Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-21-2017, 08:11 PM   #8499

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aerobic_treatment_system W.D.they work awesome but there can be some problems. One is that the bacteria has to be just right, a bud had a teen age daughter that would slaughter his bacteria in the system every time she rinsed her hands after doing her nails. Took him awhile to figure out what the problem was and when he did daughter learned to never ever put anything toxic into the system. A good way to know if your neighbor has an issue with their aerobic system is when you feel the city sewer plant moved in next door.

Glad to see everyone doing good for the most part.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-22-2017, 05:39 AM   #8500

Good morning all!

Overcast, everything is still wet from last nights rain. Hopefull I will be able to go to bike night tonight at 6:30. Enjoyed the last one would love to do it again. Not sure which bike I will ride, might decide based on my chance to get rained on. My XR dualsport is easier to clean,,,, just hit it with the pressure washer.

Gordon, congrats on having the windshield done!!! Glad that is behind you.

Feeling bad for the people in Cindy's path. It seems to be awfull early in the season for that. Many places are flooded already. I hope you all miss that!

Have a great day all!

L.
Old 06-22-2017, 06:20 AM   #8501
bap

good morning gang,,

LYNNE,,prayers for you on your knee,,

FRANK,,prayers for your dad,

been very busy here,,never have a chance to get on line,,,,always have things going on,,,,,we have 4 tt,s that are undergoing rebuilds,,,a 1962 sprite 400,,1969 scotty hilander,,1966 go tag along,,1968 Apollo,,--the sprite is all but finished the tag along is getting closer,,
,,,have a great day my friends,,

jeff
Old 06-22-2017, 06:49 AM   #8502

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Dad is feeling very chipper this morning, he will be going back to a regular room as soon as a bed is available. He is to gets sonogram of his heart today to check on the leakage of one if the valves. That is all that is planned.
Bap,
Busy guy , you have to save some of those trailers to show us when we get there from the M&G.

Rain here in Nashville from Cindy, up to 6" in places. Supposed to be out of here by sat morning.
Have a good day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 07:17 AM   #8503
bap

happy to hear your dad is feeling better,,,prayers for great results,,

I'm sure I will have at least 1 ,,but hopefully I will find another 1 or 2,,lol
Old 06-22-2017, 07:53 AM   #8504

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone;
Nice to see you back on the thread Jeff. Good that you are able to find the units to work on.

Frank - looking good for your dad. Tell him to keep it up.

We had some high winds yesterday. Good thing we put hurricane clips on the trusses. Lots of people lost shingles and a couple establishments lost parts of roofs. Many trees down and a town south of us still has 15% of the electric grid down. Supposed to be breezy today and then calm tonight. Clouds are just whipping by and we get light showers. Just enough so I would be making smoothies. aka grass slurpee. Perhaps tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Old 06-22-2017, 06:39 PM   #8505

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Evening,

Got Miss May cleaned inside and out. Restocked her for use this summer and going to learn tomorrow how to hook up the Equinox to tow four down.

I have a question for those of you who travel in your RV and spend months away from home or full time. Which bank do you use and why?

We use a credit union and don't like paying charges to take money out of ATM's. When we come down to Florida or go out to Arizona we want to have access to our money without charges.

Figured this group would have some good info as to which could be the best choice for traveling like you all do. I want to have a bank set up prior to me getting SS so I can start out with mine going into that account.

Hope you all have a great night! Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 07:00 PM   #8506

Hi Lynne!

We bank at the large nationwide bank with the stagecoach. Before I retired I worked there, however I get no advantage from that relationship.

Deb and I have been long time online bankers. The best part of that, is you can be anywhere and do anything with few limitations. The big banks, have more features and abilities than the smaller banks as they can afford the systems and security it takes to make this all work. Security for online is becoming a bigger deal everyday. Make sure where you pick has you covered.

Of course the bigger nationwide banks also have branches just about everywhere. So if you need cash, or personal help it is always on your way to someplace you are going.

Good luck!

L.
Old 06-22-2017, 09:37 PM   #8507

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Goodmorning everyone! Coffee is good today!
Am writing this from my phone, as my laptop is in the shop again! The track pad went crazy, and i have tried numerous times to turn it off! No can do, this version of windows will not let me or the shop that installed it turn off the track pad! So I am having windows 8 installed! Hope that helps! I will be buying a new laptop when we come to the U.S.!
Lynne, no getting around the atm fee's. I also have the stagecoach bank, along with my small town bank, that i know everyone's first name, and have my SS direct deposited in that account! I can transfer money from one account to the other online no charge! Also having two debit cards is a must, if by chance, a ATM eats a card! Happened to me in Mx. once!

Well typing on this phone is hell, so I'm out of here!
Everyone have a great day! Rail!
Old 06-23-2017, 03:39 AM   #8508

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by beamisl View Post
Evening,

Got Miss May cleaned inside and out. Restocked her for use this summer and going to learn tomorrow how to hook up the Equinox to tow four down.

I have a question for those of you who travel in your RV and spend months away from home or full time. Which bank do you use and why?

We use a credit union and don't like paying charges to take money out of ATM's. When we come down to Florida or go out to Arizona we want to have access to our money without charges.

Figured this group would have some good info as to which could be the best choice for traveling like you all do. I want to have a bank set up prior to me getting SS so I can start out with mine going into that account.

Hope you all have a great night! Lynne
Great question - last year was our first time snowboarding - we were in a very small town in SW FLA. Our bank is Chase, which did not have a branch in town, the nearest branch was 20 miles away.

