Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-19-2016, 06:38 AM   #6791

Morning all!

Was 41 when I got up at 7am,,,, but 40 now. Going the wrong way. We almost hit 70 yesterday.

Frank, the kayak carrier looks great. I like it! Goldie is looking sharp as well.

Gordon, glad the temps are a little more reasonable. Sorry about the damage to the house. We have a metal roof, and the first year we moved in we got about 2-3" of snow one evening. All was going well and we went to bed at about 10pm. At around 11pm, we awoke to a huge thunderous roar, (at least it seemed like it when you are suddenly awake) and the entire house shakes!!! We jumped up and thought what just happened. Eventually via the walk around and look method we realized all the snow on the back slide of the house had slid down the metal roof and landed on the back deck. It was nearly 3' deep with wet snow! LOL

wschaub, sorry you lost someone close. Sounds like you are falling on some tough times. Hang in there and keep at it, things will get better.

Have a great day all!

L.

Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-19-2016, 06:48 AM   #6792

Yeah. Good morning from Louisiana. Fireplace and coffee mornings over here for the next several days.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1482155293916.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	147022  

davendeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 12:30 PM   #6793

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Good morning!!

Finally have temps above freezing for the 1st time in 3 weeks

Maybe now I can get some things done without having to thaw my fingers every 20 min.

Getting ready for the holidays which means I need to make some candy. f I don't they may not let me have dinner.

Zooooommmmm!!!
1992 Country Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2 | YouTube | Twitter
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 04:44 PM   #6794

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Evening,

It was 4* this am and the coffee didn't help much. Burrr, I want spring!

Lynne
beamisl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 03:20 AM   #6795

Carolina Campers
Goooodmorning!!!

Good morning!

It is 5:16 AM. I should be sleeping, but awake....

They are going to upgrade me from TWC to DirectTV today. With the bundle price for TV, Internet, home phone and cell I am looking to save $5,500 over two years! Hope it works...

It will only get up to 48* today, but 50's to 60's is the forecast for the next 15 days... May need to head for FL for January and February, maybe even March...

Ok, going back to bed for a while...

Ted
Old 12-20-2016, 06:28 AM   #6796

Morning all!

38 here, very overcast. I think it is supposed to clear up.

Ted, we are nearly neigbors! That is my plan, after the holidays we are headed south west.

Anybody heard from Tim? Who is supervising him while Gordon is in the great white north?

I purchased a portable satellite dish, and yesterday went about getting it working in the coach. Using our DVR from the house which only takes a few minutes to unplug and reinstall in the coach. Other than the dish purchase, no other monthly costs. Anyway, got it working. It is a pain to get the dish aimed correctly (ours is made more difficult as we have HD tv, and multiple satellites involved) but it works. Will be great when we are spending more than a day or 2 in a site.

Today I have a few lighting projects to do. Converting florecents to LEDs. Plus adding a cockpit area light.

Have a great day all!

L.
Old 12-20-2016, 07:29 AM   #6797

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Coffee is good, weather is fair, we had a little much needed rain yesterday, today is about 15 cooler than yesterday, but still in the upper 60's.
Thanks Lloyd,
I copied the setup for the dolly from a few of the others from the park, modified it a bit to fit my kayak, I also used self tapping screws to hold all the joints together instead of gluing it, so if I break a piece, I can easily replace it.

A bunch of us are going to Dinner today for woodfired pizza and wings, can't wait, it is supposed to be very good.
Hope everything is ok with Tim.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 08:13 AM   #6798

Coffee is great today.....

Doing my monthly chemo today at MD Anderson got here early so we can use the wifi to update all our electronic devices....Lol

Been busy make goody gifts when we get home tonight I will start on the next 10 loaves of bread....

Hope all is well with everyone miss hearing from Tim and Steve too so I hope this season brings everyone tidings of joy...

Be good and enjoy life

Mk
Old 12-20-2016, 08:27 AM   #6799

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning everyone;
Tim is just fine. Heard from him yesterday. He does not need my supervision. He can get into enough trouble on his own without my help.

Just below freezing today so the temps are quite civilized. Unfortunately with the warmer temperatures the road are covered in salty slop. Have to go for a meeting this morning so the truck will need to be polished next spring. Looked good for a while at least.

Really interesting thing happened in the shed. With the cold weather any moisture was condensing on the bolts installed to hold the metal roofing on. Now that the day temperatures are close to freezing the sun shining on the dark roof are heating the bolts enough so the little balls of frost are dropping off. The floor is littered with little balls of ice. I was out yesterday while some of them were falling off. Neat to hear them ping off of the truck or the trailers stored out there.

I suppose the next task will be to finish the inside of the shed. Maybe???

Have a great day everyone.
Old 12-20-2016, 09:31 AM   #6800

Hi Gordon!

Given where we live,,,, the land of high humidity, that is a very big problem here. Our winter temps change constantly, and we rarely have low humidity.

