Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-09-2016, 06:23 AM   #6133
bap

goodmorninng gang,,

CHARLES,,,happy to hear all looks well at your home base,,have a safe trip back..

RAIL,, again my friend,,awesome pics,,,

GORDAN,,, you naughty boy you....lol

FRANK,, glad your having such a great time,,

LOYD,, those shows are a lot of fun ,,,makes you want to be apart of the next one doesn't it...

well gotta get ready to take sis back to Louisville today,,,had a great time with her yesterday,,,,,took her up in the hills offroading in the sxs,,,...I kept thinking what it would be like doing the things we done blind,,,,she is totally blind and loves any kind of adventure......that's my girl...lol

have a blessed day my friends...

jeff
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-09-2016, 06:25 AM   #6134

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Morning,
Currently 42 degrees brrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
Coffee is good and Hot.
32 days smoke free.
Rail,
Great Pic's " BUT" I could never go up in a bldg. that height Yikes scary just looking at the pic. Glad your having a great time and thanks for sharing the pictures.
Lloyd,
Sounds like your also enjoying your trip. No Pic's??
Frank, and cwk
sounds like a nice time with the kid's.
Gordon,
got our new gravity chairs. Joe fits perfect but my legs are too long but still comfy. How's the corner and don't eat to many Donuts.
rvpopeye,
You must be the only one that don't drink coffee how do you do it?
I heard this weekend I'll be a Great Uncle again, Nephew and his wife are expecting there 2nd child in December. To bad my sister isn't here to see her Granddaughter and the next one.
I took the 64 for maybe the last road trip yesterday. Needed the heat on with the top down. It was well worth it. Went over to a buddy's house too see his New to him 2014 Benz 550,man is it sweet.
Took the MH out too get propane and took a few pictures of the fall colors.
Getting Short, hoping this week will be departure time, I'm ready. Although it's only in the 40ties my arthritis is really starting to kick in.
I get my stiches out tomorrow afternoon and am hoping to get the okay from the Doc to head south. Then by the End of the week we'll be out of here. Really looking forwards too the Road trip.
That's about it from her.
Those on the road be safe,
Tim
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20161008_142010.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	167.8 KB
ID:	141123   Click image for larger version

Name:	20161007_161439.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	324.2 KB
ID:	141124  

spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 06:34 AM   #6135

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Charles,
Glad that you have minimal damage at your place, have a safe trip back today.
Rail,
Nice pics, looks like you and Jira are having a blast.
Tim,
Good luck tomorrow at the doctors, hope that you get the clean bill of health and that you can head down to the land of sunshine and warmth.
Well off to Legoland, catch you all later,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 06:35 AM   #6136

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
PS,

Any one used or heard anything about that site Called "Shop4seats.com" they advertise here on irv2. I am seeing some new furniture for the 82 PA.
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 08:10 AM   #6137

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone (from the corner. Where BAP, MK and I are enjoying a leisurely coffee and chat);

I might add that we are upgrading our seating to really comfy chairs, a stereo playing relaxing music and a vaporizer with some aroma therapy stuff. There is a rocking chair to share and a nice sofa for two to curl up on. Now look up, look WAY up and we can call Rusty. Hi Jerome.

Right at freezing here. Heavy snow warning south of us. Looks like we will be selective on our departure and may decide to wait. Watching the forecasts and road reports with interest. Not particularly interested in trying out the traction in adverse conditions.

Have a safe trip home Charles. Hope you find less damage than you anticipate when you return. Does sound like you will be OK from the reports.

Lynne - sounds like you are having a great time. Had me going there for a minute. WOT is short for "Wide Open Throttle". It appears that WOT is WOT and you are enjoying it immensely!!
Best to you BAP. Praying for the surgeon to have steady hands and an angel sitting on his shoulder guiding them. Going to be a big improvement.

Frank - hope you and Rita are not tuckered out - yet. Grand children are such bundles of energy and thankfully are able to energize us just by being with them.

Tim - it is looking like you might be in Yuma before us. Drive safe. See you and Joe there.

Popeye - no coffee - no worries. OJ or cranberry juice on tap. Perhaps apple juice or grape?

Have a great day everyone.

