Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-04-2016, 02:06 PM   #6077

Winnebago Owners Club
Steve;
I would pull the trailer close to a building - lee side if possible. I would then block the wheels and add a bunch of weight inside. IMO that would be lots to keep the trailer from any issues.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-04-2016, 07:31 PM   #6078

I think I have mentioned my friend who fulltimes in his coach,,,, and stays here in the fall and spring as he snowbirds back and forth to Florida before....

Anyway he is on his way here now. The govenor ordered a mandatory evacuation of Myrtle Beach,,,, where he was and he left tonight to beat tomorrows absolutely madness that is forsure to come!

Hope you guys in Florida are watching this thing!

L.
Old 10-04-2016, 07:56 PM   #6079

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
^^^^ Sounds scary,
Button down the hatch's,
Prayers going your way,
Steve did you have to buy a new tire? Yep still smoke free
Hang in there Jeff,
Rail, I bet your glad you don't have Monia, Great pictures,
Thanks,
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 05:17 AM   #6080
bap

goodmorning my friends,,,

LOYD,FRANK,CHARLES,GORDAN,,,,PRAYERS sent for all of you in the path of Mathew,,looks like it,s gonna be a doozy of a storm...

TIM,,im sure proud of you buddy,,,stay with it my friend----its gotta be getting eaiser now ..

TERRY,,,thanks my friend,,,

STAN,,great pics,,,wow what a crossing stamped,,,looks like a hoard of walkers...lol

and GOD BLESS each of you...--everyone of you are very special to me...what a tribe we have become ....

jeffro..
Old 10-05-2016, 05:26 AM   #6081

Morning!

67* here, fast moving clouds above,,,, but dead clam here on the ground.

Not sure if my friend arrived as planned, his GPS said 1am. I opened the gate for him to site #1 and went to bed. His plan was to drive in, shut the engine off and hit the bed. Can't see the site from here at the house.

Rail, Japan looks nice. Always wanted to visit there,, and tour the Honda Motorcycle plant. Also tour their heritage museum,,,,, lots a Honda read in there!

Jeff, surgery will be fine. I had a huge one 7 years ago, and it all is what you make of it. Positive attitude, follow the docs plan, then set your mind to recovery!

Tim!!!! Awesome job on the no cigs!! How is the foot? I keep reading about you being up and around doing things, does that help with the circulation? I think I know the problem is pour circulation? Get well soon!

Frank,,,,, I assume your riding out the storm there in the park. And will probably be happy they took some of the trees down before this storm is done?

L.
Old 10-05-2016, 05:46 AM   #6082

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Thanks for the thoughts guys, we should be ok other than some tropical storm winds. Charles is the one that needs to batten down the hatches and is going to be hit pretty hard. Tomorrow will be the tell day for us, then Friday the storm is going to be up around Jacksonville. Saturday the Daughter and family are flying down to Orlando to go to Legoland and Sea World ETC. so I hope that the storm is far enough north.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 05:48 AM   #6083

Wow, I just read that South Carolina is reversing lanes on I26 from Charleston to Columbia,,,, that's nearly 100 miles of interstate highway. All lanes will be west bound to facilitate the evacuation.

This is a massive thing going on.

L.
Old 10-05-2016, 05:55 AM   #6084

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good morning all, Just watched the morning news and weather, Tim's correct batten the hatches for sure. Stay safe down there. Tim great job on staying off the smokes , keep it up. Steve, I'm with Gordon with keeping the trailer close to a building on the lee side. The sun just came out, even thro it's 43*, we gotta get with it.
Old 10-05-2016, 05:56 AM   #6085

Goooodmorning all y’all!!!

I arrived in Carbondale around noon yesterday with no additional tire events and the engine continuing to run great. After I set up my RV for my weeks stay here I chilled the rest of the day, as I’m prone to do after a long journey.

Today I’m doing an area windshield tour to see how my old alma mater’s changed since I was last here in 1998 attending my daughter’s graduation. From the short drive I took yesterday to purchase groceries it appears to have changed quite a bit. I’m also going to chase down a new tire to replace my RV’s blown out tire. Unfortunately, I have to keep the old tire so that I can get some compensation from Les Schwab Tires when I get back out west.

Sorry to hear that some of you are having to flee the storm. In 2008 my late wife and I fled Houston for our daughter’s house in Austin when hurricane Ike visited Houston. We’d ridden out hurricane Alicia in the 1980’s and learned that spending days with no AC and temps/humidity in the 90’s was not fun.

It’s getting light out. I’m in a beautifully shaded older campground along Crab Orchard Lake and am expecting a nice stay here. No changing of the leaves yet, hopefully when I arrive in Yorkville IL next week I’ll see some fall colors.

