroughtnharv,

Below is a 1975 photo of my late wife behind the wheel of our 1967 TR4A IRS. I called it her ďTown CarĒ as in, donít drive out of the town with it. She never listened and drove all over the San Francisco Bay Area in that little car.

PS Welcome!
Old 09-09-2016, 05:52 PM   #5856

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Afternoon,
Well back in the hospital Mild Heart attack #5 Wednesday
had a angioplasty Thursday morning was the worst one I have had (4 before) took them almost 3 hours , now have 6 stents. Feeling 100% better. Might get too go home tomorrow morning after rehab. I'm glad to find out that there is a good cardio Hospital in Yuma.
Steve, my brother had a 64 TR4 Blue convertible not the fastest but it handled like a dream on the exit ramps Took one at 110 and didn't even move me in the seat. Olala that cobra is really sweet. I'd give anything to take it for a spin around.
I would let Joe drive the MH and I would drive the Cobra, no need for a trailer or 4 down...
That's about it from room 3302.
Those on the road be safe.
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 06:28 PM   #5857

Tim,

A word from the wise and not me, that's for sure. The doctors were surprised when a +100 year old patient told them that she hadn't seen a doctor in over 70 years, when they asked how she'd managed to live past 100 and stay healthy she said "I did it by staying away from you guys!"

You need to quit having those heart attacks, don't you know they're not good for you!

Steve

PS I've had three Triumphs in my misspent youth. A TR3, TR4 and last a TR4A. The TR3 was far and away the most fun!
Old 09-09-2016, 07:46 PM   #5858

Winnebago Owners Club
Take care Tim. Want to see the PA and the cobra in Yuma.
Old 09-09-2016, 07:49 PM   #5859
cwk

Good evening, all!

Tim, Good grief. Do you like hospitals? (Just kidding.) Hope recovery is good. Prayers that it will be. The fact that you are checking on a cardio hospital in Yuma sounds reassuring.

Steve, I charged the battery on the '98 Chrysler. Had it on a trickle charger for 3 days. I tried it this afternoon. It started right up. Shut it off and checked the battery voltage: 13.42. Then I started it up and checked again. It was about the same. But, the instrument lights were going on and off in random areas, not all at the same time. I will check the battery again tomorrow after it sits quietly overnight.

Frank, I inherited my wife's iphone 4 a couple of years ago. She had upgraded to a newer model and it sat unused for a long time. Then my Razr (flip phone that I loved) decided not to let me dial out. I had no choice. Fortunately I was able to retrieve all of my contact info. Then, one day I just decided to bang the flip phone on the desk top, and it started to work again. Too late. I had been using the new phone for weeks. I do find that having my email (especially for business) and some other internet stuff on the phone very handy. I can now travel around, be in touch with my customers, and not have to hook up a laptop and a modem to check email. The "new to me" phone just dings when I have email. But, I really miss that flip phone.

Everyone, hope you had a great day and a better one tomorrow!

Arrrrgh! Stupid Captcha almost got me. Everything disappeared. Luckily I copied first.
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 07:51 PM   #5860

Tim
FFFFFFFFFhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwww
Don't they offer a discount at some point?

Get better quick and since you have internet while there build up your post count !

You remind me to remind everybody to live each day like it was your last......
sooner or later it will be !
Old 09-09-2016, 08:39 PM   #5861

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwk View Post
the instrument lights were going on and off in random areas, not all at the same time.
Oooo... Psychedelic! Have you given any thought to installing a lava lamp?

Steve

PS 10,000 comedians out of work and you get me!
Old 09-09-2016, 10:09 PM   #5862

I came home from Nam, landed two weeks after my 18th birthday, had my 19th and 20th in country. So I was 20 1/2, too young to vote or drink but old enough to have fun. I bought the TR brand new. Original nylons, 5:90 15's (Volkswagens came with 5:60 15's) lasted 3,000 miles. I was really proud that the tires were all wore even and totally bald. This was Southern California and it was all about the twisties. 1969, what a year.

Two years ago I made a custom aluminum bed for a bud's toad for hauling his Razr. It took me six weeks to make the bed. The whole time the owner kept trying to get me to take a spin in the Razr, I wouldn't do it. Then the last day his foot was in a boot and it was up to me to load the Razr. Lit it up and what followed was one continuous power slide through some equipment and onto the truck. As I got off the truck the adopted son was shaking his head and asked, "how old do you have to be to get that stuff out of your system?"

