Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-17-2015, 09:43 AM   #911

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Morning all,
Back into the Deep Freeze,
Currently +27
Feels like +22.
In the 70dies Monday
Took the MH out to my brothers Hobby Farm for Corn Beef, cabbage, carrots and New Potatoes last night. Sure was good.
The MH is just running so nice, and after remounting the Hub caps after checking tire pressure it lost the vibration in the seats, and the little in the fronts and rode O-SO-WELL. They must have shifted a little I guess.
That's about it,
Have a great St. Patty's Day
Tim

spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-17-2015, 09:54 AM   #912

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Good morning my RV cyber friends.

Coffee is fabulous today. The sun is shining, it's another glorious day. Back to work on the travertine flooring in the dining room, kitchen and entryway. Just the dinning room to lay and a few edge pieces in the entry. DW will continue with the estate sale prep. Getting closer to selling the S&B.

Can't come fast enough for us.

Happy St Patricks Day!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	floor.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	88729  

1992 County Coach Magna #4926 Magna Carta "Maggie"
25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 10:24 AM   #913
bap

happy st patricks day to all and to all a goooodmorning,,
i havent been able to get on this website in ever,,i dont know why i can get on anything else but this one,,,have i been banned or what,,--it just keeps coming up saying rv2 script running,,,and nothing else happens,,,,im just now trying to post for the first time in what seems like forever..will see how it goes,,,,
if it makes it or not,,,,everyone have a great day...
bap out...
Old 03-17-2015, 10:26 AM   #914

Winnebago Owners Club
Hey Jay and Patty;
The floor is looking grand. Very nice pattern.

Morning everyone;
Sun is coming up, coffee in bed has revved me for the day.

Formatted one of the tablets yesterday. It was not feeling very well. Works a lot better now.

Has motivated me to think about reformating a couple of our laptops. Have never been reformated and are getting aged. Still do the work but the clutter of adding and removing software plus all of the crap that comes along is causing some problems. Have been avoiding as long as possible because it will take about 2 days to put all of the software back on.
Old 03-17-2015, 10:28 AM   #915
bap

wow it made it....lol,,
i have ALOT of catching up to do on all my friends on here,,,i sure hope everyone is doing well...
catch ya latter...
...bap
Old 03-17-2015, 10:37 AM   #916

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Thanks Gordon. All the tiles started as 16x16. I cut them in 1/2 & 1/4rs then laid out the pattern to keep the floor from looking like a grid. Had considered doing it in the coach but the weight involved (mortar, backing board, mortar, stone tile) per sq ft made us decide we would go hardwood instead. Stone would add over 1000 lbs. I'd rather have my tools onboard.
Old 03-17-2015, 10:43 AM   #917
bap

tile job looks great,,,,we got in a kick years ago and tiled all of our houses then after a few years we changed our minds and i got the job of taking all of the tile up in 3 of our houses,,,i still bare the scars of tile shrapnel on my legs and arms....lol...i will never tile anything again...lol
Old 03-17-2015, 06:46 PM   #918

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
bap,

I wondered where you were. I sent you a E-mail a while back but hadn't heard from you.

Evening All, Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 06:58 PM   #919

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I have a Questions gentlemen~

Went and looked at a Forest River Georgetown tonight. I have looked at quite a few MHs and have never seen this before.

First of all, it was a 32 ft no slides. I was surprised at how much room there was inside especially without the slides. NO LEVELERS. Really? Guy said they just keep blocks of wood in the basement storage to help level the MH when they camp if the campsite is not level.

What bothered me most though was the doors to the basement storage. When you life them up and look inside, the insides of the storage cabinets seem in real good shape. No rust, clean, lots of space, so what could bother me you may ask?

The backs of the door are deteriorating and in the door that houses the propane tank it is all but rotted and falling apart. I have never seen this before. Kind of caught me off guard. You know how the doors have wood in them to make them more solid (I would assume), then they have that white stuff on them to protect the wood. Well, almost all of the doors had damage to the white coating. Some worse than others. The door that houses the propane tank was real bad. The white coating was mostly gone and the wood was all rotted and falling apart. It was so bad that some of the metal outside of the door ha fallen off.

Guy seemed to feel it could just be painted and fixed. That wood needed replaced an I could only see the doors getting worse.

What do you think about it? Have you ever seen this before? This is a 2001 and most of it looked in real good shape. It had been stored inside and these being in this condition just did not make sense to me.

Neadless to say, we will not be buying this one. Lynne
Old 03-18-2015, 04:47 AM   #920

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning All,

A breezy and cold 24 out there this AM but no snow on the ground. Yeah! It was 42 yesterday and supposed to get there again today. Will see, as long as it isn't minus something I am ok but the knee is screaming this morning.

How is your knee Terry? Know it takes time, but sure hope you are over the worst part by now. Jay, tiles look nice.

The coffee is good this AM especially since I get to sit in my chair and check out IRV2.com and look for MHs and not drive into w--k.

Well, you all have a great day. Talk with you another time. Lynne
Old 03-18-2015, 05:46 AM   #921

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning, Lynne, sorry your not getting any relief for your knee, did they try any shots? I'm still not sleeping well, end up in the recliner, still working on ROM, very stiff, can't stand for very long, working on strengthening the muscles, it does take awhile. Bap, was wondering how you was making out with all the snow and ice. 14* here this am and we did get some snow, some schools are delayed, seems winter just don't want to give up. Have a great day.
97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 07:34 AM   #922

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Morning all, Hump Day
Currently 31+
Feels like 31+
Did anyone happen to see that bus conversion on the forum/Sticky for " post your oldies pic's here" Man that thing is sweet. Got a few extra minutes take a look.
Vacuumed the yard yesterday, It used to take me 30-45 minutes to do front and back. It took me 4 1/2 hours, So sore this AM.
Hip's must have some arthritis in them over winter, or there's been a change in my Back. O-well time to take the blade off the Cub and install the mower deck, then watch out.!!!!
Didn't do much of anything on the MH except check the oil and it was 1/2 qt low, so I am going to change it anyway.
It's the middle of March so it won't be long till we start complaining that its to hot outside. N E V E R . Decided yesterday instead of the new LED Clearance light change over, I'm going to get Gutters for her hoping to keep down some of the Black Streaks.
That's all I got, Drinking Dunkin Donuts Brand this AM Yum.
Have a great Hump Day,
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 07:53 AM   #923

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Good morning.
Don't you just love the smell of coffee brewing first thing in the morning? Mmm Mmm Mmm.

Never did get to the floor yesterday. DW decided I was going to fix the Honda we plan to sell instead. She made a good case since it has been down for 3 months and we have to sell off four cars before we can even begin to list the S&B. Turned out it needed a new ignitor (coil inside distributor cap) for the 4th time. Just a note, the aftermarket ones have a tendency to overheat and then go to an open circuit that causes them to misfire and short out. Put in one from Accel this time. Anyway, now all four cars are ready. eBay time.

Spent the remainder of the day making St Pats dinner and cleaning out the upright freezer in the garage. DW worked on pricing things for the big sale next weekend. A lot of my time was taken up with "how much for this" questions too. Hmm, that auction idea is looking better to me all the time.

Maybe today I can get to the floor if DW doesn't have me listing eBay ads all day. Although the hip is not feeling good this morning so maybe not.

Terry - It will come brother, but you already knew that. Hope you get some relief soon and start getting a good nights sleep.

Lynne - Sorry about your knee giving you such grief. Hard to do much of anything when just sitting still hurts. Our group of prayer warriors are on the case.

Gordon - You missed a great meal here.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 03-18-2015, 08:20 AM   #924
bap

goodmorning and happy humpday everyone,,
we have had a great week even got up into the 70s the other day,,i even got a little sun burn on my bald head while tilling the DWs little garden by the house,,,lol
yes we got alot of snow and ice but it,s all gone now and the grass is starting to grow
lynne i didnt get an email actually i never go to my email havent been there for years i cant even remember my pw,,,lol but my DW still has one but she has been very ill with her condition and not sure she has even been online at all,,
and i want you to know im a prayer warrior and you ,terrry and all of you are in my daily prayers..
have a great day and stay safe everyone
...bap