Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-24-2017, 06:44 AM   #8275

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Rainy and cool here this morning, coffee is good (just opened fresh can). Finished weed whipping yesterday, then went over to Rita's son's and she was cleaning the garage while I burned the sticks and grass in the burn pit. Today is trip to the eye surgeon for routine checkup for Rita's eye surgery(she has not had any problems).
Lloyd,
I always hated polishing the wheels on my 10 wheelers, there used to be a kid that would hand polish them for $10 each. The ones on my coach are still in good shape, but those balls look like the way to go when the time comes.
Charlie,
Hang in there bud, it is really great to be rid of the S&B and all the work that goes into keeping them up. It will take a couple months to get acclimated to doing things like grocery shopping(you don't always buy the big container of things now), then you start to really enjoy the lifestyle. One bit of advice is to plan ahead for a reservation around holiday weekends, the parks tend to be booked solid if you wait, other than that we don't have any problems finding a place to stay. Winter stays can be a problem in Florida unless you book before the end of August, especially from the end of December till the first of April. If I can help with any other questions, just ask and I will do my best to help.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-24-2017, 09:08 AM   #8276

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone;
Had a great day yesterday. Lots accomplished and lots of insights found. Figured out the routing of some electrical I want to do and now it is just getting it done.

Helped the next door neighbor set up his garden. He is trying a trickle watering system under plastic. Supposed to make the plants grow better and keep the weeds down. When I left last night he and his daughter were busy planting seeds.

What a difference a day makes. Yesterday was 30C (86), today is raining and a high predicted of 14C (57). Nice day to stay inside and do some baking. Winds predicted as well with gusts to 100kph (62). Have most stuff battened down but it will likely knock a lot of the blossoms off of the trees.

Everyone have a grand day.
Old 05-24-2017, 11:52 AM   #8277

Road trip yesterday.
Acadia Nat. Pk.was a little over 300 mi.R/T
Wanted to get my lifetime pass before the big price increase.
$10 and free entry to all places run by the NPS.
Soon to be $80
Old 05-24-2017, 12:06 PM   #8278

Good couple cups of coffee this morning.
While some are just starting their RV adventure. Ours ended about an hour ago. A nice couple from Indianapolis area left on their trip back to home. Hope they enjoy the Motorhome as much as we have the past 11 years.
Listed it on RVTrader.com. Got 4 responses first 3 day. Second caller bought it without seeing it. Got little over 1/2 of what I paid for it. Not bad for a 13 year old motorhome.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1557.JPG
Views:	123
Size:	299.3 KB
ID:	162859
Good Afternoon All.
Old 05-24-2017, 03:17 PM   #8279

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wroughtnharv View Post
As everyone knows, I'm a chick magnet, just ask me.

Talking about marshmallows again. [emoji33]
Finished last of the eggs you gave us during our visit Sunday. Back to white eggs next Sunday. [emoji27]
Old 05-25-2017, 05:39 AM   #8280

Morning all!

59° here and overcast, I think this is day 6 without sun. Pretty cool temps for S.C. in the end of May. Our lawn is crazy high. If I can going to try and get at it today,, other wise when we come back Monday I will need a bailer.

Ron, congrats on the MH sale. What is the plan now?

Popeye, I love Acadia, what a beautiful place. We keep saying we will be back, but is hasn't yet fit our schedule. I didn't realize the cost of the passes are going up. We got ours 2 years ago, use it a couple times a year. Even at the new price point it would still be a deal.

Gordon, the electrical you figured out the lights under the awning? If yes happy you came up with a plan! I am still thinking about mine.

Today we need to pack our groceries etc. in the coach, tomorrow we will leave for Seneca once our friend gets home from work. Hope is he will get out early, but it is what it is.

Have a great day all!

