Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-27-2016, 05:40 AM   #6007

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Coffee is good this morning. A coll front is trying to move in, it is going to have lows in the upper 60's and highs in the low to mid 80's, isn't that great, lol.
Lloyd,
We are happy for you, enjoy your time as a snowbird, it is GREAT.
Tim,
Glad to hear that you are going home, I agree with the others, you must follow the doctors orders.
Got my grill table back, the neighbor didn't have any aluminum for the table top, so he cut out 11 gauge galvanized steel. So I won't be able to try to engine turn the surface. It will last the rest of my lifetime, that is for sure, it is HEAVY. I have to pick up some stainless screws today to replace the rivets that I removed from the frame, and a little grinding to fine fit it back together, will try to get some pics up.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-27-2016, 05:48 AM   #6008
bap

TIM,TIM,TIM,,, what are we gonna do with you man....I guess we gonna have to hire a watch dog to put on you..----glad your getting to go home but stay off of that foot for awhile my friend and let it heal...

LOYD,, yup RAIL is right I'm a good ways away from there ,,but our septic guy is in that re-enactment,,he lives for that stuff travels all over doing that..

RAIL,, have a great trip to japan,,,cant wait to see those pics...--stay safe..

GORDON,, I sure hope ya get another mess of beans before its to late

STEVE,, I feel your pain with the allergy thing my friend,,,me to ..I don't know how the head can produce so much snot...lol

as far as the tracktors go ,,burned the clutch out of the old john deere clearing the hillside off ..its an old 1976 70hp...never can remember the model number..lol

well wnt in yesterday for my final pre-op,,,still on for the 11th of October,,,-I know a lot of you have had this done and have tried to help ease my mind ,,but buddy I'm dreading it,,scares the water out of me..lol,,,and I dread the down time afterwards also...lol,,...

everyone have a blessed day...

jeff
Old 09-27-2016, 05:58 AM   #6009
bap

yup cold front is here,,,had a line move through yesterday 85 deg before 65 1 hour latter,,this morning it is 43 degrees,,this is our weather changer,,,summer is gone and fall is here...nice..all week low to mid 70s,,great working weather for sure,,,
Old 09-27-2016, 08:00 AM   #6010

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone;
Tim - glad you are home. Don't forget Joe MAY be watching and MAY report any misdeeds. Hate to have to SPEAK STERNLY to you. LOL But we know it is only two weeks. Just think of how much extra energy you will have at the end. DO NOT give in to the smokes. This will probably be the worst time because of the inaction. Read a book, play some computer games, watch some movies. All things a man of action tends to avoid. Stay away from the soaps! I hear they are addicting!!!

If you get the recliners make sure they are long enough for you. I find most are a tad short but sheer comfort if long enough. I like to be able to rest my feet on the bottom bar. Too short if my feet hang over.

Jeff - hang in there. The surgery will help a hundred/thousand fold. Will be a big improvement I guess I am trying to say. We are all praying for you so you have a huge positive going into this. Janet had her hip done and remarks often how much better life has been since. You will have the same result. Having reduced pain will make your and Debbie's lives much more comfortable. I am sure she must hurt seeing you in pain so seeing you with less pain will ease her mind.

I am starting to think there will not be many beans. I cover them each night but it is cool enough that they maturing very slowly. Still hopeful though.

Glad that Lloyd and Debbie will be in Yuma this winter. Janet and I will be between them and Tim and Joe. As Lloyd says the "Meet and Greet" of the west. Lloyd bring your golf clubs and your downhill skis if you golf or downhill ski.

Cool and windy here today. Glad the garden is off and tilled. Now just to move units around and put the summer items away.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 09-28-2016, 04:28 AM   #6011

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Morning,
Currently 55
3 weeks smoke free...
Fresh pot of coffee.
Did a little more repairs to the rear of the PA yesterday. Took off a hour from the couch.
Jeff you'll come out if it so much better. Prayers going your way.
Lloyd your right, it was very fast, like blue one day dead the next, removed the 3rd. He said it can happen that quick that's why I agreed to the removal of the Big Toe I don't want to lose the whole foot.
Man the arthritis is already starting to flair up and its not even below freezing. Must be getting time too head South... 2 weeks. Getting Short
That's all I got,
Those on the road be safe,
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 05:44 AM   #6012

Freightliner Owners Club
Good Morning Gang,
Coffee is good this morning, weather is still good here, although it is a few degrees cooler.
Tim,
Kudos on the 3 weeks, keep it up Bro, we are all very proud of you. Now to keep you off that foot for the 2 weeks.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Old 09-28-2016, 06:02 AM   #6013

Morning all!