So how do I get cash???

I also dislike using ATM machines that charge a fee.

Well if I went to Ft Meyers I could visit a Chase bank branch - we don't always go to Ft Myers tho, so we used the next best thing, our debit card at Walmart and got cash back......I don't like to use a debit card and use our credit card as a debit and pay it off every month - so I wasn't happy with that arrangement........

So........I opened a "free" checking account at a local bank. Didn't take the checks, I wanted the debit card in order to use the ATM in town.

I do not keep a lot of money in there currently but will be able to transfer cash into the "local" account when we are back there this coming winter.....

Now this works for us but we stay put. When we do travel, Chase has branches all over the US - or at least in places we go so perhaps an account at a major nation wide bank might work for you?

If you bank online, you can still keep your credit union account and pay all your bills - your SS will be direct deposited and you will be in great shape.

Key is finding a local bank that has free checking. Ours was free because we are elderly.......LOL.........well maybe not elderly but old enough to get a Senior Checking account, which means no monthly fees and no large minimum balances....I did all my search about the local banks online so i knew exactly what I wanted when I went in and opened the account. I went with Florida Community Bank, who have branches in other parts of Florida - not sure where tho.

Hope this helps somewhat.....good luck.

Oh - and now the next question is how to get internet in your RV so you can do all this banking and research!!!!! LOL That's a whole other chapter..........

g
Old 06-23-2017, 05:40 AM   #8509
cwk

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Glenn View Post
Oh - and now the next question is how to get internet in your RV so you can do all this banking and research!!!!! LOL That's a whole other chapter..........
Check out the discussion here on iRV2: http://www.irv2.com/forums/f53/20-un...ce-337555.html
Many of us are using an ATT hotspot with unlimited data for $20/month. It's called their Connected Car Plan. It is a mobile hotspot that plugs into the OBDII port in your car. But, it can also be powered with 12VDC or an 110VAC adapter. So, you can place it anywhere in the coach, even if your vehicle does not have the OBDII diagnostic port. I've had mine for a couple of months. My last monthly bill was about $22 (with tax) and I used over 20GB last month.

This is a relatively new service from ATT, so not all of the ATT stores know about it; not even all of the phone reps either. There is a special number to call that is listed in the first post of that discussion. The thread is long, but helpful. The hotspot can be purchased directly from ATT or third party sellers for $99. The power adapters are available only from 3rd party vendors. The hotspot is free from ATT with a 2-year contract. The monthly charge is $20 plus tax per month with or without a contract. I do not like contracts, so I purchased the Mobley hotspot from a 3rd party vendor. Then signed up for the service from ATT directly.

They have been running out of stock on the device, then getting them back in stock. Folks sometimes have to keep checking to see if they are in stock, then quickly ordering them. By the way, I do not have any other ATT service. So, no "bundling" is required.

Much more info in the above-mentioned discussion. Caution: the thread is very large, but, if you want to save a fortune in cellular internet service, it's worth the time.

So, there is your "whole other chapter" to read.
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 05:55 AM   #8510

Morning!

Well it rained a lot last night. Getting very soggy here. The clouds are supposed to clear some this afternoon, and the sun is going to take us in the 90's today and tomorrow. Still chance of T storms in the afternoons.

Spent yesterday sanding the walls in the new trailer. That is done. Need to move the trailer outside this morning and blow it out. Lots of saw dust inside. Decided next step is to polyurethane it. Floor comes next.

Lynne, jumping ahead to the next question as Glenn put it. Deb and I live out in the country. No cable available so our choices were cell internet or satellite. We have great cell service here, so we went with Verizon and leased a Jetpack. It is a small box the size of a pack of cigarettes, portable in that it runs on battery. 4g service has been available in most of the places we have camped, except in the national parks etc. where no cell service exsist. You can connect up to 7 devices at the same time to its Wi-Fi and it works plenty fast enough for our use. Deb often uses it while we drive,,, which is handy for park searches etc.. And we use it at home everyday.

Have a great day all!

L.
Old 06-23-2017, 06:02 AM   #8511

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning,

Had my first and only cup of coffee this am and it was nice just sitting here and relaxing and reading posts.

We had quite a rain storm last night. Miss May got a second wash and I am sure it didn't hurt her one bit. Sure ready to go camping but not sure we will make it before M&G due to the knee situation. Sure hurts this am with the rain.

I am going to update the M&G list and get it out to all of you. I will go through the thread and add anyone who came on after I made this and ask for confirmation of info when I send it out. Will probably take me a week or two to get it done so please be patient.

Rail, I sent it to you so please check your info and get back to me with any changes and I have your emergency info and sent you mine.

I have a Verizon hotspot for using when we do anything with the pc. We would use the CG wifi for games and such but otherwise the hotspot. I have not done online banking before because I have not needed it. Jerry has with our Credit Union. With traveling I know it will be to my benefit start using it and I will once I pick out a bank. Credit card is Chase so probably that one.

Going to be a lot of rain today according to the satellite map. We still need it so not complaining. Hope you all have a good day.

Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 06:26 AM   #8512
cwk

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Good morning, all!

Another hot (90+) humid day here. We have not seen any rain from Tropical Storm Cindy. We are on the Atlantic Coast and that event happened on the Gulf Coast much, much farther west.

Lynne, Lloyd's notes about Verizon's Jetpack are spot on. We have a Verizon hotspot as well.

Well, I was writing a post describing the Verizon hotspot, then your post about having one appeared. So, I deleted all of that.

Well, time to get off to work. Everyone have a great day!
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote