Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-30-2016, 08:48 PM   #6035

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Evening I need a coffee b right back, thank heavens for a Microwave.
Yum tastes good.
Gordon I emailed them this morning and got no response, we are going to be late. I don't get my stiches out until the 10th and we have to be there on the 15th. That's 500 miles per day (9 hours) for 4 days. That's pushing it even for me Speedeegonzalas. O that's right I'm in the PA.....
I hope to hear from them by Monday at the latest.
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-30-2016, 09:03 PM   #6036

Winnebago Owners Club
Tim - if you do not hear from them I would call them. If that does not work let me know and I will tell them when I get there. We will not be there before the 15 though.
Old 09-30-2016, 09:23 PM   #6037

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
That's a little over 2 weeks...
SHORT 14 days and a wakeie wakeie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-01-2016, 01:35 AM   #6038

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good morning, everyone! Coffee was very good today!
RetireGuitar ,, Glad you joined us! Jump in any time!! "btw, does 1996 40' American Eagle qualify as vintage?"
You bet it does!!

Well, I am getting "Short", we leave tomorrow, driving down to Chon Buri, then flying out of BKK on Tuesday for Tokyo, Japan!
I will post pic's when I have the WiFi! I have left all the planning to the DW, the only thing I requested was a ride on one of the bullet trains!
Should be fun!
Somehow the print size has changed on my post, and this is as close as I can get to the orig.?? Oh, well!! A little bigger is ok?
Tim, Yuma will be there when you get there!! No worries! And great job on the smoking thing! Now to just stay off that foot, till it heals up!! and,
NO!!
Steve, you could change the sprocket's on your DS, so you can cruse on the highway's a little faster, or, change the gears in the transmission to do the same! I'm sure the 250 has plenty of power, and is light enough for the off-roading! I road a buddys 650 Honda DS, and that thing was wicked fast, but in my opinion, to heavy for off-roading! Well the type that I used to do anyway!
Gordon, getting excited is a good thing! Have a safe trip!
Everyone have a great day! Rail!

Old 10-01-2016, 05:42 AM   #6039

Good Morning!'

Our first dip in the 50's,,,,, 56* this morning.

Yesterday Deb and I went Kayaking, a small lake in a state park about 15 miles from the house. We were the only ones there for over 2 hours. Saw lots of turtles, a heron, a crane, and in one area we saw lots of beaver sign, tree's down and the tell tale beaver markings. One beaver came up behind us and slapped his or her tail on the water,,, but we missed it as we were both looking the other way. It was fun to use the Kayaks, can not recall last time we had them out.

New owners at Rivers Edge? Good or bad thing? I must say when I called and reserved they asked if I had a preference on my site,,, and I was looking up the site number and mentioned Janet and Gordon and they immediately knew who you are.

Going to grand daughters college soccer game today. Home game about 30 miles from the house. We plan to put some miles on the Goldwing while doing that.

Have a great day all!

L.
Old 10-01-2016, 06:18 AM   #6040

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
morning,
currently 57,
Coffee is great,
Rail sounds like a blast. Those trains are fast, how long is your trip on one? I always thought how cool the Orient Express would be, but a bullet train surpasses that idea. Enjoy your trip.
Took the 64 to the N St. Paul car show for what we thought was the last one for the season and guess what NO CAR SHOW, "disappointed". Man I wanted a smoke so bad on the way home I really had a hard time resisting. But I did it. I quit my pain meds a few months ago and that was a piece of cake compared to the smokes.
We were going to go too the Flea Market this morning but decided that's too much walking. Maybe next week they have them thru the end of October.
Got 1 side completely waxed on the PA yesterday took me almost the whole afternoon to do it, but got her done. Added alittle more filler to the rear of the PA too.
That's about it from here,
Those on the road be safe.
Tim
Old 10-01-2016, 06:46 AM   #6041

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Coffee is good this morning, weather is beautiful.
Rail,
Have a great time in Japan. Safe journeys my friend.
Tim,
Keep off that foot until it heals, so you don't need to go back in the hospital. I agree with Gordon on if they don't answer your email, you need to call the campground. You sre also correct that trying to make 500 miles a day for 4 days straight is rough to do.
Lloyd,
Glad that you and Deb had a good time kayaking. Do you have hard sides or inflatable? We are hoping to get out in a couple weeks.
Next week we go to Orlando to pick up daughter, SIL and grandson at the airport for a week of fun around Disney World and vicinity. She has it all planned out, so i hve no idea what she has planned, I know we are going to do a medeival dinner on Sunday and one night is trick r treat with grandson as one of the ghost busters (we will have on ghost buster t-shirts on). I am sure we will be exhausted by the end of the week, but will have a blast.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 07:00 AM   #6042

Goooodmorning all y’all!!!

It’s a nice cool morning, as usual my coffee’s excellent. Today I’m heading out of Capitan for northeast Illinois with stopovers in Carbondale and Normal Illinois. Yesterday I loaded my motorcycle into the back of the Caravan, checked out all the running gear so that all that’s left today is to drain the black water tank, pack up the hoses and I’m on my way. It’s interesting, I’ll change the oil and air filter in my 11 year old Caravan, hop in and take a two month +12,000 mile Alaska road trip and not think a thing about it. But taking what’ll end up being a 3,500 mile RV trip, by the time I return to Sierra Vista, gets me all stressed over potential mechanical troubles.

Rail I’ve checked into resprocketing my KLR250. It currently puts out 23hp, earlier models put out 28hp. In 1990 they changed the cams dropping the horsepower. I’ve tried to buy earlier camshafts but they’re not making them anymore. What happens to my bike is that at about 70mph (on a flat surface at near sea level) I’ll be cranking about 7,000rpm and I run out of torque long before the engines 9,500rpm redline is reached. I can actually go a little faster in 5th gear than I can in 6th gear but I don’t like running at those high rpms. Hell, I don’t like cruising at 7,000rpm. What I’d hoped a horsepower increase would do is allow me to resprocket the bike so I could cruise 70mph at less than 6,000rpm. I’m currently researching options but probably a bike with a minimum 400cc engine is the way to go (heavy sigh).

Tim, man alive! So you drive 500 miles a day to get to Yuma. Aribba! Aribba! Andala! I’ve driven my RV a few 500 mile days, but not because I wanted to. I usually stop for the night at freeway rest stops and sometimes there just aren’t any so I keep driving until I find one.

It’s getting to be time to do the final packing so I can be underway in my 6-wheeled rolling earthquake. I hope all y’all are doing well and enjoying life.

Steve
Geocritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 07:36 AM   #6043

Freightliner Owners Club
Steve,
Safe journey, have a wonderful trip.
Frank
Old 10-01-2016, 09:44 AM   #6044

Thanks all for the warm welcomes! I’ll probably read more than post while I get the lay of the irv2 land. I see the Fleetwood and Spartan forums might also be good places to frequent for some of the great ACA info folks have contributed?

Pardon if this is the wrong place but I’ve been around RV’s most of my life and have owned/operated a few different rigs.

My 1st class A was an old Discoverer by White Trucks running a Dodge driveline. Cool old rig, sold it off many years ago.

Also owned 25’ TT and 19’ Coachman Class B camper van. Gotta admit I really like the small size and convenience of those camper vans.

But recently dad passed his ’96 40’ Eagle on Spartan chassis to me for my soon to be retirement years. It’s in pretty good shape. Sitting for a while so ‘needs batteries, maybe some tires and comprehensive servicing?

It had a new radiator, hydro fan and exhaust manifold replaced right before it was parked. Around 110k miles but should be pretty close to road worthy with some elbow grease and a few trips to shake things down/out.

Roll on….
RetireGuitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 09:56 AM   #6045

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone;
Going to be an inside day. Raining and predicted to last most of the day. May have to make a second pot of coffee.

Lloyd - the new ownership is the family divvying up the assets. The kids are more progressive than Dad was according to the manager. Will have to see. Lots of room to interpret when you hear paving. Could be anything from applying an emulsion to the surface to actually laying a couple inches of asphalt. Been a number of years of "painting" the surface black. Will see when we get there.

Coach is about loaded. Just have to put in the food and we will be good to go. Once we get the stacker out I will load the bikes.

Safe travels Steve.

Have a great day.
Old 10-01-2016, 12:09 PM   #6046

Freightliner Owners Club
Gordon,
Hope that the new owners don't take away the appeal of the park and just do some upgrading.
RetireGuitar,
Tires are a big issue, if they have been on there for a few years just sitting and not moving, I would highly recommend that you have new ones put on. It is not worth the chance of a blowout and the damage that it can do to the coach. Another big thing from sitting around is to clean all the ground connections that are on the outside (or underneath)of the chassis, a little corrosion here can cause you nightmares in intermittent problems, other than that and just checking to make sure all the systems are operational, sounds like you have a good coach to enjoy your retirement in.
Frank
Old 10-01-2016, 12:30 PM   #6047

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Afternoon,

W--ked this AM and no coffee either. Just didn't feel like it. Been cutting down on sugar, caffeine, pop (this is my cocaine) bread, candy, and just trying to eat better and get in better shape. Why does everything that is so bad for you taste so good?

Raining this AM on the way in and now it is kinda of cloudy sunny outside. Trees are changing and it is cooling down. I do NOT like what is coming. Some winter soon though I will not be worrying about this stuff, I will be south with the rest of you lucky enough to be there.

Only three months left in 2016. It finally seems to be going by faster for me. Didn't think that was going to happen.

TIM, STAY OFF THAT FOOT! Do we sound like a bunch of bossy Nellie's? Just concerned about you. Want to see you make it out to Arizona and I want to make it out there with all of you in winter of 2018/2019.

You all have a good day. Got some flyers and forms to make out for the club. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 01:13 PM   #6048

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franka548 View Post
Gordon,
Hope that the new owners don't take away the appeal of the park and just do some upgrading.
RetireGuitar,
Tires are a big issue, if they have been on there for a few years just sitting and not moving, I would highly recommend that you have new ones put on. It is not worth the chance of a blowout and the damage that it can do to the coach. Another big thing from sitting around is to clean all the ground connections that are on the outside (or underneath)of the chassis, a little corrosion here can cause you nightmares in intermittent problems, other than that and just checking to make sure all the systems are operational, sounds like you have a good coach to enjoy your retirement in.
Frank
Hey Frank;
The main appeal for us in the park is the trees. We get about 2/3 of the coach under the canopy. Moderates the temperature so it is quite nice.

They could use some work on the road (paving) and some work on the wash rooms (old but clean) and possibly a cover for the pool. They built a fitness room and replaced the pool tables and poker tables. All good things if you use them.