Signed
Corner Clatch Crew
Old 10-09-2016, 09:22 AM   #6138

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Morning All,

Gordon, WOT is Women On Target. They are a NRA female based unit. Introducing females to self defense and doing it safely. A woman cannot compete with the muscular strength of a male so has to learn differently to protect herself. We are getting a lot of college girls and women who have lost their husbands and are now alone. I love this program. They had a great time yesterday.

Sunny today, coffee was good, and am looking forward to a beautiful day. Frost on the ground this am, guess it's coming. Need to winterize the rig. Hoped to get out one more time so holding off a bit but not sure.

Watching Secretariet, one of my favorite movies. Had to have amazing to be there for that race.

Hope all are doing well. Still waiting on some votes for the CG choice. If no more by Wednesday I will send out the winner. Those having surgery (Bap) keep safe and prayers with you, those traveling, prayers with you too. Have a great Sunday!

Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 11:39 AM   #6139

Gulf Streamers Club
Hello all. Coffee/cocoa was good this morning. Hoping all are well or getting there. Glad to hear the hurricane did little damage to the group. Lynne, thanks for letting us know what WOT stands for. I was thinking Women Of Terror. I mean, your handle is BEAMISL Be a missle. You know, FOCUS. Looks like maybe I was not that far off.

Visiting my mom and motor home this weekend. Sister took off a couple of days and went to coast to visit with girlfriends from high school. They do that every year or so. Yesterday was her birthday so a good way to celebrate. I am doing a little maintenance on MH, hope to make a short trip later this year. Most of my time is taken getting Round Rock house ready to sell and getting Taylor house ready to move in to. I am getting pretty old to be doing this stuff. Later all, stay safe.

ronspradley
ronspradley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 01:15 PM   #6140

Gordon
Gee you get sent to the corner and you turn it into some kind of lounge! Are you sure you're not related to Terry ? Or is he visiting after he finishes his project of the day ??
Your snow today is probably my snow tomorrow (or next week)
I"M NOT READYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Rail
I was wondering if those fast trains were electric?

Ron
Interesting observation of Lynne's user name , I'd never seen that before !

Lynne
WOT is also the name of a browser add on that I like , it's called World Of Trust
It is as a small icon that appears in different colors (Green ,Yellow , Red , just like a street light) to let you know how the site you are going to is rated by others that have been there , it also appears in a web search rating the results before you go there (and it also turns grey for a site that isn't yet rated) There is a way to add your rating of a site too.
I find it very useful!!!!

Tim
No coffee is easy I just never let myself get addicted to it.
And speaking of that , a whole month !
Me thinks you're gonna kick that monkey!!!!!

bap
Don't forget to use a marker to remind the docs which bones to fix , they might fuse the bones in your......NEVER MIND !

Frank
Legoland ! I never had Lego blocks but a friend's 3yo grandson decided
that I had to help him one day and it was fun !
(Every time I put some blocks on our project he would take them off and put them where they were "supposed " to be !
Post count results:
There is no result and we're all winners.......
The "contest" between the threads was never really a contest at all but seems to have turned into one of sorts........I actually meant it as a comment on how chatty we all are ,,,,,who ever would have thought this thread would have ever been able to catch up with the rebuild #s !
The small group sure has grown ! I'm glad I'm a part of it !

That other weather thing ---update.
OR popeye's weird science.......

Very happy all of our group has escaped with minimal problems.
And very sad for those that didn't................

The outer bands are raining down on me today ,,,, guess they were wrong , again! It was supposed to be sunny here . (I just looked at the radar and wind chart and the center of rotation seems to have moved away from the NC coast but the rain is still hugging the coast all the way up to the Canadian Gaspe Peninsula.) Everybody still getting rain keep your heads down , your nose will fill up with water if you don't !

I wonder if one of those hurricane hunter P3s could drive a "stake" into it and finish it off.(I guess if they could , they would have BEFORE it got started !)

Charles
I can picture you now , scratching your head and wondering if I'm crazy,,,
I am not ! My mother had me tested.................
My mind just operates on a different frequency than most people's
(High Cs , skuh kuh ku kuh kuh )
Old 10-09-2016, 02:07 PM   #6141

Goooodafternoon all y’all!!!

I’ve been enjoying my old alma mater. I always liked southern Illinois and the Carbondale area but Gail, being a lifelong suburban Chicago girl, really disliked it here so we never stayed in the area like several of my friends did.
This morning I had breakfast at the beautiful Giant City SP Lodge, built in the 1930’s by the CCC. After lunch I went for a hike and actually remembered to bring my good camera this time. I had a really great morning.

