Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-19-2015, 08:57 AM   #659

Good morning everyone....Curtis that is an amazing movie I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-19-2015, 09:32 AM   #660

Winnebago Owners Club
Hi All;
Another interesting morning. I ended up being the returning officer for the election of Activity Committee Members for our park. Will spend the day preparing ballots, etc.

This is one of the first elections that are not by acclimation so have to make sure all is transparent. Already rumors about factions forming. Seniors daycare!!

Bit cloudy at the moment but supposed to clear and get to 89. Crank the icemaker up!

Old 02-19-2015, 09:48 AM   #661

Fleetwood Owners Club
Burrrrr it's cold, down to 11 last night and more sleet/snow coming BUT the coffee is good and I just sleep in till now so not all is bad! Need weather to clear up, got a logger that needs to get in woods and finish up so I can finish a fence! Good morning!
Old 02-19-2015, 12:03 PM   #662

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ha, I slept in too.
+1
Feels Like +1
So the weather man say's. Sunny though.
I feel for all those that are still working, Honest, I miss it.
Pushing a vac around has no comparison.
One of the girls got sick in 4 different spots early this morning so I got that to look forward too. She did something else in 2 bedrooms but I won't go there.
Good coffee this morning/afternoon.
Have a good one,
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 05:01 PM   #663

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good evening All,

Coffee was good this morning and an absolute necessity on the drive to w--k. It was -12 on the drive in. BURRRRRRRRRR! I want to move somewhere warm and I don't want to wait another 3 yrs. I want it now. OK, rant over.

I guess they are calling for this cold for the next month. Oh Bother! Well, have a good night, see ya Saturday morning, Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 11:28 PM   #664

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good morning everyone! Coffee is good today! I also slept in, till 9am! I am back home from the trip to Kuala Lumpur. It was a very productive trip, got my visa taken care of, a lot of walking, and went to a temple that was in a cave, up 242 stairs! It was quite the climb! The name was "Batu Cave" Then, when we got back to Chiang Mai, we decided to renew my drivers license while we were there, and it was a very painless process! It is now good for 5 years! Driving over here is a trip, cars are right hand drive, and you drive on the left side of the road!
I see the weather is still not giving anyone a break!!!
Hot here, high 94* low 60*
That freezing rain can be very dangerous, and the cold temps have to be wearing on everyone! Everyone stay warm! Rail!
Old 02-20-2015, 07:07 AM   #665

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
94 now that's too hot. At least for me. Is it humid too? Can't take the humidity just like the cold...
We got about a inch overnight, currently
+9 and lite snow
Feels like -5
So the Weather man says.
Might be +19 tomorrow
I know about driving in a foreign country I drove over in Germany when in the service,
5 ton tactical
5000 gal tanker,
2500 Diesel 2500 Jet fuel
They tend to stay away from you!!!!
Coffee is Good as usual.
Have a Great Friday and a wonderful weekend people,
Tim
Old 02-20-2015, 07:16 AM   #666

Gulf Streamers Club
Good morning all. 59 degrees here this am. Coffee/cocoa good. Fixin to go to physical therapy. Today is the day wife Rebecca retires. 30 years working for the State of Texas. Today is going to be a good day.

ronspradley
Life's too short to drink cheap beer.
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 07:39 AM   #667

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronspradley View Post
Good morning all. 59 degrees here this am. Coffee/cocoa good. Fixin to go to physical therapy. Today is the day wife Rebecca retires. 30 years working for the State of Texas. Today is going to be a good day.

ronspradley
Congrat's Ron and Rebecca, now the time has come!! I know you guys have been waiting for this change! Enjoy! I hope everything goes as expected on your trip up to Dallas for the dyno run!
You all are waking up, and I am getting ready to close the store, and hit the sack!
I watched a few of the weather channel's video's on all the snow in the north east!! Wow! Glad I missed all that!
I have a bunch of trucking buddies that keep me posted on the weather back home, and I am glad I am here! And, yes, it is humid, but not quite as bad up here in the mountains! I am used to it, and usually all I have on me is a fan! When it gets too hot we turn on the a/c!
Everyone have a great day! Rail!
Old 02-20-2015, 07:42 AM   #668

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronspradley View Post

ronspradley
Congrats to Rebecca, and Ron! That opens the road and calendar to so many things. Now get going before everyone finds you have a spare moment and want you to do something!

