Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-13-2015, 11:11 AM   #883

Winnebago Owners Club
Curtis and FGM - sorry for your loss. It has to be hard. I wish we could see the future so we could fix or head off pain to all our loved ones.

Being home is kind of fun. Took the tractor out yesterday and moved some snow around. Melting here quite nicely so a little help was something I could do.

The knee will come Terry. I hate those weird feelings one gets as nerves regenerate or wake up. Glad it is not me. I would keep looking down to ensure I was not being incontinent!!!! Exciting news with all of the parts coming in. I am sure you will have inspected them all and laid out a plan to efficiently install them once the go ahead on the knee is given.

Neighbour is wanting to build a shed. They are talking 40 X 80. Looks like a project in the making.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-13-2015, 04:22 PM   #884

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Bobby and Curtis,

People go to friends (and I hope that is what we all are to you) when they need to discuss painful things that have happened in their lives. There is not one of us who would not be here for you if needed. There is nothing that any of us can say that will help and there are just times you need to talk and remember those that are gone because no matter what happened, your still love them. They still matter to you.

You can always discuss what you want here and can PM one of us if you want a more private conversation. God helps us through things that make no sense and cause the most pain. He sometimes eases our hearts and often sends friends to get us through. So call a friend when needed and know we will be here.

Our prayers are with you. Lynne

beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 06:55 AM   #885

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning All,

Hope you are all having a great cup of coffee this AM. The weather is warming up here in MI and I LOVE IT! It is so nice to wear a lighter jacket and see the snow all melting. It's not all gone yet, but it's getting there. What we need now is some rain to wash all the salt dust off everything.

Won't be much longer and the crocus and daffodils will be coming up then the asparagus. Love that stuff fresh out of the garden. Then my rhubarb will be growing and it will be pie time. Yum!

Hope you all are doing well this AM and knees are healing and BIL's are doing good after surgery and hopefully home now. Take care of each other and remember to smile often. We live in a great country and we have a great God.

Lynne
Old 03-14-2015, 07:02 AM   #886

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Morning All,
Currently 34 above
Feels like 23 above.
Going to be in the 60ties today.

Boy I thought I had problems no comparison, Sorry for your Loss.
Glad your enjoying yourself down there. I too enjoy working on things with out the old Boss breathing down your neck, I mean the one at work.
It was in the 70dies yesterday... Yep
Had a few people walking by that wanted to take Pics of the 64... I wish they wanted it a little more than just a picture: sad:
Got up on the ladder A nono for me but I used the door of the MH for security while going up. I found that the rubber cap where the TV antenna goes into the roof had split and was about a inch higher than it should be (Pictures later). Man what a mess, who ever repaired it before must of used a whole tube of caulking I'm surprised I didn't catch this before. Any way we cleaned the cap (full of caulking) and refilled it and re-attached it, a quick fix until we decide what Satellite system we want and will mount it there.
We got a invite to my Brothers place this afternoon, Jo's B-Day Dinner, Lasagna, Chocolate cake. (How could I refuse) But I'm going to take the MH instead of the toad. My reasoning!!! Then we can take the girl's with. His dog is a little too wild for them.
How ya doing Terry? Hope the knee is better. Has the warm weather hit ya yet? I saw yesterday the street sweepers were out in force, another sign spring is just around the next bend.
That's about all I have for now. Coffee is good as usually.
Have a Great Day Peoples.
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 08:42 AM   #887

Good Morning Everyone, on my 3 rd cup, getting up to see what my honeydew list will be today? Fixed the SIL's lawn tractor yesterday, my God some people are thick! They wait till lawn is so high it clogs everything up and never grease anything, although I must say that the Craftsman brand from Sears has become not worthy of it's former status. There are no grease fittings on those lawn tractors, you have to diassemble everything that moves to lubricate anything. Oh well , they are smiling, saying it runs like new. Bought a 3' x 4' thick rubber mat yesterday to work on stuff, don't want to rush into getting my knees worked on! Hope everyone is well, or getting there! Bobby
Old 03-14-2015, 09:07 AM   #888

Fleetwood Owners Club
Good mornings all! Visiting in AL and was greeted at front door by son and granddaughter in T shirts and shorts! I spent day barefoot! Warm weather is coming, yall just hang in there!
Old 03-14-2015, 09:12 AM   #889

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Good morning everyone. How's your coffee? We've been hooked on this stuff for a while. Much cheaper at Costco.

