Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-11-2016, 07:27 AM   #6161

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Prayers go out to Bap.
Frank

Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-11-2016, 08:00 AM   #6162

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning,

God's blessings to you and Debbie today Jeff. I think you are going to feel so much better that you will be surprised.

Well, it's time to winterize the rig. It's been too frosty several mornings and not interested in damaging any plumbing in the rig. Next summer will come soon enough.

Frank, I am getting FB postings on Bell Parc and they sure are moving on the construction. Should be very nice when they get done. I look forward to coming there some day. Seems to be a lot of nice things around there to go see. They posted a page on trails this morning and I definitely have to bring my bike to try those out.

Those heading out to warmer climes travel safe and easy. Being retired you have the time. Enjoy the views out your window.

The programs my club have to introduce people to self defense are very enriching for the volunteers. We meet some fascinating people and some of the stories as to why they are needing self defense are often disturbing. Not wanting to be a victim again is a very strong inducer to protect yourself. We will help anyone with the need.

We are about to bring a Chapter to the club called TWAW. Look that one up. They are very interested in teaching safety and self defense. Trainer's are finding that females cannot be taught the same as men because they can not defend the same as men. When you attacker out weights you by 50 to 100 pounds you can not physically compete with them. Since violent attacks against females is up 500 % in some areas it is time to up our game. We will be doing that with TWAW.

Tally Ho, I love it. I often say "Toodles" and no one knows what the heck I mean. It's far nicer than some words.

Well, got things to do. You all have a wonderful day and keep safe.

Lynne

beamisl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 09:00 AM   #6163

Goooodmorning all y’all!!!

I got in late last night. I visited a friend who lives waaaay out in the country. He and his wife live in a geodesic dome they built themselves back in 1975. As it was I didn’t get back to my Crab Orchard Lake CG until almost midnight, very late for me. This morning I’m beginning to waffle about leaving. It happens nearly every time I decide to relocate. While packing up the RV for a move is about a million times easier than a stix & brix home it’s still a rolling earthquake and there’s so many details to check off the list before you can hit the road. In addition, memories of past problems begin popping into my head and filling me with worry. I have to tell myself that yes problems occurred, but I was able to solve them all by myself, soooo... what’s all the worry about? However, I know that once I fire up my mighty 460 cubic inches of Detroit V8 Thunder I’ll be good to go.

I’ve had a good time in Carbondale, a real sentimental journey. Yesterday I went to the SIU Student Center cafeteria area (now a food court) and sat down with a cup of coffee in the same spot where I sat with my coffee on Monday, January 5, 1970 when I met my late wife for the first time. It was the first day of classes and I was slightly hung over from a party the night before. In my addled state I mistook Gail for someone else and then I was embarrassed when I realized my mistake. Gail sat down by herself a few tables away and after 15 minutes I said to myself “Wow, she’s beautiful and she seems very nice…” After all she didn’t tell me to gotohell with my mistake, so I went over, introduced myself and the rest became history.

So Lynne, toodles, as in toodaloo. One spelling of a phrase possibly bastardized from the French expression “a` tout a` l’heure”, meaning “see you later”. BTW, as long as I’m on the subject here’s a corny joke. A Chicagoan gets on a city bus and asks “Does dis bus go to da loop?” To which the driver responds “No, it goes beep beep!”

I guess today I’ll load my motorcycle into my Caravan and generally get everything ready to go so that tomorrow morning I can just leave and not stress myself out with worry brought on by packing up.

Steve
Old 10-11-2016, 09:55 AM   #6164

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone;
Have determined departure day is now Thursday. Blizzard in south has done so a day or two of warmer weather will melt ice and snow. Looks like there will be a nice travel window.

Steve - with this move will you be meeting the pup? It sounds like a great match up for both of you.

Sorry about the winterization Lynne. This could be the last time you have to do it. We have avoided any winterization by leaving the heat on. We are getting overnight lows about 19 so definitely a freezing risk.

I expect Tim and Joe may beat us to Yuma. Looking forward to seeing both of them as well as the repairs Tim made to the PA. If all of the coaches looked as good as his there would be no 10 year rule in any RV park.

Going to start the second parking lot equipment migration today. Should be able to get it all done today.
Old 10-11-2016, 12:50 PM   #6165

Lynne
I just finished winterizing mine this morning. It was easy , I never finished de-winterizing last spring! All I had to do was drain the fresh water tank and put some pink in , then pump in into the hot tank which was (still) empty from draining the pink last spring ! All that's left to do is empty the fridge and cabinet with canned goods.

Steve
So did your next dream girl show up ??
Have a safe trip.
AND we'll need pics of the pooch when you get it !
Old 10-12-2016, 07:33 AM   #6166

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Easy day today, pool day and dinner in. Had a great time at SeaWorld yesterday.
Lynne,
Yes the park is coming along, I hope to see concrete on a few sites when we get back Saturday. When they finish the old section, they still have the new 135 or so sites in the back to finish, then the 23sites in the Rally area to do. Next year the plan on adding another 50 or so sites around the Welcome center up front Plus a new Lodge and washroom/Laundry room out back. It is quite a large undertaking. It will be a beautiful park when it is all done.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 11:20 AM   #6167

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
morning,
Currently 49
Any one heard from Bap/Jeff, hopen all went well,
coffee is going down swell.
Have to think there is a wind CHILL, really windy and chilly,
80 degrees yesterday.
Probably that dang cold air From Gordon's part of the world...
Thanks for the compliment Gordon, The Rv Dealership we were at the other day's MH on the sales lot were so dirty I wonder how many they sell. That American Eagle is still sitting there. I noticed the windows are steamy/milky, must be duel panes and Leakey. Otherwise a nice rig if cleaned up.http://cdn.dealerspike.com/imglib/v1...A901F61F87.jpg
Unfortunately you will get there before us Gordon we are leaving Sat /Sunday at the latest. We found the valve cover gaskets needed replacing on the 454. We are almost done with that. Can't paint too cold will have too finish out/down there.
Frank sounds like a really nice park, might have to put on the must see places.
How many years ya got Lynn? Another one here that don't need too winterize.

Those on the road be safe... We'll be out there soon,
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 11:36 AM   #6168
cwk

Quote:
Originally Posted by spritz View Post
Any one heard from Bap/Jeff, hopen all went well,
Jeff said he would not be on for a while. He was expecting to be in the hospital for a few days. Prayers headed his way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spritz View Post
The Rv Dealership we were at the other day's MH on the sales lot were so dirty I wonder how many they sell. That American Eagle is still sitting there. I noticed the windows are steamy/milky, must be duel panes and Leakey.
I wonder if they leave them dirty so as to hide imperfections. Not that they would really try to be deceptive and devious...
cwk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 02:36 PM   #6169

Winnebago Owners Club
Tim - the slides do not look to be level. One or the other appears to have a sag.
Old 10-12-2016, 02:38 PM   #6170

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Evening Gang,

Just tried calling Bap but no answer. I will try again later or tomorrow and if I hear anything I will let you know. Last time I called his daughter answered.

Nice day today, spent the day working on the bathroom.. Decided to paint the walls and light fixture. Trying to get the house ready so when we do sell we don't have to do it all at once. Maybe 2 or 3 years.

Tim, 10 MONTHS roughly. Final day will be December 31, 2017 but will be out before that for a knee replacement. If I'm not working I don't consider those days.

I wondered the same thing about the lack of cleanliness of the rigs when I was looking. Some were so bad I didn't even go in after opening the door or you could smell the mold. If the ceiling is black when you open the door, what is the point?

Frank, hope they can keep the small park attitude so it doesn't get too big minded. They will definitely need more work campers with the increase in size.

Hope everyone is doing fine. Stay healthy. Lynne
beamisl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 05:26 PM   #6171

Winnebago Owners Club
Everything except Janet, me, computers and commuter cups full of coffee are out there ready to go. Heading out early in the morning.

May be MIA for a couple days.

If Jeff is back on line from his surgery, welcome home. Hope you are feeling way better. Now is your time to listen to the Dr. and heal quickly. Prayers for a speedy recovery. Now for coffee and donuts and koloches in the corner. We will take our time.
Old 10-12-2016, 06:22 PM   #6172
cwk

All this talk about pastries. I am getting hungry.

I remember the pastries that some of you mentioned. But, I also remember a different version of "Kolache" from my Hungarian heritage. I do not know how it translates, or if it even does, but I have found some recipes online that refer to one of my favorites (Mom and Grandma made 'em): "Hungarian Nut Roll (Kolache)."

An easy way to describe it is to think of a large jelly roll. Then substitute a pastry dough and ground nuts (and some other stuff) instead of the jelly filling.

Mom also used to substitute "lekvar" (prune butter) for the nuts. It was a moister version which I much preferred. BTW, Simon Fischer Lekvar Prune Butter was the gold standard for the filling. The only other "brand" my Grandmother used was sold bulk at the Hungarian butcher shop. Still can't figure that one out.

At Christmas time they used to bake "Kiflis" as a special treat. It was a two day process. I have learned this, but have not practiced the recipe in years. Well, maybe this Christmas?

Here are some photos of the nut rolls.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	NutRoll01.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	141405   Click image for larger version

Name:	NutRoll02.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	141406  

cwk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 06:53 PM   #6173

Winnebago Owners Club
Oh WOW!!!!
Old 10-12-2016, 09:17 PM   #6174

My wife's grandmother used to make that but used poppy seeds in it......yummy....

Mk

« Total Rebuild | - »