Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-03-2017, 09:57 AM   #7435

Morning all!

62° here

Jay, GM looks great. The trip sounds great. You will have a good time.

Gordon, sounds like you are having a great time. Weatherman is helping with that.

Rail, yup the old stuff worked, but the world marches on. My friend fulltimes in his, travels a lot, and thoroughly enjoys having 4 sldes, and all the other modern "stuff" that comes with a newer coach. His is a Tiffin, pretty good quality and very nice inside and out.

Harv, hope the tests go okay. Tell Glenda we are thinking of her.

Tonight we have tickets to go see Jersey Boys (Frankie Vallie and the 4 seasons tribute) at the Historic Yuma theatre. Should be fun.

Tomorrow we are headed out to Thermal, Ca, there is a large off-road rally there that sounds like a ton of fun. Supposed to have lots of vendors and displays.

Have a great day all!

L.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-04-2017, 05:20 AM   #7436

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
A little cool here too, 44° now going to mid 70's today, upper 70's tomorrow, then back in the 80's. Things are progressing, they are getting ready to pave the roads in the back, and are putting the electric pedestals in. they have about half the concrete pads poured. Once the roads are paved, they will pour the approaches.
Harvey,
Thoughts and prayers go out to Glenda for a good checkup with little to no side effects.
Gordon,
Have fun on the slopes, but remember to be careful, we don't heal as quick as we used to.
Jay,
Give grandma a big hug from all of us. Dad has taken up ballroom dancing and he is 90, so that gives all of us hope for longevity with a good quality of life.

Starting to get excited about our cruise, we will be leaving for Miami next Sunday and will be out of touch for about 2 weeks, so don't worry if you don't hear from me.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 06:19 AM   #7437

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning,

Coffee was nice and hot this morning and with the 11* temperatures outside really needed it. No wind right now and the sun in shining bright! Supposed to be in the 40's tomorrow.

The last week at work has been super busy. Our staff has been sick too. One girl has pneumonia, another the flu and a sick child, and another off for a funeral. All of which means short staffing for us. Then add on a heavy workload and it makes for a very uncomfortable week. Started Friday last week and I was so glad when 4:30 hit yesterday and I could get out of there. First time in a very long time I left work with work still not done. Do not like doing that. Happened every day this past week.

Cat is sitting in the window watching the birds at the feeders. The sun is shining on her coat and it is golden. Found out cat is a female and fixed. Someone wanted her but sure hasn't bothered claiming her. Name change to Rogue.

Better get started with cleaning and other things. Hope all are doing well. Hope Glenda gets good results. Frank, you and Rita have a good cruise. Cruises are wonderful!

Everyone stay safe on the road. Have a wonderful weekend and hopefully very soon it will warm up and stay warm.

Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 07:41 AM   #7438

Everything including the coffee is especially good this morning. Yesterday evening my wife's cardiologist called us with the results of the sonogram Thursday and nuclear stress test yesterday. The Ejection Fraction is up to normal and the blood flow to the legs isn't enough of a problem to require any special treatments. We are blessed beyond measure.

As far as projects go here at home, I'm like the puppy meeting a porcupine for the first time, "where do I start?"

Hope everyone has a great weekend, gonna be a little wet and mostly warm here in the North Texas part of the world.
Old 03-04-2017, 08:21 AM   #7439

Winnebago Owners Club
Harvey. That is great news about Glenda. We will keep our prayers and fingers crossed for continued improvement in her health. Be great to see the two of you next winter and Harvey as well if he is able to make it.

Taking the weekend off. Slopes are a bit more crowded on the weekends. Supposed to be another storm coming in Sunday night and carrying into Monday.

Sunny here and going to be a really nice day. Going to do some shopping at the ski shops and a kitchen store. Lunch at Tony Caputo's.

Everyone have a grand day.
Old 03-04-2017, 08:24 AM   #7440

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Great news Harvey, so glad for you and Glenda! Rail!
Old 03-04-2017, 09:21 AM   #7441

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Good morning gang,

Just a quick note before I head off on a short run to Ft Scott KS to see a friend. I wanted to thank you all for the kind words and sharing some of your own memories with loved ones.

I am truly blessed.

See you on the road my RV family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
Hello Everyone;

Jay - great to hear and watch the trip. Notice Gramma is dolled up with a red hat. Does she belong to the Red Hats? She would fit in with the girls in Yuma. There are 6 or 7 right around us..
Yessir, both her and my mother are active in Red Hats. Shes a pistol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guardrail53 View Post

Jay, your GM was born the same year as my Dad, 1919! He passed away at a very young age, but i do remember he loved to travel also! I can remember taking him a ride in a few of my early semi's, and he loved it! Rail!
Ahhh some great memories I'm sure. Always make the best of today because there may not be a tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd in S.C. View Post

Jay, GM looks great. The trip sounds great. You will have a good time.e 4 seasons tribute) at the Historic Yuma theatre. Should be fun.
L.
Western swing will follow this trip. Hoping to cross paths with some of you along the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franka548 View Post
Jay,
Give grandma a big hug from all of us. Dad has taken up ballroom dancing and he is 90, so that gives all of us hope for longevity with a good quality of life.
Frank
Indeed sir. The way GM lit up in the last trip really made me want to set everything aside and help her enjoy what she has left while she can.
1992 Country Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 09:12 PM   #7442

Good evening all!

