Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-07-2017, 11:26 AM   #8667
cwk

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taheeber View Post
Good morning! I just subscribed to irv2 this morning and since you all seem so nice, I wanted to ask a question. I've never been on a forum before and when I searched for what I was looking for, one person was asking about wifi and someone was very mean to this person and said "that's what the search button is for" so I hope I don't get the same response.
Taheeber,

Yup, the search button is handy. However, sometimes the results can be so overwhelming, or just not the right answer you need, the question(s) need to be asked again. It's ok. Lots of us have been there, not known where to look, asked our question, and got pointed in the right direction. Also, keep in mind that thoughts and intentions are sometimes misinterpreted when we are not talking "live" with someone. What some folks might consider "mean" may be someone else just giving a quick, short reply with no ill-will intended. The written word, and our English language, can be interpreted in many different ways.

Once you start looking around all of the different forums, you should find a forum called: Technology (Web, TV, etc.) Look under the menu heading labeled RV Forums, then it is near the bottom on the last column. There is some great info there. It may or may not have an answer to your current questions, but it might be a great place to post your question. There are probably a lot more folks that follow that forum than read this Goooodmorning thread/discussion. It might be worth asking the question there if you cannot find an answer soon.

Also, I would accept Charlie's offer of a Private Message to see if he can assist. He may have an answer, or a direction for you.

Again, welcome. It takes a while to find all of the great info on iRV2. I found this to be the best RV forum around. We are glad you are here.
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-08-2017, 04:53 AM   #8668

Good morning all!

Taheeber, welcome to the forum! Good advise the others gave. I am not familiar with that device. But it is a multi step process that is not very hard to trouble shoot by those experienced, and there certainly many of those in the thread suggested.

Harvey, hope your knee gets to working better quickly. And stop zigging and zagging. This isn't basketball!

Well, it has been a battle, but the CBX should be ready to start in 2 hours. I worked on it nearly 10 hours yesterday. Yep Harvey, can't wait to hear it again. Mine is running stock pipes, but it still sounds like no other.

Charlie, rethreading shades. Oh joy! Not a easy task for me.

Well, have a great day all. I'm off to the barn. Have motorcycle buddy coming to help me sync the carbs. Its like rethreading shades,,,,,, hard to get exactly right.

L.
Old 07-08-2017, 05:39 AM   #8669

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Things are coming along.
Lloyd,
The realtor said to sell without furniture, we are donating the furniture to the senior center for their annual fundraising yard sale, they will come and pick it up and haul it away. Clothes and stuff will go to goodwill, and the hand tools and jars of nuts and bolt and screws will stay in the shop for the new owner. Power tools will go to the senior center. Dad's house in Florida was his and we will put it up for sale when we get down there(the garage is half full of our stuff). Everything is set up to in a trust, so no probate and no hurry to get everything done. Here in Tennessee we are just trying to get everything done so we don't have to come back down when we leave.
Taheeber,
Welcome to IRV2 and to the Goooodmorning thread, I am not familiar with the device that you describe, but as CWK said, posting on the Technology section and do a search, or ask your question, they may be able to help you. To get to the Private Message click on the Quick Links and then on the Private Message, it is right next to the logout button at the top of the page. Hope that you continue to join us here, on this thread.
Off to a breakfast put on at the senior center.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 06:12 AM   #8670

Frank it sounds like your dad had it all taken care of so that passing wouldn't be an issue like it is for so many others. If your real estate is like it is here in north Texas it will be sold instantly. I like the idea of donating stuff to the senior center. Those eighty and ninety years olds need all the help they can get.

Lloyd, when the CBX was on Bring a Trailer auction they were talking about how much fun it is to sync the carbs. One of the things mentioned was a device that went with the bike to make it simpler. But I'm sure you have it or can borrow it for your bike. You're going to have to do a video of a drive by so everyone can hear what we are talking about.

It looks like we will be dry today and then catch some rain tomorrow. I'll have to take advantage of it to go get some hay for horse and deer.

I hope all of y'all are having at least three times the fun I am.
Old 07-08-2017, 07:07 AM   #8671

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning,

Busy week last week so the coffee this morning and relaxing in my chair drinking it was quite nice. Overcast day out there today with a good and sometimes hard rain through the night Thursday / Friday. We need the rain.

Taheeber, welcome to the group. Frank owns an Alfa and this group is quite nice. There are sometimes that people seems short with their answers or not very nice, but that's just people. Some people are tactful and others not. Just keep asking or searching, someone will respond.

Done working since knee surgery is Monday. Be off throughout recovery. I am ready to be off this knee.

Sun just came out. Love the sun. The solar eclipse that will be happening when we are at M&G is the first one of it's type in 99 years. I think it will be something special to see. The 21st I believe.

Got to get some things done so better get to it. Hope all are doing well. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 08:01 AM   #8672

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Lynne, good luck with the surgery!
Old 07-08-2017, 09:51 AM   #8673

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone;
Lynne - prayers sent to guide the surgeon’s hands and for the best support team out there. Keeping our fingers crossed as well for good measure. You know the drill. Excited you are getting relief and glad you decided to go early.

Going camping with the tent trailer and motorcycle tomorrow. Today will be getting ready. Meeting our son and granddaughters for a couple days.

Garden is doing well but we need some rain. Hot and dry so watering the garden and shrubs on a regular basis. Neighbor is using fabric to cover his rows. Having wonderful results as his garden is past ours in development. I will be trying the same system next year.

Everyone have a grand day.
Old 07-08-2017, 07:16 PM   #8674

Lynne,

Prayers sent for a good surgery on Monday. My DR. did a nerve block and gave me a med pump for the morphine as well as a Fentyl patch. Had a Foley catheter for a few days. You will do well. Remember each day is one day behind you. Post when you get a chance.
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 10:31 PM   #8675

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone! Wow, coffee is very good today!

19 Day's Short! Tim? Where is Tim? Buy him a pontoon boat, and the last we hear from him?

I had a really good talk with my son this morning! I love the new technology, and can call half-way around the world, and cost's me nothing! We use the Facebook messenger and all it costs me is data, which is unlimited, and 19 dls. a month for 30/10 MBPS fiber optic! Call is crystal clear, with 0 lag, just like I am sitting there!
He lives on 6 acres, and has been working on setting up two campsites, one for Mona, with full hook-up's, 50 amp, water, and sewer! And one for his new TT, with the same! It was all overgrown with brush, trees, and growth, but he has been working his tail off, and has it all cleared, left 6 trees for shade, has a buddies stump grinder, another's Bob-Cat, and should have it mostly done when we get there!
And I think we will get the RV Carports, and have them put up for added protection from hail, rain, tree limb's, and the like!
He told me we can pull Mona in facing one way, and his TT facing the other way, so they are facing each other, awning to awning, and make a very nice setting!
We had talked about this when I was there the last time, and it will be very nice, to have our own private CG!

Lynne, good luck with the surgery, prayers coming!

Frank, hope everything sells quickly, and if you sell the house in Florida, where will you put all the stuff in the garage? That is a nice house, maybe your family might want to keep it, for a place to stay/vacation, or if you ever get tired of FT'ing? I guess you could always rent it out, but then that create's its own set of problem's most of the time!

Terry and Harvey are hard at it, and both projects looking good!

Lloyd, waiting for that video of the CBX running!

Popeye, Bap, Bobby, where are you?

Everyone have a great day! Rail!
Old 07-09-2017, 04:47 AM   #8676

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Lynne,
Our thoughts and prayers go out to you for a successful surgery and a painless speedy recovery.
Harvey,
Yes it is a lot less stressful to everyone involved. The people at the senior center were good to him and he went there often, plus it would be something that he would want. The realtor that has the house sold his last house in 2 days, plus sold him this one. It will be listed tomorrow, and I figure that it will be sold or at least a contract done by the time we leave in August for Ohio.
Rail,
We talked about keeping it, but I think it will be too much hassle and I definitely don't want to rent.We have no idea what we are going to do with all the stuff, get rid of some of it, pack some in Goldie and the see what is left, might have to rent a storage place. Niece has a big house with screened in pool in Clearwater, so family stays with her when they are in Florida. We will worry about that after we get back to florida, house is closed down, so no hurry.
Rita and I are staying at Goldie today, have Dads pickup here and going to cleanout the inside and wash it, probably clean up the car also, then we are going to veg, might even take a dip in the pool.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 06:24 AM   #8677

Good morning!

We are forecasted to have a really nice day. 65° when I got up, temps in the mid-80's low humidity. Back to regular Carolina summer tomorrow.

Lynne, best wishes for your surgery!!! First 3 days are the worse, then everyday afterwards is better. Prayers sent your way.

Rail, cool setup. Ms Prissy lives in a carport. Really makes a difference. We purchased the carport back in 2005 and used it for our new 5th wheeler. 10 years later when we sold it, it was in great shape, no sun fade, no decal curling, and the rubber roof was like new. We got top dollar on the sale. We have 3 sites here, two with full hookups, one with water and elec only.

Frank, here's to a quick Tennessee sale. Really nice that everything is going to the senior group that your Dad was part of. I think your right, he would be very happy. Enjoy a day off at the pool!

The CBX is running, carbs sync is complete. Got a small oil leak to address, and a few other little challenges. Forgot to take a video. Will get one later this week.

Yep,,,, apply a pontoon boat and Tim is gone!!! Luckliy winter comes very early in Minneapolis,,, he will get chased off the lake soon and we will hear from him.

Have a great day all!

L.
Old 07-09-2017, 06:58 AM   #8678

I think that if they took away my coffee I would survive. But man, the mornings would be tough and I've been a morning person since the get go.

Frank when it comes to renting out houses there are two kinds of people. There are those who can do it. And there are those who can't. I'm a can't so I have to agree with you on selling the place and moving on. We were talking the other day about all of the photos that we have tucked away. They mean something to us but not even the kids would want them now. There's a ton of stuff like photos and keepsakes that we're going to have to let go of and in its own way it's progress. Life goes on.

