Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-07-2017, 08:07 AM   #7463

Morning all!

Brrrr, 49° here, supposed to get to 78. Deb and I are planning a motorcycle ride to Martinez Lake for lunch today, hopefully it warms up quickly.

That movie sounds good Jay, but we rarely do theatres, will probably catch it on DVD.

This evening we have our every other week 4pm happy hour club pot luck dinner. Deb is making a huge bowl of her potatoe salad. She made it last time but so many people requested it again. It is awesome stuff.

Jay hope those storms miss ya!

Have a great day all!

L.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-07-2017, 12:53 PM   #7464

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
morning,
currently 72 and sunny, sunny & SUNNY!!!!
I have not installed the water tank as of yet, but hoping this afternoon.
Now another question for the ones with knowledge.
I had a propane leak on the Pace Arrow, a small one @ the valve on the tank. I removed the valve where it was leaking. I cleaned the threads on both the tank and the valve. I put the Yellow tape on the threads and started to install it when it hit me,

" how will I know if I fixed the leak I will have too put propane into the tank and if I didn't get it tight enough it will leak, after I tighten it more and it still leaks what then?"
Is there a way to pressurize the tank besides Propane?
Do I ask the guy filling the tank to only put a small amount in and then look for leaks?

Pot luck Dinner Tonight
Lloyd and Barb, Barb if your Potato salad is as good as your Lasagna YUM,YUM can't wait. I'm going to have the leftover Lasagna you sent us home with this afternoon. (very enjoyable evening) Especially the DVD Concert of the Bee Gees back 1997.
Gordon How is barb doing with her new Ski's and accessories?
Sounds like a lot of Snow. I have been taking care of the Hibiscus .
C ya in a few days or are you extending?
That's about it from here,
Those on the road be safe,
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 06:17 PM   #7465

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Evening;

Skiing is great. Went to Powder Mountain and there was about 14" of light powder. Had a great time. Janet is really enjoying her new boots and skis. She is having a great time as am I.

Tim - ask the guy to put a gallon or so in and then check the threads with soapy water. If it leaks giving it a bit of a tightening should work.

Thanks for looking after the hibiscus. Totally left our minds in our haste to get away.

Dinner is soon so I am off.

Have a great day tomorrow.
Old 03-08-2017, 08:19 AM   #7466

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Goooooooooooood morning!!

Great coffee. Pretty chilly out this morning. Another T storm headed this way in the next 24 hrs. Sure picked a fine time to be here. LOL.

Just hanging out and looking for barn wood close to home. Have a few projects in mind.

Will head back to the homestead on Monday, make a stop near Tulsa to help my uncle remove a few trees at his place.

Not much else going on. Wish I could still snowboard. I'd be hanging with Gordon & Co.
1992 Country Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 11:01 AM   #7467

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Afternoon,

Coffee was nice and hot this am and with the wind that is blowing out there I hope people have things tied down or they are gonna be gone! Wow, trees down already and saw a roof heading out.

Took the Equinox in today to get the baseplate put on and the wiring harness done. Having them put in a toggle switch so we don't have to pull fuse 32 every time we tow.

Will go back later when the MH is back on road insurance to learn how to do it. Didn't want to wait until they got real busy for the big part of the job.

Hope everyone is doing fine. Have a great day. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 06:12 PM   #7468

I think discussing jeeps with Lloyd caused the dreaded fungusamongous to come back on me. Sounds as good a reason as any. I really don't like it at all. I just hope it is a glancing blow like when we danced with it in Yuma.

Dad called Glenda yesterday and I think he is serious about the 100 year old thing. She said he sounds awesome strong and he let her know that he's walking more every day and that she had better get herself in shape for this winter.

Lil Blue didn't get her voting card today because Miss Glenda got side tracked at a couple of sales, double doggone darn department stores. Tomorrow for sure, she promised. Lil Blue's new gas tank will be in tomorrow and the new diamond plate aluminum pantalumes should be available too. I'm calling them pantalumes because the rust under the doors is about as attractive as hairy legs. Young man who managed the metal shop remembered me from the chain bed project we did together. We found a piece of scrap in the barrel of neat stuff that was the right profile for the pantalumes. They'll whip me up two pieces 66" long with that profile which gives me an inch to manipulate for cleaning up the ends.

Lucy, the big red C5500 welding truck had a vibration that felt like a universal joint, 270-80,000 miles can cause one to lose it's smooth moves. Shop suggested rearend. I pulled the drive shaft, they're going to replace two u joints for me tomorrow on the drive shaft.

One of the nice things about being home is the confirmation of my still at this old being a chick magnet. Kinda nice to have the chickens come a running when I show up. They also have great sense of humor. You know your jokes are good when the response is cackles.
Old 03-08-2017, 06:36 PM   #7469

Harv,,,,, that is caused by "amongus" part of the fungus,,,, far as I know you cannot get it from the forum.

