Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-27-2016, 07:54 AM   #6595

Goooodmorning all y’all!!!

I had a wonderful Thanksgiving, now my daughter’s on her way back to LA and I’ll be spending some time today with my son before I depart Denver in the rolling earthquake tomorrow morning.

Lynne I loved your remarks about the gunshop guy and his misassumptions regarding woman. A used car salesman made the mistake once of talking down to my wife when we were looking at purchasing a used BMW. “Oh, you (a woman) know how to drive stick shift?” Gail had that “look” on her face, so when we climbed into the car for the test drive I told the salesman to sit up front so he could help coach Gail through the stick shift process. Things went smoothly until she smoked the tires leaving the parking lot, wound the engine up to the red-line, and then gave him whiplash when she hammered second gear with a no-clutch shift, after a series of high speed S-curves I thought the poor sap was going to be throwing up out the window. We never did buy the car, Gail just smiled sweetly and told him that she wanted something that had more pep.

Today I’m hoping to meet with a fellow I know who owns a high-end antique gun restoration business. We met a number of years ago pheasant hunting in Kansas and I’m hoping maybe I can do a little work for him this summer. I’m very good at freshening up guns. Not restoration, but simply making them look nice enough so your friends don’t tease you. What the Japanese call wabi-sabi, the acceptance of transience and imperfection by leaving much of the hard earned patina as is. Even though he deals in high end guns and restoration, I’m sure he gets his share of guns that just aren’t worth a total restoration, but are excellent wabi-sabi candidates.

I hope all you are continuing to have a wonderful holiday season!

Steve
Geocritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-27-2016, 09:07 AM   #6596

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning All, MK, nice pics! Here in upstate NY we used to go snow riding we would pick seasonal use roads and get up on top and ride! we'd get stuck alot but we all had big winches . It got so I would change my tires to my sand drag tires they were super scoopers and real wide and put the paddle tires up front, man could we throw snow and go . We also used to drag race on ice up to Lake George and Summit lake here in Schoharie County. I had a funny car with a jeep body it took all of the lake to slow it down Our tires were wide mudders with the rubber ground off and 1/4" bolts sharpened run thru, we had to run tubes of course. Lloyd, prayers going for Debbie. CW, lots of running, gotta do what ya have to do. Frank, getting everything done is probley kinda fun, right up my ally would like to be there to help. Tim, looks like your settling in, Nice!. Steve, nice to spend time with family hope your meeting with the gun guy goes well. Lynne, I wish you where closer, Eleanor has her CCW but it's tough getting out there to practice. Everyone have a great day.
Old 11-27-2016, 05:20 PM   #6597

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Thanks for the offer Terry, one of these days I might justr take you up on the offer.
Well got just about everything done, they are coming in the morning to scrub the carpets in the 5er, then we will take some pics and take her to the storage lot. Will post her for sale on Craigs list in the next couple days. I scrubbed the roof and gave her a quick wash today, had to scrub the front cap to get all the hickory nut stains off, had to use a clorox spray with oxy clean and a green scotch brite kitchen pad with a lot of elbow grease. Rita just got back from doing laundry and Dad came over earlier to help me get the car hooked up the way he had it.
Steve,
Glad that you had a nice family visit, hope that you can make a deal with your acquaintance to help out both of you.
have a great evening all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 08:16 PM   #6598

Hi All!

Tim, where are you all riding your bicycles? Around the park? Or is there easy riding outside the park? Thinking about bringing ours.

Steve, Debbie would be insulted as well. Her first car was a 1958 International 1 ton with a 4 speed. 4wd. Modern vehicles are a cake walk.

L.
Old 11-28-2016, 05:06 AM   #6599

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Mid 50's this morning, going to the low 80's with lots of sunshine. Perfect day to go to our temporary home. Went out to a local Mexican restaurant for dinner last night with our friends, had a good time and a good meal(just what we needed MORE FOOD).
Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 05:40 AM   #6600

Morning all!

40° here. Supposedly we have rain in the forecast, maybe inches in the next 2 days. We need it very badly. Last rain I recall was end of August. And there wasn't much all summer before that.

Frank, safe travels with Goldie to your new temp home. Bet you will smile all the way!

Debs sugery is at 1pm, we have to be there by 11:15am. Plan is she will stay over one night, and come home late day tomorrow. Thanks for all the well wishes!

Have a great day all!

L.
Old 11-28-2016, 08:30 AM   #6601

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning
48 overnight and supposed to get close to 70 today.

Lloyd - park has new asphalt so riding in park is good. All level except for a few speed bumps. Janet and I will be riding out bikes.

Was supposed to be windy last night but did not last as long as predicted. Couple brief showers so the ground is damp. Dead calm right now and quite nice outside.

Have a wonderful day.
Old 11-28-2016, 05:47 PM   #6602

Forest River Owners Club
Good evening. The coffee was good this morning. 50 degrees with rain here. Clear skies for tomorrow and close to 60 forecast. One camper who is hiking the Ozark Trail tomorrow. Hope everyone is well. Good luck on Deb's surgery!

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 11-28-2016, 08:40 PM   #6603

Prayers sent

Prayers sent for a good surgery for Deb. I have multiple herniated discs on my back and neck. Never had surgery. Some I got working as a Licensed Practical Nurse. Went to an estate sale near my home. Came home with a HD upright Eureka vaccum in near new condition. The belt was broken. Paid five dollars and spent$11.00 for belts and hepa bags. DH got a tin snip tool for $2.00. Says they have a straighter blade than what he already owns. Something for everyone. Spent the afternoon raking leaves in my back yard. Filled 14 30 gallon bags. 90%of the leaves are from my neighbors tree. Can you say pain/heating pad to back and left knee. The rest of the week will be rain. Going to make some homemade Pazells for a Christmas party on Saturday. Our Good Sam Camping club. DH helped me rake leaves and a little help from DD. Had to tear her away from her electronic games!! Take care Ann
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 04:36 AM   #6604

I love the sound of a good hard rain in the morning. It makes the coffee better when sitting under an awning.
Old 11-29-2016, 06:25 AM   #6605

Morning all!

RAINING HERE! YEA!

I am bedside with Deb at the hospital. Surgey went well, except she had more scaring then they expected, and in the process of cleaning that up the surgeon teared her dura,,, resulting in a loss of some spinal fluid. Therefore she has to stay flat on her back till noon today, and then over 3-4 hours can work her way to sitting up. She will also need to stay and extra night, not going home till tomorrow. All is good. Full recovery expected and she has not pain in her legs so the fix overall worked!

Sure hope the fires in the smokeys get handled, some of our favorite places to visit are under threat!

Gordon, thanks, we are going to try and fit our bikes in the load! Getting crowded in our little trailer!!!

Have a great day all!

L.
Old 11-29-2016, 06:42 AM   #6606

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Always good to hear a surgery went well.....and prognosis is good.

Deb will be in our prayers......

Glenn
Old 11-29-2016, 06:59 AM   #6607

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Lloyd, give Deb our best, and glad the pain in her legs is better already! Glad you are getting rain!
Man, the fires in Tn. sound bad! Hope they get them under control soon! Maybe the rain will move up to Tn. and help with the fires!
Everyone have a great day! Rail!
Old 11-29-2016, 07:15 AM   #6608

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone;
Lloyd - great that the pain in Debs legs is gone. Hope the healing process is quick and complete.

Things to bring:
- bicycles
- motorcycle
- golf clubs
- skis (if you are interested in downhill at SLC)

52 overnight. Supposed to get to high 60 again today. Was warmer than predicted yesterday as it got into the 70 (according to my thermometer)

Going for 4 more implants today. Janet - not me! I am getting a haircut though.

Hope everyone has a grand day.