Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-30-2016, 12:26 PM   #6329

I'll post some when we get back. We are on cruise ship heading south out of Baltimore.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-30-2016, 04:00 PM   #6330

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Late Afternoon Gang,
Tim,
Glad that you are all set up and enjoying. Nice looking patio. Yes we are still looking at Alfa's, we have an offer in on one and the first one we looked at sent me an email this morning lowering the price $10,000, so if we don't get the first one, we will get the second one.
Frank

Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 07:21 PM   #6331

Evening all!

Hey Tim! Can you take a few pics of our site and post them? Would be cool to see them. Your site looks fantastic!

We are scheduled to check in January 28th....... we checkout on April 1st. So we have a few months before we leave here. Spending the Holidays with family,,,, we both really enjoy that.

Frank, sounds very cool that you will have a coach soon! I hope your favorite one comes through. Once you buy, do you have a buyer for your 5th wheel? Or going to work on that afterwards? Its a great camper, in great shape I bet it will go quickly.

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 09:48 PM   #6332

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd in S.C. View Post
Evening all!

Hey Tim! Can you take a few pics of our site and post them? Would be cool to see them. Your site looks fantastic!

We are scheduled to check in January 28th....... we checkout on April 1st. So we have a few months before we leave here. Spending the Holidays with family,,,, we both really enjoy that.

Frank, sounds very cool that you will have a coach soon! I hope your favorite one comes through. Once you buy, do you have a buyer for your 5th wheel? Or going to work on that afterwards? Its a great camper, in great shape I bet it will go quickly.

L.
Sure thing Lloyd what site is your's???? ### Gordon cleaned most of ours up but I had to send him too the corner.. Don't ask LOLOLOL Just Kidding Gordon. We washed it all down I tried to wash the MH but felt I better not push me luck.
Happy you get to spend time with family, most of mine is gone, I got a brother back home and one down by u but we haven't seen them since our brothers motorcycle accident 1 year ago August.
I got a feeling you might like it here. Most of us that are down here get together and have a dinner-buffet-treats what ever but its a good time and NO SNOW... Let me now what number.
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 12:18 AM   #6333

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone! Coffee is very good today!

Tim, your site looks great, love the shade trees! Yes, I too like those loungers, but they are too short for me, and have only seen a few that were made for us tall boys, and they were pricy!!

Frank, glad the MH search is going good, and the 03 Malibu would do just fine, I will send you a PM!

Lynne, I just laughed, and thought about us all together, and fitting up the hoses, and thought of the movie "RV" with Robin Williams! Glad the concert was a good one! Just had a buddy go the "Stones" concert in Vegas last week! He enjoyed it a lot!

Well, we leave on Thursday for a (all expense paid) trip back to Japan! We will be visiting a different area of the country this time, and will be riding the fastest bullet train this time also! Should be a fun trip! Will take lots of pic's!

Everyone have a great day! Rail!
Old 10-31-2016, 06:54 AM   #6334

Freightliner Owners Club
Good Morning Gang,
Hopefully we will know something about which coach today.
Lloyd,
We don't have anyone lined up, I didn't want to sell the 5er and then not find the right coach and have no where to live,lol. I will try to sell the 5er and truck together as a package, but will sell the 5er alone.
Rail,
I am not selling the Malibu, I will need it as a toad myself, I was just giving you an alternative to the Saturn.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Old 10-31-2016, 07:57 AM   #6335

Morning!

Hey Tim, this will sound silly, but I don't know my site number. Gordon does he stayed in it while they removed the Bee's from his site. When I made the reservation they said it was across the street from Janet and Gordon.

55* here this am, another sunny day.

My dualsport ride was fun yesterday, just 2 of us showed up. We were able to cover a lot of ground, always easier with a smaller group. We rode to the parking lot on table rock mountain, then hiked the last 1 mile and 600' in elevation in offroad riding gear (not recommended). Really nice at the top. I am sore today. Dang Frankenstien offroad boots gave me a blister on one foot!

Frank, figured maybe your unit is so nice you might have someone sitting in the background waiting to get it "If" you find a replacement. I remember when we bought our coach, we way under estimated how much stuff was in our 5th wheel, took us all day to make the transfer of "stuff" from one unit to the other.

Have a great day all. Today I need to clean my bike and gear and put it all away, and will probably cut a little more wood. Tomorrow I will put the coach in the barn and service it, time for a oil and fuel filter change.

L.
Old 10-31-2016, 08:16 AM   #6336

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Hey Lloyd,
maybe try calling and ask for # 146 it also has patio blocks the one across the street don't have them
Gordon and friend's did this side. You'll be next to us and behind Gordon. We were on the other side last year and the sites are nice but gravel except the cement slab for a patio
Can't wait too meet you and the wife.
Yes on the trees great shade trees and huge.
Yim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 08:22 AM   #6337
bap

goodmorning my friends,,

coffee 1st pot I made was waay to weak,,,2nd to strong,,,3rd just rite....lol

LYNNE,,,thanks for the call,,,was wonderful hearing your voice,,i cant wait until next august to meet all of you that are coming,,,,

TIM,, so happy for you guys making it to your spot..

RAIL,, look forward as always to see your pictures....have a great time..

LOYD,,,im sure the hike was a blast in all that gear,,,what a work out...lol

FRANK,,,,i sure hope you get the one you really want..

well,,,i gotta get krackin,,,,--we had to evict some people from one of our rentals getting ready to do our first walk in and see what all needs to be done,,,im sure its more than a coat of paint....lol

have a blessed day my friends...

jeff/ ole zipper neck..
Old 10-31-2016, 08:22 AM   #6338

Hi Tim!

When we called that was as close as they could get us to you guys. Evidently the others are booked, we are arriving late in the season so I think we get a little less choice in sites.

Looking forward to this, 89 days to go.

L.
Old 10-31-2016, 12:11 PM   #6339

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd in S.C. View Post
Morning!

Hey Tim, this will sound silly, but I don't know my site number. Gordon does he stayed in it while they removed the Bee's from his site. When I made the reservation they said it was across the street from Janet and Gordon.

55* here this am, another sunny day.

My dualsport ride was fun yesterday, just 2 of us showed up. We were able to cover a lot of ground, always easier with a smaller group. We rode to the parking lot on table rock mountain, then hiked the last 1 mile and 600' in elevation in offroad riding gear (not recommended). Really nice at the top. I am sore today. Dang Frankenstien offroad boots gave me a blister on one foot!

Frank, figured maybe your unit is so nice you might have someone sitting in the background waiting to get it "If" you find a replacement. I remember when we bought our coach, we way under estimated how much stuff was in our 5th wheel, took us all day to make the transfer of "stuff" from one unit to the other.

Have a great day all. Today I need to clean my bike and gear and put it all away, and will probably cut a little more wood. Tomorrow I will put the coach in the barn and service it, time for a oil and fuel filter change.

L.
I checked. 146 is reserved and they put you in 176.
Old 11-01-2016, 07:03 AM   #6340

Thanks Gordon, site 176 it is Tim!

Today I need to do a oil change, and fuel filter change on the coach. First one of these I have done since our purchase. Of course the oil change should be a peace of cake so not much of concern there.

I understand the fuel filters should be the same, as our coach has an electric fuel pump and after 10 or so recyclings of the key should prime itself. Standby I'll let you know!

A very light rain last night, we need rain so bad. But this was not at all enough to help. 62* this moring headed to the hig 70's again. Hard to get sick of this weather,,,, other than the drought, perfect for better than 2 months.

Sure hope FRank has a coach deal done by now!

Have a great day all!

L.
Old 11-01-2016, 07:36 AM   #6341

Freightliner Owners Club
Good Morning Gang,
Well, going to test drive coach on Thursday, and if everything checks out then we will bring it home. We have so much stuff in the 5er that I am concerned that even with all the basement storage and 10' longer length that we won't have enough space for all the stuff.Looks like we will move our stuff from the 5er to the MH, then put it right on our site for the winter, I won't have to move the 5er, I can leave it right where it is now till I can sell it.
Looks like we are going to be very busy for the next month or so, getting the park cleaned up for the snowbirds from all the construction. Then changing all the stuff from the 5er into the coach. Then getting the 5er ready to sell.
Bap,
Sounds like you are getting along well from your surgery. You continue to be in our prayers for a complete and pain free recovery.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Old 11-01-2016, 07:55 AM   #6342

Goooodmorning all yíall!!!

As usual my morning coffee is excellent and a wonderful way to start the day.

Iíve been having fun in Chicagoland visiting old friends and hiking/hunting with my new furry outdoors partner. Even though people have been lamenting the quality of the fall colors this year, to my eyes theyíre delightful. One thing I really missed about the mid-west is the beautiful fall colors, and not having to rake leaves is a bonus!

I took Trace pheasant hunting on Sunday. We only got one bird, mainly due to my ineptitude. Hopefully, Trace will tolerate my poor shooting while I struggle to overcome 10 years with very little bird hunting or even clay target practice. I was very proud of the one bird Trace found that I was able to shoot. Trace became excited (birdy) while in a small pine tree grove and kept running around one tree looking up. I investigated and sure enough, there was the pheasant sitting on a limb 15í off the ground! About the time I spotted him he spotted me and took off giving me an easy shot and a bird for my young golden retriever to retrieve.

Iím glad everyone here is doing well. It was good to hear that Tim was able to get his RV problem solved. Iím so lucky that I have an aptitude for solving mechanical problems. Thereís no way that Iíd attempt my current lifestyle if I didnít. I sure wish I had Timís aptitude for making my rig look beautiful. I can work on them and make them run great but as for washing and waxing, forgetaboutit! The first thing that happens is they get all dirty again!

Steve