Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-10-2017, 08:31 PM   #9157

Prayers for safety

We were out camping this weekend. We don't have a TV in our HiLo. Saw the news tonight. One member of our camping club winters in central Fla. and has a fifth wheel on a seasonal site. Her site is up on a hill. The lower parts of the campground is already flooded. DH has nephews and some friends in Fla. Our prayers go out to the people of Fla.
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-11-2017, 05:15 AM   #9158

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
We are in good shape, no damage around us, but a lot of limbs down in the old part of the park. buildings all survived. The coach rocked pretty good a few times and we lost power around 9 last night, ran off inverter all night, then fired genny up this morning. Also have the solar to charge the batteries after daylight.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 05:25 AM   #9159

Gulf Streamers Club
Great to hear. Glad you and Rita are OK. Prayers to all in the path of this storm.

ronspradley
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 05:30 AM   #9160

Glad you and Rita are safe and unscathed.....hope power comes back soon for all those affected...

Mk

Sent from my XT1650 using iRV2 - RV Forum mobile app
mkohler30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 06:43 AM   #9161

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning,

Frank, glad to hear you are alright. Sounds like they have plans to have the power worked on and back up as soon as they can.

They caught 28 looters who had gone into a shoe store to steal shoes. Not food or water, just shoes. Hope they throw the books at them.

Another sunny day here but the nights have been cool and the trees are changing. Not ready for this but I haven't been ready for this for years. Next year will be different.

Take care all. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 07:06 AM   #9162

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good morning everyone!
Coffee is good today!
We are still here in Indiana, leaving this morning.
Well my awning broke clean off on the one end the other morning when i was rolling it up! Got it rolled up and secured, and will order the parts when i get to Wes's house. I think it was damaged in Ky. and finally let go! Glad it did not break going down the road!
Frank and Rita, glad you came thru the storm unscathed!
Hope your power comes back soon, but nice to have the solar and generator!
Everyone have a great day! Rail!
Old 09-11-2017, 07:07 AM   #9163

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Frank and Rita I am happy you two are ok.

Rail, Yes, glad it didn't break while driving. Stay safe out there.
Charlie and Martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 07:24 AM   #9164

Vintage RV Owners Club
Glad you guys are okay
Snufy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 07:49 AM   #9165

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Frank and Rita Happy you got through the storm with no damage. Happy to hear the coach withstood the storm.

Off to get passports today. Will take it to a passport office. Preparing for Yuma this winter and the M&G next summer.

Have a great day.
Old 09-11-2017, 09:19 AM   #9166

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Relieved you're okay Frank & Rita. Watching the weather channel, it's been a helluva night in Florida.

Rail, hold er down Newt she's gettin' away! Better it happened while stationary. Always something ain't it?

Have a great day everyone, sunny in Iowa.

W.D.
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 10:24 AM   #9167

Running off inverter and generator with panels kicking in as the sun comes out !!!!!!! Frank is proving the plus side of RV living.
Add in the ability to move everything at the turn of a key and change the view out your windows .........That's what I like about the lifestyle !

Hope everybody else is doing as well.
Old 09-11-2017, 12:27 PM   #9168

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning,

We took the Equinox to General RV this morning and got a shock. Showed Sid, the Service Manager, how the system had been hooked up, what happened, and he stated he was going to buy us two new taillights and take the old wiring out and install a new Diode system!

Yeah, SHOCKED! Thought we were going to have a fight for this. Sid thought they were only installing Diode wiring systems and we told him we came in to get the wiring done and it was never offered and we didn't know the difference.

He asked if he could have the vehicle for the whole day because he wants to use it for training and he wants to make sure it is done correctly. Told him sure. Will take it in the 29th when I get back from NC.

He never hesitated. Showed him the pictures of the water in the taillight, the burns on the wiring from the tailpipe, and how the guy did the left and right taillights differently. I don't think he was very happy.

He said it had been done wrong and we had been through enough and fixing it was the right thing to do. They fix this and things work correctly, I will give them a very good review. Going to wait until it is done though.

Wow, Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 12:38 PM   #9169

Winnebago Owners Club
Lynne - not the kind of response you were expecting for sure. Kudos on them.

I will bet it had a lot to do with you and how you approached him. I think you have mastered the art of conflict resolution. You can negotiate on my behalf any time you like.
Old 09-11-2017, 01:01 PM   #9170

Greetings all!

Frank and Rita, glad you made it through the storm. Hope everything returns to normal soon!

CWK, you doing okay?

Florida took a beating, beginning is here now, been raining all morning, but got more steady and serious around noon. Expect the pond will be full soon.

Lynne, good news on getting the lights fixed. Glad they are doing the right thing!

Yesterday we moved Ron and Emmett down into the big carport where Ms Prissy stays to weather the storm. Ron also helped me start work on Dad's old backhoe. It has 3 cylinders that need repacking, got 2 of the 3 cylinders off before we ran out of time. Gonna put the old machine back to work on daughters new house site,,,,, tree stumps that have to go.

This morning Ron, Emmett, Debbie and I made the trip up to Ms Prissy. Met with the collision folks. I drained the water, we cleaned the spaghetti/chilli/green bean mess up and all looked good. Only interior damage we could find was one side of the rear closet mirror doors cracked. Otherwise inside is good.

Was surprised to see they already have a tire and rim on the front, they can drive it around the yard into the building. Soon as we get done with the storm, they are going full steam ahead on the estimate.

They received word that 2008 front caps are no longer available. Researching a 2009 or 10 cap. The Rv industry is terrible for parts. Its as if they don't care.

L.