Now the "off-road4x4" bug, totally contagious via electronic means.

PS, we saw a group of 4 trackers on todays run,,,,, they were all smiling!

L.
Old 03-08-2017, 07:19 PM   #7470

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Well, the Equinox is back. Base plate all hooked up, fuse 32 switch installed, and all the other stuff in the garage. We are ready for the summer. Now all we need is the weather! Come on Spring and Summer!
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 08:29 PM   #7471

Winnebago Owners Club
Skiing was good today. Spring conditions. Did I mention I am tired. Man I am tired. Skiing with my 35 year old nephew and his wife. Next year I am getting into shape. This year I rationalized that round was a good shape but miscalculated. Shape should be more oblong. 19 runs. Maybe less tomorrow.

Starting to warm up here but possibility of snow on Friday.

Have a great day.
Old 03-09-2017, 06:23 AM   #7472

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd in S.C. View Post
Harv,,,,, that is caused by "amongus" part of the fungus,,,, far as I know you cannot get it from the forum.

Now the "off-road4x4" bug, totally contagious via electronic means.

PS, we saw a group of 4 trackers on todays run,,,,, they were all smiling!

L.
We're there any in that Trackin' crowd that looked like Lil Blue?

This morning I woke up with the whole pond in my throat, not just a frog. The gas tank should be in, the pantaloons done, and I should be able to reinstall Lucy's driveline. Of course as I was going over the to do list I removed the old gas tank and installed the new, I'm wondering how much a fuel pump cost, silly to replace the tank and not the fuel pump inside of it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0662.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	301.3 KB
ID:	154319  
Old 03-09-2017, 07:57 AM   #7473

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wroughtnharv View Post
We're there any in that Trackin' crowd that looked like Lil Blue?

This morning I woke up with the whole pond in my throat, not just a frog. The gas tank should be in, the pantaloons done, and I should be able to reinstall Lucy's driveline. Of course as I was going over the to do list I removed the old gas tank and installed the new, I'm wondering how much a fuel pump cost, silly to replace the tank and not the fuel pump inside of it.
Good morning!

We passed on a big hill, was busy driving up (narrow full of loose stone) and didn't get a picture, can't recall if there was a blue one.

Lynne, your good to go it sounds. Spring is coming! (except where Terry is)

Sunny day here today, we are going floating on the river with the neighbors. They have a few inflatable rafts that we are going to do the lazy float down the Colorado.

Have a great day all!

L.
Old 03-09-2017, 12:33 PM   #7474

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Gooooood Afternoon peeps,

Coffee was great and then.................... Storm alert!! T-Storms, Wind, Large Hail, Heavy Rain and even possible TORNADO!! YIKES!!

Well I tracked the storm on radar until it was about 20 min away then I jumped in Maggie and headed for the nearest large canopy fuel stop. As the rain went into full "Noah get the ark" mode I glided under cover.

Where I am the hail was never bigger than a hazelnut but just to the east about 10 miles it was lemons. WHEW!!! Dodged another KS bullet. (NOTE TO SELF: Stay out of SE KS, NE OK, Western MO in early spring)

Now it's bright and sunny. Go figure. Saturday chance of snow!! SNOW?!?!?! in March??? Only supposed to be about an inch but still.

My host here is supposed to take me to one of the country's top 10 BBQ joints for dinner tonight. Looking forward to that. Pretty close to Kansas City so........

Well that's about it. All the news that's fit to print.

Be safe!!
1992 Country Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 01:19 PM   #7475

Whoa, lemon size hail 10 miles away,,, talk about dodging a bullet,, glad you found safety and the hail stayed away. I shudder to think what lemon sized hail would do to a motor home,,, i had a bad dream about narrow twisting mountain roads the other night,,, guess it'll be hail tonight. I was thinking about a weather alert system of some sort, glad you and your coach didn't suffer any damage,,,, thanks to your quick thinking
Old 03-09-2017, 07:07 PM   #7476

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg View Post
Whoa, lemon size hail 10 miles away,,, talk about dodging a bullet,, glad you found safety and the hail stayed away. I shudder to think what lemon sized hail would do to a motor home,,, i had a bad dream about narrow twisting mountain roads the other night,,, guess it'll be hail tonight. I was thinking about a weather alert system of some sort, glad you and your coach didn't suffer any damage,,,, thanks to your quick thinking
Late March one year ago our town got hit with a very bad hail storm. Our insurance company wrote us a check for$14,000.00 or thereabouts for the roof. Two weeks later we got the hail storm of hailstorms. They added another $5,000.00 because this time the hail stones went through the 30 year roof, the OSB decking, and buried themselves into the insulation. They used 17 4 X 8 sheets of decking in 4 X 4 pieces to repair the roof. Any car in the open was damaged bad. They're still replacing roofs here in town.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3530.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	862.4 KB
ID:	154371