Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-27-2017, 09:48 AM   #9339

Vintage RV Owners Club
Every morning it's the same thing...

Hi All,

For me, every morning possible these days, I get up at 5:30am and spend 1 hour - even a 1/2 hour - to keep my renovation moving forward. In this time, my goal is to complete or start at least one task. I don't allow myself to waste time thinking/dreaming about the finished project...that's for later

It's been a great example (to myself) that a massive project can be chipped away a tiny bite at a time...even with family and a demanding J.O.B.

Today it was installing LED's that came from Amazon yesterday into the re-wired tail lights and installing a new gasoline fill hose - 30 mins.

https://flic.kr/p/YQygmN

2 punch list tasks down, about 537 to go.
BJohnsonsv is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-27-2017, 04:51 PM   #9340

Hoping that Sally's road to wellness continues take care Bobby....

Mk
mkohler30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 05:57 PM   #9341

Bobby
I was wondering about you...........

So good to hear about the new Doc with a clue !

Got a good chuckle about the cats ...
Old 09-28-2017, 05:03 AM   #9342

Carolina Campers
We went to Kathleen’s post-op appointment yesterday. She seems to be doing well. She has about four to six weeks to go for a full recovery, but doing so much better now. She appreciates all the encouragement.

Have a great day!

Ted & Kathleen
tedgard01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 05:35 AM   #9343

Good morning!

Don't have much time, off on our bike trip in about 30 mins. Been awhile, excited.

These guys were seen coming down our road yesterday, they are only about 5 years late from the original plan.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170927_164059.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	494.2 KB
ID:	178065   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170927_163319.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	494.3 KB
ID:	178066  

Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 06:09 AM   #9344

Gulf Streamers Club
Lloyd, road is looking good. Looks like you will have pavement when you get back from your trip. You and Pat have a great trip.

Emmett and I are off to the beach.

ronspradley and Emmett the WanderDog.

ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 06:49 AM   #9345

Time for a pirate joke ?

After nearly 50 years of marriage, a couple was lying in bed one evening, when the wife felt her husband, begin to massage her in ways he hadn't in quite some time. It almost tickled as his fingers started at her neck, and then began moving down past the small of her back. He then caressed her shoulders and neck, slowly worked his hand down, stopping just over her stomach. He then proceeded to place his hand on her left inner arm, working down her side, passing gently over her buttock and down her leg to her calf. Then, he proceeded up her thigh, stopping just at the uppermost portion of her leg. He continued in the same manner on her right side, then suddenly stopped, rolled over and became silent. As she had become quite aroused by this caressing, she asked in a loving voice, ‘Honey that was wonderful. Why did you stop?' To which he responded: 'I found the remote.'...
Old 09-28-2017, 08:20 AM   #9346

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning
Safe trip Lloyd. Enjoy yourselves.

Continues to be nice here. Will be taking the garden off on Saturday.

Happy everybody is recovering satisfactorily. Keep up the good work.

Have a great day.
Old 09-28-2017, 10:21 AM   #9347

Morning y'all. The weather is pretty near darn perfect here in Camp Verde AZ this morning. I was wanting to be on the road back towards Texas by now but the power that be is wanting to leave in a couple of hours. We're leaving in a couple of hours, hope to spend the night in Datil NM tonight, approximately three hundred miles and many mountains from here.

It's been three years since we went the scenic route home, doubt much has changed. It will be the first time in Jane the MH.

Three weeks in the mountains totally off grid has been very good. We did have a couple of mornings down to freezing but the days warmed up nice. 32 at night and then low sixties in the day, man can nap in the sun those temps.

One year ago we were just getting off the chemo treatments for Best Thing about me's breast cancer. This year she is hitting seven out of eight, I'm six of those seven. Next week the doc appointments start with the big one, oncologist, middle of the month. They want some MRI's done before that one, just in case.

A year ago if there was a foreign smell in the room the first place we looked at was the elephant hogging the middle. That's evolved to glancing at the elephant and then searching for dirty socks. Now we're thinking about the elephant more, things are so good and you have to wonder about loose shoes being played with by gravity.

Life might get better. But it is going to have work at it.

BTW, I'm trying to weasel my way into us staying at a cattle ranch next summer with a couple of days per week fixing fence off of a four wheeler as payment for the off grid experience. That would be fun. And I love fun.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1345.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	636.7 KB
ID:	178100  
Old 09-28-2017, 01:12 PM   #9348

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Afternoon Gang,
Things are coming along here, 5er turned out good, the 1st couple looked at her, and pics were taken and sent to the 2nd couple, fingers crossed. Rita is finishing up her appointments this week for her surgery on Monday. We both work this weekend, should have the pool deck finished by then.Monday will be my 3rd day off since the last of August when we got here, I took Tuesday off this week to wash the 5er.
Bobby,
Thoughts and prayers for Sally, hoping that she continues on the correct path to a full recovery. If things go good for you guys maybe you can join us at next years Meet & Greet, which will be somewheres around South Dakota around the middle of August.
Ron,
Glad that you and Emmitt have found the beaches, and are enjoying.
Lloyd,
Have fun on your Bike ride with Pat. Hope the road gets done before you come home. Hope that you can find the parts for Ms Prissy and that she gets fixed up before the first of the year.
Ted,
Glad to hear that Kathleen is progressing nicely, hopefully that continues and she gets pain free soon.
Harvey,
I can't wait to meet you, you have such a unique way with words, and I just love it. If things go as planned, we will be in Yuma next winter with Gordon, Tim and the Gang.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 09:57 PM   #9349

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Morning everyone! Coffee is very good today!

Well, Frank said it best!^^^^^^^^^ So ditto!!

Plus, Lloyd, brings back memories, seeing the paving pic's! Did that kind of work for 14 years! Both Concrete and Asphalt! From city streets, to major interstates!

Harvey, so glad you had a great, relaxing time!

Popeye, did not know Pirate's had remotes?

Everyone have a great day! Rail!
Old 09-28-2017, 10:18 PM   #9350

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Martha and I are heading to Blue Shutter Beach tomorrow and then Sunday we are headed for a three day trip to Boston and then on to Maine. We are boarding Jake for that time and staying in Framington in a hotel. It'll feel odd not to sleep in our own bed.

Once in Maine I will finally get my "Lobsta" dinner....Looking forward to it. Hope everyone is well? or at least recovering.

Charlie and Martha
Charlie and Martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 03:25 PM   #9351

Charlie
I've spent a lot of time in Farmington (my 1st GF lived there)
If you have time , take a trip up to Rangeley and stop at Small's Falls rest stop. Come back through Oquossoc and RT 17 through Height Of Land and down through Mexico if you have a whole day.
Foliage is just starting @about 15% right now , although uptah the high country (Rangeley) it may be higher %......
and remember ,,,,the smaller the Lobstah , the better it will be.(If you ask for "the biggest one you have" , you might as well hang a sign around your neck "Newbie Tourist"). Lots of roadside stands with fresh apples and cidah ,,oh ayuh !
Get a DeLorme Atlas/Gazetteer for the best way to hit the back roads.....GPS doesn't even know where the best roads are but that map has 'em all.
Old 09-29-2017, 04:56 PM   #9352

Gulf Streamers Club
You heard it hear first. Do I need a new toad?

ron driving Emmett the WanderDog

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	new toad.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	136.9 KB
ID:	178231  
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote