Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-11-2015, 09:19 AM   #855

Good Morning All! Well we made it to Florida, sitting at SO's sisters house in central Fla. Had nothing major bad happen, Thank God. Leaky front air bags, rough ride. And a fuel leak to the gennie. Refrigerator NG. If your gennie starts running rough or quits under load on a P30 chassis, look just behind the rear right wheel for a T in the main fuel line that branches of to the gennie. Rusted steel line laying on top of frame, gennie ran rough and would not run without the engine running or ignition key on, guess it would suck air to the gennie unless the tank pump was pushing it up. Ran great all the way down to NC, picked up a crap load of fuel, ran like hell for 200 miles then fueled up with better gas. Probably leaking fuel didn't help, but checking the plugs today, might have burnt the ends with the pinging on the hills! I think its a keeper, even with the bad gas thing I averaged about 8.5 mpg with the gennie running! Bobby

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-11-2015, 09:43 AM   #856

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Good morning, I may be the last one up, but I'm on pacific time.

Coffee is hot & tasty.
Light rain so far.

Gordon & Janet glad you're home safe.

Rail it is but I'm positive about it. The more that goes the sooner I'm living my dream. Although letting someone else do it would be better.

Huntnski I hope all goes well.

Lynne good luck with the knee.

If I missed anyone I'm sorry, still working on 1st cuppa.

Just about to get in the shower before heading to the dr. Need to discuss the plan for my hip.

Hope you all have a fabulous day!

Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 09:48 AM   #857

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Great News I was wondering how you were doing, Did you check the fuel Filters? That's what got use First trip out. I have 3. I know I'll get it for this But do you think Premium would have helped in the Mountains? I have the Pics of the Cub and will forward them too you.
Now don't get all Sunburned. Ahh Go ahead,
Thanks for the post.
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 10:49 AM   #858

Winnebago Owners Club
Good morning all. I think we are the last up. Slept in after a restless night.

Got home to some messages on the answering machine. Several from the hip clinic saying that the hip school had been cancelled and Janet had an appointment with the anethesioligist several days ago. Phoned the house instead of the cel. Of course that gave us some cause as the message started out saying that the hip date had been cancelled. Quickly reversed the hip date for hip school. Let that work in my mind overnight thinking about different scenarios. Called this morning and all is still on track. Hip school moved back a couple days. Whew!!

"Meet and Eat". We are in. If you like to cook, I like to eat. Have food will travel! LOL. It would be great to get a group together. We will be traveling through Iowa sometime in June. Couple things we need to get tweaked on the coach.

Coffee was terrible this morning. I found a cupfull of beans in the coffee container. They have been there for a couple months. I thought "what the hey - how bad can they be?" Do I have to make a list? I could. I will be restocking today with fresh beans and will be making another pot of black nectar. I will make a note to self to not make coffee from beans that have been sitting out for two months. It looked like coffee.

Going to spend the day working on all of the stuff I left behind when we went south. Back to the real world.

Everyone have a great day.
Old 03-11-2015, 12:45 PM   #859

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by spritz View Post
Great News I was wondering how you were doing, Did you check the fuel Filters? That's what got use First trip out. I have 3. I know I'll get it for this But do you think Premium would have helped in the Mountains? I have the Pics of the Cub and will forward them too you.
Now don't get all Sunburned. Ahh Go ahead,
Thanks for the post.
Tim
Thanx Tim, yeah i'm going to just relax and try to get everything working. I love the 3 dogs but they are a PITA! Going to check everything and see what happens. I will try a load of premium after the plugs get changed, but it has only pinged a tiny bit on the biggest hills. If I keep my foot out of it watching the vacumm gauge it is fine.All water is ok, had the pink stuff in it , no leaks, yea! Will get some pics later. All winter laying in wet and cold to get here, now I get to sweat my but off and get bit up by FireAnts, LOL! Can't win! Bobby
Old 03-11-2015, 01:02 PM   #860

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
Good morning all. I think we are the last up. Slept in after a restless night.

Called this morning and all is still on track. Hip school moved back a couple days. Whew!!
Thats good news.

