Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-14-2016, 04:54 AM   #5895

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Morning,
Currently 54
Furnace is working Flawlessly,
Coffee is pretty taste,
Day 7 No smokes,
Boy I sure miss not haven the garden, fresh tomatoes, cukes, broccoli, I miss them.
Had to redo some of the front strip I painted, on the PA. MAN what a mess had to scrap off layers of primer, paint and clear. Scrapped all the way down to fiberglass.
Looking at the rest of the front end its going to need to be repainted, the damage done from the battery won't come off. I have tried sanding 150 grit, paint thinner, Acetone. The black streaks just won't come out. I'm thinking copper as a color. The stripes on the sides are copper and brown.
I think I'll be doing it in Yuma,
Might even get a price too have it done, let them fight it...
Joe is having a hard time quitting the cigs. I gave him a Nicotine inhaler and he says its just not cutting it. It has to be the hardest thing I have tried too do.
Thanks too all that have given me incentives to stop smoking very much appreciated. Thank you,
Those on the road be safe,
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-14-2016, 05:47 AM   #5896

Good morning all!

Looks like everyone is doing well. We got home Monday morning, had to return a little early for a family emergency, our daughter had back surgery Monday at noon. She is doing real well, a 100% recovery is expected, although is may take 10 weeks.

Our trip was fantastic. Had a great time. The rig with the trailer bike and Jeep worked very well. And "Ms Prissy" (our coach) had no issues beyond a blown fuse for the power cord reel, and a slow leak on the dash a/c. Nothing monumental.

We stopped at the Tulsa Expo Center (State Fair Grounds) as a friend of mine was there for the national miniature horse show, he is a force in that business. We had a great time we he and his family and staff,,,, and enjoyed helping with the 29 horses he had in the show. We left there Sunday at 1pm, 1,008 miles from home, pulled in the driveway here at 7am Monday. A long run......

Much to do now, unpacking, and cutting grass etc..

Lynne, have a great trip!

Tim, if you take your coach to have work on it while in Yuma, where will you stay? Motel it?

Have a great day all!

L.
Old 09-14-2016, 05:54 AM   #5897

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Coffee is good this morning, weather right now is good, although we might get some rain from the tropical storm that is on the east coast.
Tim,
If you are running the furnace, doesn't it mean that it is time to start heading south? It is getting cooler here to, only going to upper 80's today instead of mid 90's.
Lloyd,
Where are you? Please let us know that you are ok. Ahhh, You slipped in while I was typing this up, good to hear from you.
Jay,
Same goes for you, we haven't heard from you in a while. Hope that everything is going good with the MH.
Charles,
Hope that you stay dry from the tropical storm that is dumping all that water on you.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 05:57 AM   #5898
bap

uggggggg,,,,just had a heart felt post go poof,,,,
Old 09-14-2016, 07:03 AM   #5899

Goooodmorning all y’all!!!

It’s still dark out but after two cups of coffee I’m wide awake. I wish I could sleep later, I have no problem falling asleep but after I’ve slept seven hours I just can’t stay in bed and I toss and turn until I finally have to get up.

I drove my sickly RV 25 miles down to south Ruidoso yesterday to pick up some synthetic motor oil for Caravan and RV. BTW for you DIY folks Walmart synthetic, with virtually the same API rating as Mobil 1, is only $17.59 for 5 quarts. My Caravan ran fine until I left Walmart and then the damned engine began acting up again. I stopped at AutoZone and their code reader diagnosed a failing crankshaft position sensor. The diagnosis made logical sense based on the way the engine was running and the new sensor was only $21 so I purchased it. The bad news was that it was buried behind the front engine mount and I couldn’t just replace it in the parking lot. Fortunately, I made it back to Capitan with very little trouble, changed the oil, filter, installed the new sensor and the engine appears to be running okay again. I have my fingers crossed though. I have to drive to Ruidoso again later on this morning so that’ll be a good test. Next maintenance item are new front brake pads and rear brake shoes. The pads will be free since 5 years ago I purchased pads with a lifetime AutoZone warranty (hehe!). This’ll be my third free brake pad set. The brake shoes will cost money though since in 205,000 miles I’ve never had to replace them.

Tim, after you’ve spent several months without smoking you’ll wonder why you ever picked up the habit to begin with. Your food will taste better, you’ll literally breathe easier, you’ll have more energy, and you’ll have more money rattling around in your pockets. You’ll realize that for years you’d been spending your good hard earned money on something that was hurting you and you’ll be happy you quit.

Looking out the window it’s now foggy and overcast. I expect it’ll be a nice day after the fog burns off.

Steve
Geocritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 08:13 AM   #5900

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning All;
Tim - hang in there, you are a strong person and will beat this. Tough sometimes but just get stubborn and you will get through it. Tell Joe that nothing worthwhile comes easy.

Steve - good luck with the engine repair. Now that you have the code I believe you will have the right fix.

BAP - we are all victims of the dreaded "poof" fairy.

