Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-10-2016, 10:14 AM   #5867

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Coffee was good this morning, went to a local restaurant with the neighbor and had breakfast, so it was extra special. This afternoon, we are going to a winery/brewery that is about 20 miles away and going to sample the products. Then stop somewhere for dinner. The park is bustling with activity and things appear to be coming together(finally). I have my doubts about the finish deadline, but that is not my worry. Will feel a lot more confidant when they start pouring concrete.
Tim,
You have got to quit this hospital thing of yours and start being healthy, we don't want anything bad to happen top you and want you around for many more years. Really glad that you are doing better. Thoughts and prayers going your way for a speedy and complete recovery, and no more health issues that put you back in the hospital.
Have a good day all,
Frank

Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-10-2016, 10:53 AM   #5868

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwk View Post
This is an old car. I am the original owner with 325K miles on it. It has paid for itself quite well. My wife would probably say that it is time to just let it go. After all, it has already been replaced.
It's a funny thing about hi-mileage cars, after a while keeping them going becomes somewhat of a personal challenge. "Okay... it's turned 300,000 miles, I wonder if I should go for 350,000 miles?" I had a friend who asked me why I kept cars so long, my answer to him was "It's because I can!" Besides, after 300,000 miles, as long as it doesn't completely crater and leave you stranded in the middle of nowhere who cares, you've already gotten your money out of it. After 300,000 miles is the time to get that one last squeal from the pig!

Steve

Old 09-10-2016, 12:18 PM   #5869

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Afternoon,

Tim, you take there. I have been in the lab when they were stenting one of my patients and it is amazing. They are awake and talking to the doctor and the pain goes away when they open the artery and place the stent. Always amazes me when I get to see it. Then the change in the EKG is amazing too, MI all gone, POOF!

Just booked a CG (about 50 miles away) for Tuesday through Friday this next week. It is a fairly new place and has some nice looking lakes, reviews are good, and their miniature gold looks interesting.

I was in getting an oil change on the Prius and talked to another customer who had brought theirs in too. He said he had had it for years. It had over 500,000 miles on it and he said he planned on keeping it until it died. I think at that many miles he will probably succeed in doing exactly that. He said it was running as good as day one.

I guess it's all about taking care of it and doing the oil changes and other repairs.

Rainy today but still up in temps. Should be down in 70's next week. Rail, got ya on FB. Popeye, create another account and write your password down. How's your Momma doing? Do you see her each day?

Frank, please PM me the name of the CG you are at. I want to bookmark them for next year. Getting closer every day and when you consider days off, weekends off, and holidays I don't work, it isn't that many days at all. Just seems like it will never get there.

Have a great one, Lynne
beamisl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 02:16 PM   #5870

Lynne
This is my FB replacement.
The last thing I need is another site to try to keep up with.....
Plus this site doesn't read everything I write and sell it to advertisers etc etc etc. (or maybe it does???)

Rail
Your tag line seems to be a good fit.
You travel more than I did in the music biz......
Old 09-11-2016, 12:06 AM   #5871

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone! Coffee was very good today!
Lynne and Gordon, welcome to my facebook page, Terry is there also, Frank, tell Rita to send me a friend request too if she wants to! Mk, you and Charles, and Todd, "octanefam" should do it too! And of course Bap, "Jeff" tell Debbie to do also!
Popeye, I have been a traveler my whole life, starting in 1973, left Illinois with a good friend, two Harleys in the back of my 1965 Chevy van, for Phoenix, Az. to see a Deep Purple concert, that another friend sent us tickets to! And with the trucking, in my later life, I have wore out the roads in the U.S.! One thing that Jira and I have in common is our love of travel! Seeing the rest of the world was instilled into me at a young age, by my great Aunt Elizabeth, as she traveled all over the world, and always sent me momento's, and I still have some of them!
Tim, do what the Dr's say, and get to feeling better! Will be sending a prayer your way!
Have not heard from Bobby or Jay for awhile, love hearing their adventures too! And I hope Curtis checks in from time to time too!
Well, everyone have a great day! Rail!
Old 09-11-2016, 06:45 AM   #5872

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning gang,
Coffee is good this morning, weather more of the same, highs in the mid 90's and moderate humidity.
Lynne,
PM sent.
Rail,
I will have Rita do that when she gets on here later.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 07:55 AM   #5873

