Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-21-2017, 08:52 AM   #8975

Harv
I can't decide if Dad showed you how to test for spark
or how not to !!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-21-2017, 10:14 AM   #8976

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvpopeye View Post
Harv
I can't decide if Dad showed you how to test for spark
or how not to !!
Dad's way worked great before we got electronic ignitions. Now if you don't have a firm grip on the plug and the motor it can hurt real bad.

We're starting the repairs on dad's new to him travel trailer. He's as excited as a pup with two tails in a living room without rocking chairs.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1243.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	370.2 KB
ID:	173788   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1242.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	375.1 KB
ID:	173789  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1247.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	327.9 KB
ID:	173790  
Old 08-21-2017, 08:04 PM   #8977

Back from a weekend of camping

The campsite went uphill. One member of our camping club saved my bacon. He had plenty of wood so we could get the trailer level for the ref. He also had a nice big step as it was a ways to the ground. First campsite we encountered this severe of a set up problem. My mom is doing better and they removed her NG tube. Her heart tests all came back good with no problems. She should be going home soon.
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 08:19 PM   #8978

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam-3 View Post
The campsite went uphill. One member of our camping club saved my bacon. He had plenty of wood so we could get the trailer level for the ref. He also had a nice big step as it was a ways to the ground. First campsite we encountered this severe of a set up problem. My mom is doing better and they removed her NG tube. Her heart tests all came back good with no problems. She should be going home soon.
Great news on your Mom.
To bad on the camp site. We had to use 2 of the Yellow ramps on the front end at our site here in Kentucky too get it level.
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 09:44 PM   #8979

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
If I didn't say to everyone tonight at the appetizer dinner. Thanks for the friendship and letting us put names and faces together. Lynne thank you for putting all of this together.

Gordon, thank you and your lovely wife for hosting our meals and putting up with the mess.

After being with such great people it'll be hard to see everyone go. We are here until the 25th then we head to Blacksburg, VA. to see a friend. Thanks everyone for a fun time.

Charlie and Martha
Charlie and Martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 09:50 PM   #8980

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I didn't tell everyone tonight at the appetizer dinner, but thanks for making us feel welcome and for the new friendships. And, for letting us put screen names and faces together.

What a great bunch of people!

Lynne thank you for putting all of this together. I bet it was like herding cats?

Gordon, thank you and your lovely wife for hosting our meals and putting up with the mess.

After being with such great people it'll be hard to see everyone go. We are here until the 25th then we head to Blacksburg, VA. to see a friend. Thanks everyone for a fun time and can't wait until the next one.

Charlie and Martha
Old 08-22-2017, 09:13 AM   #8981

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone! Coffee is very good today!

The M&G is winding down today, with the leaving of Janet and Gordon, Lloyd and Deb, and Mom, And Ron, and Lynne and Jerry leaving later on!

Wow, sorry to see everyone go, safe travels to everyone on the road!

My cell phone battery died yesterday, and it would not take a charge? I had the same thing happen to some drill driver battery's, and zapped them with a battery charger, and they came back to life! Sooooo, I googled doing the same with a cell phone battery!
Saw a video that you can take a 9V battery, and jump start the cell battery back to life! So over to Frank's, "who has everything, by the way", borrowed a 9V battery, and some jumper wires, and gave it a shot? Wow, 0.0 on the volt meter before, and after the jump, 3.47 on the volt meter!
So, put it back in the cell phone, plugged it into the charger, and the light came on and it is taking a charge!
Love it when a plan comes together!

I bought a Zetpack from Verizon yesterday, so we will have internet, and hopefully the phone will come back to life, and will last the rest of the trip!

CG is clearing out, and soon it will be just a few of us left!

Everyone have a great day! Rail!
Old 08-22-2017, 10:38 AM   #8982

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by guardrail53 View Post
Good Morning Everyone! Coffee is very good today!

The M&G is winding down today, with the leaving of Janet and Gordon, Lloyd and Deb, and Mom, And Ron, and Lynne and Jerry leaving later on!

Wow, sorry to see everyone go, safe travels to everyone on the road!