When we built our barn, we used a insulation product that came in huge rolls. It comprised of plastic on one side, about 1" of fiberglass insulation, then perforated plastic on the bottom side. As it was rolled out and installed, (nailed with button head nails) we taped the seams with a special tape. The tin was then installed on top of it. Any condensation under the tin, runs down the plastic to the soffits and drips out.

It made installing the roof tin "real special", as once it was all installed,,, you could no longer see the trusses,,,,,, walking was challenging and scary.

Of course you cannot go that route now, but I wonder if there is a product you can use that will simply run in between the trusses that channels that moisture out of the building?

L.
Old 12-20-2016, 09:33 AM   #6801

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Good morning.....

46 and light rain this morning. Much better that the teens we had here for weeks.

Talked to my mother last night and its in the teens in Oklahoma, but it is going to warm up to the low 40's for a few days.

Went yesterday to load up the trailer from my storage unit. The place has ZERO parking for a rig and no way to go inside the gates with it as I could never get back out. SO had planned to park the rig at Costco across the street and shuttle things over via PU truck. HA! No parking spaces for a Yugo much less 62' of trailer and coach.

Perhaps if I had been able to get going yesterday before noon there would have been a chance. Going to try today. Hopefully they wont give me grief about taking up so much space. All these Christmas shoppers need to go home and stop hogging all the parking spaces and creating so much heavy traffic. For Pete sakes haven't they heard of Amazon? Sheesh!!

Wish me luck.

MK hope all goes well with your treatments.

Have a blessed day
1992 Country Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2 | YouTube | Twitter
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 09:35 AM   #6802
cwk

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Greetings, everyone!

Just a quick check-in. All is going well. Cold this morning at 45F. Expected high of 54F with possible rain. Raw and yucky. Oh, well. Better than ice on the roads.

Frank, Thanks for the explanations. We have a Tractor Supply about 25 miles from here, so don't get to visit too often. But, great store.

MK, Clever on updating the devices on their WIFI. We save our updates for when we visit the kids' S&B. They have unlimited data via cable.

Looking forward to a few days off, but we have a few more long days to get there.

Everyone, stay safe and be well!
Old 12-20-2016, 10:29 AM   #6803

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Morning,
currently 60,
It was so windy yesterday I had to take all the awnings down flag pole came down also. Most of the lights also. So I will start all over again. My friends from back home will be here on Thursday so I will be putting the site back together.
We got a fresh supply of Romaine and head lettuce yesterday. I wish some tomatoes would come but none so far.
I do have 2 on my patio plant. .
Detailed the caddie the other day its got static cling really bad and with the winds yesterday I had to wipe it down with a damp towel there so much sand sticking to the car. Always a good way to meet new neighbor's which came over to shoot the shxxT. Cleaned the carpet from the coffee that I spill all the time.
By the way the coffee is pretty good too.
A lot of new MH have come in this week some real beauties too.
The humming birds have found our feeder and there are 5-6 different ones coming thru out the day. They sure are pretty and fast.

Hey Frank,
nice looking MH WOW,
been looking at a couple HR that are parked close too us. They are pretty nice. I still like the SeeYa's its a tough decision.
Terrie,
There's a rig kind on the order of your build but the sleeper is huge and it must be a 40+ foot 5th wheeler he's pulling.
Lloyd
It won't be long now and you'll be enjoying the sunshine that this part of the country has too offer.
I've been told and do believe that Yuma is the sunniest place in the USA.
Hey where's rail, zipper and the others? Welcome to the Newbee's .
Merry Christmas and Happy New year.
Those on the road be safe,
Tim
spritz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 12:19 PM   #6804

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd in S.C. View Post
Hi Gordon!

Given where we live,,,, the land of high humidity, that is a very big problem here. Our winter temps change constantly, and we rarely have low humidity.

When we built our barn, we used a insulation product that came in huge rolls. It comprised of plastic on one side, about 1" of fiberglass insulation, then perforated plastic on the bottom side. As it was rolled out and installed, (nailed with button head nails) we taped the seams with a special tape. The tin was then installed on top of it. Any condensation under the tin, runs down the plastic to the soffits and drips out.

It made installing the roof tin "real special", as once it was all installed,,, you could no longer see the trusses,,,,,, walking was challenging and scary.

Of course you cannot go that route now, but I wonder if there is a product you can use that will simply run in between the trusses that channels that moisture out of the building?

L.
Our shed is cold storage with a gravel floor (15") sitting on a clay base. It sat open for the first year. We got behind because of excessive rain and then open for the winter. I suspect the gravel is drying out but not quite there yet. It is getting dryer as time goes on.

We used sheeting over the trusses and tar paper under the steel. Only the inside end walls have been sheeted (insulated and vapor barrier). Requirement because of the door configuration we have. The next option would be to install sheeting and insulation on the rest of the walls and on the ceiling. A friend has a line on some really economical plywood that would be fine to finish the inside. The question is can he get enough to finish all of the work.

I hope the amount of moisture will reduce over time as the inside of the shed gradually dries out. Bottom line it is just cold storage and the frost is only showing up on the ends of the bolts that are through the sheeting.