"I don't know" was my reply. I was born a gear head.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	473.2 KB
ID:	138526  
Old 09-09-2016, 10:16 PM   #5863

Quote:
Originally Posted by spritz View Post
Afternoon,
Well back in the hospital Mild Heart attack #5 Wednesday
had a angioplasty Thursday morning was the worst one I have had (4 before) took them almost 3 hours , now have 6 stents. Feeling 100% better. Might get too go home tomorrow morning after rehab. I'm glad to find out that there is a good cardio Hospital in Yuma.
Steve, my brother had a 64 TR4 Blue convertible not the fastest but it handled like a dream on the exit ramps Took one at 110 and didn't even move me in the seat. Olala that cobra is really sweet. I'd give anything to take it for a spin around.
I would let Joe drive the MH and I would drive the Cobra, no need for a trailer or 4 down...
That's about it from room 3302.
Those on the road be safe.
Tim
I've heard the relief is almost instant with the stint placement. The VA has just about promised me to not have heart issues, but I am losing my mind. The great thing about that is when it's gone you've lost the ability to miss it.

Seriously take care of yourself.
Old 09-09-2016, 11:48 PM   #5864

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone! Coffee is good today!
Tim, dang, take care of yourself! And I sent you a email!
Had a friend in Phoenix had a MG, and it was fun to drive! I was always on the panhead or the dirt bike! Back then, I had a 1965 Chevy Van, and it was great for hauling the dirt bike out to the desert or going to the river bottom! No A/C, like driving a tin can around, in that Phoenix heat!
Wroughtnharv, welcome to the goodmorning gang!
Well, everything here in Thailand is going good, got my eyes checked the other day when I was at the hospital, seeing the vampire nurses, and everything is good with them, and the blood work was all good too!
We booked a trip to Austria and Germany for next March, and going to Japan this November! So with the trip back to the states in July/Aug., will be busy traveling!
Everyone have a great day! Rail!
Old 09-10-2016, 08:37 AM   #5865

Goooodmorning all yíall!!!

Itís a partly cloudy morning here and quite cool, my hot morning coffee is especially good this day. Last night around 2am I awoke to the RV rocking back and forthÖ whatthehell! I looked outside to a beautiful starry night sky but all the tree limbs blowing in the wind. I figured a thunderstorm was on its way but it didnít happen, at least not last night. Maybe Iíll be getting more rain today, somehow I knew yesterdayís sunny clear skyís wouldnít last.

Charles reached out to me about a dash light problem. It looks to me like an intermittent ground issue though it also sounds as if heís already addressed that potential concern. Unfortunately, yesterday when I first read it my inner comedian took over. Iím afraid Iím both blessed and cursed with a very dry quick sense of humor. In fact one of the things I miss most about my late wife is that she was too and often times weíd verbally spar with each other. Several times, when we were out with friends, theyíd think we were fighting when in actuality we were just verbally sparring for fun. Man, I really miss Gailís quick wit, she kept me sharp!

I hope that Smart car engine gets here today. Iím anxious now to get started fixing the ugly little car. It's so ugly it sort of grows on you, like a wart! Overall Iíve been spending far too much time on my computer and reading lately. Usually thatís what I do in hot weather when I donít want to be out in the heat. Iím not sure whatís wrong but hopefully things in my psyche will get back to normal soon.

Tim you get well and knock it off with them damned heart attacks! Iím not a desert guy so I donít ever expect to stay in Yuma, but I may just drop by in my Caravan for a day or two next winter to say hi to you and some of the other Yuma folks here. As for Quartzite, I donít ever expect to spend much time there for the same reason I never went to rock concerts as a young man (and I missed some great ones!) Iím just too much of an introvert to deal with large crowds, but Iím fine with people singly or in small groups.

Steve
Old 09-10-2016, 09:20 AM   #5866
cwk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geocritter View Post
Unfortunately, yesterday when I first read it my inner comedian took over. Iím afraid Iím both blessed and cursed with a very dry quick sense of humor.
"Unfortunately"???

I thought it was hilarious. I was laughing out loud.

Sometimes you just have to step back, look at things, and laugh at them. This is an old car. I am the original owner with 325K miles on it. It has paid for itself quite well. My wife would probably say that it is time to just let it go. After all, it has already been replaced. But, the curious side of me got the better of me when I saw your battery solution. Yep, she's right. Find the title and sell it. After all, the gas gauge light came on and I cannot drive it to fill it up.

cwk is offline   Reply With Quote