Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-27-2017, 07:51 PM   #8555

Love that app Lynne it is helpful...

Mk

Sent from my XT1650 using iRV2 - RV Forum mobile app
mkohler30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-28-2017, 06:08 AM   #8556

Good morning all!

Partly cloudy today, lots of blue shinning through. 64.

I also use Rvparky. Great application, terrific when i
On the road, pick a town ahead on your route and it will list everything from rest areas, walmarts, to rv resorts. Good stuff.

Frank, sounds like soon Dad will be back to his old mischief.

Tim, I guess there was not a car show! You made the entire thing up! LOL

Watching Good Morning America and they are talking about record low fuel costs this holiday weekend. 55 cents a gallon less than last year. Cheapest in the country, South Carolina $1.88 for regular. Whoo Hoo!

Have a great day all.

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 06:24 AM   #8557

Carolina Campers
Good morning!

Frank, hope the road ahead for your Dad remains level.

Well, I have to get at 'me and make some coffee.

You all have a great day.

Ted
tedgard01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 06:25 AM   #8558

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd in S.C. View Post
Good morning all!

Partly cloudy today, lots of blue shinning through. 64.

I also use Rvparky. Great application, terrific when i
On the road, pick a town ahead on your route and it will list everything from rest areas, walmarts, to rv resorts. Good stuff.

Frank, sounds like soon Dad will be back to his old mischief.

Tim, I guess there was not a car show! You made the entire thing up! LOL

Watching Good Morning America and they are talking about record low fuel costs this holiday weekend. 55 cents a gallon less than last year. Cheapest in the country, South Carolina $1.88 for regular. Whoo Hoo!

Have a great day all.

L.
Really? $1.88? I guess that $1.86 I saw yesterday was just like Tim & Joe's car show.......

It's kind of interesting here on gas pricing right now. Lowest I've see for regular is $1.86 but in a twenty mile radius I've seen it as high as $2.29.
Old 06-28-2017, 06:46 AM   #8559

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Dad kicked us out last night around 10 PM, he is starting to be more like himself. Kidney numbers dropped significantly again this morning. It looks like he is making real progress. His heart is still not staying in rhythm, but that may be the new normal. We shall see what happens in the next few days.

Welder is due to come this morning. Harvey, the weld itself broke, looks crystallized. I think that the jack slid off the jack pad and that put side ward pressure on the bracket pulling away from the frame because it bent the bracket some.

Charlie,
You might find something in that price range, but check out the park carefully, and book now because most parks fill up quickly, in fact some are requiring 3 to 4 month minimum during the season. hard to find anything close to the gulf, but keep looking and don't get discouraged, it will be a timing thing. We use woodalls.com and the good sam rv travel guide. If you start looking and calling now, you should be able to find something that will work for you. Remember that most rates are plus electric, so include that into your budget.

Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 07:57 AM   #8560

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Good morning all, glad to hear your dad is getting better Frank.

Happy birthday Tim, best wishes.

Enroute back to Iowa right now.

Stay safe everyone, enjoy the day, it's a pretty one.

W.D.
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 08:08 AM   #8561

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone;
Happy Birthday Tim. Hope you have a wonderful day and many more to come.

Last day unsupervised. Janet returns tonight. Rain today. Not very hard but just enough to be miserable. Unable to go out and get in trouble in the yard. May have to polish the coach or something similar.

Nice to see the price of fuel dropping into a range that it should never exceed. Dropped some here as well but we are coming up to a long weekend.

Got to get busy enjoying my last hours without supervision. Looking forward to the return of the supervisor.

Have a grand day.
Old 06-28-2017, 08:47 AM   #8562

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Happy Birthday Tim.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 04:17 PM   #8563

Happy birthday Tim! And many more!

Harvey, I typed that on here, moments later got a call from my Buddy asking if I could work today on a fence job. He picked me up, and first station we passed had a sign for $1.85.!!! So much for Good Morning America acuracy.

Gordon, hope you cleaned up before the supervisor returned!

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 06:09 PM   #8564

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
Sorry Charlie;
We winter in Yuma area and have no idea of facilities in the south east. Perhaps Frank will be able to help.
Thanks for trying anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam-3 View Post
Post in the general IRV2 section. I'm sure you will get many responses.
I will do that, thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by beamisl View Post
Charlie,

Check out RVParky.com and download the app on your phone or tablet. I have used it and it works pretty well. just put in a general area, set your priorities and push search.

Good Luck, Lynne
We have the app but haven't thought to check it, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franka548 View Post

Charlie,
You might find something in that price range, but check out the park carefully, and book now because most parks fill up quickly, in fact some are requiring 3 to 4 month minimum during the season. hard to find anything close to the gulf, but keep looking and don't get discouraged, it will be a timing thing. We use woodalls.com and the good sam rv travel guide. If you start looking and calling now, you should be able to find something that will work for you. Remember that most rates are plus electric, so include that into your budget.

Have a great day all,
Frank
Thanks

And finally, happy birthday Tim
Charlie and Martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 08:16 PM   #8565

So Tim's had another birthday, there's a lot of those this time of year. I hope yours is a happy one.

Lloyd, if I hadn't been driving I would have taken some photos of $1.85 for you around here.

I hope everyone is having at least twice the fun I am.
Old 06-28-2017, 09:22 PM   #8566

Carolina Campers
Goooodmorning!!!

Good evening...

Tim, belated birthday wishes to you.

Frank, glad that your Dad is doing better.

I thought I had a good price at $1.93 today.... now I see I've been ripped off... (NC tax man got me)

If we are paying these prices, I bet CA are thinking that $3.35 is a real deal...

Ted
tedgard01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 10:53 PM   #8567

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Good Evening,
Thank you all for the Birthday wishes.
I had a wonderful day started with a Leak in the ceiling right on my head...it just poured last night. Then a call from my brother he's ready to sign for the house down the street from him on Lake Sara that I talked about earlier.
Day ended with a dinner party with Joe's mom's sister and her family visiting from Hawaii, one of Joes cousins B-day was Monday so we shared the honor cutting the cake.

Lloyd you asked about having more than one house this will be # 4 for him. One has a small Mom & pop's type grocery store attached. So it looks like I will be a lake dweller during the summer months after I sell the house.
Tried again for the Pics. I don't get it I did the same for years and now can't get um up
Thanks again for the B-day wishes,
Signing me off a year older,
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 10:58 PM   #8568

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone! Coffee is very tasty today!

Well, I just got my laptop back from the shop after a week without it! The windows 7 I had installed about 2 months ago, just went crazy! So, after taking it in to them to have them turn off the track pad, and they could not do it too, they told me I needed to upgrade to windows 10! Well, I am now trying to get my baby back up and running again, with me learning a new OS! It's not too bad so far, but have not dove into it too deep yet? But one thing I can do now is turn off the track pad, which has been possessed for a couple years now! I use a external mouse, which is so much better and faster! It is just as well, as my bank just sent me a message that I would not be able to do my mobile banking, with windows 7 or older operating systems! So all for the best!

Happy birthday Tim!

Well I hope all the prices I have seen you guys posting are for diesel? Not to many of us have gas coach's, I think Lynne, Tim, Steve(?) are the only ones?
I sure hope they stay low, till after our trip back this year!

28 days till we fly out of Bangkok for Chicago, Via Tokyo! Man, it is coming quick, and I am ready!
Starting to make out my list of things that I want to do to Mona when I get there!

Well, everyone have a great day! Rail!