Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-29-2016, 10:00 PM   #6889

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Evening from Beaver UT.
Interesting day. Weather has improved but we drove through some very icy sections and a number of miles of blowing ground snow. Also encountered some fog for about 5 miles.

Had one guy decide he could finish his pass (divided highway) when he was about half way up on us. Horn did not deter him from finishing. Braked out of his way while laying on the horn. Don't think he was aware.

Should make it to the RV tomorrow. Be nice to get there.

Interesting meeting. Met a couple from our RV club in Dillon MT. They live in Calgary and had stopped at the same service station we fueled at. Took leave of them. Stopped for the evening in Beaver and they came into the same restaurant. Stars in the cosmos meeting?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-29-2016, 10:57 PM   #6890

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Gordon, i used to stop at the Truck Stop in Beaver, the one that is left of the interstate if you are going South, it is about 3/4 of a mile down on the right hand side! Way cheaper fuel than the J, and they cook up fresh chicken strips, all day long, and are the best to be had in the U.S.! I always got a sack of them, and would snack on them, make sandwich's, mmmmmmm good!! Hope your trip on south is smooth sailing the rest of the way! Rail!
Old 12-30-2016, 06:08 AM   #6891

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Chilly this morning, but it is almost January, cold tonight, then warm up again tomorrow, so not bad.
Tedgard01,
Nope, that campground is about 3/4 mile south of us. We are in Belle Park RV Resort.
Lloyd,
Thank you for the very kind words, The Managers know us, the owner, not so much.
Charles,
02 was before the delamination problem, and we don't have body paint, but a wrap. I didn't have it done but was on when I bought her. What you will see is like small pock marks or blisters, it is not like the normal delaminations. The good news is if there is any delamination, it will already have happened, so you won't have to worry about it happening after your purchase.
Gordon,
Glad that you missed the contact, may the rest of your trip back south be uneventful.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 06:14 AM   #6892

Good morning all!

35° here, blue sky! Cold front blew in here with some 25 -30 mph winds yesterday, supposed to maybe do the high 40's today.

Gordon, funny when things work out like that. We were like 300 miles from home about 4-5 years ago and stopped in a rest area in Virgina, and there was our friends daughter and her husband in the parking spot next to us! Small world. Safe travels!

CWK, you sure do drive a lot. The right coach is out there. It will be rare to find one that needs nothing, but you can do better than that one.

Have a great day all!

L.
Old 12-30-2016, 07:00 AM   #6893
cwk

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Good morning, all!

IT was 41.5F when I woke up at 6 AM. I worked in the office for an hour, then went back to sleep for an extra hour. When I checked again at 8:30 it was 39F. It's going the wrong way. Well, now the sun is out and it should reach 57F. Hey, this is Florida! It's not supposed to be cold! Well, we are in NORTH Florida.

Frank, Thanks for the info on the dates. I did not know that yours had a wrap. I obviously missed that when I read the online advertisement. It sure does look pretty. I just never thought about a wrap instead of a full paint job. I have more to learn.

Lloyd, Thanks for the words of encouragement.

I have been told by many here that when we find the right coach we will know it when we walk in. Well, we have been in many that the gut-feeling is "this is not it!" But, during the search we have learned a lot as well. So the education and the journey both continue.

Well, back to work...

Everyone, have a GREAT DAY!!!
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 09:13 AM   #6894

Winnebago Owners Club
When we were looking for one we had thought we found the right one. Floor plan was good and what we could see it was well kept but the seller didn't agree with the Inspection that I wanted done so the deal fell through. Not currently looking right now but I know when we start it will be a process but well worth it. I have learn a lot from the experienced ones here on the Goodmorning thread
Old 12-30-2016, 05:37 PM   #6895

Winnebago Owners Club
IMO the more units you look at the more discriminating you will be. Also makes the "right one" all the more obvious.

We are back at the coach. Today was a good drive. We did get held up almost an hour within 30 miles of the park. They are redoing the interstate and with the holiday traffic and the rain it was stop and go. No accidents thankfully. Did I mention it is raining? Nice to see how green the park looks with all of the dust washed off of the trees.

Going to sit and relax for a while. Then some dinner.

Have a great evening.
Old 12-30-2016, 05:41 PM   #6896

Winnebago Owners Club
Salty Joke

Not sure if this is the proper place to post this but what the hey!

The Electric Fence and the Lawnmower

If you have ever used an electric fence or know someone who has one you should read this. The language used is a bit salty, but 'he tells it like it is' without cursing.

If you don't laugh hysterically at this, CHECK YOUR PULSE...this is funny. This was sent by a retired dentist.
We have the standard 6 ft. fence in the backyard, and a few months ago, I heard about burglaries increasing dramatically in the entire city. To make sure this never happened to me, I got an electric fence and ran a single wire along the top of the fence.

Actually, I got the biggest cattle charger Tractor Supply had, made for 26 miles of fence. I then used an 8 ft. long ground rod, and drove it 7.5 feet into the ground. The ground rod is the key, with the more you have in the ground, the better the fence works.

One day I'm mowing the back yard with my cheapo Wal-Mart 6 hp big wheel push mower. The hot wire is broken and laying out in the yard. I knew for a fact that I unplugged the charger. I pushed the mower around the wire and reached down to grab it, to throw it out of the way.

It seems as though I hadn't remembered to unplug it after all.

Now I'm standing there, I've got the running lawnmower in my right hand and the 1.7 giga-volt fence wire in the other hand. Keep in mind the charger is about the size of a marine battery and has a picture of an upside down cow on fire on the cover. Time stood still.

The first thing I notice is my pecker trying to climb up the front side of my body. My ears curled downwards and I could feel the lawnmower ignition firing in the backside of my brain. Every time that Briggs & Stratton rolled over, I could feel the spark in my head. I was literally at one with the engine.

It seems as though the fence charger and the piece of **** lawnmower were fighting over who would control my electrical impulses.

Science says you cannot crap, pee, and vomit at the same time. I beg to differ. Not only did I do all three at once, but my bowels emptied 3 different times in less than half of a second. It was a Matrix kind of bowel movement, where time is creeping along and you're all leaned back and BAM BAM BAM you just crap your pants 3 times. It seemed like there were minutes in between but in reality it was so close together it was like exhaust pulses from a big block Chevy turning 8 grand.

At this point I'm about 30 minutes (maybe 2 seconds) into holding onto the fence wire. My hand is wrapped around the wire palm down so I can't let go. I grew up on a farm so I know all about electric fences ... but Dad always had those piece of **** chargers made by International or whoever that were like 9 volts and just kinda tickled.

This one I could not let go of. The 8 foot long ground rod is now accepting signals from me through the permadamp Ark-La-Tex river bottom soil. At this point I'm thinking I'm going to have to just man up and take it, until the lawnmower runs out of gas.

'Damn!,' I think, as I remember I just filled the tank!

Now the lawnmower is starting to run rough. It has settled into a loping run pattern as if it had some kind of big lawnmower race cam in it. Covered in poop, pee, and with my vomit on my chest I think 'Oh God please die .... Pleeeeaze die'. But nooooo, it settles into the rough lumpy cam idle nicely and remains there, like a big bore roller cam EFI motor waiting for the go command from its owner's right foot.

So here I am in the middle of July, 104 degrees, 80% humidity, standing in my own backyard, begging God to kill me. God did not take me that day .... he left me there covered in my own fluids to writhe in the misery my own stupidity had created.

I honestly don't know how I got loose from the wire ....

I woke up laying on the ground hours later. The lawnmower was beside me, out of gas. It was later on in the day and I was sunburned.

There were two large dead grass spots where I had been standing, and then another long skinny dead spot where the wire had laid while I was on the ground still holding on to it. I assume I finally had a seizure and in the resulting thrashing had somehow let go of the wire.

Upon waking from my electrically induced sleep I realized a few things:

1 - Three of my teeth seem to have melted.

2 - I now have cramps in the bottoms of my feet and my right butt cheek (not the left, just the right).

3 - Poop, pee, and vomit when all mixed together, do not smell as bad as you might think.

4 - My left eye will not open.

5 - My right eye will not close.

6 - The lawnmower runs like a sumbitch now. Seriously! I think our little session cleared out some carbon fouling or something, because it was better than new after that.

7 - My nuts are still smaller than average yet they are almost a foot long.

8 - I can turn on the TV in the game room by farting while thinking of the number 4 (still don't understand this???).

That day changed my life. I now have a newfound respect for things. I appreciate the little things more, and now I always triple check to make sure the fence is unplugged before I mow.

The good news is that if a burglar does try to come over the fence, I can clearly visualize what my security system will do to him, and THAT gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling all over, which also reminds me to triple check before I mow.
Old 12-30-2016, 06:29 PM   #6897

Gordon
I've actually heard that one before..............It's still funny !

Glad you survived your southbound adventure .
Lots of people out on the road this week weren't so lucky!
I just had the mother of all blizzards last night , even had lightning and thunder snow !
Rain @ 2" an hour , then Snow @ 5" an hour with 50mph wind.........................

All the rest of you ......... Happy New Year
Old 12-30-2016, 07:10 PM   #6898

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Evening,

Glad this last week at work is over. It's been awful! In fact, I don't work another day this year! I know, corny but true.

I have seen MH's with tow vehicle, kayaks, and bikes heading South this week. All when driving home from work so around 5pm. Seems kind of late but I guess it works. Saw a 5th wheel today and yesterday going in the same direction. Roads are dry and clean so no issues.

I've missed reading here so will try to catch up this weekend. Gun show tomorrow with Kay. We'll be gone all day and then I am gonna rest for two days before we get back at it again.

Weather is still back and forth so never know what we are going to get. One day wear a winter coat and the next a fall one, but I am liking that the snow melted away until the next time.

Hope all are doing well. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 04:53 AM   #6899

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Happy New Years Eve.....

"Houston, we have a problem!"

We are currently at Lazy Days RV Park in Tampa, it is 36°.

Home - way up north in Brownsburg, Indeeanner, our home, it is 39°.

What's wrong with this picture??????

Although Brownsburg will have a high of 42° and the Tampa area a high of 77°.....

Coffee IS hot this morning - Angie and I wish everyone a happy and safe New Years Eve........

Cya next year!!

Glenn
Old 12-31-2016, 05:39 AM   #6900

Morning all!

31° this morning, brrr!

Wonderful sunrise here this morning. Very pretty.

Gordon, very funny story. I never thought about a electric fence to manage humans!

Glenn, Lazy Day's is nice. Great facility. We were amazed at the scale of the place. Very large.

We head south in 15 days. Still have a lot to do to get ready. This will be the first time we have ever been away from home for more than 2-3 weeks. The plan is just short of 4 months.

Yesterday taking a lead from Frank and Rita's move to Goldie, we started in the back of the RV and took everything out of every cabinet and repacked, reorganized. We found stuff that could be stowed better, we found stuff we didn't need etc. Long story short we have 3 empty cabinets now. Last week I did the same with the basement, and I now have a 1/2 a compartment available. These are in addition to our already empty clothes closets, grocery closets etc.. Good deal.

Ms Prissy is just about ready, packing not included.

Not sure I will get to do the annual New Years Day motorcycle ride with my club friends. The forecast is showers here, and although I have ridden lots of rain filled miles, rain and cold temps are just no fun at all. I will pass.

Popeye, your weather sounds miserable! Hope it gets better!

Have a great day all!

L.
Old 12-31-2016, 09:13 AM   #6901

Winnebago Owners Club
Morning Everyone;
Big change for us from the temperatures at home. 50F overnight. Ran the heat to take the chill off. Heat will be left on during the day as highs are upper 60. Coffee is inside this morning. Prediction for next few days are high 60.

Notice the awning next door is almost dry. Going to have to put ours out. Lots of little tasks to set the patio up for use.

Been an interesting year. Not all of the people we care about that started the year made it to the end. Still most of those who are still with us seem to be in good health. Hope the coming year will see all of us get through.

Hope you and your family have a wonderful 2017. Best wishes for a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year to all of you.
Old 12-31-2016, 12:04 PM   #6902

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd in S.C. View Post
Morning all!

Glenn, Lazy Day's is nice. Great facility. We were amazed at the scale of the place. Very large.

We head south in 15 days. Still have a lot to do to get ready. This will be the first time we have ever been away from home for more than 2-3 weeks. The plan is just short of 4 months.

L.
Yes Lloyd, our first time at Lazy Days and it is amazing...........an RVer's Disney Land. Everythimg you need........and they feed you if staying at the camp ground.

And........

Other than when we were both on active duty, this is the longest we have ever been away from home ourselves. Wishing you guys a great trip!

If I can ask, where are you all heading!

g
Indy Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote