Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-17-2016, 07:23 PM   #6217

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Popeye,
Go on their website to see the updates on the construction BelleParc.com, I am not good at transferring pics from camera to here. Besides, the way it is tore up right now , it would scare everybody away, lol.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-17-2016, 07:33 PM   #6218

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Evening everyone;
Manager called the county and was told there was an excess of wild hives so they were not interested in helping move them. The park took care of them and we are now in our spot.

Tired so am going to have dinner and then relax. Not used to the warm (hot) weather.

Have a great evening.
Old 10-18-2016, 05:19 AM   #6219

Morning!

60* here, too dark to report on much more.

Gordon, glad your in your site and the pesty bee's have been removed. Interesting the county has so many, there is a honey bee disorder that is killing all the bees here. I have given some thought to starting a hive or 2.

Looks like you have another hot one coming, low 90's today.

Steve, your new friend sounds like a great match. Congrats!

Got a few chores to do today. Then spend time going over my bike to be sure its ready for the trip in 3 days. Deb is going to Delaware to visit her parents, she hasn't seen them in a few months.

Have a great day all!

L.
Old 10-18-2016, 05:43 AM   #6220

Freightliner Owners Club
Gordon,
Glad that you are back in your site with no beehive hanging overhead.
Steve,
Sounds like your upcoming furry friend is going to be a perfect traveling companion for you.
Frank
Old 10-18-2016, 10:21 PM   #6221

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Evening,
Almost morning,
having a quick cupojo It does taste better after a vinegar bath. Hey where is rail???
Same goes with Curtis,
Tie rod came in around 2 this afternoon. Got it installed in about 10 minutes. Now no lights on the karkaddy
unbeveavable
New adaptor for the receiver and a new 2 inch ball because of bike rack. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come. I am soooo ready to hit the road. Gee I hope Gordon don't have his bees move over to my site. I remember last year it was snakes and Morning Doves dodoing all over the MH and Toad...
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 11:44 PM   #6222

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone! Coffee is so good today!!
Tim, check the ground! Hope it is something simple like that! Not a lot to report from here, called my son this morning.
He had the salesman switch burn out on Mona and it killed all the lights and the other things it disconnect's! So that was a easy fix! He was trying to locate the converter, and could not find it? Anyone know where they put it on a 38' Monaco Windsor, 1996 late, 50 amp., DP MH? The transfer box and the inverter are in the 2nd compartment back, passenger side, just behind the propane tank. But I had never had a reason to look for the Converter. I told him to plug it in, go to where the cord plugs into the side of the MH, and then trace the wire, on the inside to find it! And to listen for the hum, it may tell you where to look! As the house battery's are not getting charged either when plugged in!
Gordon, glad you are back in your spot, and the bees are gone!
Tim, way to go on the "not smoking" thing! Proud of you! That is a very hard thing to do as I know!
Frank, hang in there, they will get it all done sooner than you think! They get you back into your spot yet? Really not much they had to do to it, if I remember right? Are the two sand cranes still around? Or did the construction scare them off?
Lloyd, unsupervised again? Behave yourself!
Steve, you have been stomping around in all my old hangouts around Central Illinois, have fun!
Popeye, hope the weather holds out for you, you know what is coming!
And Lynne and Terry, the sad truth, it is coming for you guys too!

It won't be too long, and we will all be together, relaxing around the campfire, and telling stories at the " Meet and Greet" I can't wait! The weather is very nice here in Thailand, but I miss camping!
Everyone have a great day! Rail!
And here is a pic of Jira and the sand cranes, and Franks " Belle Parc" before the construction!

Click image for larger version

Name:	1461027677734.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	141950
Old 10-19-2016, 04:53 AM   #6223
bap

goodmorning my friends,,

still tough to sit here and post very long but seem to be healing well,,,

great to see everyone is well,,,,

DEBBIES cousin that lives just up the street from us passed away suddenly sunday night funeral is today ,,,sooo sad he was a great guy...

have a blessed day,,each is a gift...

el zippo jeff...
Old 10-19-2016, 05:01 AM   #6224

Freightliner Owners Club
Good Morning Gang,
Bap,
So sorry for your loss, condolences go to Debbie and her family on their loss. We are glsd that you are healing well.
Rail,
No we are not in our site yet. Yes the sand cranes are still here, we had a dozen baby whistling ducks also, but we haven' seen them for a couple weeks, but I think that they will be back when the construction is over.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Old 10-19-2016, 05:11 AM   #6225

Morning all!

61* here, headed to low 80's.

Sounds like everyone is doing well.

Tim, I suspect the ground as well. May have been grounding through your old trailer hitch,,,, new one has paint and now no connection. Of course, that isn't how it should ground anyway. Congrats on another no smoking milestone!

I was just fine with the Bee's at the site,,,,, but keep the snakes off my site please! I hate snakes!

I am ready for my bike trip,,,, a day early. Deb is leaving any minute now. So today I have a few odds and ends around the house and going to go have lunch with a old friend who I have not seen in 3-4 months. Then visit another friend who I borrowed a tool from and have not returned it in a few weeks! Its okay,,, he has one of mine!!!

Have a great day all!

L.
Old 10-19-2016, 07:28 AM   #6226

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning,

Coffee is great this am, sun is out, and the MH is sitting in the driveway. Time to winterize her. It was 75 Monday, 72 Tuesday and 48 this am. Trees are turning rapidly right now. It is pretty but we know what comes after.

Been busy painting the bathroom while we can still keep the windows open to get rid of paint smell. Bought paint and started putting it on and it was not going to work. Went and bought another color and same thing. Not what I wanted. Jerry said "Why don't you mix them?" So I did and came up with the right color. Took a while but was just what we wanted.

Painted light fixture, got it all done and we both like it. Looks great. Last time I will be painting this room.

Bap, sorry about your loss. It's always hard but what a blessing to have known such a good man. Beautiful memories for all of you.

Popeye, Are you going to be living by Mom still this winter? Wish you could find a good spot and stay connected. Would be great if you could plug into electrical and stay there. One of the guys down the road parked his TT at his parents and plugged into the electric and propane tank they heat with. He had bails of hay around the bottom to cut the wind. I bet it was still cold though.

Tim, Curtis will probably not be back. He got busy with other things and decided he could get a lot done without being on here all the time. That's what he told me last time I talked with him.

Hope you are all doing well. Better get to it. One last call to the CG and will send an E-mail out. Blessings to all.

Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 09:12 AM   #6227

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone;
BAP - Condolences to you and Debbie. It is always sad when someone leaves at a time we consider too early. I like your new signature line by the way. It reminded me of "El Kabong". I think that was Quick Draw Magraw but not sure. Some memories are best left alone!

Lloyd - no snakes here. Well there are some rubber snakes in the trees above the coach. Interesting because we have 3 dollar store snakes. The bees built the nest close to one of them. Either the bees or the snakes kept the doves from doing too much damage. Next door neighbor thought the snakes were a splendid idea so he went big. Bought a $12 king cobra rubber snake. Doves ass bombed that poor thing. Going to have to go up and move mine around a bit. On the tasks to do.

Tim - I expect you and Joe will be heading out shortly. See you soon. Drive safely. Cleaned the leaves out of your site the other day so it is ready for you.

Lynne - this will be the last winterizing your coach will have. Take pictures so you can relive the experience from warmer climes next year.

Have a great day.
Old 10-19-2016, 11:15 AM   #6228

Lynne
None of that is an option here...looks like I'm not going anywhere for a while.
I've done this before , just another crappy winter,,,,,,

el zippo
Sorry about BIL.
That's something we all have to face , live every day like it's your last .
One day it will be!
(I noticed you changed your sig line!)

Gordon
Looks like you're holding down the fort in Yuma.
Bees and birds and rubber snakes ,,,Oh My !
Is there going to be a honey stash?
I had a Roy Rogers guitar that I practiced my El Kabonging with.
Yup Quick Draw McGraw aka Queeeksdraw if you ask Baba Louie.

Rail
I saw on the news that the King is dead.
Long live the King!

Frank
Hope they can wrap it all up before the snowbirds arrive.

Lloyd
71* here today but they say it's the last one for a long time.
Below freezing nights this weekend.
Have a good ride.

Tim
Playing the if it's not one thing it's another game can suck!
Run an extra ground and see what happens.....might be enough to get you there.
Old 10-20-2016, 01:25 AM   #6229

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good afternoon everyone! Coffee was very good today!
As I sit here in the A/C, reading about all the cold weather back in the U.S., makes me happy to be here in the warm! I am sitting here eating " Wasabi Pistachio's " we brought back from our trip to Japan! My nose is running, but I love em!!

Popeye, Jira & I give you a heart felt "Thank You" for the thought of the King's passing! He was a very great man, and very well loved by the people here! He did so much for the people here, truly a great man!

Jeff, "El Zippo" sorry for your loss of your BIL! May he RIP! How are you doing? Are you getting better every day? I can't imagine as I have never had it done, but I have jammed my neck so many times, being 6'3", and driving all of those construction trucks for so many years building roads, my time is coming! I have neck pain, and it is on the list, to have it checked out, but not pressing at this time!

Well I did some research on the converter/charger, ( don't have one ) in Mona, it has a inverter/charger? Kind of a oxemoron "SP",, but I will get it figured out? Still trying to figure out how something that uses your battery power to make 110 v. also charges the battery's too?
Well, I will do some reading on that, and figure out if it is working right or not!

Everyone have a great day! Rail!
Old 10-20-2016, 05:48 AM   #6230

Morning all!

62* here, blue sky. Pefect for heading out on our 4-5 day motorcycle trip. Chance of some showers tomorrow, but the rest is looking good. Behind the showers it will be much cooler,,,,, but we have gear for that not a problem. (electric jacket liner and gloves, very toasty!)

Try to stay out of trouble all! We may either come back Sunday, or Monday,,,, I will be off-line not taking my laptop.

L.