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Morning,
Coffee is good,
Day 4 No Smokes,
Currently 58
Had too turn on the furnace this morning.
Boy Busy, Busy Forum.
Went to go too a car show last night in the 64, 30 miles and NO Car Show, Disappointed!!!!
I was doing 70-75 just keeping up and we got pasted by a Class C Mercedes they had to have been doing 80-85 at least.
Then on the way home (Please wear a helmet) we saw a Motorcyclist on the Hwy with 10 or more Police Officers, Fireman, Hwy Patrols attending too him and his full dressed Harley Elytra Glide (sp) almost 1/4 mile down the Hwy. Really sad, Then we got pasted by a Motorcyclist us on the left shoulder as we waited to past the scene. He had to have seen the guy on the Hwy.
We got to our exit and stopped for a burger and in the drive thru the relief valve on the Radiator blew on the 64, I pulled out of line and parked . The temp was on High, (the dash lights don't work for that gauge) let it cool off. Took the Radiator cap off and no Anti-freeze. SH** So went in got our food and we had about 1/4 mile to get home so I chanced it and sure enough we got caught at every light but 1 out of 5.
Got her home ate dinner and went out too see the damage and the Radiator is shot.
Had some chest pain around 3 am so got up and took 2 nitros and felt better. Man what a night.

I have been feeling 100% better, you do feel better right away I couldn't believe the Difference, maybe because I'm getting older. You can see on the Monitor screen them putting in the stents. Pretty neat.
I remember after the first one I was clamped to the bed and had to stay there 8 hours,
This one they insert a plug type bandage and I had to lay flat on my back for 3 hours no movement.
The hospital I was in has a nurses strike and they had nurses flow in from all parts of the country.
Thanks for the thoughts and prayers.
Much appreciated.

Yea Frank got any pic's of the Progress? Love too see it.

Steve, Stop on bye We'll be there by the 15th of Oct.

Well I hit the wrong key so I better post before it disappears...

Those on the Road be safe, especially the couple in the Class C
Sorry If I missed any one
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 09:05 AM   #5874

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning,

Had to get lab work done this AM (yearly blood draw) so had to wait on the coffee. Now home and it was delicious. Another beautiful sunny day but it hit 50 last night. It's that time of year.

It had rained yesterday and then the sun came out. Our butterfly bush was beautiful like crystals hanging from the purple flowers because of the sun hitting them. Didn't think about taking a picture and it sure was beautiful!

Frank, I have the info book marked. Thank you! Looks like with the expansion they are going to need more work campers. I don't plan to work camp the first year but the following will be looking.

Tim, stopping smoking is one of the hardest things you will do but keep working on it. If you were a soldier one way to look at this is like you are in a war and the enemy is trying to kill you. Because you are in a war and the enemy is going to kill you. What weapon would you take into battle. Every soldier I have asked this has come up with a different weapon, but they started to rethink what they were doing and saw a way to beat the enemy.

Whether it is a certain caliber of gun or a plane or a bomb, whatever works think about that. You ARE in a battle and you need to survive and come home. You have to change your way of thinking. Right now you really want that cigarette and you have to make yourself not want it.

With someone not in the military, think about you like the least. Do you want that guy walking YOUR daughter down the isle or making love to YOUR wife because you aren't here to do it yourself? You have to make the cigarettes so ugly that they no longer appeal to you.

I had a guy tell me once he had been trying to quit for years. I told him this when I saw him for a test. He came back 4 months later and told me every time he went to smoke a cig he saw a picture of his enemy making love to his wife and he could have strangled me. He also told me he had quit and wanted to thank him for giving him the tool he needed to beat the enemy. He said "I am the only one who is going to make love to MY wife." We hugged and he went home with my best wishes.

I wish I could see candy, cakes, and pie as the enemy but they are so darn tasty. I get addiction, I have one and I am fighting it right now. Mountain Dew is my cocaine. Haven't had one in 5 days. 1 the week before that and I don't plan to have one any time soon. Boy do I want one though. Keep fighting it Tim, you WILL get there.

Well, you all have a great day! Will be looking at the brochures that came from Kentucky yesterday to see about what is available. Lynne
beamisl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 09:35 AM   #5875

Quote:
Originally Posted by beamisl View Post
I get addiction, I have one and I am fighting it right now. Mountain Dew is my cocaine. Haven't had one in 5 days. 1 the week before that and I don't plan to have one any time soon. Boy do I want one though.
Yahoo Mountain Dew! Itíll tickle yer inards! Lynne, do you really want some hillbilly inside you tickliní yer inards?
Steve
Old 09-11-2016, 12:13 PM   #5876

IIRC Mountain Dew and Coffee share the same addictive ingredient.
Old 09-11-2016, 12:28 PM   #5877

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Tim, best wishes for the best recovery, jeez what luck.

ez
97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 07:34 AM   #5878
bap

goodmorning my friends,,

TIM,,prayers for you my friend,,--I quit smoking over 3 years ago,,some may say I cheated I started using an e-cig ...v2...you can start with the nicotine then wean to no nicotine,,,,..---I feel a 100% better and have had zero cravings for a cig..---just sayin...

prayers to all...