Today we are going to do our last grass cut of the year. Will set up the bagger and haul all of the grass clippings to either the garden or the compost pile. Was looking at the garden yesterday and noticed the squash has had a touch of frost!!! Plans are getting underway for our southern sojourn, just have to determine a date.

Supposed to be nice for the rest of the week and then cooling. Will be turning the heat on in the coach as we did not winterize. Not taking any chances.

Off to set up the bagger. Everyone have a great day.
Old 09-14-2016, 08:30 AM   #5901

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning,

Harvey, glad to meet ya. Prayers and healing to your lady Jane. The group here gets working on prayers and God just tends to make it happen. You might want to check out a thread called "Good Morning Meet & Greet". This group is planning to meet at a CG (probably in Kentucky) and greet each other, share meals, campfires, and just plain be friends together. We have met here like "pen pals" and some of us have actually met for real. Bap (Jeff) suggested it and we are making plans. Dates and info are on the thread. If you two are interested, let me know and I will get your info to add to our list.

I smoked like 2 cigarettes and got nauseated and never again thank God! My problem is food. Love bread, candy, pies, Mountain Dew and need to stop most of it except for occasionally. Need to loose about 40 lbs and start exercising more than I do. like was said, it is up to us.

CG is nice, pictures will be posted when I move them over to pc from phone. Lake out front window has a small island on it. Would be a wonderful place for kids to play and completely visible to parents. Might swim over to it later today. Quiet place, nice pool, and not awfully busy. Just like we like.

Jerry's company went over seas 13 years ago. He and 196 other employees lost their jobs that day. There were only 6 of us that had someone else working and insurance. We were lucky. Jerry found a job and then got laid off 6 months later, another job and laid off 4 months later, another and so it went. With his work ethics we never thought he would have a problem finding a job. MI got hit hard and it changed everything. He hasn't worked for 10 yrs. It was hard on him not being able to support us. He took pride in taking good care of us. We were ok financially because of his prior years of financial diligence and then his health took a dive. This happened 4 yrs before MI got hit hard. We only ever lived on one pay check so we were ok. Everything was pretty close to being paid off so we didn't loose anything.

Anyway, nice are to visit. Lake Huron not too far away and we went there yesterday, had a nice campfire last night, and brats on the grill. My idea of a good time.

Take care all, talk with you later. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 09:46 AM   #5902

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Lynne, Harvey's DW is Glenda, and Jane is their MH! Unless you were talking about Jane's ehaust manifold needing welded up, then I stand corrected? Lol!!
Old 09-14-2016, 03:37 PM   #5903

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hi Rail,

No, on vacation and mind is not functioning at full capacity. Just woke up from a nap and boy I could get used to those. Sorry Harvey and Glenda.

Lot of seasonal sites at this CG, 3 lakes so lots of spots with a great view. Turned a bit cold (darn it) was looking forward to swimming but it is a bit chilly for that so nap away.

Later, got to go for another walk though. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 04:18 PM   #5904
cwk

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Good evening, all.

Frank, No problem with the rain this time. It was a bit heavy overnight, but did not accumulate into a pond in the middle of our driveway like a long heavy rain does. It was windy overnight. Blew over an aluminum ladder I had rinsed off and leaned up against the house to dry. No damage. I was up in the middle of the night; checked the weather radar and found some real heavy rain close to us. Most of it seemed to stay offshore.

Lynne, what state are you in a CG? Just curious. Enjoy the break and your naps.

Tim, Stay strong, both mentally and physically. Think more about what you are going to do (e.g., Yuma, etc.) than what you don't want to (or should not) be doing. We all need to do that. Our very lives depend on it!

Jeff, I have learned to copy my posts onto the Windows clipboard (Ctl-A, Ctl-C) before Previewing or Submitting. I have been poofed way too many times. It does seem to happen more often when I have lots of smilies in my post. Not sure if that means anything. It is very annoying.

Lloyd, Welcome back home and prayers for your daughter.

Steve, Hope the Caravan behaves from now on. It's good you know how to work on it. I never picked up smoking either. Never saw any benefits either and just stayed away from it. It works for me.

sam-3, Glad to hear your DH's eyes are working well. Sounds like you had a good time camping.

Harvey, Our thoughts and prayers for Glenda. Glad she is doing so well. Enjoy each other.

MK, Good news on the report. Continued prayers and thanks for sharing your positive attitude.

Everyone, enjoy the rest of today, and have a great Thursday tomorrow.
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 09:18 PM   #5905

Thanks for the invite to the meet and greet Lynne. We'll let happenstance do her magic on the get together.

This is an end of day report for the Good Morning gang. Today was a good day but it was about getting other people's stuff done instead of our own. The shaver rivets that Custom talked about for working on Airstreams are my new favoritest gadget. A bud has an aluminum boat for jug fishing (Google it) and it had a leak. Originally I was going to weld it up but decided a patch using the shavers would be better. I do believe time will prove me right. They worked great.

