Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-14-2016, 06:43 AM   #6189

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning All, Great to hear Bap is home, prayers for a speedy recovery! Frank, sounds like you guys are having a good time. Frosty morning here 31* but sunny.

97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-14-2016, 07:42 AM   #6190

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good evening, everyone!
Wow, it is good to be back home!
Thanks, Lynne, for getting us the news on Jeff, AKA "Zipper Neck", AKA, "BAP" So good to hear that he is back home!
Our trip to Japan was great, and I saw some amazing things!
Well, I am tired, it was a long drive back up to Lampang, from Chon Buri, about 700 kl., about 435 miles! Rail!

Old 10-14-2016, 07:44 AM   #6191

Good morning!

67* here, overcast.

Frank, it sounds like you all had a great time with the visit. I have never done a airboat ride, that will be fun.

Our cat's were happy when we got home last night. Both are okay in the camper,,,, but would rather be at home.

I guess Gordon is still on the road to Yuma. Hope all is good with them.

Bap, follow Doc's orders now. Get well soon.

Tim,,,, you almost ready to go south? Think the doc will give you the green light to go?

Our friend who fulltimes is here, and we have to unpack and put our coach away. We went through some small town that had a gravel yard right in town,,,, the roads were covered with crushed stone when we went north last week,,,, yesterday it had rained a little bit and boy what a mess it made!! Coach needs a bath badly!

Have a great day all!
L.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 05:08 PM   #6192

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Evening Gang,
Yes airboat was a blast, this is the 2nd one that we have been on and it is as good the 2nd time. We had a great week with the GS and daughter, but glad that it is over, I am exhausted. We ordered pizza for dinner and it should be delivered shortly, then start packing, we are leaving about 8 in the morning, Daughters flight is at 11, so we should be home around noon or maybe a little after if we stop to have a bite.
Have a great night all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 09:09 PM   #6193

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Evening,
Maybe Janet left Gordon in the corner and went with out him...

We were suppose too be there tomorrow, but still sitting at the S&B's.
Looking like Monday at the latest just a few odds and ends to do and then we are out of here
Has anyone had any luck with GasBuddy.com? I can't figure out how to even login. new web site looks like to me. Have no ideas on how gas prices are this year, heading to Az.

Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 09:36 PM   #6194
cwk

Tim,

No need to login to gasbuddy to use it. I use the iphone app and can ask it for prices near me, or give it a zipcode. You can change from Regular to Premium to Diesel Fuel.

I also use the PC version. Try the Heat Map. It will give you a color version of prices across the country. Green is lower price. Red is higher, etc. Zoom in on the map several times and you will get down to the road level and actual fuel stations. If you click on a station you sometimes can get photos of the station. They may help you decide if your rig will fit. Folks will sometime use Google maps earth view in conjunction with this to see if their rig can get in and out easily and safely.

I just noticed they are talking about a new app on their website. This is news to me. I guess I will have to update my iphone.

Safe travels!
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 11:51 PM   #6195

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Sound like way too much fun... LOL Nice to spend time with family.

cwk,
Not sure what happen, had a brain freeze or something but I just got off Gas buddy. I must of been on a different site.
Thanks for the info.
Tim
Old 10-15-2016, 04:12 AM   #6196
bap

goodmorning my friends,,,

THANKS LYNNE FOR THE CALL,,,,yup surgery went fine went in on Tuesday and was released on Thursday,,--I am able to shuffle walk around some...lol,,, but man o man am I stiff ,,,lol and thank GOD for good meds.,,,lol,,,they had to remove more bone out of my neck than they thought they would so I have a nice load of titanium in its place,,,lol----TIM you are soo right it sure does look like a zipper on the back of my neck...lol
I have got to saty UK hospital is an awesome place...had a great time there all the doc,s nurses and staff were wonderfull,,,I kept thinking about LYNNE there I'm sure she would fit again thank GOD right in with them...

I again thank GOD for all of you..

zipper neck jeff,,,,
Old 10-15-2016, 04:44 AM   #6197

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning,

Glad to hear you are better Jeff. We were a bit worried about you as you can see with the posts so I decided to call. I enjoyed talking with your daughter. What is her name please?

When I had my neck surgery I was stiff too. I think part of it is you hold yourself so stiff because you are afraid to move and then the shoulders stiffen and then it just builds. Meds will help for sure.

Just take it easy and take the time to heal so it heals correctly. I pretty much do what I want now and you are a busy man so want to take that time so you can get back to busy later.

It's really cooled down here in MI. Still not a lot of color but it will happen now that it is cooling down. We actually had asparagus out of the garden the other night. Jerry had cut it down and we had a warm couple days and asparagus did what asparagus does and it grew. Yummy!

Take care all and keep safe. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 04:54 AM   #6198

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
LOLOL I told ya, We heard you had staples, didn't have those back when I had mine done. So glad too hear you had a grand old time.
How ya feeling Jeff?, better I mean pain wise. sure hope so. You have a lot of reading to catch up on.
And now its my turn, behave yourself and follow Doc's orders. Don't be superman and get ahead of schedule.
Its a honor too have u in the Zipper neck club.
I for one am getting close to heading south. Monday at the very latest. Got the exterior of the Pace Arrow pretty much done and just have to straighten out the interior. Tanks are full and tanks are empty.

Hey Lynn I just bought a jar of pickled asparagus, I added about a teaspoon of Crushed Red Peppers, Yum.
Enjoy,
Tim
Old 10-15-2016, 05:26 AM   #6199

Good Morning Gang,
Bap,
Glad to hear that you are doing good, now just follow the Doc's orders and don't overdo.
Well, just stopped in to say hi this morning, have to go finish packing then off to the airport, then back to Brooksville.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Old 10-15-2016, 07:34 AM   #6200

Good Morning!

72* here, overcast.

Bap, sounds like you are doing well. Keep that zipper closed and healing!!

Frank, safe trip back to the park. I'm sure they have been lost without you.

Maybe Janet took Gordon's keyboard away? Probably just busy making the miles needed to Yuma.

Tim, safe trip to Yuma. Sounds like you are ready. We are about 15 weeks away from leaving ourselves. We were talking about it last week, and my daughter and her husband are giving serious thought to flying out and joining us for a week. They have never been out west. That will be fun. Might do a quick national park tour with them.

Headed off to the Honda dealer this morning, need a oil filter for my dual sport bike, son and I have a ride planned tomorrow. Looks like we have 4-5 others joining us from the my club. Should be fun, the leaves are turning in the mountains.

Have a great day all!

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 10:14 AM   #6201

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Pretty much done with the repairs to the rear of my 82 PA. PO backed into a tree so before and afters,
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160621_125728.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	169.4 KB
ID:	141576   Click image for larger version

Name:	20161015_081355.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	149.5 KB
ID:	141578  

Click image for larger version

Name:	20160817_213302.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	151.3 KB
ID:	141579   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160817_213328.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	192.9 KB
ID:	141580  

Old 10-16-2016, 07:09 AM   #6202

Good Morning Gang,
Had a good trip to the airport and then back home. Now back to reality. They got quite a bit done at the park, didn't go back because there was a small crew working, but will go look around tomorrow. They tested the new water lines and they are ready to have the water turned on.Electric lines are being hooked up to the transformers.
Tim,
Nice work on the PA, we knew that you could do it and you did an excellent job.
have a great day all,
Frank

« Total Rebuild | - »