Come Tuesday or Wednesday I’m planning on continuing my travels to Chicagoland. The good news is, a friend may have found a dog for me, and it’s right on the way to Chicago! It’s a small 45lb two year old golden that’s been field trained. The woman who owns it is into field trials and the dog is too small to be competitive against the normal sized goldens when it comes to crashing through tall grass and heavy cover. As for me, I could care less about such attributes. In fact, the small size is a giant plus for me.

Jeff, I’ll bet you’re excited about getting your back fixed and pain free. I know I would be.

All y’all in hurricane country, it’s good to hear there were no injuries from the cyclonic event. Mother Nature helping us egotistical humans realize who’s actually in charge.

Tim, keep up the good work with the non-smoking. I may have a clue as to why smokers have a harder time with diabetes. One of the things you’re getting in cigarette smoke is carbon monoxide. Possibly not enough to significantly affect someone who’s otherwise healthy but possibly someone like yourself with diabetes might develop problems from that added CO in their system. Just a random thought and possibly yet another reason to not smoke.

Lynne, it’s nice to hear about WOT. I always wondered why so many woman are anti-firearm when a gun is such an efficient equalizer and male libido queller, why wouldn’t every woman want one?

Steve
Geocritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 02:10 PM   #6142

Freightliner Owners Club
Good Afternoon Gang,
Well survived Legoland, actually we had a very good time. It is really neat to see the various figures that are life size and made out of legos. One vampire hearse had 280,000 pieces and took 2400 man-hours to build. They call the people that put these together Master Builders and believe me, they are. Getting ready to go to the Medievel theater for dinner and show, it should be fun.
To all, the amount of posts from here and the Total rebuild sites just goes to show how good of friends that we have become through the wonders of this site. Having met a few of you in person, I am happy to call each and every one of you as my friend and am looking forward to personally meeting the rest of you.
Frank
Old 10-09-2016, 02:14 PM   #6143

Winnebago Owners Club
Steve;
The dog find sounds "Golden". Hope the pairing works out for you. Pictures please if it does.

Frank is right. It has been easy to make friends via this media, on this forum and particularly on these two threads.
Old 10-09-2016, 11:47 PM   #6144

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Goodafternoon everyone!
Relaxing while the girls shop, at a nice coffee shop!
Steve, I have a lot of fond memories of the CG's down there, ( southern IL.), hope the golden works out fine. Great dogs!
Gordon and Popeye in the corner lounge! Hahahaha!
Jeff, best to you for the surgery!
Tim, 1 month!!!! Good for you! Have a safe trip to Yuma!!
Well got to go, everyone, have a great day! Rail!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1476078389029.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	111.8 KB
ID:	141200  
Old 10-10-2016, 04:27 AM   #6145

Freightliner Owners Club
Good Morning Gang,
Weather finally hit fall, going to be high 70's today with a low in the mid to upper 60's. Going to be a couple days to adjust to the cooler temps, might even have to wear pants vs shorts.
Bap,
Thoughts and prayers for your surgery my friend. Speedy and complete painfree recovery for you.
Rail,
Nice pics, we are heading to Hollywood Studios at Disney World this morning, GS is going to have Jedi training, should be fun.
Steve,
Sounds like a perfect match for you, should make you a good companion.

We had a great time at the Mideivel show last night. Beautiful horses, good acting and delicious food.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Old 10-10-2016, 05:46 AM   #6146

Coffee is good this morning....

Had an interesting and fun weekend. We had our 30th high school reunion and it was great to see all my old classmates again....most of them anyways..

Then on Sunday we went to my daughter's in Copperas Cove to see the SIL that just returned from his deployment in South Korea....man that grandson is a cutie....guess I will have to post a picture....cause if there isn't a pic it didn't happen right?....well this one is from July in New Orleans...that was a fun trip...

Rail just relax and enjoy that coffee shop...

Steve sounds like memory lane has been busy enjoy the nostalgic feelings I know I do...

Tim....woohoo over a month now smoke free you got it whooped now hard part is behind ya.....

Jeff let us know how your doing after the surgery we're all pulling for ya

Well gotta go got Getto work

Mk
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1476099664980.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	141201  
mkohler30 is offline   Reply With Quote