Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-22-2016, 11:42 PM   #5965

Lynne
Pirate days in a seacoast town somewhere would be all that...

But I'm not calling this bunch pirates cuz they dress and talk funny.
Maybe rednecks of the ocean making a living clamming , worming , fishing for lobster , diving for scallops or urchins and also whatever unspeakable thing that will make the boat and truck payment happen. I'm not sure I'd want to be at a party with them like I used to 40+ yrs ago , though they may have mellowed out by now ?????? Nahhhhh probably not. The last time I talked to one of 'em there were still some kickin' .

And yes they did spend free time researching old time pirates in the area and looking for long forgotten buried treasure , I kid you not one bit about this .

Plus...
There are also pirates doing even more pirate like stuff in the Gulf and Caribbean or off the coast of Africa , China , Nam......they just don't make movies about so many of them now.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-23-2016, 03:55 AM   #5966

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Morning,
Steve I'm glad one of us is getting some sleep went to bed at midnight and am up @ 3
Not much happening just laying in my hospital bed watching Masterpiece theater on PBS something about old sea bearing guy's. Could it be your buds rvpopeye?
No coffee, I be danged if I'm giving that up. Maybe I'll go for a walk and see if I can find some.
Went for a walk to the other ward last night that I was at too see if the nurses that I had were working and yes they were so visited for awhile then came back too my room. BBBooorrrriiinnngggg.
No word on surgery today. They are pumping me full of strong antibiotics. Maybe the surgeon will come by this morning, sure hope I'm not going to lay here all weekend.
Going to go surfing looking for a Motorhome. Can't order breakfast till 6:30.
Thanks Joe for bringing me my laptop.
Thanks everybody, Really appreciate it.
Tim

spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 06:53 AM   #5967

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Coffee is good this morning. Yes, to all that it will be good to be done with all the construction, a very big BUT is that we have been waiting on this upgrade for a few years now, so it will be worth all the aggravation.
Lynne,
I think that the price increases will stay in the 3 to 5% range for 2017, they made a big jump in prices last year when the park changed hands. Yes, they will need more workampers, both for the office and the park itself when the new sections fill up. It will still be a lot easier than what we had to do, nowhere near the amount of leaves to take care of, a lot less dust floating around, so the cleaning will be easier too.
Tim,
Thoughts and prayers go out to you for a good outcome.You need to quit going in the hospital, we are going to start thinking that you have something going with the nurses there, lol. (just kidding).
Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 08:17 AM   #5968

Goooodmorning all yíall!!!

The sunís beginning to rise, itíll be risen by the time this post is written. I awoke at 5am this morning to the howls of a large coyote pack creating quite a ruckus close by. Those folks who donít have small dogs or cats call coyotes ďsong dogsĒ. Theyíre sooo cute until a beloved pet goes missing. Around here I think itís the chickens that the RV park owners let run freely through the park that attracts the coyotes.

BTW, my morning coffeeís particularly delicious today. Yesterday I drove into Ruidoso to pick up a few ECc parts and on the way home I scored Peetís Major Dickasonís Blend coffee beans on sale at Albertsonís. It was Peetís coffee in Menlo Park CA that introduced me to high-end coffee over 40 years ago.

Iím hoping to finish work on the ECc today. All I have left is reattaching a bunch of miscellaneous clutter and correct one installation mistake. I forgot to install the air cleaner box before I installed the engine (the box was initially in the way of installing other parts). Now, because the engine service opening is so small Iíll have to put a jack under the engine, remove the drivers side engine mount, and hopefully lower the engine enough so the air cleaner box clears the tiny opening. Speaking of tiny openings, itís things such as that thatíve made me really hate this car. The engineers didnít have to make the opening that small. Itís just another case of inconsiderate engineering.

Tim, what are we going to do with you? Is it the gourmet food they serve at your hospital that draws you back? OkayÖ repeat after meÖ hospitals are not for fine dining. Iím glad that youíre still not smoking Tim, thatís terrific. Speaking for all here, weíre all proud of you.

Itís good to hear that everything seems to be going well for the rest of yíall. Hopefully, after the doctors are done, wild man Tim will kick back this time and actually let his foot heal. Tim I donít have a real TV, just a monitor to watch DVDís, but I understand that TVís can be quite entertaining when youíre confined to a bed or a recliner (millions of couch potatoes will agree). I suggest you kick back and watch your TV more while youíre healing and stay off your feet.

Steve
Old 09-23-2016, 09:18 AM   #5969

Well it's been awhile since I posted but I do read the forums several times a day..... BTW coffee is good as usual...

Critter it seems that engineers and designers take no consideration it making things easy to work on nowadays but your gonna have that ECc fixed right I can tell be the way you pay attention to detail....

Tim,,,,buddy those nurses are cute but......stay away from the hospital....I quit smoking 5 1/2 years ago and after the first two weeks I had it licked and look your already there.....there will be days that the cravings will come but they will also pass and get to be fewer and farther between believe me you got this....take care of your foot and when you can go home make it to where you don't have to go back...

Rail...hope the trips turn out to be as great as they sound....I am sure it will be better .....take lots of pictures

Frank....sounds like the progress on the park is going well and I hope one day to come stay there ....

Lynne...sounds like your really getting a lot of enjoyment out of you MH.....hope you keep having a blast seeing all the different campgrounds

Been doing good here in Texas....it looks like someone is putting in a subdivision about a mile up the road and if they are then my property value should go up...matter of fact the wife said the other night that we should sell within the next five years....I think sooner but we will see.....

That's it from Texas y'all take care now

Mk
Old 09-23-2016, 09:47 AM   #5970

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone;
Tim - talk about a poke in the eye with a sharp stick. It seems like your foot has a mind of its own. Take care of yourself. Like MK says you are past the smoke 'critical' period and I know you have the willpower to continue the resistance. If you can get off of the patch please do so at the earliest moment. IMO they are not much better than actually smoking. Who knows what crap they put in them? Better to suffer a bit more than take the chance of what they might be doing.

Started to take the garden off yesterday by digging the potatoes and picking the squash. First hill of potatoes gave about 10 lbs. Thankfully some of the others were not quite so prolific. However by the time I got done the bucket on the tractor was full. I then hand washed (with a brush) each and every individual potato. Had a good run this year as I only cut 6 potatoes when digging. Enough squash to fill the bucket at well. Lots of spaghetti squash, a half dozen butternut and some zucchini. Will be giving some away to family and friends and taking some to Yuma.

For some reason our potatoes have grown a bunch of lunkers. Nice but enough but one potato could feed a family of 4 - 6. I added a bunch of compost to the garden last spring and the rain came at the right time with sufficient amounts so I consider that as the cause. Interesting that the potatoes bloomed for over a month. Kept throwing new blooms on the same bush.

Janet caught a summer cold while on a Red Hat trip. She seems to be past the cold but has had a persistent cough. It is getting better but painfully slow.

Going to have a wind up wiener roast tomorrow with family and friends. Weather will be typical fall but a larger fire will mitigate some of that. Started splitting the wood from the trees we cut down but managed to break the axe handle. Going on an outing for a new axe handle today so wood for the fire should not be a problem.

Bests for a grand day.
Old 09-23-2016, 10:32 AM   #5971

Tim
Me thinks yer foot is trying to turn ye into a pirate .
Stay away from planks !
Old 09-23-2016, 03:37 PM   #5972

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Mk,
We hope to see you soon, The park should be in good shape for next season, it will be usable this season, but the thing should be pretty well completed, landscaped and all by next season.
Steve,
I have said for years that the enginners that design these cars should be made to work on them for a year before they get to design them.
Gordon,
Hope Janet gets rid of that cough soon. Sounds like you will have enough veggies to last for a while.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 05:42 PM   #5973

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvpopeye View Post
Tim
Me thinks yer foot is trying to turn ye into a pirate .
Stay away from planks !
A friend of our SIL has a serious bit of cancer. He is fighting and has outlasted the prognosis by a number of years. Every once and a while he has to go in for some surgery where they will remove something.

His joke about it is he will have an easy entrance into heaven because they have been sending pieces of him for years.
Old 09-23-2016, 08:44 PM   #5974

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Evening,
Well they stopped the antibiotics for the night. I got a Kidney test @ 7 tonight some concern they are not working at full capacity. I think they are working fine with all the trips to the biffie.
The toe come's off first thing in the am.
I'm kind of bummed we bought everything to finish up the repairs on the PA the day I came in here, and its sitting in the garage.

Gordon I might have to finish in Yuma.
Nothing like home grown taters. So much better than store bought. And squash yum along with a baked potato and Meatloaf. Joe makes a pretty good meatloaf.
Hoping Janet feels better soon.
Getting close to take off. Lost count on how many days till take off.
We got 3 inches of rain the other night and my brother got almost 9 inches. This is the road we come into his farm with the MH. Guess we won't be coming in that way!!!!
Hey guy's Guess were the starter is on the Northstar engine in the 99concours ??? Unbelievable.
Have a great weekend,
Those on the road be safe.
Thanks again for the thoughts and prayers.
Tim
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	imagejpeg_1.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	184.0 KB
ID:	139777   Click image for larger version

Name:	PART_1474588631301.jpeg
Views:	16
Size:	124.3 KB
ID:	139778  

Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1474613438470.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	139779   Click image for larger version

Name:	imagejpeg_0.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	342.0 KB
ID:	139781  

spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 10:37 PM   #5975

Winnebago Owners Club
Prayers for you Tim. Prayers for the surgeon to have deft hands.

