Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-15-2015, 08:04 AM   #897

Fleetwood Owners Club
Well I'm use to being the odd man, but over time I got out of habit of early rising! Now I sleep in till 7:30-8 no problem. We are at sons house visiting and this is the one day he has to be at work early.(a preacher) DW and I will heard his kids in to the late service about 11am. Here in Al the Bradford Pair Trees are in full bloom. Up in 70-80 in afternoon, I'm walking around barefoot!

An DW just warmed my coffee cup up, life is grand!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-15-2015, 08:19 AM   #898

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franka548 View Post
Bobby and Curtis,
I agree with Lynne, any time you need an ear to listen to, or a shoulder to lean on, someone here will be available.
Bobby, what part of Florida are you in, I am in Brooksville, which is about 50 miles north of Tampa, about 10 miles west of I 75, if you are over this way, holler and we can meet up for a cup.
Frank
We are in Indian Lakes Estates now at my SO's sisters house, will be here for at least a few more days. About 20 miles east of Lake Wales. Then we will be headed to Hudson up by New Port Richie and Spring Hill to visit friends and family. I worked hauling cattle and hay when I was 17 in Brooksville. So maybe we will meet! Bobby

Old 03-15-2015, 08:25 AM   #899

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Good morning. Fresh coffee and the rain is falling. Happy the wind has stopped howling though.

Never been one to sleep more than 5 hours at a time. Rare I get 7. So I'm usually up by 5am, 6 if I'm up past midnight. I to like the stillness of the wee hours. I catch up on the news without much disturbance. DW sleeps in until at least 7.

Have a great day!
Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 10:57 AM   #900

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Dang lost my post.
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 01:50 PM   #901

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Afternoon.

Went to our motorcycle club meeting this morning. No one rode!! Not yet anyway.

Always loved the mornings, even as a kid. Teenager would wake up and be up early.

Something about the morning as already stated is the appeal for me. The morning is fresh and clean so it is the start. I find the evenings really nice but do not find a lot of appeal to stay up really late. Possibly the morning starts out cool and gets warm while the evening starts out warm and gets cool. I figure if I am going to be up for 16-17 hours I can pick the window of the day that suits me the best.

Cloudy and cool here today. Got all of my tasks done yesterday so today is a FREE day!

Have a great day everyone.
Old 03-16-2015, 08:54 AM   #902

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Well this is a first. Usually you all have come and gone by the time I get here.

Good morning. More showers today. At least it's fairly warm. I feel for you northerners still dealing with snow on the ground. It's nearly St Patricks Day already. Hows that global warming thing workin'?

Speaking of St Pat's we need to go pick up the goods today for our traditional dinner. Corned beef, Irish mashed potatoes and soda bread.

Cheers!
Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 09:02 AM   #903

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Morning All,
Currently, +52
Feels like +52
Sunny.
Don't have much,
Going out to my brothers place tonight with the MH For Din Din, Corn-beef & Cabbage with New red potatoes.
Can't hardly wait.
Hope all's well,
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 09:50 AM   #904

I was always an early riser my entire working career. Loved watching the sunrises on my way to work at 5 am. Been retired almost 6 years and now I don't get out of bed till I'm good and ready. Course once I'm up I'm going mach 2 with my hair on fire till 2 or 3 AM. But that's just me. Don't have to wake up the chickens anymore, so I got out of the habit.

Played with my 4x4 truck this weekend and didn't shut the shop down before midnight. Getting ready to rebuild the front axle.
If you guys ever go camping with us you'll love the places this truck can take us. You'll either laugh like a kid on a roller coaster or wet your pants.... It's an E Ticket toy!

Rode my motor bike to breakfast Saturday morning. The only day I get up with the sun anymore.
Lynne get that knee fixed and start living life without pain. There's a lot to do after you retire.

Headed out to fire up the tractor and plow up the garden. Thinking of building a new chicken coop this week.
I like fresh eggs.
Old 03-16-2015, 10:34 AM   #905

Winnebago Owners Club
Morning.
Going to help the neighbour this morning. They are considering building a 40 x 80 shed behind their business. Did a feasbility last week, today starting some detail to work out costs and actual placement. Love these kinds of projects.

This afternoon the SIL is supposed to bring his quad over to store in our shed. He is leaving the keys! And a full tank of gas - I hope!
Old 03-16-2015, 11:48 AM   #906

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Bobby,
That sounds great, went to Spring Hill yesterday for Guido's pizza, so when you are in Spring Hill, holler and we can meet up. looking forward to it.
Worked on the Dolphin for about 1/2 hour this morning, then helped a fellow camper redo his black piping this afternoon, it was sitting on the axle and naturally the fitting cracked(engineers and quality control my butt) The RV industry better wake up or they will face what the car industry did a few years ago. A little later its off to help another camper put new idler pulleys , tensioner and serpentine belt on his Duramax. Ahhh the life in a campground, can't beat it.
Frank
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 04:16 PM   #907

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good evening All,

WOW, it hit 66 today! Yehhaaaaaa! I love it! It is supposed to cool down tonight so we know it's not done yet but it sure is nice. Had Robins in the yard today so not too far off. Most of the snow is GONE and the water has already drained away. It is just a matter of time.

Hope you all have a great evening and see you tomorrow night! Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 08:02 AM   #908

Coffee is great this morning and good morning to everyone!!!

Just started the last of the trip home from red river new Mexico. Left childress about 20 minutes ago so Curtis I will honk as we pass through...got to get home cause my new grandson just got to the states from germany...his dad was stationed in illesheim...and I finally get to meet the little bugger. DW is driving so yall don't think I'm texting and driving...lol..that would be bad as much as I typing...

Everyone have a great day talk to ya soon...
Old 03-17-2015, 08:35 AM   #909

Fleetwood Owners Club
Today is the day! Due to my bad driving habits, I tend to drive slow, a tree grew out into the side of me. The Discovery has been in shop since January but today she comes home!

Can't wait to get her settled back in her barn so the packing can begin, the road is a calling!

Good morning!
Old 03-17-2015, 08:39 AM   #910
bap

happy st patricks day everyone,,and goodmorning to all..
was 75deg. yesterday and sunny here ,,got alot done and had a great evening ride on the quad. but this morning is cool and cloudy,,,,havent been able to get on the computer for awhile it would let me get online but i couldnt post anything because it was slower than molasses in january...lol,,,i would just get fed up with it and start working on a project for the day..but this morning it seems to be a little better..
anyway everyone stay safe and have a great day..
bap out..