Steve
Geocritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 07:54 AM   #6086

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good evening everyone!
We went to a very nice old park today with a lot of historic Temples and museums today! And I found Godzilla, he is alive and well! Rail!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1475675550143.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	140775   Click image for larger version

Name:	1475675570319.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	140776  

Name:	1475675605359.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	140777   Click image for larger version

Name:	1475675638909.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	140778  

Name:	1475675656139.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	140779  
Old 10-05-2016, 07:55 AM   #6087

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone;
BAP - thanks for the good thoughts. Janet and I live well out of any potential hurricanes. Our issue right now is the cool weather. Today is the big move to get the trailer tires balanced. This entails moving a bunch of equipment to its winter locations. Not an onerous task but time consuming.

The storm is sounding ominous. Praying for a track that sends it to the middle of the Atlantic. Look after yourselves. Trailers, etc are replaceable.

Steve - glad the spare held up for you.

Off to start the parking lot dance.

Have a great day.
Old 10-05-2016, 08:22 AM   #6088
cwk

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Good morning, all!

Thanks for the prayers regarding the arriving storm.

Frank is on the left coast. Unless the storm makes a major left turn, he will be spared from the nasty stuff. We are just north of Jacksonville. The storm track brings Matthew just east of us as a predicted Cat 3 on Friday.

The current forecast for our location (inland about 6.5 miles from the Atlantic) has 60-80 MPH sustained winds with some gusts. Predicted rain is 3-5 inches. We have really sandy soil here, so drainage is pretty good except for one spot in the middle of the dirt driveway. But, we don't plan on heading out during the storm anyway.

I am now thinking of leaving the cargo trailer connected to the Grand Cherokee and parking it along side of the back of the ranch house. It will not be the lee side (can't get to that) but it will be facing into the oncoming winds. I figure if I can drive it down the highway at 70 MPH in this configuration, this would be about the same thing. My RV trailer is parked parallel to the taller new metal building and will be on the lee side. I will take out some things that I don't want damaged in case it tips or shakes, but I don't expect a problem with that rig. I should shut off shore power to it though.

Well, we will watch and see. DW is a school teacher and we will probably learn later today if/when schools will be closed. I am predicting definitely Friday, but maybe Thursday as well so folks could prepare???

This is one of those times that I wish we were both retired and had already bought our future Class A. We would have left the area yesterday with out a worry about where we were going to eat, sleep, and live. Well, even if we were not retired, we could still bug out for a little bit.

Bap, Continued prayers for surgery.

Steve, Sounds like you are having a good trip. Enjoy!

Tim, Stay the course! We are watching you!

Gordon, I take it your dentist was not happy with the fact that you visited Mexico for dental work because he lost some business? But, he said the work was good quality?

Rail, I see that Godzilla is "well" but I am not so certain about "alive." He looks a tad undernourished.

Well, got to get some work done. Storm preps are on the list.

Everyone, have a great day!

PS: Wow! CAPTCHA is really playing games with me today. This is about the 5th time I am trying to post. Lucky that I learned to copy before posting.
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 09:02 AM   #6089

We're still getting a low color count on the leaves , maybe up to 20% now but it still looks good !

Kind of far off on the hurricane's track up here but I'm planning to park the rig where no trees will be able to reach it !!!!!

Tim
Keep up the good work on both problems .

Steve
You did some good damage control on that trip. Enjoy the new location......

Rail
Too bad there's nothing interesting to look at there , try to not get too bored !

Everybody in the storm path ,,,,, don't dig a hole and stick your head in ....it will fill up with water ! (I know ,Duhhhhhh!)
Old 10-05-2016, 05:18 PM   #6090

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Evening All,

Another beautiful day here in MI at 72 and sunny / cloudy depending on where the clouds were blowing. Went for a color ride but should have waited 2 or 3 weeks since there wasn't much.

While out driving found a nice little unknown CG not more than 20 minutes from home. Lot's of gravel pits here that have been turned into CGs and this one is way off the main roads and nice and quiet. They are still harvesting gravel from it but on the other side of a vey nice lake. Will be staying here next year.

Jeff, good luck with surgery, it really will be much better when it is done. When the pain is gone it is a huge relief.

My brother and SIL live in Jacksonville, NC. He got hotel reservations up a ways just in case. He said the car is gassed up, clothes packed and then they just hop in and head out. He's been through this before.

Got eyes checked today, ordered new glasses and sun glasses. Yikes, there goes a bundle!

Those of you who have not voted on the location for "Good Morning Meet & Greet" please do so or send me your E-mail if you are new and not aware of the vote. Those who do not know, find the thread "Good Morning Meet & Greet" to find out what we are up to.

Got a weapons training program this weekend geared toward women. It's a great program. Most have never held one and we have over 30 signed up for it. This is my 2nd one and I really like working them.

It's raining now and hopefully will get the dust off the car. You all have a great evening and take care of each other.

Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote