Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-23-2015, 05:52 PM   #715

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Bap,

I certainly did start this and I love the green pics. Love the MH pics too. I know it is only a matter of time, but it has been so cold that I really want to be done with it.

Gordon,

Very nice place to sit and enjoy some peace and quiet or just the sounds of the water and breeze.

Found a really nice CG in Mackinaw City. Plan to go there this summer. Looks like a nice place.

Take care all, have a wonderful day! Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-23-2015, 06:57 PM   #716

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Evening folks, Still on the coffee just tastes wonderful.
Got a email from the Doc this afternoon and looks like I will be going in for a little surgery myself. He told me a month ago if it don't close I will need to have it sown shut.
I have a faint feeling it will be no pleasure.
Wonderful, but its been a tough few months. I'm presuming it will be out patient, at least I hope so.
On a lighter note we stopped at a large Garden Center this afternoon to look at some flowers and plants, just to help with the crappy weather we are having. They sell Watch um grow containers that have Daffodils,Tulips in them. They said it's to early for them maybe another month.
It really works for us.
Good Night C-ya in the am
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 07:03 PM   #717

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Walked outside to unlock the MH was fine on the snow, hit the driveway and I fell with my feet flying up about 4 feet in the air, good thing I had my heavy coat on landed on my bad shoulder, ran inside and took three ADVIL, I was good for the rest of the day! LOL Started her up and had a leak in the oil cooler, took it to shop to get fixed and house next door to the driveway burst some pipes and flooded my driveway! Somehow i'm calm believing tommorrow will be better!
FastGlassMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 07:06 PM   #718

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by spritz View Post
Evening folks, Still on the coffee just tastes wonderful.
Got a email from the Doc this afternoon and looks like I will be going in for a little surgery myself. He told me a month ago if it don't close I will need to have it sown shut.
I have a faint feeling it will be no pleasure.
Wonderful, but its been a tough few months. I'm presuming it will be out patient, at least I hope so.
On a lighter note we stopped at a large Garden Center this afternoon to look at some flowers and plants, just to help with the crappy weather we are having. They sell Watch um grow containers that have Daffodils,Tulips in them. They said it's to early for them maybe another month.
It really works for us.
Good Night C-ya in the am
Tim
You'll be fine Tim!
FastGlassMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 10:26 PM   #719

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don and Dale View Post
Gosh...do I dare? Yeah, what the heck.

Glendale, Az
Currently 51 heading for 76 today.
Far colder than a couple weeks back when we were hitting 89 - 91 here at the S&B.

Smell that? Coffee is waiting....
Don and Dale, I see you live in Glendale, Az. That is where our MH is at!
47th av. & Glendale at Sunland RV Sales. We are flying in on March 25, to pick her up. I was looking at motels around there and found a quaint little one called the "Gaslight Inn" just down the road on Glendale and 57th. Do you know it? It looks nice online, and is within walking distance the next morning! Do you know anything about it? Our flight arrives at 3:25pm and Sunland closes at 4pm, so I do not want to be rushed when picking it up, so spending the night will be in order!
The coffee is tasting very good this morning, and I am sorry everyone up north is freezing their bu** off!
Lynne is wanting pic's with a spring time flare, and GREEN!! So here goes!
The one with the baby elephant is at the front door of our store! The flowers were at the gardens in Chiang Rai, Thailand. And the one of us sitting is at a Temple in the mountains.

Click image for larger version

Name:	.facebook_153032574.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	86881

Name:	.facebook_1724011050.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	86882

Name:   10-5AF15602-1986817-800.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  9.3 KB

Name:	.facebook_1947382131.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	86884
Old 02-24-2015, 03:18 AM   #720

Good morning from Rhome!
(not that Rome)

We are iced in with 2 inches on the ground that is so hard I didn't even make a mark on it when I walked to the mail box. it's currently 27 degrees. Not bad if you live up in New York, but it's a disaster if you live in Texas.

The motor home is parked inside the shop warm and dry. I'm in the house in bed with the electric blanket turned up. Melissa is upstairs in the other bed with the cats.

She took up Storm Spotting as a hobby after she retired from teaching and has been on her HAM radio talking to her weather geeks most of the night.

