Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-18-2015, 08:28 AM   #645
bap

goodmorning gang,--i got our waterline thawed then my father in law said his froze up,i tried for ever to thaw his but its under ground and i couldnt get it,,he had left it running a good stream that night to,,,it just got so cold it still froze

terry,,yes it loooks like were in the same pattern up into march with this weather pattern every night is subzero and only 1 day its suppose to get above freezing for the rest of the month....and were getting more snow now its the real fine powdery snow,,,we have well over a foot of it....it makes for tough traveling even the atv dont like it much...lol

lynne, prayers sent for your knee,,,and thanks for adding some color to your post,,better than looking at all the black and white...lol

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-18-2015, 08:32 AM   #646

Oh we're good here in North Central Texas!
The Freezing rain lasted less than 2 hours then headed to Arkansas. It's 34 degrees here and warming up.

Just enough to get my Riding Lawn Mower Seat wet.
I left it outside the other night while a friend and I worked on his Expedition Camper Trailer. So the following morning I decided to move it back inside and got the seat of my pants wet for the effort.

Spent most of the day yesterday pouring over wiring blueprints for the harness I'm about to build for my Allison 1000 that I'll be putting in my Big Girl.

Finally talked to a Canadian Company who has the connectors for sale. $360.00 just for the connectors for the stand alone harness.
(And that doesn't include the Transmission Computer.)

Buying one pre-made is cost prohibitive.
You'd think I was trying to buy Space Shuttle Parts!
There's less than 50 wires to it.
It's not Rocket Science! Unless you're buying one.....

Coffee is good this morning. Headed out to spend the day with the youngest Grandson. He's 4 and a half and is Too Darn Smart. The kid is a whizz with his Kindle!

Old 02-18-2015, 08:38 AM   #647

Fleetwood Owners Club
Good morning! Looking for 40s today with sunshine so we should see some badly needed clearing of ice off the roads! Now they're talking another round this weekend! Don't really hate winter, it's just the cold I really don't like anymore! As I'm stuck inside my to do list keeps getting longer, and that's the list I make! DW's list for me is unreasonable already!
Old 02-18-2015, 08:43 AM   #648

Fleetwood Owners Club
Curtis you could of kept the weather! Lol
Old 02-18-2015, 09:57 AM   #649

Winnebago Owners Club
Morning everyone.
Sitting here this morning drinking coffee and listening to the ficus berries bouncing off of the roof. It is noisier on a fiberglass roof than a rubber roof. Have to sweep the patio a couple times a day to sweep the berries off.

The trees are really nice - down side is the berries and leaves that continually fall. Still the shade is great. Lawn chair, book, cold drink and large shade trees make a great place to have a nap. I have been reading the same book for a month and still not done. By the time I finish it I will be able to start it again.

Sorry for all of you in the cold weather. We will be heading back shortly. I left the battery in the tractor as I know I will have to push snow when we get home. We started participating in a winter sport just so there was something to look forward to during the winter conditions.

Probably drive home and come back later to pick up the coach. Can not see any positive rationale to drive the coach on salt covered highways. The ribbed tires are also an unknown. Ribbed on the truck do not perform well but the 4 x 4 and slowing down or stopping under marginal conditions have worked OK.
Old 02-18-2015, 10:50 AM   #650

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Gordon,

If you don't have to come back, don't! It is cold and I agree with driving on the salt roads. They are white with the stuff. Where are you at now? You may have said before but I forgot if you did.

I am keeping a journal of places to go when I retire and we start escaping MI in the winter. I would love to full time but I think we need to do this for a year or two first. If you can send info about the CG I assume, then I can check it out and write it down.

Well, hope you all have a nice day, I always enjoy my day off. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 11:21 AM   #651

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by beamisl View Post
Gordon,

If you don't have to come back, don't! It is cold and I agree with driving on the salt roads. They are white with the stuff. Where are you at now? You may have said before but I forgot if you did.

I am keeping a journal of places to go when I retire and we start escaping MI in the winter. I would love to full time but I think we need to do this for a year or two first. If you can send info about the CG I assume, then I can check it out and write it down.

Well, hope you all have a nice day, I always enjoy my day off. Lynne
Hip replacement on April 6. Pre-op on March 16. Blood work on March 13. Have to head home.

I worked as a manager for a large highway authority for 30 years. Managed construction and maintenance for about 1200 miles of road. Winter travel is very familiar to me.

We are in Yuma area. Our resort is full, there are only overnight sites available. Lots of nice campgrounds in area. 150 miles to San Diego, Palm Springs and Phoenix if you want to travel. 15 minutes from Los Algodones, Mexico.
Old 02-18-2015, 11:49 AM   #652
bap

GORDON, THAT SOUNDS AWSOME TO ME ,,,,,i am happy you have such a wonderfull place to winter,,,i sure wish we were anywhere close to that area right now...lol,,,

i bet its exctremly beutifull with those trees in full berries,,i have never seen any that grow like that,,,just ones people keep in there houses for house plants,,
and the way you described it..i felt like i was there,,,but instead i have been packing water to the father in law because his is frozen up,,and also have to pack water for our horses we are below zero for a few weeks by the way it looks and have our biggest snow in a long time its up to my knees,,,makes walking a chore for an old fat man,,,,lol....
hate you have to come home so early for you med treatment,,,will be praying for you...
well break time is over back to working on something or another snowy ride....lol
Old 02-18-2015, 11:51 AM   #653

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Morning, still is morning isn't it???
Well back into the - numbers,
-4 feels like -25
Coffee's Good and hot.Have too run a few errands today and then make some cookies, Yum
Kind of bummed my new Radiator Cap don't fit
O well I'll keep it, and it might fit on the 64.
Searched a bunch of places yesterday for
1. SuperSteer set up for the PA

2.Bell Cranks

3.TruCenter Steering Control
Of course all this after New Rubber
4th How too Pay for it all.
Have a Great Day All,
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 03:15 PM   #654

Winnebago Owners Club
Hi Lynne;
Found this link in another thread.

On the surface this looks like a pretty good coach if it has the floor plan you are looking for. Something to consider.

2016 Bentley 34 B Diesel Pusher Class A Motorhome - NeXus RV
Old 02-18-2015, 04:12 PM   #655

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Gordon,

Thanks but want a gaser. Sorry about the hip. I see the knee surgeon March 11th, then tests I am sure, and then see from there. I can't even lay my left leg against my right cause it hurts so bad. If I move at night and touch it it wakes me right up.

Thought I could get by until retirement but not going to happen. Try to stay warm everyone, it's gonna be real cold tonight here. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 07:37 AM   #656

Smile Goooooood morning!

Just setting here at home by the computer. Thinking how lucky we are and have been on the western slope of CO. We have missed just about all of the bad weather this winter. Being a SD Boy, almost , well actually do, miss a little shoveling. Especially now that retired and "Don't have to" shovel. lol Is about 25 here now. Actually, went about all of last week with lows in low 30's. Todays high should be in the low to mid sixty's. "Harley Ride". lol Hope everyone has a pleasant and safe day. Smile!!! "Spring is on the way".
Old 02-19-2015, 08:06 AM   #657

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good morning it's cold all over Texas 25 here dayummm... cows are pissed they hate this weather too they pick the worst nites to calf and mine are calving big time . The coyotes love to eat the calfs crap from the new borns ... They just walk through the herd of cows like they know what they are doing ... My cows are perty wild if the coyotes don't be have they wouldn't last long.. I've never lost a calf or cow to coyotes . Waiting for the grass to flush so we can leave for a while now I can put out enough hay for about three days (short trips) .. Coffee is gone feeding time Ya'll have a great day !!
Old 02-19-2015, 08:16 AM   #658

Good morning all.
Had a great day with my grandson yesterday.

I'm up early today!
Decided to take the wife to a dinner and a movie theater to see the American Sniper movie for lunch today.

A cool little place where you sit in big recliners and they wait on you in your seat while you watch a movie on a big screen.
I think there are only 8 other people going to be there with us. Early Matinée movies are like that. No screaming kids or teenagers with cell phones texting each other.