Quote:
"Meet and Eat". We are in. If you like to cook, I like to eat. Have food will travel! LOL. It would be great to get a group together.
Sounds like a rally

Quote:
Coffee was terrible this morning. I found a cupfull of beans in the coffee container. They have been there for a couple months. I thought "what the hey - how bad can they be?" Do I have to make a list? I could. I will be restocking today with fresh beans and will be making another pot of black nectar. I will make a note to self to not make coffee from beans that have been sitting out for two months. It looked like coffee.

Everyone have a great day.
I make it a point to never make coffee from anything I didn't grind just before it went into the coffee maker. Learned the lesson of old coffee a few years back. OMG that was nasty. Never again.
Old 03-11-2015, 01:08 PM   #861

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Car Nut View Post
I make it a point to never make coffee from anything I didn't grind just before it went into the coffee maker. Learned the lesson of old coffee a few years back. OMG that was nasty. Never again.
I ground the beans - from the container. LOL
Old 03-11-2015, 01:40 PM   #862

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
A FYI: If you leave coffee at home store it in the freezer and you won't have that problem.

Knee has to be replaced. Got spurs causing all the pain and it is swollen and unstable due to wear and tear. Going to try to wait until January. Got way too much to do this summer. Need to get the parking pad in for the future MH, clean out the basement, de clutter the house and flower beds. Will be off 6 months possibly due to either standing or walking all day long. He said might make it in 4 or 5 but not to count on it. This is why I wanted to wait until I retire but know by the way it feels that is not possible. My boss is going to love this.

May end up being my retirement date comes earlier. Will have to wait and see.

Otherwise, having a beautiful sunny day outside. Snow is melting and can now see grass out there. Water laying all over because the ground is frozen. When it is not it will be gone fast.

Hope you all have a wonderful day, Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 02:02 PM   #863

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by beamisl View Post
Knee has to be replaced. Got spurs causing all the pain and it is swollen and unstable due to wear and tear. Going to try to wait until January. Got way too much to do this summer.

Need to get the parking pad in for the future MH, clean out the basement, de clutter the house and flower beds. Will be off 6 months possibly due to either standing or walking all day long. He said might make it in 4 or 5 but not to count on it. This is why I wanted to wait until I retire but know by the way it feels that is not possible. My boss is going to love this.
There seems to be a lot of joint replacement going around. I am sorry that the remedy is surgery. I always hope for a more elegant, less invasive cure. Best on the outcome.

As a suggestion I would defer the parking pad until you have the MH you are going to purchase. In my mind there are a couple reasons for this.

1) you will see where it fits the best and (2) the best dimensions for it. This will enable you to build it the correct size and see where the MH will track so you do not over or under build it. Driving the MH on the grass will not damage anything you are going to remove.

I parked the 5er for a number of years on the grass. I placed some of the 3x3 patio blocks under the tires. In hindsight I could have parked on the grass equally well for the time I was parking it in that spot. I decided later to park in a different spot and all I had to do was lift the blocks, throw in some dirt and grass seed and the spot was cleaned up.
Old 03-11-2015, 02:51 PM   #864

Fleetwood Owners Club
Good afternoon! I'm one tired puppy! Thanks for the best wishes on my brothers surgery, they were able to get cancer out, had to remove a little more lung than first expected but he's recovering well. Would take a nap but I've got a Dr. Appointment in about 30 min. Later!
Old 03-11-2015, 02:57 PM   #865

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Good afternoon! I'm one tired puppy! Thanks for the best wishes on my brothers surgery, they were able to get cancer out, had to remove a little more lung than first expected but he's recovering well. Would take a nap but I've got a Dr. Appointment in about 30 min. Later!
Thats great news.
Old 03-11-2015, 03:00 PM   #866

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Glad to hear everything went well.
Old 03-11-2015, 03:31 PM   #867

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Same here Huntnski. Hope he continues to do well. Gordon, good idea. I am fighting myself on not having continued with the purchase of the Winnie. It is still for sale and it bites hard cause it is so clean. We need to wait though for a lot of reasons. The blocks sounds good though. Might just decide to go that route since if we sell the house the new owner will be able to remove if they don't like it. I hate the idea of the replacement but the X-rays were a mess. I see why it hurts so much.

Take care all. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 03:37 PM   #868

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Afternoon All, Bobby,glad to hear no major problems. Lynne, sorry to hear about your knee, I know what your going thru. HuntnSki good news on your brother. Have a great afternoon.

97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is offline   Reply With Quote