Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-08-2016, 08:43 AM   #6119

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone;
More snow happening as I write. Hands over eyes, arms flapping, feet stomping but nothing is happening. That's OK as we need the moisture. It will be great for all of the cedar trees we planted. Feet are warm because of socks. Prediction is for another day and then some moderation. Should be fine for departure.

Safe trip Frank and Rita. Always fun to be with grand children. Somehow they revitalize us while at the same time tuckering us out.

Always fun to go out with our parents to see life through their eyes. Great to be able to add to their lives. You are a lucky man Popeye.

According to the news Matthew is expected to head out to sea. Sad about the loss of life and damage. Hope Charles does not have any damage to his new shop.

Tim - Popeye is correct. Think about something else. Not long to departure.

I will be thinking about all of you sweltering in warm temperatures while I am out shoveling the parking area and the back deck. I have to tell you I have mixed emotions. Loaded the downhill skis, boots and poles in the stacker yesterday. OMG!

Everyone have a grand day.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-08-2016, 09:03 AM   #6120

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
^^^^ no skis on board, Haven't down hilled for 50 years Geeze 50 years... Thanks for the reminder Gordon back too the corner.
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 10:12 AM   #6121

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by spritz View Post
^^^^ no skis on board, Haven't down hilled for 50 years Geeze 50 years... Thanks for the reminder Gordon back too the corner.
Tim
Just saw a post from BAP on the Total Rebuild thread. Looks like he will be joining me in the "time out" corner. I am bringing donuts. Anyone else want to coffee/hang out with us.
Old 10-08-2016, 10:24 AM   #6122

WOW ! not only did iRV2 just lose my post it crashed my browser too!
AAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH !
Somewhere there is a coder that needs to walk a PLANK !
Old 10-08-2016, 10:32 AM   #6123

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvpopeye View Post
WOW ! not only did iRV2 just lose my post it crashed my browser too!
AAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH !
Somewhere there is a coder that needs to walk a PLANK !
Join BAP and myself in the corner. We will drink coffee, eat donuts and talk about plank walking.

Having some of the same types of issues. Getting video driver stopped warnings. Adding all of the advertising with motion as well as the emoticons has to have some side effects.
Old 10-08-2016, 02:16 PM   #6124

Well the total rebuild thread and good morning thread are in a battle now aren't they??

Mk
mkohler30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 03:37 PM   #6125

Who , me in the corner???? I don't even drink coffee,,,,,, hey , when did you smuggle that into the corner ?????? And donuts too ! NOW you're gonna have to put on the pointy hat..........
Now , if we can find that coder you could spend some time with him in the corner , the one next to the anchor !
Tell 'im to get rid of the capcha "security" and make 'im give back all our disappearing posts too !
And get the message across that we are NOT robots !
Old 10-08-2016, 06:28 PM   #6126

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Evening,

COMPETITION! Say what? Had a great day with the WOT program today. 29 ladies showed up and had a great time and ate a great meal.

Gordon, you need to stay out of that corner. Popeye might be tempted to join you and that's no place for a pirate to be.

Night all, Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 06:47 PM   #6127

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Evening Gang,
Nice trip to Orlando this morning, light traffic, beautiful weather. Stopped at a little diner and had breakfast before getting to the airport. Daughters flight was held up at the gate for about 20 minutes due to overcrowded runways before they took off, but everything else went great, they had a good flight and we spent the afternoon at the pool here at the resort. SIL and I went grocery shopping after the pool and we had a nice spaghetti dinner that my daughter made(our rooms have a full kitchen). Bathroom is almost as big as my 5er, 2 person Jacuzzi tub, separate 2 person shower, double bowl vanity plus lavatory room. Tomorrow we go to Legoland in the morning, then Mideivel dinner show in the evening.
Have a wonderful evening all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 07:02 PM   #6128
cwk

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Just checking in...

Hurricane Matthew followed us up here. And, we are about a 5 hour drive from the NC coast! We have had steady rains and wind all day, but nothing hard and nasty. But, they have been advising about possible flash flooding since the rain has been so constant. No damage around here.

Mandatory evacuation back home has been lifted.

Reports from the next door neighbor (he's a cop and could not leave) is that a) we have power, b) minor damage to our property.

Pictures of our place from one of Beverly's friends show a tree down in the back yard (only hit a fence), and some branches on my little cargo trailer (lately have been using it to store the lawn tractor and garden tools). New building and TT look to be fine. I parked the Jeep and the big trailer just behind the house to shield it as best as I could and positioned it away from any potential tree damage. That looks fine. So, my income stream appears to be secure. We just lost a few days of production.

I am still concerned about sopping wet ground and the winds. We do have sandy soil, but still want to be careful. I need to watch where I park the vehicles around those big oak trees. Some of them were leaning quite strongly before the storm.

So, Sunday AM the two of us will head back. Most likely will need to take a great circle type route as parts of I-95 (the shortest path) appear to be blocked. And, if they do open, they probably will be clogged with lots of returning traffic. We are discovering what so many RV'ers are saying about taking the local highways: the scenery is much nicer than the Interstate system. I am just considering this a practice run for f/t'ing.

Did have a nice time with the kids (son and DIL) and the GD. Got to take her to a local children's museum/play place. Of course that only lasted about 1.5 hours and she was tired, ready for lunch and a nap. But, it was a nice diversion from the rain here. The "kids" got the day off and did some other things while the older and younger generation played.

Frank, Glad your area made it ok. Have a good time on your "vacation."

Tim, Keep at it. Anytime an evil thought comes into your mind, REPLACE it with something positive. Call it a diversion, a distraction, whatever. Move onto something else and keep going strong.

Competition between two threads??? So, how many are going to be sitting in that corner pretty soon? We many need to really watch you guys.

Two Thanksgivings! Some folks have all the luck.

OK. Will check in again sometime after our loooong driving day tomorrow. I will feel better when I get to assess any damage myself, but, except for the 11 year-old little trailer, things look ok.

For the trip: I know: half-tank rule on the fuel, plenty of food and drinks on-board, cell-phones, mobile hotspot, and laptops for weather and road intelligence, and a route plan that avoids the major roads along the east coast until the last section of the trip. Actually, the last section does not include any Interstates at all.

Everyone, be safe.
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 07:02 PM   #6129

Gordon

"Having some of the same types of issues. Getting video driver stopped warnings. Adding all of the advertising with motion as well as the emoticons has to have some side effects."

I have very limited bandwidth and it's always a joy when a site decides to use it up so they can monetize
Old 10-08-2016, 07:13 PM   #6130

Evening all!

Having a great time at the re enactment. This thing is big. Must be 2,000 participants,,,, and a 2-3 times that in spectators. The battle todat was very interesting. Tomorrow it continues.

Got to run,,,, be good you all!

L.
Old 10-08-2016, 08:09 PM   #6131

Good to see all our crew made out ok in the storm.

Gordon is in the corner for that great errrrrr I mean really bad joke.
Anyone wanting to join him will have to come up with another joke first.
well , now I have to go post on Terry's thread.......................
Old 10-09-2016, 05:39 AM   #6132

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good evening everyone! Somemore pic's from Tokyo today, we woke up to rain, so planned the Skytree Tower ( the tallest tower in the world) first, so, just a little walking with the umbrella this morning! Then we were off to a Temple, and finished off with the Grand Palace!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1476012839244.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	141117   Click image for larger version

Name:	1476012891158.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	141118  

Click image for larger version

Name:	1476013015993.jpg