I'm going to walk out to the MH after sunrise and bring in some of my gourmet coffee creamer. I think i deserve it for trying to sleep through all that radio chatter she's been doing most of the night. Besides, I'm still technically sick.
Curtis in TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 04:08 AM   #721

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning All, -17* this am, good news no wind. You guys down south with the ice, that's hard to deal with, snow and cold we can deal with up here but ice its just rough. Fastglass, your lucky you didn't get hurt worse lots of bad injury's from ice like that, bet your still going to be sore! Rail, nice pics!! love the elephant, Curtis, careful getting that creamer! hope you guys keep your power with all that ice I see Tenn. got hit pretty hard. Be safe have a great day.
Old 02-24-2015, 05:41 AM   #722

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club

Currently +29 Feels like +19
So the weatherman say's,
I say
I'm out of my great coffee, Dunkin Donuts Brand. Back to Folgers Mountain Grown!!!
Fastglass;
I agree very lucky.That's what I did back in 04 and it ended up costing me my Career.
It had just snowed and I went out to my truck @ work and came around the front of the truck and hit a patch of Ice and down I went all 260 lbs. got up the next morning in such pain we had to call the medics and they gave me a shot of morphine and off to the hospital I went. Been in pain ever since.

Guardrail53,
Sure now how too rub it in... Those Pictures just made my day.
Beautiful. The little elephant is pretty neat, We have dogs trying to get in the stores and you have elephants
Have a great Day everybody,
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 05:55 AM   #723
bap

rail,wonderful pics, love all of them..
fastglass,,,you are lucky..and im with terry i bet you will feel it today if not your a very lucky man...

looks like all of you south of us are getting the ice we just got,,,,ice is the worst..i pray everyone keeps there power..

its a balmy 3 outside this morning here...but not humid..lol

everyone be safe....
bap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 07:11 AM   #724

Winnebago Owners Club
Rail - great pictures. Nice to put a face to the name and dialog.

Curtis Take care on the ice. There were some pictures from home with a guy playing hockey in front of his house on the street. Perhaps a pair of ice skates to get to the MH!!

First day of skiing yesterday. Skiing was better than anticipated. Supposed to snow later in the week.
Old 02-24-2015, 09:41 AM   #725

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Good Morning all.Bright sunny day here (in fact blinding me shining in the window) and 37 on the way to 54.

Sorry about all of you in the frozen waste.

Heres something to warm you up
Attached Images

1992 Country Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 12:01 PM   #726

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good afternoon all,
Coffee was real good this morning, took my father and neighbor to breakfast this morning and had a nice visit. Raining this afternoon, but its around 65* so not too bad, was up to 80* Sunday and yesterday
Rail,
Nice pics.
Lynne,
Just hang in there, you won't believe how fast retirement will come, especially when you are trying to get everything ready to pack up and leave. I agree wholeheartedly with you on the "I hate winter", me toooooooo. Told the DW that the only snow that I ever want to see for the rest of my life is in pictures. It got down to 24* last week and about 30* the next night, then back up to the 70's and 80's.
Ron and especially Rebecca, welcome to retirement, hope that you take the time to enjoy your freedom from work.
Later all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 11:03 PM   #727

Well me're almost melted off. They're talking snow, but since folks have had their ice driving cherry broke this year, so to speak, it shouldn't be bad on the roads again unless it starts freezing rain. Black Ice around here is deadly!

Losing Power is not a big issue for me. I am a retired Power Company Technician and I've got an 8K watt generator wired into my house circuits.
It will run on Gasoline, Propane from the house heater tank or the 350 gallon Butane tank I have buried next to it.
A 4K W one for the shop too.

I plan to finish up my Solar and Wind System install this Summer!

I've worked too many storm restorations to blindly believe the Power Company's electricity wont go out when I need it.

Ya'll stay warm. Oh and my shop commute is only 75 feet and I've got ski's!

Well it's 2 minutes after Midnight so technically :Gooooood Morning"!!!!
Old 02-25-2015, 04:00 AM   #728

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning Everyone, Curtis, sounds like you've got it covered, I saw on the news this am that Texas is expecting another storm sweeping thru the southern states, wow sounds like you guys are getting what we usually get. -10* overnight here supposed to get to 25* Have a great day all.