Harv, so happy to hear Glenda is doing well. Awesome!

Frank, enjoy the cruise. Some rest for the weiry!

Gordon, missing you here. Careful on the slopes!

The Frankie Valli show was fantastic. 5 of us from the park went and had a great time, then went for a drink and a bite to eat afterwards. Downtown Yuma is nice. Pretty lively place on Friday night.

Today we drove up to the Tere Da Sol offroad rally. Had a great time. Amazing how many people were there, many, many thousands. Highlight was we test drove a Polaris Razor Turbo 168hp side by side. They actually let us push it a little, 20 min drive at a brisk pace. Tons of fun. That is a lot of power in such a small package.

Have a great evening all!

L.
Old 03-05-2017, 05:44 AM   #7443

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Jay,
Kudos on taking GM around, Dad is going woith us on our cruise, he wants to see the Panama Canal(ME TOOO). We are going to be in Wythesville, Va on the 25th of April if you are anywhere near the area at that time.
Lynne,
Thanks, we will. Sorry that you had such a stressful week, hopefully next week will be better.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Harvey,
Happy to hear the good news about Glenda's checkup. As far as all the projects, you just start with the ones that must be done, then you can get to the ones that you want to do.
Lloyd,
Sounds like you and Deb had a good time at your concert. Wonderful that you are having such a good time with your Jeep.
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 05:58 AM   #7444
bap

goodmorning my friends,,

it sure looks like everyone is having a great time,,

LYNNE,, enjoy your time off from such a hectic work week,,,lord knowsw I need a couple days off,,lol

HARVEY,, great news about the wife,,,praying for continued greatness for her..

LOYD,, those Polaris turbo,s are a ton of fun,,there a fun ride right out of the box,,but with a couple aftermarket touches there wicked sick...lol

have a blessed day everyone,,,,im back to work..

jeff
Old 03-05-2017, 06:07 AM   #7445

Carolina Campers
Good morning!

Yesterday was a good day, because I got my RV back from the shop. They did such a great job, and it truly looks new again.

They repaired all damage to the body done over the last few years, replaced some bin doors and hardware, repainted everything that necessary, buffed all other areas, they installed the new "man's" toilet and sprayer, the RV was totally detailed, tires serviced, batteries serviced, generator, engine serviced, upgraded the trailer hitch, new Roadmaster Sterling All-Terrain tow bar, etc...

We are heading out on Monday for a shake down....

Have a great day.

Ted.
tedgard01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 07:51 AM   #7446

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning All;

Had a great day yesterday. Janet bought new ski boots and skis so it looks like I will have to step up my game when it comes to skiing. That and we probably will be coming back again next year. They will be ready mid morning.

Ted - have a successful shakedown cruise.

Lynne - hope all who are sick return to reduce the work load. Nice to know that when the crunch is on you are able to step up and cope with the extra effort required. Give yourself a pat on the back. Hugs on the way and saving a couple for you when we see the group at the Meet and Greet.

SIL, nephew and his wife arrive today. Snow storm tomorrow. Today is very windy so glad we are not skiing. There are not likely going to be crowds on the hills because of the wind but it would not be enjoyable enough to go up either.
Old 03-05-2017, 08:20 AM   #7447

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
morning,
currently 58,
Coffee is still "well" Great.!!
Glad to hear about everybodys fun adventures.

Okay yall,
Got a problem
I upgraded my water pump (In house fresh water) too a 4.5 GPM 40PSI from a 3 GPM pump.
I wanted better pressure after installing a reverse osmosis system. It is short cycling meaning off on off on, if I open 2 supplies (Faucets) it runs perfectly but when I shut one off it short cycling. We thought there was a leak at the toilet, so off to fine a new valve ,nobody had the parts, I guess after 33 years it was ready to be replaced , so I bought a Thierfort Bravada, (sp). We installed it but we still have the problem. So far I have replaced the pump and toilet. We are not finding any leaks .Fresh water tank is full

I love the reverse osmosis system (Thank you) water taste better and my coffee tastes better and NO spots on the dishes when washing them.

Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 08:50 AM   #7448

Morning all!

Ted, that sounds great! Sounds like you have a great shop to deal with, they seem to be too hard to find. Enjoy and have a great time.

Lynne, My last year was much the same, seemed to be always testing to see if I still had it. Sounds like you do! When you retire they will miss you very much. I often think our generation is still holding the world together.

Gordon, Janet gonna beat you on the downhills?

Tim, are you saying with everything off, the pump keeps short cycling?

L.