...jeff..
Old 09-12-2016, 09:09 AM   #5879

Thirty one years ago oldest son was twelve. We were driving down the road when I mentioned his cousin had been caught smoking marijuana. I explained to him that he might try it or other stuff but he was like his dad, nothing would hook him.

He looked at the Chesterfield King in my hand, at the time and for many years I smoked three to four packs a day of them.

I got the message, haven't touched tobacco since after putting out that cigarette in front of him.

It's kind of funny how a kid can do something and change your life forever. For him at that moment it was a look that said I was blowing smoke out the backside besides the front side. Two weeks ago at the VA for my annual Agent Orange check up I asked about the lung X-ray, doc said that you would never know I used to smoke three to four packs of non-filters a day or welded for a living.

I was lucky in that the importance of making a point to my son I had the reason that was stronger than the chemical and emotional desire for the cigarette. I had tried to quit many times before but the reasons to quit we're never stronger than the needs to smoke.

You can do it too if you find that piece of magic that is the reason that's more important than the taste of the cigarette.

It's a perfect September morning in North Texas. I'm a little overwhelmed with all of the stuff I have to do in the next couple of weeks so we can take Jane to the Dakotas. Best thing about me goes in for her Herceptin infusion tomorrow. That's every third Tuesday until end of May. Every now and then this horrible fear grips me and I have to work real hard to shake it off. I can imagine a life without her, it scares the bejeezuz out of me.

I'm semi-bipolar. I'm unreasonably happy all of the time. So when the fear hits things are a little tougher on the man tougher than most.

Photo is of best thing about me in the navigator's position in Jane.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	196.0 KB
ID:	138715  
Old 09-12-2016, 12:03 PM   #5880

Goooodmorning all yíall!!!

Itís a beautiful sunny day and my morning coffee was excellent! My car repair client still hasnít received his Smart car engine, hopefully itíll arrive today. Iím back working on my own car. The problem I had the other day that had hoped Iíd fixed by rebooting the cars computer returned only this time it wouldnít go away, which is good I guess because constant problems are easier to diagnose and fix than intermittent problems. Itís running so poorly I barely made it back from Ruidoso to Capitan. Unfortunately, I donít have a code reader I can hook-up to the cars computer and thereís only one very small parts shop in Capitan with several mountains between me and the closest OíReillyís or Autozone to have it scanned for me. So far Iíve been working on common sense diagnostics and research. I went on the internet and it appears to the most likely culprit is a failing MAP sensor (Manifold Absolute Pressure sensor). A visual inspection revealed that it was dirty inside so I hosed it out with brake parts cleaner, which is simply an all-purpose highly volatile non-chlorinated solvent. Iím letting it dry for an hour then Iíll reinstall it and hopefully itíll be problem solved. I should probably buy a cheap code reader like I did for my RV but moneyís tight so currently I have to rely on my own brain.

I read about peopleís problems with nicotine addiction and remember my fatherís 3-pack a day addiction and canít believe how lucky I am. I was a really tall big-boned kid so I hung out with kids several years older than me. Hanging out with that crowd I tried smoking when I was 10-11 years old. I liked smoking but couldnít stand the stale ashtray taste it left in my mouth after a few days. Because of that awful taste I quit and never took it up again. Lucky me!

Dang allergies! Iíve been pretty allergy free since I began putting local honey on my morning cereal. However, every so often a strong frontal system will blow through carrying allergens from other parts of the country and then my allergies come back, but not nearly with the severity they used to. Currently when they temporarily return I take fexofenadine hydrochloride (generic Allegra), only now simply using 1/4 tablet usually does the trick.

Wroughtnharv, I wish I was unreasonably happy all the time, for the last 5 years since my wife died Iíve been under a low grade depression that just wonít go away. One of the reasons I read a lot, travel, and stay physically active is to distract myself from constantly missing my wife. After 5 years itís really getting old!

Well itís getting time again to get back to the car problem. At least I still have my motorcycle if I have to go fetch parts.

Steve