Good morning!
Old 02-20-2015, 08:05 AM   #669

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning Everyone, Congrats Rebecca and Ron have a great time . -8 this am, wind chill 25* to 40* below . not doing much today, now where's my coffee?
97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 08:11 AM   #670

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Congrats to the wife, and enjoy the next chapter of your lives.
Congrats Rebecca and Ron
Tim
Old 02-20-2015, 09:28 AM   #671
bap

yes congrats rebecca,,,,now your life can begine anew,,,,

we are still negative 10 got down to 20 below last night and we were among 180thousnd that lost power,,,,for the whole night,,,,man it was cold in the house and still is the temp in the house is still in the 40s as i type this at 10:18am,,,
we had calls all night from people without power....
but its a sunny day and were going up to 25 for our high,,,warmer than it has been all week,,,,heat wave....lol,,,,,,honestly its been so cold i think it has affected our internet,,,just locks up..takes awhile to type and reply.....
Old 02-20-2015, 12:27 PM   #672

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkohler30 View Post
Good morning everyone....Curtis that is an amazing movie I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
It was a great movie! And our dinner theater was the only way to go. Food was great and the service was excellent. Imagine laying back in a big comfy electric recliner in front of a big screen with amazing sound and having someone come at your becon call with only the push of a button on your chairs arm to serve you anything you wanted. From the Bar or restaurant!

I highly recommend "Movie House & Eatery" if you have one near you.

A few things I spotted in the Movie that I have some criticism for.

One, It was hard to follow a timeline. He was in Afghanistan one second, then in the US after his Tours the next second. Only once did he mention his Tour being up in 3 weeks. The rest were not even mentioned or eluded to.
And he was there 4 tours!

I was confused as to how long he was at either location. And when he returned for another tour it was like, here today, gone tomorrow and how did he get back to the War? When My Dad and Brothers deployed we all counted down the days until they were home safe! I know they did too! They didn't even bother to mention Chris's time left in Country but that one time.

Plus the Baby was obviously a doll, as in fake and obviously plastic. You would have thought that with that budget, they could have at least invested in a more flexible doll. More realistic!

Or even a real baby for the 10 seconds. It being stiff as a board just made the movie feel so "B" movie grade for those scenes.

But, it was still a great move that all America loving Americans should see. It helped my wife understand some of the things Soldiers see in War Time.

I was on the side of the road on I-35 during the Funeral Procession for Chris and to see that footage on the screen brought back all the emotions I felt that day. The tears, aching heart, the utter despair I felt of losing one of our best, was worth the cold, wet ride I took down on my motorcycle to honor him. It was a moving experience to see others who felt like I did. Our Nation came out to say good bye to our Hero!

I can only imagine that is what my Dad felt when Audie Murphy was killed.
My Dad and Audie were friends, but I don't remember the details of how they met. Since Dad was Army Air Corp and Audie was regular Army. But, I remember Dad talking to him on the phone a few times. Dad's eyes always sparkeled when they chatted.

Maybe that's why I felt there should have been a little more effort put into the details of his Human side of Chris's life and Family.

The leaving the Family to fight, the counting down of when he got to see his loved ones safe again, the tender moments. The anxiety of his family before his next Deployment.

Still, I will buy that movie when it comes out.

And just so you guys know, I grew up in the Shadow of Military Heroes!
I was a Military Brat. Chuck Yager, Bud Anderson and Col. Jimmy Stewart and many others were household names when I was 5.

The Name John Wayne was a dirty name under our roof because of his Draft Dodger Status. So many of Hollywoods Elite put their Careers on hold and lives on the line to go fight.
I refuse to watch any JW Movie! Mainly because his Character was always the War Heroes in his films.

One of my good friends is a retired Navy Seal! Others are retired Para Rescue Soldiers and Marines. Fortunitly for me my College and the end of the War saved me from going!

My Apologies for the Off Topic today, but understand that I have a great love and respect for our Soldiers and Military. I am proud to shake the hands of those who serve and have served. Thank you for your Service!

Time for more Coffee and Kleenex!