Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-07-2016, 05:43 AM   #6105

Goooodmorning all y’all!!!

I’ve been on a sentimental journey the last few days visiting friends I haven’t seen in 18-20 years. It’s been pleasant and hard at the same time. Pleasant, in that it’s nice catching up with people I know and enjoy while at the same time it's hard viewing the effects of the later stage aging process. Reminds me of that joke about the two guys sitting in a bar and one says to the other “Look at those two olde pharts over there.” and his friend says “That’s a mirror you idiot!” One friend in particular was always one of these forever young kind of guys who never seemed to age. During the last 20 years it finally caught up with him, big time! I didn’t even recognize my old friend (and he didn’t recognize me either).

Today I’m visiting the tiny southern Illinois town of Buncombe. A lady friend my age, who’s a published poet and writer, based much of her poetry and writing on her experiences growing up in a poor farming family in Buncombe. Things such as her mother going out in the front yard, grabbing a chicken, and wringing its neck in preparation for a chicken dinner (no hormones in them chickens!). I simply have to see the area to correlate actuality with what my imagination had put together reading her writing.

One thing that’s been fun is riding my motorcycle. There are wonderful winding roads through beautiful hilly hardwood forests that make for spectacular motorcycle riding. I’ve been loving it!

I’m sorry to hear some of you have been having to flee the storm. From my own past hurricane experiences living in Texas I have to say that fleeing the storm can be a smart thing to do. It’s not much fun after the storm living in high heat/humidity with no power, YIIICK!

Steve
Geocritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-07-2016, 06:05 AM   #6106

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkohler30 View Post
We are all praying for the best outcome for all those affected by this hurricane.....I know it's hard not knowing but you are at least safely away from it. I had to work during Rita which hit 30miles from here and had to work through Ike which came straight up I45 one block from where I was at work man talk about @#$##@$$#.....at least your not there... everything else can be replaced but you and your loved ones can't.......hang tough we are all here for y'all affected by Mathew...just let us know what we can do to help

Mk
Thanks MK I couldn't have said it any better.
Prayers from here coming your way too.
Stay safe,

Jeff its getting close, I get my stiches out on the 10th and you get yours on the 11th. Prayers to you and your surgeons. You'll come out so much better off. Its been over 20 years since mine was done and I'm still pain/trouble free. Now if I could get my foot that way I would be a happy camper.

Yep still smoke free, but I'll tell ya I could sure go for one or 2.

frank ,
stay safe I'm watching, prayers to you and family.

rail,
great Pictures You look like your having a grand time.

Lloyd,
I've had a few ultra-sounds on my foot and they say I have great circulation and a great pulse in my foot. So I ask why am I having problems then, and to that I get no answer, Except Diabetes and smoking. I just don't get it, and why me no one in my family has diabetes.
I had 20 years perfect attendance when I was working, Maybe I should go back..." NOT Going to happen" I like this retirement thing too much.
That's about it from here

Gordon,
Do you have hub-caps on the stacker? I noticed on the PA if I don't get them centered there are vibrations. Wish I could afford some chrome rims.
We are going to visit a few old neighbor's nest week (one is in her mid 90ties and the other is in her upper 80ties) Known them my whole life. Then we are going too hit the road, we now have till the 20th to get there.
Well that's about it from here,
Those on the road be safe,
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 06:23 AM   #6107

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Coffee is good this morning, had raisin bread toast this morning. It rained all night, but not hard, just a nice gentle rain, but with wind gusts to about 30 MPH, we are having a steady 15 to 20 MPH breeze right now with an occasional gust, so we are in good shape. Thanks to all that are sending the good thoughts and prayers. The people on the east coast are the ones that need the prayers, they are getting hit pretty hard.\
stay safe all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 07:32 AM   #6108

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good evening everyone!
Had another great day! We went to Seaside Park, and did alot of walking, siteseeing, and took a ride on the fastest train that still runs on the steel tracks! Man, it hauls! Very nice, comfortable! Bought as fast as I want to go, on land! Also rode on another comuter train, that went fast enough to scare me! With everyone packed on it like sardines! Here are a few pic's! And, Gordon, the ringing of the bell is for good luck and love!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1475846937341.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	140999   Click image for larger version

Name:	1475846962065.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	105.9 KB
ID:	141000  

Name:	1475847016034.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	141001   Click image for larger version

Name:	1475847047005.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	113.1 KB
ID:	141002  

Name:	1475847110117.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	111.0 KB
ID:	141003  
Old 10-07-2016, 09:01 AM   #6109

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning All;
See the hurricane has stayed off shore. Hope it continues to do so and moves farther out to sea.

Stacker has aluminum wheels with ST tires. Will likely change to LT (all service) when these are done.

Another frosty morning. Good day to be sitting out on the back deck with a beer. About 25F so would not have to slam it back before it gets warm, no mosquitos either! Last of outside work is about done. Will do a bit of watering on the cedar trees just planted and then drain the last garden hose. Few things left to go into the coach and then ready to rock and ROLL south.

