Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-12-2015, 01:24 PM   #589

Winnebago Owners Club
Sitting inside at the moment. Wind has come up. Gusts to 40 so will be dusty. Ficus trees are loaded with berries so sometimes sounds like rain on the roof.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-12-2015, 01:30 PM   #590
bap

thanks gordan,, i think we have enough now for the family when they come dwn from michigan,,,,i really want to build a vintage campground that way everyone will have there own place instead of bunking up in our houses,,,and it would be cool to have an all vintage set up,,,,,----
but wouldnt suprize me to picck up a few more just to refab and resell the dw loves to fix them up and she is quit gifted with the visions of how an old run down camper will look when we fix it up......

Old 02-12-2015, 02:08 PM   #591

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bap View Post
thanks gordan,, i think we have enough now for the family when they come dwn from michigan,,,,i really want to build a vintage campground that way everyone will have there own place instead of bunking up in our houses,,,and it would be cool to have an all vintage set up,,,,,----
but wouldnt suprize me to picck up a few more just to refab and resell the dw loves to fix them up and she is quit gifted with the visions of how an old run down camper will look when we fix it up......
Hey - saw the pictures.

I have the vision but the product does not look the same!!
Old 02-12-2015, 06:58 PM   #592

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Evening All,

I really appreciate all the info. SO, from what you have all said I think I can narrow it down to this. Side of garage. Put drive off present drive to side of garage in gravel. I think someone would figure that could be taken out easier than cement (if they do not want to use it.

Garage and house are up a hill a bit. So, if we took the yard down (on the side of the garage) a few feet we could easily add 2 to 3 feet in height there. Connect the roof to current one and then need only one side.. Leave open back and front and side. Basically just the cover or roof.

Electric right there and we have a septic system not too far off as well as outside water supply. When we put the house up for sale, someone could easily use this as covered parking beside the garage. Could put in enough size to accommodate both slides.

I do not want to fill another area with more junk and especially not anybody else's. We have a basement full of stuff that both kids have been told must be gone in 2 years or we will gone it for them. They each have their own houses.

Since someone could use this to park a truck, car, or MH RV, I think it would not detract from sale at all. We kind of figure if the house works for us that is most important but also realize that when we sell, it will sell easier if we think about the future.

We'll see when we go outside and do some measuring when it isn't going to freeze our parts off. Man is it cold outside! Thank you all, Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 08:27 AM   #593
bap

sounds like a plan...
and goodmorning everyone,,,,,yes it is cold here also 10deg. today and below zero this is our pattern for the next 10 days..,,,,,,gonna be cold on the atv doin chores but they have gotta be done,,,,,,catch you all latter....
...bap
Old 02-13-2015, 08:34 AM   #594

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning.
New bag of coffee opened this morning. Grinding the beans made the place smell wonderful. Coffee is great when it is that fresh.

Off to the golf course.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 02-13-2015, 08:36 AM   #595

Fleetwood Owners Club
Somewhere I must of missed something, I thought Lynne had put money down on a coach and even put up a new avatar of it, what happened?

Sorry Lynne.
Old 02-13-2015, 09:34 AM   #596

Gulf Streamers Club
Good morning everyone. I have been reading this thread for some time, what could be a better way to start a good morning than by reading this thread. Central Texas here, 40 this am, 70 high, and tomorrow 77 high and sunshine. Tough place to live, but someone has to do it. ☺

I am retired 5 years and DW retires Feb 20th. Probably stay relatively close this year, then travel for 3 or 4 months next year to go to the west coast and around. Will play it by ear because DW has not been able to make any long trips in MH because of her work.

Sitting in MH now, looking out windows to view of sister's 11 acres, then across road to neighbors 20 acre pasture with goats and horses, then ridge line behind that. Faces east to rising sun. Built a 14 wide, 14 tall, 30 long cover next to her 30X30 metal shop. For a 21' class C. Then bought current MH and never parked class C in it. What was way oversize, turned out to be tight. Have since added 3' to each end. And a 9' by 16' deck. 50 amp, water, sewer. My storage place, home away from home, private RV park, visiting bedroom.

I ramble. Just saying hi and enjoy this great morning.,

ronspradley
Life's too short to drink cheap beer.
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 09:45 AM   #597
RVM #74

Tiffin Owners Club
So are ya bringing it down to GC 1.2?
Old 02-13-2015, 11:36 AM   #598

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PushedAround View Post
So are ya bringing it down to GC 1.2?
Wrong thread you mutant!

Good morning Ron or Tex or however you want to be called. If your like me I stumbled on this vintage tread and assumed I qualify as I'm more vintage than my MH. I'm from central Ar and we get a lot of Texans visiting our state so if your looking for a breaking trip come on up. Lots of Great Lakes and parks!
Old 02-13-2015, 08:30 PM   #599

Gulf Streamers Club
DW and I (and the four dogs) visited Arkansas last year. Went to Talequah OK first to see family, then to Flippin. Stayed a couple of nights and looked at some property on White River owned by wife's brother. Then a few nights in Little Rock. We will definitely be back.

And it is Ron. Do not want to use Tex, it would look like bragging.

ronspradley
Life's too short to drink cheap beer.
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 10:29 PM   #600

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronspradley View Post
DW and I (and the four dogs) visited Arkansas last year. Went to Talequah OK first to see family, then to Flippin. Stayed a couple of nights and looked at some property on White River owned by wife's brother. Then a few nights in Little Rock. We will definitely be back.

And it is Ron. Do not want to use Tex, it would look like bragging.

ronspradley
Flippin is a nice area, have a friend that had a little boat shop up there before he retired.
Old 02-14-2015, 12:53 AM   #601

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good morning everyone! Coffee is tasting good today, I found some hazelnut coffee mate last time we went to Chiang Mai, nice little taste of home!
Gordon, when I was back in the states, I has a Cuzinart coffee maker that ground the beans, shot the coffee into the basket, then brewed the coffee! Wow, it was good! Wish I had it over here in Thailand!
H&S, you are going to have to keep up, Lynne canceled her purchase! Just was not ready! You can go back and find her explanation.
Ron, welcome, you will like the good morning gang! I was following your plight with the broken exhaust ear and everything, and I really felt your pain! That was a tough one to take, I bet! Did you ever get it dyno'd?
Bap, man that is cold for where you live!!!
Everyone have a great day!! Rail!
Old 02-14-2015, 06:26 AM   #602

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning All,

I love my days off, not having to run around to get ready for w--k, being able to sit back and drink my coffee and take my time waking up. I think I'm in retirement mode already or it is the cold weather outside this time of year.

Bap, some people like your wife can go into a place and see what it will look like when they are done with it. It is a gift of vision. I did this at my sons house. He is a long haul trucker and he bought an old house with beautiful beat up wood trim and floors. He was planning to pull it all out cause it was so abused. I told him go back to work and let Momma play.

I went over evenings, days off, and weekends and started stripping down the wood and floors. Refinished them and when he got back home 3 months later he decided to keep everything. Next trip I redid the plaster in the two bdrms downstairs and sanded and painted. Added some crown molding and he just said, "Do whatever you want Mom and give me the bill.". He's still working on the rest, redid the bathroom and kitchen, they needed gutted and now the outside and upstairs.

It will look amazing. Every time he came home he just smiled and shook his head. I have plans for that place this summer too.

Otherwise, going to stay inside today. It was supposed to get down to -20 last night but is 17 this AM so no complaints there.

Hope you all have a Happy Valentine's Day Lynne

beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote