Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-04-2017, 10:59 AM   #7225

Good morning!

Janet and Gordon gave Deb and I the tour yesterday. We enjoyed Mexico. Deb got into a few good deals, she drove a hard bargain. I returned with my money except for lunch, margaritas and ice cream.

Really long line coming through the border on the return, but it moved quickly. Took less than 1 hour. Of course while on the line, lots of vendors selling.

Harv, sorry your Dad is not feeling well. Let us know if we can help some how.

Have a great day all!

L.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-04-2017, 11:26 AM   #7226

Hey Harv do you buy your coffee at Cafe Brazil? I drove up to Denton to get it couple weeks ago.....I like the sugar cookie flavor a lot....

Mk
mkohler30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 11:58 AM   #7227

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkohler30 View Post
Hey Harv do you buy your coffee at Cafe Brazil? I drove up to Denton to get it couple weeks ago.....I like the sugar cookie flavor a lot....

Mk
I love dark Yuban, just double the recommended dosage. I like my coffee like my women, straight, strong, and capable of holding a spoon for at least sixty seconds........

And we buy it when it's on sale, tastes twice as good when it cost half as much......
Old 02-04-2017, 12:00 PM   #7228

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd in S.C. View Post
Good morning!

Janet and Gordon gave Deb and I the tour yesterday. We enjoyed Mexico. Deb got into a few good deals, she drove a hard bargain. I returned with my money except for lunch, margaritas and ice cream.

Really long line coming through the border on the return, but it moved quickly. Took less than 1 hour. Of course while on the line, lots of vendors selling.

Harv, sorry your Dad is not feeling well. Let us know if we can help some how.

Have a great day all!

L.
I talked to dad this morning and he is doing much better when it comes to breathing, something necessary even at ninety........
Old 02-05-2017, 06:52 AM   #7229

Carolina Campers
Goooodmorning!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wroughtnharv View Post
I talked to dad this morning and he is doing much better when it comes to breathing, something necessary even at ninety........

Altitude can make a big difference... We took my MIL for a drive in the mountains for a treat, what a mistake that was... It is amazing how important breathing is compared to adventure....

Ok, coffee is important as well... Need coffee before I can think...

Have a great day!

Ted
tedgard01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 07:20 AM   #7230
cwk

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wroughtnharv View Post
Talked to dad this morning and he sounds much better. In theory there is little difference between Yuma and Camp Verde. He enjoyed Quartzite but Yuma started affecting him immediately.
Glad your Dad is feeling better. I still do not understand what happened.

Are we talking about elevation difference? (I believe this is called altitude sickness?)

Yuma, AZ: Elevation - 141'
Quartzite, AZ: Elevation - 879'
Camp Verde, AZ: Elevation - 3,146'

DW and I have flown to Colorado Springs a few times (we live in coastal Florida). The elevation there is 6,035'. We noticed a little bit of a difference (we were in our 50's then). We did learn that the elevation transition can be an issue with strenuous work or activity (we were doing neither). Also, there are some folks that can have a real hard time with the high elevation, including being hospitalized. Their only viable option is to leave ASAP.

If it was the elevation difference, I did not know that it could affect a person going to a lower elevation. But, then again, it would be a significant change.

Again, very glad to hear that he is doing well. Hopefully the condition was temporary and all will continue to go well for him.
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 07:35 AM   #7231

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Also, on top of the elevation difference, Yuma is a very dusty place, and can affect breathing! Hope he is feeling better, Harvey!
Rail!
Old 02-05-2017, 09:25 AM   #7232

Winnebago Owners Club
Harvey Sr. has COPD so it is likely the dust or possibly pollen that is causing the problem. It has rained recently but there is lots of farming activity.

Going to be another great day here. Looking forward to watching the Super Bowl commercials. Janet has watched some of the previews and is laughing when she say she is looking forward to watching them during the telecast.

Have a great day.
Old 02-05-2017, 10:30 AM   #7233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
Harvey Sr. has COPD so it is likely the dust or possibly pollen that is causing the problem. It has rained recently but there is lots of farming activity.

Going to be another great day here. Looking forward to watching the Super Bowl commercials. Janet has watched some of the previews and is laughing when she say she is looking forward to watching them during the telecast.

Have a great day.
When dad came out of the Casita friday morning he told me it was just like the last time he was in Dallas. Then he headed for Tucson because of it's top rated VA Hospital. That was in the nineties. He spent a couple of days in the hospital when he got there. Glenda is talking to dad as I finger talk. He sounds good but says he feels whupped because he went grocery shopping yesterday.

I suspect it's a dust issue. I feel it and we know it's not an elevation thing because dad always spent his summers up around Happy Jack Mogollon Rim and that's 6,500 to 7000+ feet. Up until last year he would leave Camp Verde in his 26' Coachmen class A towing the Ranger pickemup headed for the high country to dry camp. He would stay up there moving every two weeks except to venture down to bank or have doctor visits. Last year he gave up his drivers license and sold the RV and the pickup. The reason he likes the high country is he breathes easier.

We're thinking about selling the Casita here rather than take it back to Dallas to sell it. I will put it on Craig's List and what I call "God's will it." If they pay me what I want then I see it as God's will for them to have it.

Yesterday I went searching for the mouse that died between the floor and bottom compartment space. We never found it but I created a concoction that seems to have worked for absorbing the oh dear odor and it's barely noticeable this morning.

It's going to be a great day or I'm filing for a refund.
Old 02-05-2017, 01:42 PM   #7234

Winnebago Owners Club
Gordy I will try to make Mare hold down the noise so you can here the game. Chuck
Old 02-05-2017, 01:53 PM   #7235

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucknmare View Post
Gordy I will try to make Mare hold down the noise so you can here the game. Chuck
LOL Don't worry about the game. I am watching the commercials. Watching it on the PVR so can replay if she gets too excited.
Old 02-05-2017, 09:13 PM   #7236

Lynne,Happy Birthday

You are wise to take some vacation time for yourself. When I worked a s Nurse in a hospital med/surg floor I got burned out. Happy belated BD. TED,try to laugh and keep a positive attitude. I had cancer four times and am a survivor. Brighter days are in store for you.
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 04:56 AM   #7237

Carolina Campers
Goooodmorning!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam-3 View Post
TED,try to laugh and keep a positive attitude. I had cancer four times and am a survivor. Brighter days are in store for you.

Thanks!

Getting coffee, getting plane, getting gone to CO today. Enjoying life.

Cya later,
Ted
tedgard01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 08:13 AM   #7238

Good morning all!

54° this morning here in Yuma, very overcast. No rain forecasted.

Ted, glad you are getting home today.

Had a fun time yesterday watching the game, bummed that Atlanta lost. It was however the best super bowl in a very long time.

Going to visit the 4x4 shop here in town today and see if they have the bracket for mounting a trail flag on the Jeep. Need one to be able to go out in the dunes. If not will order on-line.

Have great day all!

L.

« Total Rebuild | - »