We are having Thanksgiving with family on Monday. Advantage Canadian snowbird. We get to celebrate two Thanksgivings each year! Cannot have too much turkey IMO. Did I mention pumpkin pie as well? With whipped cream, ice cream or bare naked pumpkin pie is great.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Old 10-07-2016, 09:26 AM   #6110
bap

gooodmorning my friends,,,

TIM,,,LOL,,,yup mine goes in yours come out,,,---and again congrats on the smoke free thing,,,,---if you would go for 1or 2,,that would turn into packs instead of cigs,,,DONT DO IT,,,IT,S A TRAP...lol

were having wonderful fall weather here,,,mid to upper 70,s,,zero humidty..

DEBBIE,, just yeld at me to go...were heading to Louisville
jeff
Old 10-07-2016, 11:54 AM   #6111

Winnebago Owners Club
Apparently there is a competition for the most posts on the Total Rebuild thread. I just posted on Total Rebuild so will post here to keep my loyalties neutral. LOL
Old 10-07-2016, 04:11 PM   #6112

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Goodmorning everyone! Coffee is out of a can! I have not made it down to the lobby yet!
Everyone have a great day! Rail!
Old 10-07-2016, 04:25 PM   #6113

Winnebago Owners Club
New post to boost the thread count.

We are getting the first flurries of the 2016/17 winter season. Seriously thinking about leaving early but hate to miss Thanksgiving 1. Time to start the fireplace.
Old 10-07-2016, 10:11 PM   #6114

Freightliner Owners Club
Gordon, you are funny.
Hope that the Daughter's flight goes off tomorrow morning, right now it is still scheduled, she is coming down with the family from Ohio. We are leaving around 8 in the morning to go pick them up in Orlando, it is supposed to be an hour and a half drive, but we are leaving 2 and a half hours so we can get there with plenty of time, their flight is due in around 10:30. Orlando has a cell phone lot, so we will just park there and read while we are waiting. Will catch you all in the morning before we leave while I have my coffee.
Frank
Old 10-07-2016, 10:17 PM   #6115

I took mom to a local orchard to get some apples and cider and see some colored leaves.....almost 80* Went to a state park wednesday ,75*. Got a cool video of the waves crashing on the rocks all around me. Sorry can't get it to upload!

WTH usually 50 this time of year.
(I should delete that so I don't jinx myself) It WAS in the 30s one night last week....

Tim
:n onono: The trick is not to think about it.Not even a little bit !

Gordon
Put your hands over your eyes and stomp your feet, it will make the snow disappear and warm up those tootsies!

Those in the path......

I know a guy in the Keys that says almost nothing happened there , guess everybody must be totally confused by that !
And the Haitians never can get a break......
Hope it doesn't trash too much before it dies out.
Old 10-08-2016, 03:49 AM   #6116

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning,

The temps here yesterday were in the humid 70's but it felt much warmer. This AM it is 47. Not much color on the trees but the early ones that always change first are red and yellow. It is beautiful when the leaves change but don't like what comes after.

Coffee was good. Woke up at 3 AM and not been able to get back to sleep. Have the WOT program today at the club and hopefully not dragging. Expecting 30 some new people.

Jeff, good luck with the surgery. It is going to be so much better. When you have been hurting for so long and the pain is gone it almost seems unreal but a good unreal.

Popeye, glad you get to spend time with your Mom. It's very important. Do you have siblings who help with her? I had siblings who helped with our Mother and nieces and my kids and it was great! When we took care of Jerry's Mom his sister came out from Arizona and helped.

Tim, Man, I am impressed. Very few people can stop cold turkey and you are doing great! Keep it up. The circulation problem may have been in specific areas and once it was there it got worse due to the diabetes and smoking. The cardiac patients we see who have Stents and PTCA and CABG who quit smoking do great and those who do not stop do not. I know surgeons who will not operate on people who will not stop. Hopefully this is the end of surgeries for you, you have retirement fun to do.

Got to get going. Everyone keep safe and those in the hurricane's path try to keep out of it. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 04:47 AM   #6117

Freightliner Owners Club
Good Morning Gang,
Coffee is good this morning, weather is GREAT, clear skys, in the low 70's with about a 5MPH breeze. Daughters flight shows it is running on time, they are supposed to leave at 8am. Looking forward to spending time with Grandson.
Bap,
Thoughts and prayers go out to you for speedy and complete painfree recovery from your upcoming surgery.
Got to run and finish loading up the car, have a great day all,
Frank
Old 10-08-2016, 08:29 AM   #6118
bap

goodmorning my friends,,,

sorry I had to jump off so quick yesterday,,,,,was in a huge rush...lol

thanks everyone for the prayers and well wishes,,,---it means more to me than I can say...GOD BLESS each of you..!!

catch ya latter ..
jeff...

ohhh didn't know of the completion,....going over to rebuild thread to post another post..,,,,,,dont wanna play favorites,,,,lol