Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-16-2016, 09:23 AM   #6203

Tim
Looks like new.

bap
Metal staples ! A REAL Zipper!!

Everybody else
and a big arrrrrrrrggghhhhh!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-16-2016, 09:41 AM   #6204

Ahoy ye Maties!!! .....lol...just don't sound right with a Texas accent...lol

Coffee is great this weekend it's pumpkin praline....umm ummm.... tastey...

My friends from Red River Nm came back to their property in Bedias ...bout 20 minutes from here to clean out stuff in their garage and the DW and I helped them out loaded it all into a cargo trailer he bought on the way here....ya see the high speed train is going to cut their property in half and the company is offering to pay them about three times more than they paid for it....kinda a no brainer for them....they gave us a lot of stuff we didn't need but the wife wanted...lol...that's how it always is...

Tim very nice work on the PA...

Jeff hope recovery is going well with no hiccups....lol...get it...hiccups they might hurt...anyways I know it's corny but so is my sense of humor....

Frank the park sounds like a great destination lots of good things going in down there...aslo glad to hear you enjoyed your trip to mouse land

Everyone be safe gotta go get started with the chores and then off to find a present for the DW boss cause tomorrow is bosses day...

Mk

Old 10-16-2016, 09:59 AM   #6205
cwk

October 17th is Boss's Day???

Maybe I will treat mine to an expensive lunch. Burger King should do it.

Oh, did you mean the family boss???
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 02:49 PM   #6206

MK
I didn't hear any TX accent at all !
If yew wantah write wit ah axsent ya gutta rite funny!
Hiccups ....skuh kuh kuh kuh
Old 10-16-2016, 08:05 PM   #6207

Greetings!

Rode a 115 mile loop in the Pisgah forest on my Dualsport bike today, 6 of us. My son and 4 others from the charlotte riders club. Great time, great weather.

Frank, before you know it you will be surrounded by paying customers!

Tim, the PA looks great. Excellent job!

What to do if I know longer have a boss!

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 08:08 PM   #6208
cwk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd in S.C. View Post
What to do if I no longer have a boss!
Sort of like "self-employed"??? Treat your self to something on Monday.
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 09:39 PM   #6209

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Evening Everyone;
Had a good trip to Yuma. There is new pavement in the park and a bees nest the size of a laundry basket in the tree above our patio so we are in Lloyds spot for a few days until the bee keeper can remove the nest. Looks like at least a couple gallons of honey.

Jeff - welcome home. Glad the surgery was successful. I know you will look after yourself and pace yourself back to activity like the doctor says.

Lynne - thanks for taking the incentive and contacting Jeff's daughter. Appreciate the time and effort you put in to keep us informed.

Tim - looking forward to seeing the repairs. You and Joe have a safe trip down.

New pavement in the park. Real pavement not the kind with a brush from a can.

Really warm here. Air is running so will be comfortable tonight.

Have a great evening.
Old 10-17-2016, 03:40 AM   #6210
bap

gooodmorning gang,,,

its a whole lot harder behaving myself than I ever would have thought...lol,,,still plenty sore some things have improved other things not so much yet but its still early,,,

TIM,,,Awesome job my friend,,,,

LOYD,,now that your retired you may need to ask DEB who the boss is....lol

and as for a corny sence of humar,,,,,I love it.....is there any better...I think not...lol

GOD BLESS YOU ALL !!!

zipper
Old 10-17-2016, 06:08 AM   #6211

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner

Zipper
(previously Bap, Jeff)...
Got ta love it, So glad you are already noticing a difference, Hoping and a praying it continues. Don't forget to follow the Doc's orders. Don't rush it
Tears of Joy, ,,
Tim,
oyea 40 days no smokie,
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 06:25 AM   #6212

Gulf Streamers Club
Good morning all. Coffee/cocoa good this morning. ZJ, glad to hear you made it thru the operation and are home and healing. Use this down time to plan your next projects. It will be fun. Tim, you hang in there as well. Keep the foot healing and stay off them smokes. I quit in 1978 but made no announcement. Wife Rebecca was still smoking a asked about a month later if I had quit. She was finally able to quit 10 years later, had to use a hypnotist but it worked for her. Gordon, good that your trip to Yuma went well. I already have Yuma envy. Couple of funerals this week I will be attending. Two aunts that were in their ninties. Wow, the changes they witnessed during their lifetimes. Well, need to run. Taking Chico the wonder dog to the vet for routine maintenance today. Y'all take care and stay safe.

ronspradley
Life's too short to drink cheap beer.
ronspradley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 06:42 AM   #6213

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning gang,
Coffee is back to the normal good, although I have half and half instead of milk for a lightner. Back to the grass cutting today, shouldn't be too bad, I cut everything except one lot before I left, and that was cut a little over a week and a half ago. Fall is here, lows in the upper 60's and highs in the upper 80's, lol.
Bap,
Glad that you are doing well, like Tim said, make sure that you don't over do and follow the Doc's orders.
Tim,
$0 days is great, means that you have this thing licked, just don't waver and keep up the good work.
Lloyd,
Glad that you had an enjoyable ride. Say hi to Mom for Rita and I. Rita really enjoyed talking with her and is looking forward to seeing her again.
Gordon,
Glad that you are safe and sound in Yuma.
MK,
It is aggravating watching everything torn up, especially the things that we put in to make the park better. But in the end, it will be a lot nicer We are supposed to have water and electric to the pool area by the end of the month, so we can start getting it back together and ready to swim. They are going to put in a combination solar and heat pump to heat the pool(heater went bad last year). A few of the sites are graded and ready for the concrete forms, and they look pretty good and the entry road is laid out with the base being put down and it looks good, so things are starting to look up.
Charles,
I am the boss also, as long as I do what Rita wants and says that I can do, lol.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 07:09 AM   #6214

Morning!

Nope, not going to do it. I will not ask Deb who the boss is. It is already established,,,, and my to do list is big enough.

Gordon, glad you are there safe and sound. Good that they are just ole honey bee's and not the African strain that can be found in the south west. I think they are extremely aggressive. New paved roads sound nice, we can skate board!!!

Bap, better days ahead!!

Tim, 40 days!

Ron, yes the world has changed a ton in 90 years. Sorry for the loss.

Frank, we are having some seriously great weather here also. I so much enjoy this time of year when highs and lows are in the middle. Mom is doing well, she is at my brothers at the moment spending sometime with him. She went with us last week to Kentucky and did the bourbon tour.

Have a great day all. Got to clean my bike and put my gear away today. Might do a couple day street bike ride later this week. Need to take advantage of the weather,,, it soon will be not good for riding.

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 08:22 AM   #6215

Goooodmorning all yíall!!!

Iíve been roaming the Bloomington-Normal area with my old college friend Kathryn for the last few days. Yesterday Mr. Procrastination finally did his income taxes. Itís not the taxes I hate paying itís the cursed forms I have to fill out that go with them. Even with a tax preparation program itís a tedious and intrusive PITA. However, with the downturn in the oil business and the devastating affect it had on my geological consulting next years taxes should be a snap (you have to look at the bright side of things!).

Iíll be picking up my new furry friend on Wednesday and then Iíll be heading further north for a month in Chicagoland. Iíll ask Beth, the dogs current owner, to snap our picture together since my kids are wanting to see a photo of my new furry pal too. Iíll say this, heís a scruffy fellow, much like me, and someone from the show dog community probably wouldnít think much of him. However, heís a really smart dog and not only has he been obedience trained but heís been bred and trained as a hunting dog as well, which makes him a perfect companion and hunting partner for me. Iím really excited about him joining me.

Iím glad everyoneís getting their health issues corrected and that Timís staying away from his cancer sticks. When I finally return to Sierra Vista in November I need to get in for my annual check-up and blood-work. Hopefully, everything will go well.

Steve
Old 10-17-2016, 10:11 AM   #6216

bap
OK I'm just going to go ahead and dub you "El Zippo" as your official title.

If you go south of the border it will of course become "El Zippo de la Norte"
(You get to decide which border....)

Gordon
So no mo sno fo Gordo. That was a close one , gotta get outa Dodge earlier next year.......
and find out if those bees have any badges
(I'm picturing Belushi saying "We don no stinking badges , we are the keeler bees!" )

Steve
Yup post that pic fer sure!We wanna see your new furkid.

Lloyd
Good decision , just don't ask

Tim
40 down and the rest of your life to go. Just like the rig repairs , one day at a time and before you know it....a new you !

Has smell and taste begun to improve yet ?

Frank
Howzabout some pics of these new improvements to get everybody psyched to come visit?