Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-24-2016, 09:44 AM   #5979

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
A late Good Morning Gang,
Coffee was good this morning and so was breakfast, neighbor and I went out for breakfast, then came back and cut grass for a couple hours. We are down to about 4 hours a week to get all the grass that isn't torn up mowed, so I have it easy now.
Tim,
Hope everything went good this morning, and that you will be up and around soon free of infections and all that nasty stuff. That is a good place to hide the strter, out of site and out of the way, NOT!!!!! Engineers, my butt. Hope that your brothers place doesn't get any damage from all that water.
Steve,
All those little OHOH's start adding up and get frustrating sometimes. You just have to shrug your shoulders and say "Oh well". Sorry for the loss of your friend.
Rail,
Glad that Mona is in good hands and is getting her exersize. Have a wonderful time on your trip to Japan.
Charles,
Don't work too hard, I know your boss is quite a slave driver, lol.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-24-2016, 03:52 PM   #5980

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Afternoon,
They came and got me @ 5:30 this morning. Waited till 7ish for the Surgeon. A really nice guy. everything went well, They gave me a nerve block @ the ankle the next thing I woke up and it was over. He gave me a extra shot for good measure, it's just starting too wear off. They started the antibiotics again been going almost all day. Test for kidneys came back with good results.
I can guaranty its not the food that keeps me coming back. I didn't think a chicken could have such a small breast... I guess I'm not here for the food.
Satellite tv at the Hospital and there is a live concert on(Global Citizen) and Cat Stevens is on they say its been 40 years since he has preformed.()
Yep that's where the starter is and the Alt is towards the bottom, $700.00 bucks for a alt to be installed.
Thanks again for the thoughts and prayers, Hoping to go home tomorrow.
My room is right across from the Heliport but haven't seen a chopper come in yet.
Those on the road be safe,
Tim
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160924_164326.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	152.0 KB
ID:	139867  
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 06:49 PM   #5981

Hi All!

Tim, so sorry you are back in the hospital. Can't believe how fast you went from okay to back in the hospital. Get well soon!!!!!

Gordon, your garden must be huge,,,,, tractor bucket loads of veggies!!

Steve great job with the clown car. A lot of work!

My motorcycle ride was great. 612 miles in 2 days, thoroughly enjoyed it. Spent one entire day on the blue ridge parkway.

Last 2 days, me and my tractor have been at the neighbors barn raising. Years ago I built a boom for the loader forks that I use for trusses. These were the biggest I have done, 30' span, 2x6,,,, 31 of them.

Take care all!

L.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160923_093506_resized.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	349.4 KB
ID:	139885  
Old 09-24-2016, 09:20 PM   #5982

Freightliner Owners Club
Tim,
Glad things went well, hope that you heal quickly and that this time you stay away from the hospital, you have had enough of that this year.
Lloyd,
Glad that you had a good trip and enjoyed yourself. Just be careful and practice safe working practices with the setting of those trusses.
Have a great evening all,
Frank
Old 09-25-2016, 04:43 AM   #5983

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Tim, So, glad the surgery went well, now you have to heal up and get to Yuma, Lloyd, nice trip, if the weather holds Eleanor and I run up route 30 thru the Adirondacks the first week in Oct. it's an annual trip that Eleanor used to do alone but now that I'm retired I can go too. Looks like a nice size barn there. Well got a heater on here in the great northeast 35* this am.
Old 09-25-2016, 06:01 AM   #5984

Morning all!

Hi Frank, Hi Terry! All the trusses are up, went well. Building is 30x40 with a 14' ceiling. They have a brand new 28' airstream, lots of room to park it. At the time I welded it up, I had no idea my crane boom would become so usefull. This is the 4th building it has trussed. I was even able to lift the osb flooring into the attic space for them. That stuff is heavy!

69* here this morning, no clouds in sight. Today I need to cut grass, daughter and her husband are coming for dinner this evening. She is up and around her back is healing nicely.

35* Terry! BRRRRRRRR

L.
Old 09-25-2016, 06:56 AM   #5985

Freightliner Owners Club
Good Morning Gang,
Coffee was good this morning. An easy laid back day today. I will start cleaning up and put back together a table saw that was sitting around not working, it had one of the brushes hung up in the holder and wouldn't work. I ordered new brushes and holders, and will make sure everything else is working and ready for the brushes when they arrive.
Terry,
I agree with Lloyd, 35* is way too cold this early in the year.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Old 09-25-2016, 07:05 AM   #5986

Coffee.is great this morning...snickerdoodle flavored....yummy

Tim get well soon...
Lloyd glad your ride went well and you were able to help the neighbors....what size John Deere is that I have a 50horse 5103 just love those tractors....

Terry sounds like you might need to keep warm it's 75 and pretty foggy here this morning in southeast Texas...

Kinda sore today after not being able to do much this past year I pulled the mower deck out from under the mower and put a mulching kit on it and put it back together and I used muscles that I forgot I had....lol. Best thing is to keep using them and work it all out.....guess I will be working on cleaning out my kids old bedroom today when I get motivated...lol

Take care everyone

Mk
mkohler30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 07:54 AM   #5987

Goooodmorning all y’all!!!

