Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-03-2017, 11:15 AM   #9073

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Lynne,
The girls make quilts, table runners, baby blankets, doillies, etc. Just about anything really, so make sure you bring your sewing machine.

Boy am I glad that I headed south, I would have froze up north, it is in the 90's eveyday with the lows in the upper 70's to low 80's.YES it is hot and humid, but I'm lovin it, lol.

Lloyd,
Good luck on getting Ms Prissy to Moorestown so they can get started on it. I agree with Ron, any project that requires a new tool is worthwhile, I still have a couple hundred # to go before I overload Goldie, lol.
Frank

Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-03-2017, 12:21 PM   #9074

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Charlie and Martha, raining here too! We are not to far from you, we are in a very small CG, that used to be a boy's camp back in the 40's/50's! This place is lost in a time warp, and has so much old, run down charm! The rec hall is right out of a movie set, and is so cool! Not a place for big MH's, but we fit, up on the hill in a back in site! They do have a few pull thru sites, but they are mostly taken with oil shale workers rigs! If it ever quits raining, i will get out and take some pic's! Click image for larger version

Name:	1504459209164.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	261.8 KB
ID:	175395
About all i can get of the rec hall out the window! Rail!

Old 09-03-2017, 01:22 PM   #9075

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Had a good sleep last night. Different bed so a bit of getting used to. Getting up in the night was an adventure. Different route to the washroom. Lost for a moment!!!

This morning a ride to the motorcycle club breakfast. Felt good to be back on the bike. Talk about get up and go, especially compared to the coach.

Going to wash the bugs off of the windshield and do a general cleanup of the coach and then it goes into the shed for a few days. One campout and then the next trip is to Yuma. Likely going to leave just after our Thanksgiving day. Should be on the road by about Oct 12.
Old 09-03-2017, 02:16 PM   #9076

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Afternoon,

Charlie, Jerry and I love the Duke. Think we have watched every movie at least a dozen times. Some more probably. Good movies.

Yep, terrible wiring job on the Equinox. Jerry and I figure they will say they can splice the wire, tie it up, and fix it that way. We won't accept a spliced wire because with MI winters and rain and stuff it would be just a matter of time before we have another problem. We will re-do this eventually and use a diode system. Wish we had known about it prior to the install.

So Florida this year and Frank I will bring my sewing machine for sure. Then Yuma next year. May head there after the M&G and drop the MH off at his sister's place there. Will see after leaving the rig in NC this year.

Lloyd, we checked the lights on the MH after we found the problem and they were working fine. We will check them again though, that was how we found that we had a problem. Checked them prior to leaving Walmart after leaving M&G and they were not working right.

Going to spend the rest of the day relaxing and reading. Hope you all have a nice day today and then a nice Labor Day tomorrow. Keep safe everyone and Gordon, watch the path to the bathroom, would hate to hear you fell.

Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 03:04 PM   #9077

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Ran the trash down to the dumpster, between the rain showers, and snapped a few pic's! The lights were off in the Rec hall, but the flash did pretty good, the pine trees here are super big, and very old too! The cottage across the street is pretty cool, and fairly big. They also have cabins that were used for the boys camp, and have the usual carvings done back in the day by the onrey boy's! I would have got more pic's, but the next band of rain ☔ ran me back inside! Rail!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0553.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	237.6 KB
ID:	175421   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0554.jpg
Size:	183.3 KB
ID:	175422  

Name:	DSC_0555.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	414.8 KB
ID:	175427   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0556.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	343.9 KB
ID:	175430  

Name:	DSC_0557.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	360.3 KB
ID:	175431  
Old 09-03-2017, 03:08 PM   #9078

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
A couple more pic's!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC_0558.jpg
Size:	401.8 KB
ID:	175432   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0559.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	388.2 KB
ID:	175433  

Old 09-03-2017, 04:13 PM   #9079

Carolina Campers
Rail, that looks very beautiful! Hope the rain stops.