Lloyd have you found out that the newer bikes like newer cars are built less likely to leak oil? One has to believe that someone in accounting finally got through to the engineers that oil leaks cost too much and we can't have them.

Lynne we're with you tomorrow. 2011 I fell at the farm and ripped out two of the four tendons out of my left shoulder. It was two months later before they could go in and fix it. 6 1/2 hours they were in there doing their thing, day surgery. The first two weeks are kind of a blur because I don't have an issue with total shutdown to heal. 6 weeks after the surgery I lost the sling and two weeks after that I was in Haiti for five weeks. Left shoulder has full range of motion. The right one has some issues with bone spurs but the left one is a getter. Listen to your body, not the pain, your body. It won't guide you wrong. And all around us are people who have done knees and hips that will tell you that the surgery was the best thing ever for them. You got this.

Of course that's easy for me to say. I've broken a bunch of bones going through life like the bull in the china closet. Between working construction and loving speed there have been incidents we might say. So the healing process if very familiar.

I hope everyone has at least twice as much fun as I am.
Old 07-09-2017, 07:32 AM   #8679
cwk

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Good morning, all!

It's going to be another hot and humid week here in NE FL. But, then again, it is July. This is normal. Then we get August. That is usually a bit hotter and more humid. Although, we have been in the 90's for many, many days now. Oh, well. we are not shoveling snow.

Frank, Continued thoughts and prayers as you work through all of the necessary tasks. Don't forget to get a little down time for you and Rita. The pool sounds good.

Lynne, Thoughts and prayers for you, the surgeon, staff, etc. Soon this will all be a memory and the discomfort you have had for a long time will be a thing of the past. You know the drill: follow the doctor's and therapist's instructions. Ask questions when you are not sure about anything. Do not do more than they say, BUT, do not do less than they say as well. That's from DW's experience. She followed exactly and has been great for years.

Rail, Your own private campground? Wow!

Taheeber, Any luck on getting your technology issue resolved?

Well, summer is usually a slow season for work for me. Looking at the production queue at the office tells me that we are booked solid right into the fall. That's when we get the busiest. DW and I have carved out most of a week to visit the Kids (DS, DIL, GD). But, then it is right back to work to keep on schedule for me and back to work for her.

I thought I would have some time to look at Class A's for us. The closest I got to it this year was some quick stops at 2 dealerships during my day trips to see clients around the state, and a couple of trips to a local used RV dealer. Did not see anything I would consider buying yet. I am learning more of what I do and do not want. I have spent time on rvtrader, pplmotorhomes, iRV2 Classifieds, and the Newmar website (looking at older floorplans). Like a lot of folks have told us, when the right one comes along we will know. That is making more sense to me now. Thanks.

DW and I have talked about renting a Class A for a period of time to get some first hand experience. We are running into two issues here. First is that the rentals in the area all seem to be Class C's. That was at CruiseAmerica. There is something called RVShare. Apparently individual RV owners can advertise through this website. There are some Class A's there. But, reading through the terms and conditions each owner has makes me quite apprehensive. One owner stated that if the outside of the rig was "dirty" when it was returned, there would be an extra $175 fee for cleaning. Some of the rules seemed very arbitrary. I think I would rather rent from a company.

The second issue is timing. Both of us have been so busy that we had to work hard to find 5 days together to visit the Kids. The next break when we might both have a few days together is Thanksgiving, when we always visit the Kids. We stay at their home, so an RV is not needed. It appears that there will not be much time in our schedules for quite some time to come. Even weekends get crammed with things that need to be done. So, what is this thing called "retirement"???

Well, today is Sunday. I need to get a little bit of paid work done to keep on schedule. Probably only an hour or so. Then help DW with some things.

Everyone, have a great day!!!
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 07:53 AM   #8680

Good Morning All!

New guy from Ohio here. Just got back last night from a family vacation to Myrtle Beach. It was fun for me to have my morning coffee out on the condo balcony and read the iRV forums.

Now I am home and can keep prepping my '84 Lindy. I have had it less than a month and have been working on getting it running right. I just had the carb rebuilt and am about to call it good on the engine. That was goal #1. Dear Wife will quickly start to hate camping if the vacation is spent in the side of the road.

Now I am on to livability. Replaced the fresh water pump and the kitchen faucet. Going to try to get the Onan running. The house AC works. I have a guy going to test propane for me before I fire up the stove, heater, fridge, etc. Anyway... Indeed that's fine I am on to comfort stuff.

Shake- down trip this Fri and Sat at a local State Park, then July 24 heading for a week in UP Michigan.

Charlie: I love Circus World in Baraboo! You didn't see the escapee elephant, did you? She got out and took a walk. Ate some flowers... http://www.wiscnews.com/baraboonewsr...8cb333f9f.html

Hope everyone has a good morning and a great day!

Jim
BasicJim is offline   Reply With Quote