It be windy today! Man alive, I hope I don’t end up in Oz! As usual my morning coffee’s great, I love Peet’s Major Dickason Blend coffee beans.

The Evil Clown car’s finally finished, I took it for a test drive yesterday and everything works fine. Now, before I continue my journeys I plan to change the oil/filter in the RV as well as a grease job and drivetrain/universal joint inspection. Before I leave Capitan I’m also giving my Caravan a complete front/rear brake job. I figure I may as well do it now as long as I’m in an RV park where the owner doesn’t mind me working on my machinery. However, in my travels I’ve found that at most RV parks, once they get to know me, they’ll let me do minor maintenance. I always do my part by not making a mess and waylaying their trust in me. It also helps that I almost never stay at RV “resorts”.

I’m really looking forwards to resuming my journeys later this week.

It sounds like all y’all are doing well. I take it that Tim’s still not smoking, though I suppose that’s frowned upon in a hospital. Tim, you need to get well and stay out of those places. Sounds like the various projects and stuff is keeping folks busy. Busy is good, keeps boredom at bay.

Steve

PS I really like the irv2.com forums but man alive, if you have slow internet it's really a tough frustrating website to navigate. Their advertisers really know how to suck up some bandwidth!
Geocritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 08:59 AM   #5988

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone;
Best to you Tim in your recovery. I know you will listen to the Doctor and probably do most of what he/she told you! LOL

Steve - nice to hear the "clown car" is complete and running as supposed to. Always great to have a positive outcome and sometimes more satisfying because of degree of difficulty.

Lloyd - always nice to have a safe ride through areas you enjoy. Something really 'freeing' about the wind in your face and every smell in your nose. Puts a smile on your face.

I have tractor envy looking at the JD pictures. The biggest thing about my tractor is the JD hat our son gave me for Christmas. Love my tractor though.

Had the last wiener roast of the season last night with family and friends. It was getting pretty cool as the evening when on evidenced by the chairs being moved closer to the fire. Grass is covered with frost this morning.

Going to till the garden today and put the tiller away. Time to start the equipment shuffle to make room to store the patio table, chairs and grill. Will not take long to 'winterize'. We have determined that Oct 12 will be our departure day for heading south.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 09-25-2016, 11:12 AM   #5989

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Good afternoon!

Morning is over on the east coast, so Good Afternoon!
I am sitting here at the computer drinking coffee in the afternoon! Florida ingrained, as I haven't gotten my new "used" rv yet I want to hear your stories-tell me where to find them!
Also-what is the best way to tow a 92 harely sportser 880?
HappyWander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 01:15 PM   #5990

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Afternoon here as well.

Just finished tilling the garden. Carried a commuter cup with me so coffee for a couple hours.

IMO there is a number of ways to carry a motorcycle.

- open trailer
- closed trailer
- bike lift
- back of toad.

We carry ours in a closed trailer along with the SUV.

Couple of closed trailers:

- small trailer with ramp
- car trailer to carry toad and bike
- stacker trailer to carry toad, bike and more toys.

Would help to know what capacity your RV has for a hitch.
Old 09-25-2016, 03:50 PM   #5991

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Evening All,

Back from camping and had a great weekend. Nice little CG with a lot of quiet at night, good camp fires both nights and good friends to visit with. Peaceful, relaxing.

Hi Wander, what ya looking for in a rig, a Toy Hauler? or something else. Helps if we know what you want or need and sometimes budget can help. This is a good place to get that kind of help. Welcome to the thread.

Tim, Sorry you are in the hospital again and about the surgery. Prayers out to you and healing wishes. You'll get home soon and man am I impressed with you stopping smoking. That's hard to do but just keep working on it.

Gordon, wish we were heading South with you but next year we will be. Have a safe trip and take it easy.

Popeye, My Nephew Jerome was a fisherman in Texas. One time when we went to visit I asked to go shrimping with him. He thought I wouldn't like it. I had a blast and then we took some of the catch home and yum, that shrimp was incredible. Did it Cajun style. One of my best memories of him.

Steve, I have high speed internet and sometimes while on IRV2 I get it locked up, not working correctly, and almost everyone has problems with it so I think it is the site.

Well, got to get dinner going. You all take care, Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 06:51 PM   #5992

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Evening,
Just sitting here watching PBS.
Well got yelled at this morning by the surgeon. I'm sitting in the chair when he comes in and first thing he say's is You aren't walking on that foot are you? I said yes the nurses said I could go for walks so I did. He said NONONO to the bathroom and back into bed. (CRAP).
SO no walking today, my bottom is getting sore from just sitting. He said depending on how the foot looks in the AM I might be able to go home tomorrow. My arms are getting sore from the IV's (moved 3 times), blood draws and blood sugar checks. They are also giving me shots of heparin to prevent blood clots, I fell like a pin cushion.
Saw a Chopper come in this afternoon it was one from the hospital that my brother was in last August. Pretty neat watching him land it. There was the patient and guy and 4 attendees. They must have a breaking system on the blade it didn't take long to stop it after landing.
Still planning on departure end of month or first week of October. Don't have to be there till the 15th. Might stop in Vegas for a few days.
Thank you for your thoughts and prayers, Much appreciated for sure.
Those on the road be safe.
Thanks,
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote