Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-23-2017, 08:40 PM   #9297

Good evening all!

Yeah, no commitments sounds good. But not real world. Boss man told them we could get it done for them, they just moved there from Ohio in the last 3 weeks and had no place to let the horses out. We delivered,,,,, more work ($$$$$) will come our way.

So John had a dome on his roof. The job was to remove the dome, and install a traveler in its place. We were able to repurpose the 2 coax cables, however had to rerun a new control cable as they differ. I had to do all the roof work as John don't do heights. We used the tractor and forks to get the new one up, and the old one down. Took us 4 hours, excluding cleaning up the mess.

No plans for tomorrow, I need some rest.

L.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-23-2017, 09:07 PM   #9298

Gulf Streamers Club
Llloyd, I vote for a motorcycle ride.

ronspradley

Life's too short to drink cheap beer.
ronspradley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 10:35 PM   #9299

Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franka548 View Post
...Give Kathleen our best for a speedy and painfree recovery....
Thanks Frank!
Old 09-23-2017, 10:37 PM   #9300

Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
Tramadol worked for Janet but she was really unhappy when she had to quit. The withdrawal was not a lot of fun.
Well, I am sure she wouldn't mind the risk at this point... lol
Old 09-24-2017, 05:43 AM   #9301

Good morning!

Ron great idea, I leave with my son in-law Thursday morning for a 4 day trip. Very much looking forward to it.

Kathleen doing any better Ted?

Sheesh, Marie is coming really close to the N.C. outer Banks. These hurricane drills are getting old. It is still a ways out, hopefully it turns out to sea.

Have great day all.

L.
Old 09-24-2017, 07:32 AM   #9302

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Morning,
Its been a great summer at the farm. New toys and fishing every day and a few evenings also. A visit from the DNR while out fishing the other morning. No problems. A trip to Kentucky for the M&G , Caught a bass 2nd cast, (Lloyd was a witness)
ITs time to head for the S&B. I hope its still there!!! we have stopped by just too make sure.
The foot is about the same I go once a week now instead of every 2 days to have the cast taken off wound cleaned and a new cast put back on. I will ask on Monday ( my next visit) and will find out if Yuma is still going to happen.
Gun shots going off since the crack of dawn Hunters getting those birds, the dogs are clinging to us they sure don't like the shots.
Have a great day and stay safe,
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 07:44 AM   #9303

Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd in S.C. View Post
... Kathleen doing any better Ted? ...
Thanks for asking. Yesterday she seemed to be much better in regard to the pain level, and has cut back on the narcotics. She may even try to get around a bit more today, but it will be a few weeks before she will feel like things are back to normal. One day at a time.

Ted & Kathleen
Old 09-24-2017, 07:50 AM   #9304

Carolina Campers
Goooodmorning!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spritz View Post
... A visit from the DNR while out fishing the other morning. ...
The foot is about the same I go once a week now instead of every 2 days to have the cast taken off wound cleaned and a new cast put back on. ...
Hi Tim,
I don't think DNR is what I thought it meant.... lol
Hope the foot improves.
Say high to Joe for us.
Ted & Kathleen
Old 09-24-2017, 08:07 AM   #9305

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Good morning,

I am on the first sip of coffee this morning listening to about 5.2 million children playing in the campground (Martha said it was two little girls). I think today will be a beach day. We have so little sun in the last week that Martha and I both want to soak up some rays.

Everyone have a great day today.

Charlie and Martha.
Charlie and Martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 09:14 AM   #9306

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone;
As requested no update to the weather conditions here.

Cleaned a bunch of the garden off yesterday. Lots of squash. Fortunate in being able to give some away to neighbors. Have a tub full to take to Yuma and about 1/2 bucket left to give away.

Lloyd - Good on the motorcycle ride. 4 days makes a nice outing. Give out best to Pat. Hope you are heading well away from the possible storm paths. You guys ride safe.

Charlie - hear you about the noisy children. Especially girls (at the risk of some criticism). Was picking raspberries with my oldest grand daughter a few years ago. She was talking non stop (nothing has changed to date)! "I like picking berries, I am a good berry picker, do you like picking berries with me, see how many berries I have picked (a few)." I said to her we could pick more berries if we paid more attention to picking berries and less to talking. "Girls are supposed to do that you know" was her prompt reply!!!

I am making breakfast this morning so off I goo.

Everyone have a wonderful day.
Old 09-24-2017, 10:57 AM   #9307

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Afternoon Gang,
Just found out a motorcyclist lost their life at the entrance to the park last evening, looks like they clipped a power pole and ended up in the entrance drive. Do not have any other details.
Lloyd,
Please be careful(which I know you do) and have an enjoyable 4 days. You have more than earned it.
Gordon,
Sounds familiar, I have 2 daughters, so I understand full well what you are saying. My house always had a handful of girls at any time.
Tim,
Hope that the foot is getting better, and that you will make Yuma, even though we won't be there this winter, it won't be the same with out you and Joe.
Ted,
Glad to hear that Kathleen is doing a little better. Hope that she continues quickly on the path of a painfree, or at least a reduced pain recovery.
Have a good day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 11:17 AM   #9308

Winnebago Owners Club
So for breakfast I tried making stuffed French toast. Janet had raspberry jelly and I had peanut butter and banana.

Worked out very well. I enjoyed the peanut butter and banana but boy was it filling!! Janet added raspberry syrup to hers and said it was good. Going to try it again. Next time going to mix some cream cheese and strawberry jam. Looking forward to it.
Old 09-24-2017, 11:57 AM   #9309

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Afternoon, Catching up on everything, Ted, hopefully Kathleen is on the road to healing and less pain. Frank, every year we hear of so many bikers losing their lives, mostly from inattentive car drivers, very sad for sure. Tim, take care of that foot, Yuma is calling and we want to have another spaghetti dinner next year at the M&G, (hopefully without the rain, LOL) Lloyd, have fun on your bike ride, Eleanor and I have one we do every year up through the Adirondacks, (Up route 30, you'll know where that is)towards Malone, someday we'll cross over into Canada. But that's not until next month.
93 Monaco Dynasty 300HP (for now)
Harley1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 04:00 PM   #9310

Afternoon all!

Glad Kathleen is doing better, hope she continues down that path.

Tim, glad to hear your foot is at least stable, hope you get to go to Yuma. And I did see that 2 cast bass!!

Gordon, breakfast sounds great. Yum!

Frank, sounds like a single vehicle motorcycle wreck, the most common kind. In second place is cars/trucks making lefts in front on the bike.

We are headed to the Virginia mountains, little town of Marion. Both Pat and I have Honda Interceptors. This is a small local Interceptor owner rally. Should be fun, great twisty roads in that area. Just completed maintain the bike, new rear tire, oil change, chain adjust etc.. still need to give her some wax, then I am done.

Have a great evening all.

L.

« Life with Jane | - »