My cell phone battery died yesterday, and it would not take a charge? I had the same thing happen to some drill driver battery's, and zapped them with a battery charger, and they came back to life! Sooooo, I googled doing the same with a cell phone battery!
Saw a video that you can take a 9V battery, and jump start the cell battery back to life! So over to Frank's, "who has everything, by the way", borrowed a 9V battery, and some jumper wires, and gave it a shot? Wow, 0.0 on the volt meter before, and after the jump, 3.47 on the volt meter!

That's a trick I put into the back of my mind...thanks.

So, put it back in the cell phone, plugged it into the charger, and the light came on and it is taking a charge!
Love it when a plan comes together!

I bought a Zetpack from Verizon yesterday, so we will have internet, and hopefully the phone will come back to life, and will last the rest of the trip!

We have Verizon Phones and active "unlimited" hot spots on each one, and we have an AT&T Hot Spot. So far (knock wood) we have had internet everywhere we've been in the last 3 months.

CG is clearing out, and soon it will be just a few of us left!

Everyone have a great day! Rail!
We agree this M&G was a hoot. Loved the place and the company.
Old 08-22-2017, 11:22 AM   #8983

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
I've been a little slow with the posts with so much going on. I really don't have everything, just more than most. Lol. We are starting our 5th year full timing, that is why we have most things someone needs.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 08:47 AM   #8984

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning,

Slept like babies last night with a nice gentle rain but boy have they had a lot of rain here in NC. Coffee helped to wake me a bit but planning on cleaning the rig today and starting to figure out what to take home and keep here.

Not thrilled with the storage lot. It is low and we will be checking out another spot this pm that is supposed to be higher ground and has security cameras. Hope it is drier than this one.

Fun with family last night and dinner there again tonight. Sure is good to see my brother again.

Chuck, I loved putting this together and when I get home I will post info for 2018. Then we can all get our sites booked and get the plan together. Start thinking about dates.

You know how we always say "Those on the road stay safe"? I think all things considered that those words came true with Lloyd and family. Words are very strong things and with all of us saying them we put a protectant aura around our friends. Could have been so much worse and so very glad that it was not.

So with that said, Those on the road stay safe! Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 10:58 AM   #8985

Hi All!

Here is a link to the thread I started about our blowout.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/our-...ml#post3768871

L.
Old 08-24-2017, 09:53 PM   #8986

Carolina Campers
Lloyd,

Thanks for the post. I think I will be looking into the Tyron bands as well.

Ted
tedgard01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 04:02 AM   #8987

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by beamisl View Post
Good Morning,

Slept like babies last night with a nice gentle rain but boy have they had a lot of rain here in NC. Coffee helped to wake me a bit but planning on cleaning the rig today and starting to figure out what to take home and keep here.

Not thrilled with the storage lot. It is low and we will be checking out another spot this pm that is supposed to be higher ground and has security cameras. Hope it is drier than this one.

Fun with family last night and dinner there again tonight. Sure is good to see my brother again.

Chuck, I loved putting this together and when I get home I will post info for 2018. Then we can all get our sites booked and get the plan together. Start thinking about dates.

You know how we always say "Those on the road stay safe"? I think all things considered that those words came true with Lloyd and family. Words are very strong things and with all of us saying them we put a protectant aura around our friends. Could have been so much worse and so very glad that it was not.

So with that said, Those on the road stay safe! Lynne
Don't forget Minn as a option.
Glad you made it sorry your not happy with the storage spot.
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 07:19 AM   #8988

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hello M&G,

Jerry and Mike are golfing again. They love it. I cleaned the fridge and other items to prep for tomorrow.

Sometimes things works out for the best and the not so good storage area here worked out for the better with the one we are going to use to store Miss May.

The old one was low ground and very wet and under pine trees and we sunk just walking it so driving the rig in would be worse with the sinking. The only spot was at the very lowest spot. $50 a month.

New spot is higher ground, not wet much and security cameras, lights all night, Barbed wire at top of fences and people on site most of the time. $30. a month. Works for us.

Sorry to be going home tomorrow but it is time. Our yard is probably in need of a cut.

Everyone stay safe. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote