Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-06-2017, 08:47 AM   #7239

Winnebago Owners Club
Morning Everyone;
Have to agree with Lloyd on the Super Bowl. Good game. Wore out the edge of the seat. Couple bad plays, missed calls but the game was good.

Best Commercial - Melissa McCarthy. Couple others were OK but overall disappointing. Thought Budweiser would do better.

Going to be a great day.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-06-2017, 09:22 AM   #7240

Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone
Coffee is hot 50 out raining again. This week just until Friday will need to do things inside I guess
Snufy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 10:49 AM   #7241

Yuma, strong black coffee, bacon, eggs (4), onion, jalopenas (3), cheese, 12 grain toast (2), going to be a great day. If it isn't, not my fault.

First thing this morning got a phone call from my aunt who said she was at Prescott VA emergency room with dad. They had him on oxygen and he was doing good. She would keep me in the loop. He had told her last night that if he wasn't doing any better this morning he wanted to go in. When she came over at 6 he was ready.

I'm four plus hours away and I can't get close anyway because I've picked up a cold. I can't remember the last time I had a cold but I've got one now. Dad should be fine. But keep in mind that my perspective is that of a son who will always see his father as strong. For almost twenty years I worked with my dad almost every day. When I took off the end of my right thumb the first thought was I should dial 911. Then I remembered when dad split a finger in a saw accident and went right back to work when we got back from the emergency room. There was no way I could do anything but drive myself to the emergency room and tell them I might have hurt myself. Some things are hard to change, parents being super beings is one of them.

Today we have some visitors wanting to see the Casita. We decided to sell it and there were no Casitas on local Craig's lists. So we listed it here yesterday and there is a lot of interest. It would be nice to not have to haul it back to Dallas to sell.

I hope everyone has a good day.
Old 02-06-2017, 12:28 PM   #7242

Winnebago Owners Club
In deed the SB was great not the outcome I was looking for but incredible come back for New England. Commercials were the worst in many years. Thought the halftime show was entertaining as well.

The PNW received an unexpected snow storm. Between yesterday and last night about 12" of the white stuff so needless to say every school district in the greater Puget Sound is closed. Main roads are fine just the neighborhoods are difficult for some. Our Subaru did fantastic this morning when I went for a little drive.

Take care all.

PS. Where is Tim?
Old 02-06-2017, 02:48 PM   #7243
cwk

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Good afternoon, all.

Harvey, Prayers for your Dad. You are correct. Dad's are super-beings.

SB was a good game. Great come-back. Sudden death overtime was quite something to watch. Commercials, not so much. Some got political. I didn't watch the SB for politics. I can read the news for that.

We have a regional RV show coming up in Jacksonville, FL this Thursday-Sunday. DW and I will probably visit. Not sure what day yet but probably Sat or Sun. Not interested in buying a new DP, but it should still be worth the short trip to look and talk to folks. Last year was our first visit to an RV show. We learned a lot. Probably will learn much more this year. Reading the forum for the last year has taught me a lot about what we are seeing besides some pretty paint jobs.

Enjoy!
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 08:26 PM   #7244

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone! Love my morning coffee!!

I also enjoyed watching the Super Bowl, first time i have been able to watch it over here on a American TV channel, so i got to watch the commercial's! Most were disappointing! The Kia one was funny, Bud's were not up to par! I will have to go to Youtube to watch the top rated ones, in case i missed any! The game was a great comeback, for sure, and the sudden death OT, i have mixed feelings about that! I think it should be a time'd OT, not first to score!
With my new Kodi box, i can watch live TV from all over the world, and it has made watching TV over here fun again!

Charles, enjoy the RV show!

Todd, saw you got hit with the snow! it won't last too long around there!

Harvey, good luck selling the Casita! Hope your dad gets better quickly!

Lloyd, the shops around there should have what you need, dune running is a very big thing around there!

Yeah, where is Tim?

Everyone have a great day! Rail!
Old 02-06-2017, 11:08 PM   #7245

Carolina Campers
Goooodmorning!!!

Good Evening.

Got to CO, nice flight.

Went to dinner with friends, good food, good drinks, good company, good time...

I agree that the game was good, just wished it came out differently. Once they lost momentum they just seemed to stop executing... What a shame...

Ted.
tedgard01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 05:48 AM   #7246

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Morning,
currently 57,
Its staying lighter at night and lighter earlier.
I'm here, I have had a problem with my laptop. I tried fixing it my self and just made it worst. Had too call in the reserves, Joe and he got it fixed, took him awhile but got her done!!!!

Been keeping busy. I can't believe that its almost time too get ready too head home, 2 months.

We went up too Quartzsite Sunday and almost everything was closed down for the Super bowl but we got one vender too open up by calling his number on his booth and he opened up his tent and we got what we went there for. We shopped there last year and needed some stuff replaced and he was happy too help us out. Before we new it there were 10 or so people coming into his tent so I think he will make a few bucks. I finally found a small electric motor to turn a win sock. I looked all year for one and no one sells them but he had one and I bought it plus a balloon wind sock.
We then found a Seeya Gold for sale and man if I had had my check book and the monies in my account I would have written a check . It was just a real beauty and every thing we wanted on a Motorhome to full time in.
My neighbor sent us this Pic of Turkeys in his back yard, Been there 60 years and have never seen a turkey.
My Tomato plant in Yuma, Miniature Beefsteak. Should be ready around the time we head home.

