Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-11-2015, 05:23 PM   #869

Thanks Harley, i'm fine and loving getting started in the rving world! Hope you and all the other folks on here are getting done with whatever they have to do to get well, may you all be better soon! Bobby

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-12-2015, 08:49 AM   #870

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Morning All,
Currently +40
Feels like +33 (he's back)
Sunny and going up to the 70dies today Coffee is good this Morning,
My calender say's March? Did I miss a month or 2?
Glad your brother is doing well. I hope he has a speedy recovery.
I agree, sounds like were falling apart like our oldies, Fix & Repair as needed...

FastGlassMan,
Your suppose to be on Vacation... But I do the same busy busy, What cha going to use for Plugs? going to change the wires?. Mine were bad when we got her. That 454 really puts out the heat.
That's it for me,
Have a great Day
Tim

spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 09:23 AM   #871

Tiffin Owners Club
Gooood Morning All.

A very simple day today: I'm sitting here sippin' da caffeine and sayin' a prayer for all those who are hurting in any way....physical (Lynne; Gordon and Janet), emotional (Tim and Mary) and anyone else who may be struggling a bit today. May you all find peace and healing today.

Have a GREAT (or better) day, all.

Don
Old 03-12-2015, 10:03 AM   #872

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Good morning everyone.

I would love to go back in time to thank the person who came up with the idea of roasting coffee beans and then brewing them into a drink.

Currently 52 and overcast, high will be 60+

Have a great day. Me, I have bacon to cook.
Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 07:48 PM   #873

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don and Dale View Post
Gooood Morning All.

A very simple day today: I'm sitting here sippin' da caffeine and sayin' a prayer for all those who are hurting in any way....physical (Lynne; Gordon and Janet), emotional (Tim and Mary) and anyone else who may be struggling a bit today. May you all find peace and healing today.

Have a GREAT (or better) day, all.

Don
Thanks Don and all others. Brother had good portion of lung removed yesterday, last night they had him up and walking, going to regular room tonight! Wow!

God is Good!
Old 03-12-2015, 08:10 PM   #874

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Tim,

I know it seems hard when they move patients so quickly, but it really helps them to heal faster. Keep praying for his healing and help them with whatever you can. He will do better when he doesn't have to worry about every little thing.

Hope you all have a wonderful morning, see you Sat morn.

Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 09:29 PM   #875

Tim , I am on vacation, it makes me happy seeing how really simple things can be . We are going to hang here for a week or so and fix a few things for Sally's sister and her husband, while I play with the Winnie fixing a few things , then we will just meander around Florida for a few weeks and take the slow ride home up I-81 and go visit my sister and my mom up by Binghamton, NY before getting home. I'm loving just puttering around in the sun! When I say simple, I mean like finding a bunch of grounds that were iffy and fixed them and voila half the coach came back to life! It's just fun for me! There is a little ranch house around the corner for $35000, just needs some TLC on a half acre, might go measure it up for a real shop, LOL! Bobby
Old 03-13-2015, 04:36 AM   #876

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning, Bobby, I get what your saying about working on things being relaxing, I ran an auto repair shop for years, now that I don't "have" to work on a schedule I find it very satisfying fixing things
97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 07:00 AM   #877

Good morning. Its going to be a beautiful weekend. Lows in the 40s. We loaded up the 5 er and are heading to the river.
jenandjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 07:18 AM   #878

Morning All, waiting for my first cup to brew. Harley ,how is the knee doing? What part of upstate are you from? Yes , relaxing for me is the feeling I get when i'm not rushed to fix something or can save something that still has useful life left but no one else is around to fix it! We started this adventure to get away after 10 years of not going or doing anything for 10 years. The last 9 we spent building up a fairly lucrative glass, mirror and storefront shop in Long Island. I kinda lost interest in 2009 when my SO's grandson , who was working with me decided to end his own life at 23 yo in our house and with my .22 he got out of a locked closet. My only onterest in it was to build him a business that he could have kept for himself as he seemed to enjoy it and was good at it. And there are too many things I want to do before I leave this place. We could buy anything we want , but want to see how this works out for a while as it is only us 2 and our animals. Hope all of my other rv friends on here are feeling better! Bobby
Old 03-13-2015, 08:06 AM   #879

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Hi Bobby, I am in Schoharie Co. Knee is....... ok, right now it is doing something that sometimes happens, Dr's can't really explain it, it is a feeling of pouring hot water down inside my leg when I stand up, a very unpleasant feeling. It will go away, I also had it with my other knee replacement, maybe a week or so, it could be all the nerves that are cut and messed with in the surgery trying to get back together. Other than that I still do the PT. Sorry for your loss, I could not even imagine. Enjoy your stay in the Sunshine State, it will be over way too soon.
97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 08:50 AM   #880

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Good morning!

WOW Bobby, I can't even imagine that pain. Sorry for your loss.

Terry your fortitude is inspiring.

Coffee is tasting good this morning. Restless night, may have to take a nap later and catch up.

Taking photos and getting ready for one of two estate sales. Where did all this stuff come from anyway?

Have a great day!
Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 09:01 AM   #881

[HUOTE=FastGlassMan;2462744 I kinda lost interest in 2009 when my SO's grandson , who was working with me decided to end his own life at 23 yo in our house and with my .22 he got out of a locked closet. My only onterest in it was to build him a business that he could have kept for himself as he seemed to enjoy it and was good at it. [/QUOTE]

I can empathize with you with dealing with a suicide. I raised my son as a single parent and since we had a fairly nice house and my son was one of the popular leaders in school we seemed to attract a lot of trouble kids who would come over and hang out with us for a few weeks while they dealt with their relationships with their parents. I somehow ended up being the Mediator . We had one young man stay with us about 8 or 9 weeks. He was such a good kid. But he was troubled. I knew his mother when she was young as a friend so I tried to help him work out his issues with his stepfather.

Several years after he left our house He broke up with a girl friend and that just put him over the edge. I wished I could have talked to him before he decided to use the shotgun. He had so much promise.

We had almost 30 young men stay with us over the years and only lost two. The other became a drug addict. The rest of the are all happy successful men with beautiful families. They all still call me Dad when they see me....

Apologies for being a downer this morning. FGM just dredged up some old pain.

It's Friday and raining here. No motorcycle ride today or the next 5 days it looks like.
Old 03-13-2015, 09:39 AM   #882

Fleetwood Owners Club
Well Curtis and Bobby I hear no Downer here. What I hear are two men that devoted portions of there life to give guidance, food, housing and income to someone that needed that love shown to them. Your not the first father, or father figure that provided for someone they loved or cared for yet they still made bad decisions. Adam and Eve sound familiar? I have never lost anyone to suicide but have lost a nephew to drugs, a slow form of suicide. For me I find comfort in my religion, I'm not wanting to sound like a preacher but for me it works. Sometimes the best we have to offer someone still is not enough.

Now Terry I hope they figure out the hot water feeling. I too sometimes have that hot water running down my inner leg feeling, comes after drinking lots of ice tea and being a long distance from bathroom! Hope that helps! Lol

« Total Rebuild | - »