Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-05-2016, 06:38 PM   #6091

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwk View Post
Gordon, I take it your dentist was not happy with the fact that you visited Mexico for dental work because he lost some business? But, he said the work was good quality?
Exactly - I think the Mexican brothers we go to are better equipped than the dentist here. They are leading edge and I really like them.

The older brother told me a joke.

"Fellow goes to a convention and decides he will go a day or two early and have a bit of a vacation.

First night he goes to a bar and is sitting enjoying a drink or two. He notices an attractive lady sitting down the bar and decides he will go talk to her. They enjoy each others company and decide that it would be appropriate to spend an intimate night together.

The next morning the lady says to the man 'I bet I can tell you what you do'.

'Go ahead' says the man.

She says; 'You are a dentist. In fact you are a Master Dentist'

'How could you tell?' he asks.

'Well' she said 'We were intimate 3 times last night and I didn't feel a thing.'
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-05-2016, 07:16 PM   #6092

Go stand in the corner Gordon
Old 10-06-2016, 01:28 AM   #6093

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Yea Corner Gordon.
Called down south today and No problem she says so that was good. Going to be there around the 20th.
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 01:55 AM   #6094
cwk

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Yup, it's the middle of the night. While checking local weather and news around 11:00 PM last night I learned that our area of the county is under mandatory evacuation courtesy of Hurricane Matthew.

So, we got a few hours sleep and are up early and plan to get on the road before traffic gets heavy. My current plan is to head westerly (get away from the east coast), then sort of head north (once safely inland away from the storm's projected path) toward the kids' place. Probably about a 600 mile run one-way (normally 450 but that takes us up I-95 with all of the other traffic).

Taking the mobile hotspot with us, so hopefully will be able to check in periodically. Also planning to use DW's ipad to monitor traffic. Should be interesting.

Going to be a looooooong day!
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 04:43 AM   #6095

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning, Charles, good luck be safe.
Old 10-06-2016, 04:58 AM   #6096

In 2008 when we evacuated from Houston to Austin to avoid Hurricane Ike we took the old Route 90 which paralleled I-10. I-10 was jammed with bumper to bumper traffic whereas Route 90 was almost traffic free and a nice leisurely drive.

Steve
Geocritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 05:54 AM   #6097

Good morning coffee is good....

I remember Ike all too well...my ex wife is director of dispatch and communication for the entire county here and her husband is a volunteer fireman so me and my wife took their two kids and my two kids to Waco to her parents...we went hwy 30 to 39 and up 39 to 164 and in to Waco....30 was packed but 39 was devoid of traffic...always good to know the back ways...

Hope everyone gets out of the path of this storm and makes it through it with very little loss or damage but he is a big one...

Jeff prayers sent for your surgery hope it all comes out ok...I know it will..

Mk
mkohler30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 06:17 AM   #6098

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Charles, be safe my friend, hope that you get to the kids house without too much traffic. We should be good, with just normal rain and wind around 30 to 40 MPH late tonight and into tomorrow morning. As long as Matthew doesn't hang a hard left, we should be ok, will be ready for higher winds just in case.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 07:53 AM   #6099
bap

prayers with you CHARLES that you make it safely to your kids place and not any damage to your place..
Old 10-06-2016, 07:54 AM   #6100

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Well, we went to Mt. Fuji today, took a tram/cable car ride up to a nice lookout, was pretty spectacular! Then a nice ride around the lake, and walked around a very nice garden!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1475761853299.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	140899   Click image for larger version

Name:	1475761876975.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	132.1 KB
ID:	140900  

Name:	1475761917338.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	114.4 KB
ID:	140901   Click image for larger version

Name:	1475761952295.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	131.9 KB
ID:	140902  

Name:	1475761982505.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	140903   Click image for larger version

Name:	1475762018246.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	134.7 KB
ID:	140904  

Name:	1475762049415.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	140905  
Old 10-06-2016, 08:51 AM   #6101

Awesome views rail....almost like we are there with you...lol

Mk
Old 10-06-2016, 09:03 AM   #6102

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone; (from the corner as requested. good thing we do not have a Cardinal house as his designs do not have corners! LOL)

Safe travel Charles. This is just a really good reason to visit family.

-5 C here this morning. Few things left to do around the yard. Putting the grill, patio table, umbrella, etc away and then pretty much done. Not going out for a few hours until it gets a bit warmer. Predicted high is 5 C or about 40 F.

The parking lot shuffle went OK yesterday. I looked at the situation and said to myself "Self - you should be able to get the trailer out without moving the coach."

Wisely decided it was beyond my pay grade and asked Janet to spot. The trailer came within a half inch of touching the mirrors. Optical illusion with the trailer. The polished sides made it appear the trailer was heading straight for the coach. All is well.

Had the trailer tires balanced. One tire took 9 oz of weight. Shop owner said the tires are extremely heavy. Glad that is done.

Tim - good on RE. I have had good luck with the office but always call. I think all of the email goes through the manager and I am not sure he is always on top of the game. Still a bargain IMO. Looking forward to see how the "paving" turned out.

Great pictures Rail. Curious about the bell you and Jira are standing by?

Everyone have a grand day.
Old 10-06-2016, 05:59 PM   #6103
cwk

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Just checking in...

DW & I left home about 5:30 AM headed NW to get away from the coastline and potential I-95 traffic. Then headed north, then finally NE to North Carolina. Very little traffic until Charlotte. We arrived safe and sound a little after 4. So, a 7 hour ride took about 10+. But, my fear was that we might get stuck in evacuation traffic on I-95 and have the storm catch up with us.

Now we wait. The weather reports do not look good at all for the upper coast of FL. Hurricane Matthew is back up to a Cat 4. All we can do is watch, pray, and wait. The storm should be past our area by mid-day Saturday. But, we have no idea when we will be allowed back after the mandatory evacuation. We, of course, will not know how much damage and power outages occurred until after Emergency Management teams get back in the area on Saturday. So, we will be waiting some more.

I do thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers. My livelihood is on the line and I am just trying to stay positive and calm. But, we are both safe where we are and that is good.

Frank, Please be careful. The reports say that your side of the peninsula will take a bit of a beating as well. Hopefully this storm will decide to make a RIGHT turn and head out to sea. That would help both of us.

We will keep in touch...
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 08:20 PM   #6104

We are all praying for the best outcome for all those affected by this hurricane.....I know it's hard not knowing but you are at least safely away from it. I had to work during Rita which hit 30miles from here and had to work through Ike which came straight up I45 one block from where I was at work man talk about @#$##@$$#.....at least your not there... everything else can be replaced but you and your loved ones can't.......hang tough we are all here for y'all affected by Mathew...just let us know what we can do to help

Mk