We then went over to friend (couple) that we met in Quartzsite last year for the game, by the end on the 3Q Quarter 3 too 28, I said lets hit the road its history, got about 30 miles from Quart and I ran the caddie out of gas. . So we called our insurance Company and they said it will be about a hour. For those not familiar with 95 there is nothing between Quartzsite and Yuma except a border Check for those going north and Military stations & 2 lane. So 70 plus miles to MH and abut 35 miles back too Quartzsite. So that was at 8PM so by 9 got a call too see if we have been helped, nope, 10Pm tow company calls and has no info but our phone number, he's in Blyth Ca and its going to be 1-1 1/2 hours Okay Thanks, Sooooo by 11:30 he shows up I do the paper work and he put's in 2-3 gallons. We exchange pleasantries, he waits too see if the battier will start the car since the flashers have been going since the beginning. It does we flip a uie and head for Quart. get there and fill up 17 gallons and its a 19 gallon tank. Stop at McDonald's eat and head home got home around 1:30 1/4 too 2 .
I'm glad I have this feature on my insurance. Only 1 person stopped and he couldn't help us. The Hwy Patrol stopped and told us he'll keep a eye out for the tow company, Never saw him again. Couldn't he give us or me a ride to a station??
Anyhow I am happy I have the insurance. JS ,
Gas gauge don't work but I had just put 17 gallons in the tank. The second time I did this and both times have been here.
Sorry so much time I'm typing and watching American Sprit Boat Races From St. John Washington.14 footers and 400HP Jetboats
That's about it,
Coffee is good but I need a refill,
Those on the road be safe,
Tim,
ps, Welcome Chuck and wifie
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	imagejpeg_0.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	173.3 KB
ID:	151197   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170202_155320.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	404.8 KB
ID:	151198  

Name:	20170123_140935.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	492.0 KB
ID:	151199  
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 07:23 AM   #7247

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by guardrail53 View Post
Todd, saw you got hit with the snow! it won't last too long around there!

Yes normally the snow doesn't last long but this time it will be around for a while.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Washington Snow Storm.1.JPG
Views:	55
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	151203   Click image for larger version

Name:	Washington Snow Storm.JPG
Views:	67
Size:	105.3 KB
ID:	151204  

Old 02-07-2017, 07:49 AM   #7248

Quote:
Originally Posted by octanefam View Post
Yes normally the snow doesn't last long but this time it will be around for a while.
53 degrees here this morning, brrrrrrrrrr, 78 this afternoon and almost ninety by Thursday. (Yuma)
Old 02-07-2017, 08:32 AM   #7249

Good morning!

55° here this morning when I got up.

Tim, you should have called us!!! I would have headed that way! Must have been pretty dark sitting on that road.

We went trail riding yesterday. Explored the area west of here. Very interesting. We went through a area called Pilot Knob, where Patton's troups did exercises during WWII. Based on the memorial marker the gathering there was the largest ever in history,,,,, to date.

We also visited a ghost town called Tumco, not much left there except foundations but had a great time getting there. We got lost and ended up in a few really good 4x4 trails that challenged us.

Today for happy hour, we have winnies and potluck. Should be fun looks like there will be a crowd.

Harv, hope Dad is doing better today!

Have a great day!

L.
Old 02-07-2017, 05:21 PM   #7250

Winnebago Owners Club
Todd I heard from my son that there was about 10 inches of snow at my place up by Canyon and 128th. Chuck
Old 02-07-2017, 05:58 PM   #7251

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Evening Gang,
Things have been shall we just say interesting around here, by the time i get in in the evening, I just don't feel like getting on here.
Hope that I don't miss anyone, if I do, I'm sorry.
Rail,
Combo unit, Splendide 2100 XC, We love it. Would have to give up my liquor cabinet to put in a stackable unit.
Lynne,
Happy belated birthday, glad that you were off and could enjoy your day. They opened up 25 sites the first of the month, and are going strong on the back 130 sites, so next year should not be a problem, good idea to make the reservation soon.
Lloyd,
Happy anniversary to you and Deb. The dinner looks great. Glad that you guys are enjoying your first retirement trip, it only gets better from here, just ask Gordon and Tim, it grows on you.
Ted,
Our thoughts and prayers continue for you. As I said above, they just opened up 25 more sites, so you shouldn't have any problems, if you do, let me know and I will see what I can do for you. We are looking forward to seeing you and Kathleen again. Have fun in CO.
Harvey,
Sorry to hear about your Dad, hope everything turns out ok and he comes right home. I understand your concern, my Dad is also 90 and lives on his own. Hopefully we can run in to each other in our travels, we will be heading out Gordon's way this summer before the Meet and Greet.
Tim,
You can't go wrong with a Gold, what year is it? I had no intensions of buyong Goldie, was happy with the Gold 5er, but once you look inside, it is hard to look at anything else.
Octanefam,
You should swear like that with those ugly pics, lol.
Again, if I missed anyone, I'm sorry. Have a great evening all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 07:16 PM   #7252

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucknmare View Post
Todd I heard from my son that there was about 10 inches of snow at my place up by Canyon and 128th. Chuck
Hey we are neighbors what a small world! We are at 128th and Woodland. I would say we had closer to 12" of the white stuff. We should meet up in the summer after your done snowbirding.