Lloyd
Old 05-25-2017, 07:58 AM   #8281

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronjhall View Post
Good couple cups of coffee this morning.
While some are just starting their RV adventure. Ours ended about an hour ago. A nice couple from Indianapolis area left on their trip back to home. Hope they enjoy the Motorhome as much as we have the past 11 years.
Listed it on RVTrader.com. Got 4 responses first 3 day. Second caller bought it without seeing it. Got little over 1/2 of what I paid for it. Not bad for a 13 year old motorhome.
Attachment 162859
Good Afternoon All.
First thing, anyone who knows Ron in real life or has been in the coach knows that it is better than new. The reason Ron hasn't had any issues with the coach besides the thing with the Allison is he is anal about maintenance. The new owner has got a jewel and is very lucky. Congrats to buyer and seller.

One of the hens has given us a couple of double yokers Ron, burp!
Old 05-25-2017, 09:09 AM   #8282

Lloyd
Yup , it's a nice park.

Secret Mainah info: The whole coast up here is very much like Acadia.
Just not all in one spot. And a lot of it is way closer.
Unless you need to be on top of a little hill for the view or you like tourist traps like Bah Hahbah . There are many spots that are as good or way better IMO. Yup , we got a buncha tourist trap towns too.
(For anyone on their way , the black flies are all doin' fine up there....IE: not one of them is hurtin' for a meal. )
Old 05-25-2017, 09:24 AM   #8283

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning,

Coffee good this am while enjoying my second day of eight days off. I usually take this week because it is our anniversary time of the year. Like to be off and spend some time with Jerry.

It's overcast and rainy. same yesterday and we aren't going anywhere, just doing things at home that I can't seem to get done while having only one day off a week. Should be able to get about half of what I need to do done while off unless I get really lazy.

Went to dinner last night with several people from work to visit with the Lady whose job was eliminated after 41 yrs and 6 months of loyalty. It was a hard hit for her and she is 63 1/2 right now. She should be ok with Cobra insurance and the package they gave her but it was a heck of a shock for her. She seems relaxed though. Cuts still going on at work.

Not sure if we will get out camping prior to knee surgery. May have to do some after I heal up a bit. Just local stuff for now though if I can find the time.

August M & G is getting closer and I am looking forward to it. I think we will have a good time.

Any of you that Kayak, when you are using your kayak, do your legs go numb or get really tired with them being mostly straight. I have been looking at kayaks and it seems to me that your legs are mostly flat and right now I cannot do that with my right one. I know I need to wait until I heal to get one but they have some great prices right now. I have to think about my spine too. I've seen some that the seat sits higher and the knees are more bent. Have any of you tried one of these or own one? Just trying to get some info.

Popeye, did you buy a lifelong Federal parks pass?

Hope all are doing well. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 10:29 AM   #8284

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Heck of a storm yesterday. Lots of wind (gusts to 65 mph) and rain ( 1 1/4"). We ended up not too bad. Little bit of damage to our fruit trees blossoms. Plum, apple, cherry and crabapple all blooming. Looking bedraggled this morning but most of blossoms still there. Some debris from neighbors poplar trees. Hour or two of picking up will fix that. Even as I write this I can hear the grass growing. Going to need more lawn mower fuel.

Lynne - Janet bought a sit on top kayak. She has issues with bending the hip enough to slide into an inside sitting model. I think the sit on top is a bit more tippy but Janet did alright on her trip down the Colorado River in Yuma.