Anyway, it's rainy and breezy this morning. Won't get anything done outside today. Good thing I still have some painting to do inside.

Comcast is not putting me in a good mood today. 4 reboots of that X1 box this morning and I still can't get the thing to work so no news this morning.

Have a fabulous day!
Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 10:08 AM   #890

Thanks Huntnski I was raised that way. Raised my son to be a caregiver. He became an associate Pastor for one of the biggest. Churches in North Central Texas. He travels all over the world teaching. And he has gotten to be friends with some great people all over the World. I won't name drop but I will brag that he once got an invitation to talk to the "House of Lords" in England. He said that was quite an honor. Enjoyed every minute he got to teach them. He teaches Financial Stewardship Seminars to different Churches everywhere.
So I'm proud of him. I'm proud of all the kids I raised. Including mine and the others we took in over the years.

Life has been interesting for sure.
Old 03-14-2015, 10:18 AM   #891

Forgot to say this Texas weather is great, but typical. I rode my motorcycle to the donut shop for coffee this morning. Sitting here as I type this out.
We are supposed to get rain later and the first part of the week.

I'm in good spirits although the ragweed in the air is burning my eyes. Allergies never bothered me when I was working outdoors everyday. But now that I'm retired my defenses to it has gone missing.

Going to ride the long way home. Later all.
Old 03-14-2015, 10:42 AM   #892

Winnebago Owners Club
Morning everyone.

Nice slow morning here. Coffee in bed as usual was really good this morning. New bag of beans so they are really fresh.

Supposed to get to seasonal temperatures here today but will be windy. There is not much I can do outside so I will spend the day working on taxes (one of my really favorite tasks - not) and thinking of what to make for dinner tonight.

Curtis - I am jealous of the ride for coffee. Left the bike with the coach. Could not ride it here anyway as the driveway is a sheet of ice. Ride safe.

Have a great day everyone where ever you are. For those who have to work I hope the workload is just enough to make the shift pass quickly. For those who are retired I hope the work you are doing but not getting paid for is enjoyable.
Old 03-14-2015, 09:04 PM   #893

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Bobby and Curtis,
I agree with Lynne, any time you need an ear to listen to, or a shoulder to lean on, someone here will be available.
Bobby, what part of Florida are you in, I am in Brooksville, which is about 50 miles north of Tampa, about 10 miles west of I 75, if you are over this way, holler and we can meet up for a cup.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 03:55 AM   #894

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning All,

Wish I could sleep past 4AM on my days off but not this AM apparently. Does this continue even into retirement or do you adjust a bit to maybe 5am? Would love that.

Found a new knee wrap/brace. Seems to be stabilizing the knee a bit better than just wrapping it so hopefully this will help. Anyone ever have just the partial knee replacement done? Do not look forward to this at all.

Well, it is getting warmer here in MI and it's great! Supposed to be 60's Monday and then back into upper 40's 50's. Will see, but anything is better than the minus temps we have had this winter. I am sure those south who have warmed up even more are very happy with the warming trend.

Well, hope you all have a great day! Sitting here drinking my coffee and watching the flames flicker in the fire place. Nice way to spend my first hours of the day. Enjoy life!

Lynne
Old 03-15-2015, 05:48 AM   #895

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning, Lynne, for me the times have never changed, I still wake up at 5:00 am but it doesn't bother me, I love the mornings, when its still, maybe a few birds start to sing, and the hustle of the day has not started yet. I think the process of having the knee replaced sucks, no other way to put it, but the end result is having a pain free day then its worth it, mine has not yet turned the corner, it still is painful to do PT, and swells, but having had the other one done before I know it will get better. I'm not sure I would have it done in the winter through, trying to maneuver with crutches ect. on ice and snow is hazardous JMO. Everyone have a great day.
97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 06:42 AM   #896

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Lynne,
Glad to hear that the new brace is helping, and no, you still wake up at your usual time, we have group coffee here at the park, it starts at 8am, most people get there about 7:05, because most are already up. But the good thing is, after lunch you can take a nap.
Frank

Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote