Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-12-2016, 11:41 PM   #6735

winter weather

I have had cancer four times and consider myself lucky to have received good medical care. It is all just a faded memory. Crazy drivers that forget how to drive in the winter. DH was getting the truck rustproofed and the owner does tow truck calls. He said this guy with a new truck plowed into a tree or telephone poll. His vehicle was totaled. Good $ this time of year for tow truck operators. Our insurance agent says they have many claims for 4x4 vehicles in the winter. 4x4 doesn't mean you can drive fast in the winter. My one DR. used to live in NJ. Many were afraid to drive in the winter. The hospital administrator would go and pick up the DRS forwork. Some of my local hospitals provide 4x4 rides to make sure all the staff can get in. We are going to get extremely cold weather. I'm just going to stay in on Christmas evening and stay warm. Harley,My grand parents had a cottage at Lake George. So I am familiar with the area you live in.
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-13-2016, 05:33 AM   #6736

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
I feel for all of you up in the path of the storm and with the arctic air that is following. We are going Kayaking today st Silver Springs right outside of Ocala, Plenty og wildlife along this float, birds, turtle, gators, even monkeys. Finished the carrier yesterday, will get a pic up soon. Also got the satellite up and running on the tripod. I like the pushing a button better like on the 5er.
All those that have to be out on the road, stay safe and dress warm,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 05:59 AM   #6737

Gulf Streamers Club
Morning all. Looks like y'all have managed to start sending some of that cool weather to Texas. High Saturday is 75, High Sunday 40. Sure wish I had time to get in MH and head to warmer weather. Everyone stay safe and warm.

ronspradley
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 06:08 AM   #6738

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning, 26* this am, going to get cold for a couple of days, Lynne, it seems you and I get the same weather, only you get it a couple days sooner, be safe, it turns ugly fast this time of year. Sam, Glad you had good care, Cancer takes far too many too soon, When we had the shop this time of year was always extremely crazy, everybody would wait till the last minute to put their snow tires on, batteries died because of the cold, customers getting stuck and messing up their cars then they wanted them fixed like yesterday, Ohhh I don't miss that at all, throw in the paperwork that had to be done and you had 16hr or more days. Frank, have fun on your Kayak trip you fought the ice and cold too we will be there some day, . Well I think we are mostly ready for what winter will throw at us, got the winter tires on Eleanor's buggy yesterday, that was the last item on the list.
Old 12-13-2016, 06:16 AM   #6739

Good Morning all!

46° here, gray sky.

The cargo heater is fixed. The new thermal fuse arrived, and I crimped it in place (can't solder gets too hot for solder) and the unit works as designed. I installed it back in the coach, and it worked there. Don't really have a easy way to test the thermostat,,,, supposed to come on at 38°. Yesterday is was colder than that. This will be handy when we leave mid-January, if the temps are below freezing here we can in-winterize and travel with our furnace and this unit on.

Sam, you are lucky! Four times is a strong record.

Frank, enjoy the kayaking.

Today I plan to go hit our Lowes, I am looking for material to re-do our entry stairs on the coach. The kick plates and side walls of the stair well are a cream colored carpet, and it is showing its age. Would like to find some hardwood or something that goes with our current cabinets etc..

Have a great day all.

L.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20161212_113444_resized.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	213.8 KB
ID:	146626  
Old 12-13-2016, 12:23 PM   #6740

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Morning,
Currently 74 and Sunny, yep 74 and sunny :blush !!!!!
Coffee is pretty tasty.
Got another new neighbor a HR Endeavor 40 footer a real beauty.
Jordon the park got a new tractor, a Kubota, its not real big but has a bucket on the front. Hope your drive is doing well.
I talked to my brother this morning and he said - 9 and wind-chill -20...
Got ta get going have to find a pair of shorts to wear with a t-shirt.
Those on the road be safe,
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year,
Tim
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	FB_IMG_1449593374141.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	146637   Click image for larger version

Name:	20161207_182721.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	190.3 KB
ID:	146638  

Name:	20161207_182746.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	207.2 KB
ID:	146640  
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 12:49 PM   #6741

Just a short check in.
Still cold and just gettin' colder. About 6-7" of snow yesterday.
Mom and myself are hangin' in there. The rig doesn't get full sun all day so I'm going to have to charge the batteries , especially if it goes to neg temps like predicted. (I wish we could build a wall on the Canadian border and block the cold air,,,,,,I'm sure they want one on their northern border too !!) The weather channel said it's actually coming from Siberia ! Thanks Russia!

I have been reading the forum just not much data on my card so not posting much.