Can be worse things than having to finish in Yuma. Not a big thing to worry about considering you are going into surgery. Your fix so far has improved the appearance 100% so you are way ahead of the game. Bring your stuff along and I am more than willing to supervise. LOL!! I am a quick learner so will help where possible. Besides both of us have watched Terry's videos so we should be "armchair experts" and you have some practice so it will get done.

Have a tub of potatoes and squash ready to bring down. Hand scrub each potato so Agricultural Inspection will let us through. Have been fortunate in previous years as they only allow commercial bagged potatoes across but I have scrubbed them nice and clean. Going to dig the carrots next week. Same for beets. If Joe makes the meatloaf we will do up the veggies.

Bests to you.
Old 09-24-2016, 04:05 AM   #5976

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Afternoon Everyone! Coffee was very good today!
Tim, Dang, guess you better get off the inhalers too! Give your blood veins some relief, so you can get the blood flow back to your foot, so it will heal properly! I know, it will be hard, be we know you can do it! I'm sure you have heard this from the Dr.'s too, so I will lay off now! Is that really where they put the starter? Man that is a lot of water across the road!
Steve, is it "alive" yet?
Gordon, glad you had a good harvest!
MK, good to hear from you! Glad everything is going good for you! Property values going up is a good thing, when you are thinking about selling!
Had a nice long talk with my son this morning! Nice I can call for free using the internet ( messenger ) and just use data, which I have that is unlimited, they do not even keep track of it! He had Mona out this last weekend, and the dash A/C compressor locked up, chucked the belt, it was the only belt dedicated for the A/C, so no big deal! It did not work good anyway, and I never used it, always ran the generator and the roof air! Everything else is working great, so, glad it is being used and exercised!
Everyone have a great day! Rail!
Old 09-24-2016, 07:15 AM   #5977

Goooodmorning all yíall!!!

This getting up to starry skies and not the sunrise feels odd. My morning coffeeís exceptional. I really like Peetís coffee!

Yes Rail, it's alive! I finally fired up the Evil Clown car yesterday. It still needs a little work and I didnít try driving it but the engine ran good. Iíd called the owner over to keep an eye on the engine because I feared a leak from the oil filter. The new oil filter Iíd gotten was defective and Iíd had to temporarily reinstall the old filter. Anyhow, I turned the key and nothing happened, absolutely nothing. It was as if I had a dead battery. Then I had an aha moment. Iíd neglected to hook up the engines ground cable! Unfortunately, the connection point and the ground wire are now buried under engine clutter. As a test I took a jump cable and clamped one end to the engine block, the other to the negative battery post and bingo, the little b-----d started right up! By this time it was 4:30pm and I was very tired, so I quit for the day. This morning Iíll see about unburying and reattaching the ground cable. If itís too hard to do Iíll install another ground cable somewhere else and call it done. I still havenít driven the car so other evils may befall this project. I sure hope not!

Yesterday evening I received an email that a friend and a personal hero of mine had died. I met Charlie back in the late 1990ís when I was going through a middle-age-crazy period and was active in the Chicago Mountaineering Club. Charlie was in his late 70ís at the time, looked at least 10 years younger, and acted 40 years younger. The man was an incredible rock climber, mountaineer, and he was a person that made me realize that if I watched my health, stayed active, and had some plain old good luck my ďgolden yearsĒ didnít have to be crap. When heíd rock climb he was so good that all the 20 and 30 year old hard bodies would stop whatever they were doing, watch and take mental notes. Charlie died of a stroke at 97, not a bad way to end a life well lived.

Hopefully, now that the ECcís running Iíll be continuing my journeys soon. Iím running out of mild weather months left to visit friends in Illinois and I really donít want to get chased back to Arizona by a winter storm. In addition, on October 8th thereís going to be a celebration of Charlieís life that Iíd really like to attend.

Steve
Old 09-24-2016, 09:00 AM   #5978
cwk

Good morning, all!

Steve, Sorry for your loss. Glad you have some great memories and learned a lot from Charlie. Hope the Clown Car behaves and you can move on soon.

Tim, What can I say? Follow the doctor's orders to the letter and stay out of more trouble. OK, I'm done. How soon is Yuma? Yup, that is a lot of water on that road.

Lynne, Keep enjoying the camping. That's why you have that beautiful rig.

Gordon, I'm a bit jealous about the fresh veggies. We had a "garden" when I was little (under 10) when my parents and I lived on my grandparents' farm. Grandmother had lots of veggies. I remember she had my Dad (volunteer?) prep the garden every spring so she could plant. After 10, my parents built a house on a piece of property subdivided from the farm. Mom had a smaller garden, but I remember flowers more than veggies. (But, it was a loooong time ago.) I do miss picking and eating fresh (raw) peas. And, climbing in the cherry tree for fresh cherries in season was a favorite event. Store-bought just isn't the same.

OK. Enough of the walk down memory lane.

Well, another day with plenty of paying work. The busy season continues.

Everyone, have a great day!

cwk is online now   Reply With Quote