Ted
Old 09-03-2017, 04:46 PM   #9080

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Nice Rail, hope the rain stops it looks like it's winding down here
93 Monaco Dynasty 300HP (for now)
Harley1994 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 08:41 PM   #9081

Come to Niagara Falls

The weather forecast looks better for this up coming week. Depends on what TV station you have on.
Old 09-03-2017, 09:26 PM   #9082
RV Enthusiast

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Hi everyone, well, for once Iowa was the sweet spot......83 degrees today and not a cloud in the sky.

Great pics Rail, love those old early 20th century places. My Uncle was in the CCC and helped build places like that.

Lynne you'd think a little common sense would have guided the wire routing the guy did. But alas, common sense is not that common.

Lloyd, hope things are working out well in a timely manner as possible. On the other thread, some have turned it into a hell of a debate platform, sheesh! Just remember, we know you did everything right, and lived through it. You win. That's that.

Glad the rest of you are safe at your destinations, those about to travel be careful.

Harvest is coming soon here. I'll be back in the tractor with the 1,370 bushel grain cart. I'll post some pics when we get rollin'. I work for a neighbor to "keep my feet in it"........we have about 4000 acres to combine.

Take care all.
W.D.
Electra 225 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 05:45 AM   #9083

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Typical Florida weather, hot & humid with afternoon showers, but I still love it. Getting back in the groove, woke up before 6am wide awake and feel rested. Turned the news on and drinking a cup of coffee while on IRV2.
Rail,
Nice pics, that looks like a nostalgic place, looks wonderful.
Lynne,
I agree with the no splice, unless they use a waterproof junction box that has a terminal strip in it. I used one of these to repair the splice that the PO of my pickup used to splice in the plug for the 5er. I usually tie any wires that run front to back to the original harness, that keeps things routed away from trouble spots. Tou have to check with Lloyd about the diodes, I have never used them, but I think it is a good idea.
Have a great Labor Day all, and be safe everyone,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 06:40 AM   #9084

Carolina Campers
Goooodmorning!!!

Good morning to you...

Getting going today. It is 58 deg now, but expected to get up to around 84 deg today.

Got together with my son's family yesterday and went out to a nice dinner at our local mexican restaurant. My daughter in laws uncle and his wife were there as well. He is going to help me replace some carpet in the bonus room for preparation on finalizing the house appraisal.

Well, it is almost time for that coffee, the timer is set to start brewing in a few minutes.

I sure hope that the Bermuda High pulls Irma away from the cost. If not, we have some potential rough times projections all along the east coast, or even a worse scenario if it goes into the golf.... don't want to think about it now....

I hope you all stay safe and dry over the next week or two

Ted
Old 09-04-2017, 07:00 AM   #9085

Good morning!

62 here. Carolina Blue Skies!

Lynne, there maybe fuses in your motorhome that are for the lighting in the trailer plug. Some trucks chasis separate the vehicle lighting from the towed vehicle lighting to prevent a bad trailer from killing all the lights. Once the toad lighting is fixed,,,, if its lights don't work when plugged in check for fuses in the coach.

Fingers crossed Irma misses everyone.

Electra, thanks for the support. I decided to stay out of that mess. That one guy even tracked me down to a thread I have about steering stabilizers and tried to engage me in "his Theory" in that thread. For those not following his answer was to turn the wheel the other direction. Duh! Too bad I couldn't turn the wheel, the force was overwhelming. I am past all that, staying out of the dog fight. I do intend to install a steering stabilizer soon as we get Ms Prissy back.

Ted, good luck with the appraisal. You are close to the big day now. Exciting stuff!

Lots of grass to mow today. Looks like a nice day for it.

Diesel, Deb and I keep looking for our buddy Jingle. We miss him.

Have a great day all!

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 07:02 AM   #9086

Good morning everyone coffee is great today as always...

A friend from work brought his cattle trailer over before the hurricane and I welded in new angle iron around the perimeter. Well yesterday after he got the third coat of primer on it we went to HD and bought new wood for the floor and spent about 4 hours cutting and screwing it in but now his cows won't fall through and get road rash...got the yard mowed so it looks nice now.

Not sure of what today will bring but I am sure I will find something...

Everyone take care

Mk