Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-12-2016, 02:00 PM   #5881

Post eye surgery report

DH had a wonderful check up at the eye DR. today. He had progressed more than the DR. expected. Now he can officially drive. The DR. put in apuntal plug in each eye to help with correct tear production(dry eyes). He will see him in a month and will give him his RX for reading glasses. Prayers for all those in need. Over the weekend we went camping with our HiLove NY group. Eighteen of us. The weather was about 85 to 90 with some high humidity. Perfect for a campfire each night. It rained the last night. We sure needed it. Just a fun time yacking and eating lots of potluck.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-12-2016, 07:49 PM   #5882

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Evening All,

So we have the rig mostly packed and will finish up in the morning then take off. So ready!

Wrought, fear is always worse for someone else than yourself. It's unbelieveably hard to watch someone you love be sick or dying. When you feel helpless about not being able to fix it, it just sucks. That's one of the things we do here is support each other when we are going through tough times so come back and tell us when you struggle. What is your name, we now know Jane is your love?

Steve, My Dad was also a big smoker and it pretty much killed him at 67 yrs of age. I miss him still 31 yrs later. He is who taught me the love of camping and everything nature. I also use a spoon of honey every morning to help with allergies. I have not taken allergy pills except for very occasionally for over 6 yrs now. I use local honey.

Well, got to get some laundry done for the trip, you all have a good night and will post pictures of CG when we get there.

Lynne

beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 07:49 PM   #5883

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Wraughtnharv,
Our thoughts and prayers go out for your DW.
Steve,
You have to be careful of what you use to clean the MAP sensor, they say using anything other than a regular map sensor cleaner does something to its readings, I am not up enough on it to tell you what.
Sam-3,
Glad to hear that your DH eye checkup went so well, and that you got to go out and enjoy.
Lynne,
Have fun and enjoy your trip.
Have a great evening all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 09:30 PM   #5884

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franka548 View Post
Steve,
You have to be careful of what you use to clean the MAP sensor, they say using anything other than a regular map sensor cleaner does something to its readings, I am not up enough on it to tell you what.
Hi Frank,
Iím just following up, Iím absolutely not tempting fate by bragging, but after I reinstalled the MAP sensor my Caravan ran great, knock on wood! Now if it just continues to run great Iíll be one relieved and happy camper! After you alerted me (unfortunately too late) to potential problems I googled ďbrake cleaner map sensorĒ and what I learned was that the correct cleaner is an electronic parts spray cleaner, however a fair number of people had successfully used brake cleaner so hopefully Iíve lucked out. However, on my next trip into Ruidoso Iím stopping by OíReillyís or AutoZone and Iíll have them run a computer scan and see if there are any error codes being displayed.
Steve
Old 09-12-2016, 09:45 PM   #5885

Quote:
Originally Posted by beamisl View Post
Evening All,

So we have the rig mostly packed and will finish up in the morning then take off. So ready!

Wrought, fear is always worse for someone else than yourself. It's unbelieveably hard to watch someone you love be sick or dying. When you feel helpless about not being able to fix it, it just sucks. That's one of the things we do here is support each other when we are going through tough times so come back and tell us when you struggle. What is your name, we now know Jane is your love?

Steve, My Dad was also a big smoker and it pretty much killed him at 67 yrs of age. I miss him still 31 yrs later. He is who taught me the love of camping and everything nature. I also use a spoon of honey every morning to help with allergies. I have not taken allergy pills except for very occasionally for over 6 yrs now. I use local honey.

Well, got to get some laundry done for the trip, you all have a good night and will post pictures of CG when we get there.

Lynne
I'm Harvey, best thing about me is Glenda, Doser is the dachshund, and Jane is the 1993 Winnebago Vectra 35 RQ. Glenda is NED (no evidence of disease) at this time and doing awesome. Her cancer was Her2 positive and was rated 8 on a scale of 1-9 for aggressiveness.

So we are living like we're dying, ThereaboutsTexas.com is the blog.

We had a great day, got some work done and appreciate that all days have value. I'm a workaholic by nature and have had to learn that all good days have value. Even if that good day was spent in front of a television or in a book it wasn't wasted if it that person found pleasure.
Old 09-13-2016, 06:25 AM   #5886

Good morning coffee is brewing as I type this soon ready for the first cup....lol

Ya know Harvey I could not agree more with your words last September I was diagnosed with ALL and the Dr told me I would be dead by Thanksgiving if I did not get treated.....well here I am still working at only 48 I have to say that everything is shown to you in a different light for different reasons....

Blood check up yesterday was oK but it does take a bit for the white blood cells to pop back up...

Everyone have a great day and enjoy life

Mk
Old 09-13-2016, 06:28 AM   #5887

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Coffee is good this morning. Work at the park is going at a frantic like pace, they set the lift station yesterday along with a truck load of concrete, even though it rained a couple times pretty hard.
Steve,
Glad that it worked for you, it is possible that because you took the map sensor out and cleaned it with lots of ventilation that the brake cleaner evaporated and the fumes didn't have a chance to throw the sensor out of calibration (just guessing here).
Tim,
Hope that you are feeling good again. Quitting smoking will be one of the hardest things that you will do, but the end results are well worth the effort. I quit over 35 years ago. You will be amazed at how after a short time that your sense of smell comes back, food tastes different, etc.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 07:26 AM   #5888
bap

goodmorning gang,,

HARVEY,,prayers for GLENDA and yourself--yes life is good and GOD is great!!

SAM,, very happy to hear the great news !!

LYNNE,, have a great trip,,enjoy!!!

FRANK,, good to hear the work is at such a pace---stay with it ..don't pass out,,lol--that's what we use to say on the high production line at a place I use to work building mack trucks..sheww that was a work out we all looked like body builders there---I actually loved that job ,,we were a stamping plant everything we handled was heavy..

MK,, good to hear it was ok,,prayers still go up for you my friend from here in ky..

well its a very nice 53deg outside the morning fog is being burned off by the sun,i think I will get outside and get some work done,,,have a great day and GOD BLESS!!

jeff
Old 09-13-2016, 07:31 AM   #5889

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Morning,
Currently 59,
told ya rvpopeye Change of seasons. Love them.
I got up @ 3 and it took 1 1/2 hours to post a response so I logged out and had some toast and came back a few minutes ago and seems to be back too normal. I'm also having Raw, uncut honey on my toast, I don't have allergies but it tastes pretty dang good. We have it around here because one of the girls has seizures and the honey brings her out of them.
I quit smoking back in 2010 I left 2 packs of smokes in the freezer and didn't smoke for 2 1/2 years until we were on a cruise and Joe went to get a pack and I said get me one too and the rest is history.
I had left over products, nicotine inhalers that I am using at this point I need all the help I can get. Can't afford the patches and my Doc says I can still use the inhalers even though they are 16 years old.
Day 6 smoke free. the difference in taste and smells is remarkable.
Well I'm doing okay read my discharge pages from the hospital yesterday. So mowing the lawn here and at my brothers was a NONO and the pressure washing of garage and part of the house is also a nono. So today I will take it easy.
Went to get a price on getting the radiator re-corded and was told $4-550.00. Will need to replace next spring. need the funds for AZ. EOM (end of month).
steve,
glad you got her running again amazing how just a shot of a spray, can solve the problem. Where ya planning on staying come winter time?

sam-3
Glad you hubby got the approval to drive again. Happy you got back too us.

mkohler30,
Happy too read blood work is coming back to normal. I hear ya about living life. Ya never now if you'll have another tomorrow.

Harvey
Welcome too you and the Mrs. Glad she is doing so well, say hi to the little dachshund too.

Frank,
hoping someday to say I quite 35 years ago.

jeff,
congrats on the 3 years, I had a real craving for a smoke yesterday but I didn't. The docs warning about having my leg taken off is doing the trick. The toe I don't really miss but the leg I would.
And I am using the nicotine inhalers. I don't care what the Na-Sayers say I've got too do this what ever it takes.

Any one heard from Lloyd?

beamsil,
Have a great time and don't over do it, ya still have a year too go... Is the hubby already retired or are you both still working?
Getting short, a little over 3 weeks till take off. Getting pretty antsy.
That's about it from the homestead,
Those on the road be safe,
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 09:32 AM   #5890

Goooodmorning all yíall!!!

Itís another beautiful partly cloudy cool day and my morning coffeeís great as usual!

The RV park owner stopped by yesterday to report that heís finally bitched at the shipping company responsible for shipping his Smart car engine. It turns out the engineís been sitting 60 miles away in Roswell for the past week while they get there stuff together to deliver it to Capitan. Ah, the joys of living in rural very-small-town America! Heís as big as me and an ex-cop so I guess he knows how to forcefully express himself because the engineís now expected tomorrow. Itíll probably arrive late tomorrow afternoon just so the shipping turds can feel that they had the last word.

This morning Iím driving into Ruidoso to pick up synthetic motor oil for both my RV and my Caravan. I usually change my Caravanís oil every 10,000 miles, but since I took it on my recent +12,000 mile Alaska road trip itís now been 16,000 miles since the last oil change. Highway miles are far less stressful on a car engine then short-hop, stop & go driving so Iím not worried about it, changing it at this time just ties in well with changing the oil on my RV. I donít need to get all greasy twice. The drive will be a good test of my recent MAP sensor service, I just hope I donít have problems since I have to cross a steep mountain pass on the 25 mile trip. The other day when I had to limp the Caravan back to Capitan I barely cleared the summit at 15mph!

Itís good to hear all yíall are doing well. Iím really glad to hear that folks are trying to quit their smoking habit. I never could figure out why people spend good money to damage their health, but I guess I always have been frugal. FWIW my late wife often used the unfortunate term ďcheapĒ to describe me, but after a comparison of the meaning of the words cheap and frugal, I tend to think the word frugal applies better to me, but maybe Iím just fooling myself.

Itís off to Ruidoso. Iíd appreciate any good thoughts from all yíall that my trip into Ruidoso and back is uneventful.

Steve
Old 09-13-2016, 09:44 AM   #5891

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone;
I quit smoking a little over 40 years ago. At the time I was smoking 2 - 3 packs a day. Just decided it was time. IMO you can do it if you just make up your mind and get stubborn, really stubborn. We all have the ability to do what we want, we just have to want to do it in our heart of hearts, not because someone else wants us to.

Anyway Tim I will expect to see you smoke free in about a month. Tell Joe I hope he will be smoke free as well. We can take the money you save and go buy some tequila!!! LOL. Kidding.

Working on one of the raspberry beds. Digging out all of the old canes and shaking out the quack grass roots. Will replant with new canes. Should be done taking it out about noon tomorrow and then a half day to replant. Lots of work but the last time it lasted just about 10 years so hoping the same for this iteration.

Steve - I prefer frugal as well. To me it signifies figuring out ways to reduce spending on things you need from companies who are gouging you.

Hope everyone has a grand day.
Old 09-13-2016, 12:27 PM   #5892

I hope everybody battling health issues get through it ok and have many more years free of problems.

And while I'm on that I want to say we all should live every day like it was our last..Sooner or later it will be.

We lost 4 of my mom's sisters in as many years and now she's the only one left of 14 brothers and sisters. Needless to say , at 92 , I let her do (and eat) everything she wants , and she sure keeps my hoppin'!!!
Old 09-13-2016, 01:54 PM   #5893

Winnebago Owners Club
Speaking about eating.

Janet and I have entered the toasted bacon and tomato season. Made with fresh vine ripened home grown tomatoes. The season is short so will enjoy it while it is available.

Popeye - my mom was the same. She ate what she wanted. She resumed smoking years after quitting. Same as your mom could not convince her to travel much or very far. But she enjoyed her last years until she had a stroke.
Old 09-14-2016, 12:22 AM   #5894

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Morning, Everyone! Coffee is very good today! Fresh beans yesterday, and the first cup with the fresh grind!
Tim, it seems that all of us used to be smokers in our earlier life! Me, 30 years ago, I quit smoking and drinking! I had a DUI, and when you drive for a living, that is no good! So, I made up my mind, and quit with a full pack on the table next to my chair! Hardest thing I had ever done, and the benefits were clear, the longer I stayed smoke free! Now when I go to the Dr. they say, "you never smoked?" and I tell them yes I did, but along time ago! You can do this too, just make up your mind, and stick with it, and if you get tempted, just think about all the things you enjoy, and how darn hard it has been to get this far, and get mad, real mad at those darn things, and what they have caused you go through! You can relate all of your ill health issues to the cig's in one way or another! I blame the two different types of cancer I have to the cig's, and I will never pick them up again! Everyone has their way of quiting, and just do what works for you. Good luck! we are here for you!
Gordon, BLT's are the best! Enjoy!
Steve, hope the fix stays fixed! I think I would buy a new one just in case?
MK, glad to see you and all the others that joined me on facebook! Hope that blood count get's to the levels you are after! Happy for you!
Harvey and Glenda, so happy for you two! Enjoy Jane!
Sam-3, good news for your DH!
Bap, Jeff, When are you going for your neck? (Zipper) We are praying for you for the best outcome!
Popeye, enjoy your time with your mom!!
Frank and Rita, look thru the pic's on my home page, and enjoy! Hope they get you back into your spot real soon in the park!
Lloyd, you get lost out there in Utah?? Have fun!
Everyone, have a great day! Rail!