Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-01-2015, 06:18 AM   #771

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning All,

Sun is shining, coffee is hot, and I am relaxing at home. Good day! 10 this AM and supposedly on the rise, See the weather report says it might hit the 30's by Wednesday (my day off) which would be great! I think we are all ready for some warmth.

My laptop died Thursday night so had to get a new one. Windows 8 so have to learn this system but will bit by bit. Tried using my Nook color but it is just too small for web browsing for me.

Hope you all have a great day, stay safe and warm (or cool). Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-01-2015, 07:11 AM   #772

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bap View Post
lol....my dw always hates mty jeeps,,,,,she says i pay more attention to them than her..
DW has always said that about my cars. But she loves them too.
1992 Country Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 07:32 AM   #773

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Good morning all.

Our youngest (age 2) granddaughter spent the night. She was up at 4:30.

Elmo Elmo Elmo Elmo. eek! She has no concept of grandpas quiet time in the morning. Had to take the laptop out to the garage to have my first cuppa joe.

Got a lot done out here yesterday and more yet to do. At least a truck load of scrapyard goodies sitting in the middle of the garage. Mostly all those things you hang on to because "We might need this for something". DW was so proud of me she made me a special desert.

Will trailer up the Nova and one of the italians today so they can go to the detail shop in the morning. Will drop off the other italian when I pick those up. Sad to see them go but just no place to keep them once the S&B is gone. Can't park them out in the open in Oklahoma on the ranch. Only thing on the property is a well, a septic and a power pole for the RV. Still need to build a shop and a shelter for the coach. DW wants to hit the road for a while so may be a year of two before thats done. My babys cant sit out in the rain, hail, snow and sun for two years.

OK, enough of my woes. Have a great day all.
Old 03-01-2015, 07:34 AM   #774
bap

goodmorning eveyone,,pouring down the rain this morning as i wait for the coffee to perk,,,,

going to go check on another old camper today , with all this rain i will know if she is a leaker or not...lol..

stay safe...bap
bap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 08:56 AM   #775
bap

on a nother note,,,we made it threw febuary,,,,happy march everyone,,

were getting closer to greener pastures here,,,,i hope so because hay is getting scarce and the horses are wanting to hit the fields,,then i will have some go time,,,,hard to do with them in the barn and needing grained and hayed every day,,,but when they hit the field they are maintenance free...lol
bap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 10:31 AM   #776

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Car Nut View Post
Good morning all.

Our youngest (age 2) granddaughter spent the night. She was up at 4:30.

Elmo Elmo Elmo Elmo. eek! She has no concept of grandpas quiet time in the morning. Had to take the laptop out to the garage to have my first cuppa joe.

Got a lot done out here yesterday and more yet to do. At least a truck load of scrapyard goodies sitting in the middle of the garage. Mostly all those things you hang on to because "We might need this for something". DW was so proud of me she made me a special desert.

Will trailer up the Nova and one of the italians today so they can go to the detail shop in the morning. Will drop off the other italian when I pick those up. Sad to see them go but just no place to keep them once the S&B is gone. Can't park them out in the open in Oklahoma on the ranch. Only thing on the property is a well, a septic and a power pole for the RV. Still need to build a shop and a shelter for the coach. DW wants to hit the road for a while so may be a year of two before thats done. My babys cant sit out in the rain, hail, snow and sun for two years.

OK, enough of my woes. Have a great day all.
A car hauler or stacker to tow behind the MH would store a couple bikes and a car. Just saying!
Old 03-01-2015, 05:24 PM   #777

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
You must have you toys!
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 07:37 PM   #778

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Well Gordon, you're right about the stacker but....

The Jeep (mine) and the SAAB (hers) are already going in there along with my woodshop and other tools (and yes a few things DW want to bring. She's always putting stuff in my man cave ). So no room for the 2 italians and the NOVA unless.... I make at least 2 round trips with the stacker.

Then there is still the issue I do not yet have a place to put those gals once I get to the ranch. I will NOT let them sit out in the Oklahoma weather for 1-2 years.

I've had them for more than 20 years and honestly don't use them much anymore. But I restored all 3 down to the last bolt. Nova took 2 years and the italians took 6 between the 2. Hard to let em go but it will be good for them to be used again. Besides........ gives me a good reason to do new ones once the shop is done. Shhhhh don't tell DW.
Old 03-01-2015, 08:09 PM   #779

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by beamisl View Post
Good Morning All,

Sun is shining, coffee is hot, and I am relaxing at home. Good day! 10 this AM and supposedly on the rise, See the weather report says it might hit the 30's by Wednesday (my day off) which would be great! I think we are all ready for some warmth.

My laptop died Thursday night so had to get a new one. Windows 8 so have to learn this system but will bit by bit. Tried using my Nook color but it is just too small for web browsing for me.

Hope you all have a great day, stay safe and warm (or cool). Lynne
Just So you know it , there is a setting in windows 8 to go back to the Classic View if you'd feel more comfortable seeing it all like it used to be. Bobby
FastGlassMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 08:36 AM   #780

Winnebago Owners Club
Sitting here enjoying the coffee and watching it rain. Good rain overnight so the desert will enjoy the moisture. Starting to see some breaks in the clouds. Isolated showers predicted by the afternoon so another good day in the mix.

Stopped and took some pictures of Joshua trees blooming by Searchlight on Saturday.

Jay - I forgot about the release and acquire rule for toys. There will be lots of good homes for your restorations.

I gave up the truck when we moved to the MH. Now I haul my golf clubs to the course with the bike. Get some looks but the setup works fine. My golfing is marginal but I enjoy it. The bike ride is a bonus.

When the rain stops will move the ski rack and skiis to the trailer. Starting to get ready to go home.
Old 03-02-2015, 09:00 AM   #781

Oklahoma Boomers Club
"release and acquire" Hmm, I like it.

So funny you mention golf this morning (duffer myself). Last night I was looking at RV lots in the southeast. Curiosity more than anything. RV Condo lots?

Anyway I came across a golf coarse & RV park for sale. 9 holes, 30 pull through 50 amp sites with lots of room to expand. Almost tempted me to inquire. Then I remembered how much I don't like the gulf coast in summer.

Coffee is hot and tastes great. Waffles for breakfast coming soon.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 03-02-2015, 10:42 AM   #782

Fleetwood Owners Club
Sure glad it's Spring! Not expecting snow now till.....wait for it.....Wednesday!

Oh well, Good Morning everyone!
Old 03-02-2015, 11:33 AM   #783

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Afternoon Peoples,
Currently +23
Feels like +13
So Say's our Weatherman,
Coffee is great tasting today, Our really cold weather is gone I'm a hoping.
Going to take the wheel covers back that didn't fit this afternoon and run around looking for the correct size
Have to go to the Locksmith and get a New Cam lock for the Engine Cover.
One out of the 4 broke. So Need to have it Keyed to the other 3.
Come home and install. The guy on the radio just announced that we are looking at 3-4 inches of the White Crap tonight. Glad I just bought a New Battery for the Cub Cadet just have to install.
That's all I have so far.
Take care,
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 01:07 PM   #784

Winnebago Owners Club
It is just after 1 in the afternoon. Coffee is all gone and the sun is out. Time to go out and do something. Was going to take the ski rack off but Janet is using the car to go to a meeting.

Nothing to do - so out for a nap.

You know if I had known what I know now when I was younger - I would not have fought my mother when she said time for a nap. Go figure - another mother knew best moment.