I was telling a bud about the parts I was going to need for Jane and he suggested giving him the list and he would get them delivered to his shop asap at an unbeatable price. We only talk about four to six times a year but have been doing it for about thirty years, yeah, friendship is a many splendored thing. I'll give him the list in the morning.

We all have a sphere of influence/friendship. There's work, family, neighborhood, interests, school, etc. Internet or cyber friendships are just as real as the others sometimes. Early 2003 a friend/political adversary almost a thousand miles away mentioned a website that I would enjoy. It was Tractorbynet.com. I was member number early 3,000's. The current membership is almost 295,000 with over 4 1/2 million posts. I've attended funerals out of state and here in Texas of friends I found there. So when I stumbled on to this thread I felt right at home. I know these kind of people.

Today best thing about me got her bone scan appointment set for Monday. It looks like it will take up most of the day for us. We still don't have the analysis in from Holt Cat on the oil and antifreeze. We're still hoping for a departure middle next week for the Dakotas, want to see Rushmore.

We're committed to changing our travel pattern. We've always been destination oriented, get there, have fun, get back. The big emphasis being on having fun there. Our goal now is to have the getting there and getting back as much fun as the destinationing (spell check goes crazy when I do that).
Old 09-15-2016, 06:04 AM   #5906

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Morning,
Currently 63
Day 8 smoke free,
Coffee is fantastic
Took all the mini blinds out of MH yesterday and sprayed them with Bleach White then hit them with a pressure washer.
They look new again... Time too get the MH ready for our next journey, Yuma, We are hoping to be there on the 15th of October. I'm getting Short. 29 Days and a wakeup.
Put what I am hoping will be the last layer of fiberglass matting on the old gals rear-end yesterday, I mixed paint in the Resign and it looks so much nicer than the PO did. Lots of sanding ahead of me. I also did a little work on the front stripe. "Now that is irritating"

Lloyd,
I guess I didn't think of that, if I back in my site no one will see the rear-end. I guess Gordon will, I'll have to buy a fake tree and place it in front of the repairs,
All's well that ends well....
I really won't have time to finish it.
I still have a wax job too do.
Wow that's a day of driving That wasn't you guys in that Class C ? I spoke of a few days ago doing 80-85? Glad it was a good trip and the MH preformed well and really happy about your daughter's recovery.

Gordon...
Frost Already?
Yikes yes better turn on the furnace, Make sure it fires up. Mine works I needed it the last coupe mornings but not nearly ready for a frost yet.

Steve,
The brakes on the concours were done when we bought her back at 72,000 miles. She now has 209,000 miles and still stops on a dime. Maybe when you come visit we can tackle them.
I am not sure why I started smoking, I hate opening my wallet to dish out the bucks.
I can already tell the difference in taste and smells. Its been a tough 8 days I'll tell ya.

Franka548,
We didn't get out of the sixties yesterday Won't be long and Poof --- YUMA. I am Sooo Ready.

Jeff,
When can I start with the Zipper neck????
What a bummer I hate those dang Poof's Gone mailings.
Are you and the Mrs. doing any re-do's??
cwk,
I'm trying too, but got the call yesterday from the Doc's office and got read the Riot act by the triage nurse. "your mowing the lawn? Well yes I have a rider. I asked her What's the difference if I'm sitting in a lawn chair or sitting on my Ridder? no response.

beamsil, Not too worry it happens to the best of us, Enjoy your nap.
Well that's enough,
Ya'll have a great day & Those on the road be safe.
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 06:32 AM   #5907

Morning all!

Daughter is doing good, was feeling weak and tired yesterday, they gave her a transfusion last night and this morning she is feeling perky. The agenda today is laps around the hospital floor. They said best recovery exercise for this is walking.

69* here. Was hot yesterday, spent the entire day mowing, and picking up clippings. I think next time I do a 3-4 week trip during grass season I better get someone to mow. It got way out of hand.

Gordon, I will be mowning till the end of November, maybe even once in December.

Tim, I smoked, quit many years ago. You will not regret this, just hang tough. It is a matter of determination.

Ordered a can of refrigerant with the dye in it yesterday, and the ultravilolet light and glasses. See if I can find the slow leak in the coach a/c system. Should be here tomorrow thanks to amazon.

Have a great day all!

L.
Old 09-15-2016, 06:35 AM   #5908

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Coffee is good this morning. Weather is more of the same, lows in the middle 70's, highs in the upper 80's with the threat of a thunderstorm. Work continues at the park, looks like they are putting the finishing touches on all the sanitary sewer catchbasins, they all have to be concreted in the bottom. They still have to finish the lift station and run the line out to the street, but it seems to be progressing nicely. The Electric company has been here the last couple days installing the primary feed line to the back 40. Just got another load of cement storm sewer pipes in, so once they geet the storm sewer lines finished up, they can run the new water lines, then it will be time to finish grade and start on the sites themselves(going to be concrete pads). Can't wait for them to start finishing things instead of tearing things up.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote