Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-07-2016, 06:21 AM   #6679

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
24° in the Heartland this morning........winter is about a week too early for me.

Was out pre-dawn to lower the flag to half staff - - the telescopic pole is frozen.

Not wanting to heat the RV for another week, I winterized a couple days ago - - we leave for warmer climates in a week......

Woe is me!! Not really........LOL

Just have to go into the below freezing plan - - a little more work but as I was taught and preached to and preached at for years, "Over come and adapt".

Although staying above freezing for one more week would have been nice.......just saying'...

g
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-07-2016, 06:41 AM   #6680

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
morning,
currently 50
partly cloudy,
Dunkin Donuts coffee.
Its the best in my book and was on sale at Sam's. $14.00lbs
YUM!
Went to Lake Hascavu City yesterday Med check 350
miles R/T real beautiful ride there and back. Stopped at Albertson and bought a couple T-bones
Stopped at Quartzsite on the way home to visit with a couple we met last year and they are not down yet. So we headed home and got home a little late for t/bones on the grill (mouth watering) maybe just have um for breakfast.? ? ? ?
I see a bunch of newbees...here in vintage. so

Have got too use the new propane grill and works better than the one I bought at a flea market by far. Its all stainless steel.
Still working on Christmas lights. Pic's to follow.
Those on the road be safe,
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Tim.
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 06:50 AM   #6681

Goooodmorning all y’all!!!

It’s still dark but another sunny Arizona day is expected. My morning coffee is delicious. When I spent Thanksgiving with my kids in Denver my daughter gave me two 2-lb bags of Costco coffee beans, excellent beans and at $5/lb you can’t beat the price!

Yesterday I went on a +4 mile hike with the Sierra Vista hiking club. It was nice renewing my friendships with those folks. Everyone loved my new furry companion. The only disappointment I’ve had with my return to southeastern Arizona is that quail hunting’s been terrible. I’ve perused a few hunting websites and it appears the lack of birds in this area is universal. It’s upsetting for me because getting my young dog on lots of birds is critical in his training and I can’t afford to purchase pen-raised birds to augment the lack of wild birds. Anyhow, it’s still beautiful country and my new dog is a great companion, I just kind of feel like I’m letting the little guy down. What most non-bird hunters don’t realize is that after a while watching the dog hunt for the birds is more fun than the shooting. Many guys, after getting one or two birds for the evening meal, will continue hunting but purposely miss their shots, simply getting their enjoyment from watching their dog in action.

Sorry to hear folks here are still having health issues. I guess we’re all at that age. For my part I’m doing okay so far but may have knee surgery in my future. When I was a kid I messed up my left knee and for the past few years it’s been coming back to haunt me. I’ve never been a graceful person, just a big lumbering guy. However, God in his wisdom gave me a very durable body. I’m sure he figured I’d need it LOL!

Steve
Geocritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 07:46 AM   #6682

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning,

Coffee is good this am and it is 30* out. Supposed to get in teens soon here. Yippee! Still green out and no problems driving.

Bap, You take it easy. God and the surgeons can only do so much, you need to do your part too. Please! We want you good and still making some amazing RV rebuilds.

Glad to hear the Ladies are improving. We each need those prayers sooner or later and it's great that this group is here to take care of that. So, prayers out to each who need it.

Are you done with your Christmas shopping yet? I haven't even started. Going to put up the trees today though so I better get going. Cookie making is Saturday with the daughter. Boy is it coming fast. Less than three weeks.

You all take care and hug someone, you both need it. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 08:44 AM   #6683

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good evening everyone!
Well, glad iRV2 got the mobile app working as it should again!
I and a expat friend from Australia took a short road trip today over to Chiang Mai. I bought a rocker from a couple that were leaving Thailand so i got a very good deal! We also had some expat food ( fish and chips) and went to a store that has a lot of expat foods, so i stocked up on some pot pies, tamalies, enchaladas, and some Thai grown coffee beans! It is nice to have a variety in my diet! I love the Thai food, but a change is good too!
I now have internet TV, and canceled the sat. TV that only had 25 or so english speaking channels and lots of commercials! Now i have thousands, and all of the newest movies, that aren't even in the theaters here yet! And the best part, no monthly fees, ever! As long as i have internet, i have all the TV and movies i could ever want! So i will pack the little box back to the U.S., and not use the sat. and Dish Network that i have in Mona! All i will do is activate the Verizon hot spot for the internet, and i will be all set up! And i would have done that anyway!
Well, everyone that is hurting and healing up, prayers are coming your way, and everyone have a great day!
Rail!
Old 12-08-2016, 05:17 AM   #6684

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Had to run back to Brooksville yesterday and didn't have timew to get on here in the morning, too tired by the time we got home. Rita got fitted for a knee brace and we had to go get it yesterday, seems to work pretty good, she did quite a bit of walking yesterday and her knee was still good last night with no pain. Hopefully, this will postpone the knee replacement for a while.
Lloyd,
We saw a lot of turtles, birds and fish, the water is crystal clear and you can see the bottom all the way. There were a couple of otters playing in the water when we were eating, which was neat.
The park is coming along, the were laying sod along the first sites, supposed to start concreting the approaches to the sites starting Monday, which means a couple weeks and hopefully we can move back in.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 06:17 AM   #6685

Morning all!

48° here, but hear we have a nasty cold front coming through that will take us to the mid-twenties tonight.

Our ginger bread house is coming along, baked the last batch last night, some assembly to go today and then decorating. Fun indoor project for the 2 of us that should be a hit at the family party this weekend.

Today I hope to get some yard work done. Got some leaves to get moved,,, a few trees I cut down that need the wood picked up etc.. Should keep me busy all day.

Frank your float sounds nice. The otter must have been cool to see. I guess you didn't see any gators? wonder how many of them saw you?

36 more days and we should be back on the road..... Yuma bound. Going to make a few stops along the way planned arrival in 51 days. Can't wait, getting tired of the weather here (which sounds wimpy compared to what some of you are dealing with)

Have a great day all!
Old 12-08-2016, 09:09 AM   #6686

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd in S.C. View Post
Morning all!

48° here, but hear we have a nasty cold front coming through that will take us to the mid-twenties tonight.

Our ginger bread house is coming along, baked the last batch last night, some assembly to go today and then decorating. Fun indoor project for the 2 of us that should be a hit at the family party this weekend.

Today I hope to get some yard work done. Got some leaves to get moved,,, a few trees I cut down that need the wood picked up etc.. Should keep me busy all day.

Frank your float sounds nice. The otter must have been cool to see. I guess you didn't see any gators? wonder how many of them saw you?

36 more days and we should be back on the road..... Yuma bound. Going to make a few stops along the way planned arrival in 51 days. Can't wait, getting tired of the weather here (which sounds wimpy compared to what some of you are dealing with)

Have a great day all!
We also plan on being in the Yuma area late January. The current plan is to stop in Camp Verde to grab dad and the Casita. Then we want to visit Quartzite and Yuma.

Dad sold his MH and toad early this year because his eyesite is failing. Ninety and stuff happens. He sold cheap as a package deal and we never thought about a toad because we were using the fifth wheel. July we bought Jane and sold the fifth wheel. When we went to Az in August we took the Casita behind Jane so dad would have his own apartment in the woods. The Casita stays in Camp Verde now and we can take dad with us when we go off grid.

Last night we picked the last of the oranges on our Satsuma trees. This year for some crazy reason one of them went bonkers, literally hundreds of oranges. We've had the trees, two of them, since 1993. Total production for all those years is probably no more than one hundred. Then this year the one tree becomes a huge shrub bent over to the ground with oranges. I just looked out at it and once again it looks like a tree with all the fruit gone. It's in the low thirties with a stiff north wind, darn Okies can't maintain a fence for squat. Tonight it will be in the twenties and the orange trees will be covered with blankets, key to their survival in north Texas.

The reason we're not sure exactly when we'll be in Az is first and foremost, Herceptin infusion schedule. We were just thrown at least a week out of cycle because of echocardiogram results. If the echo next week is bad again then we'll be either off schedule even more or off of it all together. Herceptin is like rat poison for the Her2+ PR+ breast cancer. Without it we are using the proverbial 22 with rat shot when it comes to defending ourselves from another visit by the cancer.

Fire is roaring in the fireplace insert which is like an anchor attached to the belt when it comes to venturing out to work on Jane. When I went out to get the paper I looked at the pecan trees and they've lost all of their leaves, Okies and fences once again.......
Old 12-08-2016, 10:47 AM   #6687

This is some of last night's bounty. Yes, your eyes are not deceiving you, there are lemons in the photo, we have a lemon tree too.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4685.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	222.0 KB
ID:	146259  
Old 12-08-2016, 03:30 PM   #6688

Winnebago Owners Club
Tim, Joe, Janet and I will be here waiting for you in Yuma. We'll leave a light on.

Sounds like a good time to crank up the grill.
Old 12-08-2016, 03:32 PM   #6689
cwk

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Good evening, everyone!

Just a quick dinner break, then back to the pre-Christmas rush at work.

Sounds like things are going pretty well for most everyone. A couple of minor issues, some major renovations, and some medical items, are in our prayers.

Popeye, where are you? We miss you. Hope everything is ok.

Later...
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 05:37 AM   #6690

Morning all!

30° here, it did not get as cold as they said,,,, but its plenty cold for me. Clear skies Carolina blue at the moment.

Harv, we will have to keep track of each other, maybe meet. We will leave here around the 15th of Jan, headed to Quartzsite. However we have no set schedule to get there. I plan to make a few stops, maybe New Orleans, the Houston space center, and San Antonio. We have no reservations in Quartzsite, we have reservations in Yuma for Jan 28.

Tiny little town we live in is having their Christmas celebration tonight. We are planning to go. Should be fun. There is only like 8 businesses in town,,, one is a dinner and we plan to eat there.

Had a structural problem with the ginger bread house and it set us back a day on construction. Dang, these build projects always come down to the last moment. Someone in engineering is to blame!

Have a great day all!

L.
Old 12-09-2016, 06:39 AM   #6691

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
The cold front made it down here too, it was in the mid 40's this morning, only going to the upper 50's today. Tonight going to be in the low to mid 30's, but then back up into the 70's for 3 or 4 days until the next front comes through, so not too bad for December.
Charles,
Don't work too hard, I understand about taking care of your customers, but keep it within reason., Are you sure that you guys want a coach and not a 5th wheel? I just happen to know where a real nice unit, truck and all is for sale, lol.
Lloyd,
When are you planning on heading back to the house from Yuma? We are going to be heading North towards the end of April for my 50th class reunion and Rita's granddaughter's high school graduation. If you are going to be around we were going to stop for a couple days to visit, if you want.
Harvey,
Nice looking lemons there, fresh squeezed lemonade and fresh lemon meringue pies come immediately to mind, lol. Are you planning on going to the Meet and Greet in August?We would sure like to meet you in person.Thoughts and prayers go out for the health issues.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 08:09 AM   #6692

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone;
51 overnight, high 70 for today, warmer into the weekend and next week.

Heading home for Christmas. Currently highs of -11F there plus wind chill. Going to be a bit of environmental culture shock. Global warming? Global warming seems to be the PC validation for the tax on carbon.

Looking forward to coordination of a mini meet and greet in Yuma.

Hope everyone has a great day.