Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-01-2016, 07:10 PM   #6049

Hi All!

Safe travels Rail,,,, don't forget pictures!

The shady tree's sound nice Gordon. BTW, I sent them emails asking about site availability and never got a response. I don't think they check them. I got them via the phone.

Frank, our Kayak's are 6-7 years old, they are plastic of some sort, hard sided. Not white water but lake, or lazy river Kayak's.

Retireguitar,,,, I agree. Have a couple of pretty ugly stories that have been first hand experienced with tires. Unfortunatly the RV makers make little to no effort to build RV's that can with stand a tire failure. If everytime a car had a tire blowout it did a few thousand dollars in damage,,,,,,, it would be in the news everywhere.

Headed off on my Dualsport bike in the morning. Well, trucking it to the mountains and riding a loop of dirt roads.

L.

Lloyd in S.C. is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-02-2016, 01:37 AM   #6050

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
On our way down to Chon Buri, we stopped at the caravan park! Here are a few pic's!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1475390162466.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	115.2 KB
ID:	140437   Click image for larger version

Name:	1475390183559.jpg
Size:	102.2 KB
ID:	140438  

Name:	1475390199384.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	140439   Click image for larger version

Name:	1475390214342.jpg
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	140440  

Name:	1475390228442.jpg
Size:	114.5 KB
ID:	140441   Click image for larger version

Name:	1475390248506.jpg
Size:	116.0 KB
ID:	140442  

Name:	1475390263953.jpg
Size:	104.1 KB
ID:	140443  

Old 10-02-2016, 05:07 AM   #6051

Rail that is so cool......love the styling!!!!!

All I can say is awesome...

Mk
Old 10-02-2016, 05:29 AM   #6052

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Coffee is good this morning. Kitty was being bad this morning, she attacked my leg about 5 this morning and woke me up(of course I couldn't get back to sleep). Then she curled up by Rita's feet and went back to sleep.
Got the brushes and holders for the table saw yesterday, so after breakfast, I will finish that up and we will have a second table saw for the wood shop.
Lloyd,
You will need to find a place in the trailer for the Kayaks, we have an inflatable one, for storage reasons, hoping that we can out when we get back from Orlando.
Gordon,
Hope that they leave the trees for you, we are experiencing a complete remodel of our park. They are making great progress, looks like they are going to be pouring concrete the end of next week, 20x60 pads will make it nice, they took out a bunch of trees, more for safety reasons than anything, they weren't in very good shape.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 06:34 AM   #6053

Goooodmorning all yall!!!

Its 6am and Im sitting in a rest area off I-40 just east of Amarillo enjoying my morning coffee and cereal after spending a good night sleeping here. Thankfully, Im a sound sleeper, especially after a long day.

Yesterday went well. I got a bit of a late start, by about an hour. Id been in Capitan for two months and was more settled than Id expected to be! My first stop was Roswell where I had lunch with my sons father-in-law and we compared notes on our kids. It seems his daughter is as uncommunicative as my son. My kids and I get along very well but my boys just not a communicator, my daughter notices it too.

My second stop was Bovina TX where I had caught up with needed safety inspections on both my RV and my motorcycle (Id had the Caravan inspected a month ago when I visited the Silent Wings Museum in Lubbock TX). I gassed up in Friona TX and found Id been getting 9.06mpg! I almost feel like framing my gas receipt and putting it up on the wall.

Anyhow, even though I only did maybe 300 miles it was a good day with no problems. Unfortunately, negative event memories of various shakedowns from my + 6,000 mile 2014 Grand Western North American Tour and Shakedown Journey still infest my thoughts. However, they do serve to keep me alert for impending disasters. Im usually good at detecting problems early on so hopefully that skill will continue keep me out of significant trouble. The thing is, my RV is currently about 1000% better than when I did my +6,0000 mile tour and it should be just fine (knock on wood!).

BTW, I found out where our beef comes from. Driving Route 60 I passed more stockyards between Clovis NM and Amarillo then Ive ever seen (and smelled) in my life up to this point. Well, time to prep the rolling earthquake for todays travels. Head em up, move em out! Rawhide!

Steve
Old 10-02-2016, 06:41 AM   #6054

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Have a safe and enjoyable day Steve.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 07:57 AM   #6055

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Tim, I sent you two PM's, Rail!
Old 10-02-2016, 08:03 AM   #6056

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Steve, you are traveling along my old Trucking route! Loved that run! X-2 on the "smell of money" as my old buddy, Funky, used to say about the Texas aroma! Have a safe trip! Rail!
Old 10-02-2016, 08:52 AM   #6057

Gulf Streamers Club
Morning all. Coffee/cocoa good this morning. Weather here seems to have finally decided that summer is over. Lows in the 60's and highs mid 80's. That is what passes for cool here. Yesterday got to visit with my son and family. Three granddaughters, the oldest 3 1/2 and twins 1 1/5. Not biased of course, but they are cuties. Still fixin small cosmetic things at house here in Round Rock in preparation for selling. And getting repairs lined up for house in Taylor that I will be moving to. And hope today to get receiver hitch installed in new-to-me 2006 Honda CRV. Base plate is already in and have wiring for towing installed. Getting there, then will have two choices when towing behind motor home. Well, beautiful morning here, need to get with it. To those on the road, be safe.

ronspradley
Life's too short to drink cheap beer.
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 11:30 AM   #6058

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Morning,
currently 72, That's the ticket,
Rail got them and responded. Thanks
Put on the final coat on the repairs too the PA and will get it sanded today since we have no Football games.
Still no smokes

Took the 64 to the last car show this season in Hastings Mn. lots of cars and lots of spectators. MIL & SIL went too. Met up with a few friends from the Caddie car club that we haven't seen in awhile. Had fun. I guess 1 more week of getting too drive her for this year.

Got 1/2 of MH waxed yesterday the rear 1/2 waxed and the other side 3/4 waxed. The front I'm going to try and repaint some of it and have the other parts waxed. I still am in AHH about using so many different products and then come across a old reliable can of a Paste wax that did everything the others didn't do.

Then there's the professional buffer I use, except I tried the foam pads but they don't get into all the nooks and crantties that the Lambs wool does so a lot of changing of pads.
Well that's about it, Breakfest is almost ready, Bacon and Pancakes,
Still no word from Yuma,
Those on the road be safe,
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 09:38 PM   #6059

Hi All!

Rail, great pics! Enjoy your trip.

Steve, we just went through there back in August,,,, headed the other direction. Did you play some George Strait?

Frank,,,,, I think I am going to need a stacker like Gordon to carry all these toys,,,,, then maybe a bigger coach to tow it!!!!! We bought these Kayak's long before we did this. One option is a roof rack on the enclosed trailer.

Did my dualsport ride today, had a great time. Great weather, the roads were fun. It has been about 4 months, forgot how much fun this is.

L.
Old 10-02-2016, 11:02 PM   #6060
bap

hey gang,,

great to see everyone is well,,--Ive been super busy doing my fall/end of summer farm chores/lawn work done still building the tiny house and doing the Louisville runs,,starting to look forward to having my surgery next week to get some rest,,,lol

RAIL,, enjoyed those pix,,i just kept checking them out over and over,,,thanx

LOYD,,,i remember when I use to ride,,,always loved the fall rides,,something about the cool crisp air ...

STEVE safe travels my friend....nothen like the smell of a south wind bull...lol

sorry if I missed anyone,,,its late and my eyes are crossing,,,,hitten the sack...
catch ya,s in the morning..

jeff
Old 10-03-2016, 06:07 AM   #6061

Goooodmorning all y’all!!!

I awakened about a half hour ago to the 18 wheeler adjacent to me pulling out. I'm not complaining, after all I’d slept straight though for over 8 hours. I must’ve been tired! For my morning coffee I’ve been using my little single serve Melitta coffee maker, it makes GREAT coffee! Only one cup at a time L. I also make instant hot oatmeal, substituting powdered coffee creamer for milk on my cereal. It works well and I don’t have to carry cold milk with me for my morning coffee and cereal. BTW if I get the taste for a more splendiferous breakfast, such as an omelet, pancakes, crepes, or eggs benedict I’ll have it for lunch and make it my main meal of the day. It’s one way I keep my chronic *donelops disease at bay (LOL).

Yesterday was uneventful, nothing but I-40 (yawn!). Oklahoma City was more sprawled out than I remember but Sunday traffic was light so it was fine. So far no problems with my RV or tow dolly (knock on wood!). Yesterday I did about 400 miles and I’d like to do another 350-400 today, that way I’ll arrive in Carbondale around noon on Tuesday.

Time for my pre-travel RV inspection and walk-around. Those tire-minders I bought 3 years ago have sure been a nice safety feature, especially for keeping track of the inner tires on my rear dually’s. To all y’all out on the road, safe travels!

Steve

*also known as “dicky-do disease” but that’s another story which the moderators may not appreciate.
Old 10-03-2016, 06:49 AM   #6062

Morning all!

67* here, cloudy but bright sky.

Apparently I am not in good enough shape to ride a 320 lb dualsport bike 124 miles through the mountains. I am sore today! Rigamortise set in while I slept!

BAP, that is my favorite as well. Even in the summer early morning rides are so nice. Yesterday it was about 56* when I started the ride, with a jacket and all it was nice. I wear a lot of gear, armoured jacket and pants, full helmet etc... it can get hot.

Frank, you watching the hurricane Matthew? Looks like a big one.

Today I need to clean-up my mess from yesterdays ride. Bike, clothes etc need a good cleaning. Then focus on getting the coach ready for our trip to Kentucky and the battle re-enactment Thursday morning. I have a bunch of little things to do.

Have a great day all!

L.