65* here, partly cloudy. They say 70% chance of showers.

Plan is to go get the passports filed for today. Got the papers, have to go get the pictures then to the passport office,,,,, which believe it or not is in our little town.

Tim,, glad you are doing well, big congrats on the 3 weeks! Awesome!

I am amazed that they can take a toe off, and just days later your able to put weight on it and not be in pain? Is that normal, or is that part of the problem? Loss of feeling? Over the years I have broken toes, and a bone in one foot, and they hurt like crazy and doctor didn't have to slow me down.

I also got reservations yesterday for the Moab Easter Jeep Safari, there are very few places left but we go one. This is like the "Sturgis" for Jeeps. Many thousands, vendors, displays etc.. We will go from Yuma to Moab,,, but have 7 days to make the drive.

Have a good day all! Tim,,,,, stay off that foot.

L.
Old 09-28-2016, 07:15 AM   #6014

Goooodmorning all y’all!!!

It’s still dark out. However, looking east the horizons brightening up and there’s a crescent moon in the sky. Man alive I’ve been lazy the past few days, I can’t seem to get out of my own way. Late yesterday I removed the oil filter and drained all the “engine break-in oil” from my RV’s mighty 460 V8. I don’t trust the markings on the engine dipstick. This morning I’m going to add 5 quarts and after it sits 15-20 minutes I’ll notch the side of the dipstick with a small jewelers file. Then I’ll add the 6th quart and notch it again, that way I’ll know for sure. After the oil change I’ll check the fluid level in the rear end and grease the universal joints and driveshaft slip joints. Hopefully, by tomorrow I’ll be ready to head north, (take that you snowbirds) LOL!

I like it here in Capitan, it’s been very restful and the locals are pleasant and fun to hang out with. They have a redneck cowboy way that’s easy to be around. At the same time most of these guys are pretty sharp when it comes to their individual professions and life in general. One guy gave me 2lbs of chunked elk meat which I’ve since made into a delicious stew. This afternoon my neighbor and I are going out trail riding on our dirt bikes. His is a KLR650, I only hope my little KLR250 can keep up!

I just realized that I lied to y’all. I did smoke once, it was back in 1986. A guy in our office handed out cigars after his wife had a baby. My secretary came in saw the cigar and said “OMG! You’re not going to smoke that awful thing are you?” Well, after that outburst what else could I do? And yes, she was right, it was awful!

So Tim, it’s been three weeks since you quit smoking, keep up the good work! Tim for your arthritis you might try taking glucosamine sulfate. I’ve been taking it for at least 20 years and have very few problems with arthritis. Before I began taking it in the mid-1990’s I was having occasional arthritis flair-ups in my fingers, hands, and wrists especially during weather changes. For the last 20 years I’ve had almost no arthritis problems (knock on wood).

BTW there’s a chance I may visit Yuma around Thanksgiving. My daughter lives in LA and for the last few years I’ve spent Thanksgiving with her. I typically drive my Caravan to LA from Sierra Vista, via I-10 but I could just as easily take I-8. The only reason I don’t normally go that way is that it puts me on the 405 north to my daughters place in Marina Del Ray. For those who aren’t aware, the 405 is the most miserable excuse for a highway that I’ve ever driven on!

It’s good to hear all y’all seem to be doing well. Jeff, as for your up and coming surgery, just think about how good you’ll feel when it’s done and your back is healed. You have to look at the big picture with these things.

Steve
Geocritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 07:29 AM   #6015
cwk

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Good morning, all!

Just a quick check-in. Real busy here, but loving it.

Tim: 3 things: Good work on staying away from the cancer sticks, Stay out of the hospital, and Follow the Doctor's orders to the letter! I'm done.

Steve, Sounds like you are taking a break after the clown car. BTW, should you run the engine a bit to circulate the oil after you add 5 quarts? Then, let it set for 15-20 minutes (or more) before notching the dipstick? Just wondering if that would make a difference. Anyway, your second notch (after 6 quarts) will let you know if my thoughts make a difference after you run it in the future. Enjoy your bike ride.

Jeff, Thoughts and prayers for your upcoming medical work.

Well, back to work.

Everyone, have a great day!
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 08:37 AM   #6016

Good coffee this morning.....

Was is Houston for a treatment yesterday and now as I type this I am in Austin been a lot of miles in two days...lol....

Tim: I second everything cwk said!!!🤔

Jeff: the wife had a lot of problems with her equilibrium...clumsy is what she called always falling down....then her hands started hurting and tingling the Dr thought it was carpel tunnel....but it ended up being a herniated disc in her neck c4....got it fixed and now she doesn't fall down anymore and her hands don't bother her either...just follow the docs and when they release you you will be amazed at how much better it is..

Steve: glad you got the clown car all wrapped up...sounds like you have a good grasp on all the mechanicals hope the brake job goes good too.....enjoy your ride this afternoon.

Rail: pictures pictures pictures...lol...you can tell we want to see what you see...lol

Lynne: how much longer till retirement? I have 17 months depending on what the wife does she is talking about promoting to a job in Austin and if she does then we will pull the 5er over here and live in it I will stay in Huntsville and get the house and place sold....until I retire in February of 18...then we will start our search for a bigger 5er and stay in it here till she retires and then hit the road....but I told her she only has three years after any promotion she may get then we're gone or at least I am....lol....I am ready to travel.

Lloyd: I'm am going to look into Moab when I get done with this post sounds like a blast hope you enjoy it..
.one day soon we hope to get to Yuma as well...

That's about all from the piney woods/hill country/bayous of Texas.....too much traveling in the past few days...

BTW...really enjoying the cool front this morning it was 64 here....nice really nice..

Be good and enjoy yourselves...

Mk
mkohler30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 08:51 AM   #6017

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning,

It's cool here this morning at 49 but not too bad. Of course coffee makes it a bit warmer and tastes good.

Bap, you will be so much better after the surgery. Just need to follow the doctors orders afterwards for however long he says to make sure it has time to heal correctly.

MK, I have under a year just barely or over depending on how you look at it. Last date is officially December 31, 2017. Need my right knee replaced and have been putting it off because I don't want to go back to work after having it done. Plan is to have surgery in middle September 2017 and then recover during the time between then and final day.

What I don't know for sure yet is do I have to go back for a few days or a week or not. Need to check on that yet. Doctor says I will be off 4 to 6 months due to time standing and lifting patients. Of course the decision made on November 8th could change this possibly. Sure worried about that. I will be 65 February 2018.

Will finish up research today into CG's for August 2017. Need to get this done. Lot's of stuff going on here and then I went camping and didn't get last contact made.

Hope everyone else is having a good time and staying safe. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 08:56 AM   #6018

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Really cool here this morning. I should say cold as there is visible frost on the grass. Picked most of the beans yesterday afternoon to put in a chicken stew for dinner. Still hopeful for a few more as I covered the bushes but it is more hope than practicality.

Steve - Yuma is great and if you are around you should stay at Rivers Edge. Not sure what is happening for Thanksgiving but likely we will be having a patio pot luck. Site 145 will put you right beside Tim and Joe. Always a great dinner with more food than can be consumed. Be good to have you there during your stop.

Tim - keep up the stubbornness with the smoking. You are at the point where food is starting to taste better so that should be incentive to 'stay the course'.

Have a great day.
Old 09-28-2016, 09:53 AM   #6019

Hey Lynn not to rub it in but I will only be 50 in Feb of 18....but only one male in my family has lived past the age of 60 and that's my dad's younger brother...he's now 68....my dad would have lived past 60 but was killed in a car wreck by an idiot....so my thinking is enjoy my retirement as long as I can....if it's 10 15 years or longer.....thought about a part time job after retirement depending on the wife's plans...just something to keep me busy...always wanted to be a dish washer at Denny's....lol...such little responsibility.....lol

Mk
mkohler30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 03:04 AM   #6020

Freightliner Owners Club
Good Morning Gang,
Coffee is good this morning, sleep is not, woke up early and couldn't get back to sleep, so here I am. Work continues at the park, they seem to be making good progress. The guy that is working on the welcome center is making good progress on the outside. If it rains, he will move inside to work in there.
Have a great day all,
Frank