If you're someplace warm , stay cool.
If you're someplace cold , stay warm.
If you are doing med stuff , get well soon.
And if this sounds like voicemail at least you don't have to figure out which number to press !
Old 12-13-2016, 02:35 PM   #6742
cwk

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvpopeye View Post
Just a short check in.
Thanks for checking in. Great to hear from you. A few of us might have been leaning towards being concerned. I understand the data card issue. That is what we use. Resources sometimes need to be allocated for more important things: like heat. Stay safe!!!
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 05:25 PM   #6743
bap

gooodevening everyone,,

same here just checking in,,,not a lot going on here except the same o same just a different day----ohhh but this is our anniversary so that makes it an awesome day,,,cant belive she has kept me this long,,,lol,,,

everyone up there in that big cold front snuggle up and stay warm,,,,everyone down there in the heat stay kool,,,we are still on the roller coaster with the temps,,a few days 50s a few days 30s ..been great temps for outside working,,,not 70 but waaay better than 10..

well DEBBIE just finished a big ol pot of chilie,,time to get me a bowl,,,

have a great evening gang,,

bap
Old 12-13-2016, 09:54 PM   #6744

My crazy 60th Birthday

Picked DD up from HD. Took her to Arbys for food. Her dad ordered a chocolate milk shake and was given a vanilla one. He got to keep both. Then I went to my usual medical supply place to get my C-papmask and to order new Mastectomy Bras. Next was Sams club so I could get my shingles shot. Fifteen minutes of the clerk typing in the computer and consulting with the Pharmacist. Your ins. company won't pay for the shot. You have to be 60yrs. old to get the shot. Next stop Walmart to pick up some RX and request a shingles shot. Had me approved in less than one minute. Just a 46dollar copay. I figured if I got shingles I would end up in Dermatology with a 30$co pay. Cash price for the shot is $225.00. Got home and had a message from the home care company stating that my ins. co would only let me have one bra. Called my ins. co and politely told them that I would have to wash the bra out each night and hope it airdried by each AM and would last 365 days. Now I'm requesting three bras.Always talk polite when you are stating your case. Kill them with kindness!! A couple weeks ago we went out to Olive Garden for lunch to celebrate all three of our birthdays in DEC..Last thing in the world I wanted was a baby born in DEC!! I have such a crazy exciting life.
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 03:48 AM   #6745

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Morning' all,

-1° - - - - this is stupid!!!!!

Everything's cold, including the coffee..........it is tough getting ready to travel to "warm" weather when it is stupidly cold out!! LOL No wind today - - that comes tomorrow when we start packing the motor home.........forecasting -20° with the wind......now that's more stupid!!!!! (Great grammar!! Hahahaha)

Could be worse I guess and I realize how lucky we are.....

Have a great day everyone.

g
Old 12-14-2016, 05:31 AM   #6746

Morning all!

46° here. BIG difference between here and Indy today. Not to long ago we were within 1 °. Those temps will encourage you to pack Indy, but not make it easy to do.

Sam, what a day. Our medical system stinks. First fix we should do is put those in office on the same plan as us. Kinda get their attention.

Our primary care doctor is opening a new practice Jan. 1st. Going out on his own frpm the practice he is in with 5-6 other doctors. No ins envolved, you pay a monthly fee/subscription and get all the personalized care you need. 24x7 availability, as many visits as needed etc.. During my last visit a few weeks ago he told be his support staff will have 3 less people just beacause he will not take insurance. No chasing after that paper work anymore. He is a great doctor. We are going to his open house to hear more about the service tomorrow. Not sure if we can afford it but going to check it out. You of course would still have your insurance, for hospital stays, Xrays, tests, etc..

Happy anniversary BAP! And many more!

Popeye, I got the same data problem. Going to run out before the end of month, granddaughter is here with 2 college friends who are waiting till their flights home for the holiday. One is from Ireland, very interesting to talk to.

Have a great day all!

L.
Old 12-14-2016, 06:10 AM   #6747

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Good to hear from Ron, Popeye, and Bap, We missed you guys.
Sam-3,
Frustrating for sure, dealing with insurance companies. Glad that you got everything settled.

We had a really good float yesterday, it was a beautiful day. Saw around 20 gators sunning themselves, some were pretty big. A ton of monkeys, turtles, and birds. It was around a 3 hr float. We then stopped at a wonderful BBQ restaurant for ribs, we had our fill and brought home enough for another meal. This afternoon we go pick up Stash from the vets, he is doing well, can't wait to get him home to see how he and Peanut will interact.
Have a great day all, those up north, stay warm and be careful,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 06:52 AM   #6748

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning,

5* this am. Haven't had coffee yet but heading there. This time of year we get a lot of influx from the homeless. Never have been able to understand how people can live outside in a winter state. What Popeye is doing to keep track of his Mama is hard enough, but outside without shelter. No idea.

Makes you realize how very blessed we really are. New furnace last year so not expecting any problems.

They are building a new cancer center across the street from the hospital and those guys are working out in this. Wow, just Wow!

Glad to hear most of you are doing well. Terry, it's coming your way and it is COLD! The wind of course makes it worse. Frank, love the idea of kayaking through areas where the wild critters live. Love Nature and it's beings.

Well, got lots to do today. Work really gets in the way of my life most every day. Darn it! Soon, Soon!

Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote