Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-22-2017, 09:04 AM   #7589

Lynne
I woke up to 23* too but it's just going to get colder all day and tonight's low in the singles......if I'm lucky it will only be 10*!

The snow is not melting in this crap !!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-22-2017, 09:48 AM   #7590

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hello all,

Here in Fayetteville, Arkansas we went from a high of 84* yesterday to this mornings temperature of 44* when I awoke. Crazy spring weather for sure.

Martha and I will officially "smoke test" all of the repairs and modifications which were made to our coach starting on Sunday for three days. We are staying a local park (an hour away) and I couldn't be more excited to "get out of Dodge" for a bit.

On the way to the park we have to stop to take on propane. We ran out on our last trip. I've a question regarding having run out. How do I recharge the propane lines now that they had been run out completely? I have electronic ignitions on the water heater fridge, do they just keep trying to light until propane finally gets to them? Anyone have experience with that? I'm hoping my use of the phrase "smoke test" doesn't portend future problems...haha
Charlie and Martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 12:01 PM   #7591

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Hi All, Charlie, it will self bleed by itself, you my have to try it a couple of times, I usually light the stove first. Popeye, we are having the same weather here 24* and dropping all day with snow squalls.
Old 03-22-2017, 05:12 PM   #7592

Yup yup , they got a couple of inches downeast (up coast for you foreigners) around Acadia.
Only 5 1/2 weeks till MAY !!! Mud season is gonna be a bitch this year.............
Old 03-22-2017, 06:14 PM   #7593

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie72704 View Post
Hello all,

Here in Fayetteville, Arkansas we went from a high of 84* yesterday to this mornings temperature of 44* when I awoke. Crazy spring weather for sure.

Martha and I will officially "smoke test" all of the repairs and modifications which were made to our coach starting on Sunday for three days. We are staying a local park (an hour away) and I couldn't be more excited to "get out of Dodge" for a bit.

On the way to the park we have to stop to take on propane. We ran out on our last trip. I've a question regarding having run out. How do I recharge the propane lines now that they had been run out completely? I have electronic ignitions on the water heater fridge, do they just keep trying to light until propane finally gets to them? Anyone have experience with that? I'm hoping my use of the phrase "smoke test" doesn't portend future problems...haha
What I did to hasten the process was open a burner on the stove and hold a lighter beside the burner. After the burner lit the rest seemed to work well.

If I did not do it the furnace would cycle several times and then go into "rest" mode for a while before trying to light itself again. Sometimes it took several cycles to achieve ignition.
Old 03-22-2017, 06:18 PM   #7594

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley1994 View Post
Hi All, Charlie, it will self bleed by itself, you my have to try it a couple of times, I usually light the stove first.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
What I did to hasten the process was open a burner on the stove and hold a lighter beside the burner. After the burner lit the rest seemed to work well.

If I did not do it the furnace would cycle several times and then go into "rest" mode for a while before trying to light itself again. Sometimes it took several cycles to achieve ignition.
Thank you both. If I ran out of propane on my Class C's I can't remember it. First for everything I suppose. Your responses are appreciated.
Old 03-22-2017, 07:08 PM   #7595

I ran out once , it took me almost 6 months !
I was workamping and just had to drive over to the fill station and fill it.
The stove is the best way to bleed the pipes .
Old 03-22-2017, 07:35 PM   #7596

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvpopeye View Post
I ran out once , it took my almost 6 months !
I was workamping and just had to drive over to the fill station and fill it.
The stove is the best way to bleed the pipes .

That was us too. We started (when we bought the coach) with a quarter of a tank of propane. We camped in Fredricksburg, Tx, Ft. Pickens, Fl, Carrabelle, L. and finally in Cleburne, Txs in cold weather. A month and a week on a 1/4 tank wasn't bad. What killed the tank was the furnace running in Cleburne but we had to keep the wet bay warm. I will light the stove to get going again. Thanks for the advice.
Old 03-23-2017, 05:29 AM   #7597
bap

goodmorning from a frosty 28deg Kentucky,,,--but heading to 65 by 1o,clock then lows in the 50,s and highs in the upper 60,s for the rest of march,,
we have had a very warm winter and no snow except a dusting,,not even an inch,

has anyone heard from STEVE,,,,please let me know,,

GOD BLESS each of you..

jeff
Old 03-23-2017, 07:26 AM   #7598

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bap View Post
goodmorning from a frosty 28deg Kentucky,,,--but heading to 65 by 1o,clock then lows in the 50,s and highs in the upper 60,s for the rest of march,,
we have had a very warm winter and no snow except a dusting,,not even an inch,

has anyone heard from STEVE,,,,please let me know,,

GOD BLESS each of you..

jeff
I was just thinking the same thing about Steve. Does anyone know where he was staying at?
Old 03-23-2017, 08:24 AM   #7599

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I believe it is Serra Vista Az.
Tim
ps,
Nice too see ya back on Jeff (AKA) Zipper...
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 08:47 AM   #7600

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Yeah, i have been worried about Steve for awhile now and sent him a pm and a email, no responce? The last post from him was when he got almost back to SV, and stopped at Ft. Huachuca! I have not seen him post anything else on iRV2 either? Not like him, after that great Alaska adventure, and all the wonderful pic's! Hope he is ok? Rail!
Old 03-23-2017, 09:04 AM   #7601

Morning all!

I hope Steve is okay. But is has been too long. Prayers and good thoughts his way.

We had a fantastic Jeep run yesterday. Awesome scenery. I think they left the bet for last. It was however a difficult run, got to use both our lockers!!! and we were spinning all 4 wheels up a 400' hill. I think Deb had her eyes closed.

My drone is here, it took 3 or 4 hours to get it ready to fly. It comes pretty much assembled, however soon as we started it up we got errors that the firmware on both the drone nd remote were old and needed updating. Turns out that is not a easy process. But we got it done, and all is good now. Maybe tomorrow I will try it out.

A interesting note for those of you into these things, the firmware is of course used to operate the drone, and they update it to make it better and fix problems like any other computer. However on drones the firmware also includes updates to no flyzones. Example, it will not operate and get off the ground within 15 miles of the White House,,,, or at Kennedy airport etc etc. There are constant updates to those restrictions.

Got friends coming to visit today from San Diego who we haven't seen in 10-15 years. Should be fun.

Have a great day all!

L.
Old 03-23-2017, 09:48 AM   #7602

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone;
Prayers and best wishes for Steve and his new dog as well. His lack of communication is worrisome to say the least. Hoping it is something minor like a busted computer.

Had a great evening last night. Neighbours provided a Mexican dinner. Tacos with flat meat, beans, corn, salsa. It was really good. They are great neighbours and wonderful people. Have an 8 year old daughter who reminds me of our oldest grand daughter at that age.

Had some rain yesterday afternoon and evening. Held off while we had dinner. Sun is out so can start cleaning up the leaves.

Going to be a grand day here. Hope everyone has the same or better.