Ron - congratulations on the sale. Hope you have a upgrade strategy in mind.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Old 05-25-2017, 06:31 PM   #8285

LYNNE

Try to do some local camping before you have your surgery. Saw my ortho today and I can bend my knee at 95*. Might get to 105*. He says it is okay if i don't. Dismissed me from his care. Just call if i need him. He gave me pain pills for june and july. Stated I will be fully healed up in a year. That sucks about letting the Nurse go. That is the thanks that you get. I worked at my local hospital for almost five years. DH had a certain shut down from the plant he worked at. They couldn't give me the time off to get married even though we were short a Nurse for a whole year and I consistently worked over time. Most time 12 to 14 days in a row. I left with fifty some sick days that I didn't get paid for. In hind sight I should have gotten my MD to put me off on sick leave. I refuse to use any services of this hospital because of this. Sometimes life sucks. Take care and enjoy you vacation.
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 05:01 AM   #8286

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Luckily we missed the storms that rolled through the area south of us, we just had a lot of rain.
Lynne,
We bought an inflatable Kayak with the inflatable seats. Legs don't seem to go numb, but the tush does if you don't sit correctly. The one we bought is a 2/3 person, although I am not too sure how much leg room would be there with 3 people. It seems to work good with 2 people. They only take a few minutes to inflate with the included foot pump, and they fold up into a package that is easily tranported in the trunk of our toad.
Ronj,
Glad that you got your MH sold and that you got a good price for her.
Lloyd,
Safe travels and have a nice visit with your friends.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 05:24 AM   #8287

Drinking first cup of coffee. Looks gloomy out. Not going to be many happy campers this weekend. Rain off and on all weekend.
Buyers of my motorhome made it home with no problems. No Transmission problems. Got a text on how to get dash radio to work with surround sound system. I does not connect. If that's all they call me about on how to fix or get it to work. We both have it made.
We have no plans for getting back into RVing. But we do have hookups for RV's in our yard. 50 amp and water. With a dump station. I invite others to enjoy our place. Not far from Detroit. NW about 40 miles. It is limited to 12' height. Send me a PM if you would like to visit.
Friends was going to send a couple night with us starting yesterday. Got a call from him about 2 pm. Help, "I'm stuck in middle of road. In front of Sams. Big bang and go. I have to keep my foot on brake pedal. to stop from rolling backwards." I was a little over a mile away. Police were already there and called a tow truck. First thing I did was put emergency brake on in his little Saturn car. That stopped MH from rolling back. Police had called a tow truck. But they showed up with a flat bed. Had to wait for the big rig that can tow a 1998 Ford chassis 33' MH.
While waiting for second tow truck we started motor and put transgression in drive. Drive shaft turns and not good noises come from rear axle. Tow truck towed MH off road and removed axles. Before towing to repair shop that is 2 blocks away from Sam's Club. Tow company charged $250. Friend considered that a fair price. Good Sam was not going to send anyone until it was determined what was causing problem.
We went out to dinner. Friends went back to MH and pickup their fridge perishables and personal stuff and drove across river (Windsor Ontario, CA) to their home. They will be back for those 2 nights when repairs are complete.
Good Morning All.
Old 05-26-2017, 05:25 AM   #8288

Good morning all!

56°here, really cool for late May. Sunny headed to 81°.

Our friends will be ready around 2pm, we are picking them up at their house with the coach and Jeep and off we go. I'll be missing for a few days, not taking the laptop.

Popeye, I am familiar with some of the places on the way up to Acadia, but I have not been north of there. There are some really nice RV parks.

Lynne, we Kayak. Deb and I have "sit in" kayaks, however they are lake or calm water boats. There is lots of room to more your legs around and you can adjust the foot rest (used for bracing when you paddle) to have bent knees. Janet lent me her "sit on top" kayak when we were in Yuma. Again the foot rests are adjustable. But it is a noticeable difference in how much more balance it takes in hers as you are actualy sitting above the water. However,,,, it is much easier to get in and out of. The balance issue quickly becomes a non-event as you get used to it. If you will be in calm water, no waves or boat wakes and have good balance, the "sit on" kayaks would be the way to go.

Oh, spoke to my trailer guy yesterday, our trailer is almost done they are putting finishing touches on it. He was going to go check it out and go over it himself and give me a call. Looks like next week we will pick it up.

Have a great day all and a wonderfull memorial day weekend! Remember those who served our countries and gave it all so we can be free!!!!

L.