Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-04-2017, 06:43 AM   #9409

Morning!

More good news on Rita. Way to go. Frank, tell her Deb and I are thinking of her.

Ron,very cool you and Emmett (and Ron) are getting together. Watch where you place your donut!😀

Rail, say Hi to the ladies. Hope the rain slows some.

Gordon, won't be long and you will be on the road again. I am jealous, we miss Ms Prissy.

Truck oil change today, truck wash today, trying to clean them all............. THE PAVEMENT IS DONE, NO MORE DUST!

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-04-2017, 07:35 AM   #9410

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Lloyd - great news on the paving. No dust and property value increased. How many ways can you say Yahoo? any updates on Ms Prissy. There should be some action on their acquisition of parts. If they cant find parts I would ask them to replace the coach. Loss of use has to have some value.

Granddaughter is here. Nothing has changed, she still talks constantly. Grandma is busy listening at the moment. My turn later.

MK and Ron - enjoy your coffee together.

Stan - sorry t hear about the computer download issue. One of the main issues of the new windows operating system is the mandatory updates. Drives us crazy. We have limited bandwidth and it will download when we are trying to do other stuff on the internet. Can make it extremely slow - and frustrating.

Hope everyone has a grand day.
Old 10-04-2017, 08:08 AM   #9411

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Great to hear that Rita is recovering well! Miss seeing you guys. Sally is still a little stiff from the accident. No we shall see how the "GoodHandsPeople" at Allstate are going to fight her and the Drs. they just sent 2 denials for payment on the MRI's she had done. I guess we are in for a fight, whatever. I don't see it being something they can get away with as both of the cars in the accident were insured by them , and the other driver was ticketed for failure to yield and unlicensed driver? Oh well. Hope everyone is ok and doing well! Bobby
FastGlassMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 08:14 AM   #9412

Winnebago Owners Club
Bobby and Sally - positive thoughts for you dealing with the insurance company. It is a game for them as they try to minimize the payout. I suspect the adjuster may get a bonus for reducing their liability. May be time to consider a good lawyer and sue the stuffings out of them.
Old 10-04-2017, 11:58 AM   #9413

Gulf Streamers Club
Arrived at Escapees Rainbow End park outside Livingston, TX. Mk, sent you a private message.

ron, driver for Emmett the WanderDog

ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 12:13 PM   #9414

Ok Ron gonna go check it...glad you made it safely...

Mk
mkohler30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 04:35 PM   #9415

Hi all!

So I called collision shop this am, and they threw the outfit they use to locate used parts under the bus. Supposedly they found parts, however the collision shop requested pictures, and have not received them. I pushed, and requested they get this moving.

I guess I give it another week and call again.

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 05:16 PM   #9416

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronspradley View Post
Arrived at Escapees Rainbow End park outside Livingston, TX. Mk, sent you a private message.

Glad you landed safely Ron and Emmett. Hey Ron, what is Rainbow End Park like? I've heard reviews ranging from "very nice" to "yikes."
Charlie and Martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 06:20 PM   #9417

Gulf Streamers Club
Charles, I read reviews on campgroundreviews.com about Escapees Rainbows End park, Livingston, TX and they ranged from very good to very low. One reviewer said he was disappointed that park was not nicer because this is Excapees headquarters park. I find nothing wrong with it. Large, can take any size rig. FHU's. Back ins and pull thrus. Some site open, some treed. Adequate room between sites. Two dog parks. No cable. No free Wi-fi but you can buy. Did not buy so I do not know how much or how well it works. Pool. Quite a few activities. And they do a four corner weigh for motor home and toad. Having mine done Friday morning on my way out.

Lloyd, keep after those guys on getting parts for your coach. Y'all need to be able to make Yuma this year. Did they work on John's coach?

Well, time for Emmett to take me for a walk. Later everyone. Happy trails.

ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 06:26 PM   #9418

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Evening Gang,
Rita had some swelling and pain this morning, as soon as she iced, pain and swelling subsided. She can tell that the pain meds are less than in the hospital, but is dealing nicely. Nurse and therapist there today and did there thing. Tomorrow, she is going to shower after I get there, then she wants to go to the country club for the weekly Thursday buffet.
Ron,
Glad that you and Emmett are bonding nicely, and I agree with the 60 mile day, much better than the 600 mile day/
Lloyd,
Glad that the paving is done, and hope that the parts get there soon for you.
Bobby,
Thanks buddy for the well wished=s. Our thoughts and prayers continue for Sally. I agree with whoever said that it might be time for an ambulance chaser to get you money.(I think it was Gordon).
MK,
You and Ron enjoy your coffee.
Have a great evening all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 09:17 PM   #9419

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franka548 View Post
Good Evening Gang,
Rita had some swelling and pain this morning, as soon as she iced, pain and swelling subsided. She can tell that the pain meds are less than in the hospital, but is dealing nicely. Nurse and therapist there today and did there thing. Tomorrow, she is going to shower after I get there, then she wants to go to the country club for the weekly Thursday buffet.
Ron,
Glad that you and Emmett are bonding nicely, and I agree with the 60 mile day, much better than the 600 mile day/
Lloyd,
Glad that the paving is done, and hope that the parts get there soon for you.
Bobby,
Thanks buddy for the well wished=s. Our thoughts and prayers continue for Sally. I agree with whoever said that it might be time for an ambulance chaser to get you money.(I think it was Gordon).
MK,
You and Ron enjoy your coffee.
Have a great evening all,
Frank
Frank the best thing I found for the shoulder surgery was the ice machine. Basically it looks like a 12 pack cooler with two hoses coming out to a special pad over the injury. You keep the cooler full of ice and the pump on, pain goes away and no need for the pain pills. I had two tendons ripped out of the shoulder and I credit the 100% range of motion now to PT and the ice machine equally. The machine was $250.00 out of pocket for us but worth four times that much in my book. By the third day I was able to do the quick connects on the hoses and fill the cooler by myself. Miss Glenda was wore slick by then keeping up her impatient.
Old 10-04-2017, 09:38 PM   #9420
cwk

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franka548 View Post
I read your post to Bev. She can relate about wanting to get out of the house soon.

For ice, she used the ice packs (blue ice) that they gave her at the hospital. They came with a velcro holder. Leave the pack in the freezer for a while, then apply it as needed/desired. Somehow she got a few (probably because she had both knees done in 11 days), so I could rotate them through the freezer as needed. BTW, we still use them years later to keep food in the cooler. We store them in the freezer so they are always ready to go.

Let Rita know we are thinking about her. It sounds like everything is going extremely well. Be sure she takes her walker, or cane, with her when she goes out whether she thinks she needs it or not. It will keep other people from a) cutting her off, b) bumping into her, etc. They see the cane and automatically are more careful. DW says this works!
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 03:20 AM   #9421

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning,

Haven't had a cup of coffee yet but my chocolate milk was good.

CWK, DW is right about the walker or cane keeping people away, it does work. I used it even after I didn't need it in a crowded area just to keep people away. Ice helps the most however you can attach it. We had two different systems for icing and it was my friend during recovery.

Ron, sounds like you and Emmett are getting to see some nice places. Won't be too long and he will be a well traveled Dog.

Nights here are getting cooler and then warm and then cool again so it is getting closer. At least we won't have to suffer for the whole winter. January we will be in Florida by the 14th.

Lloyd. Sorry that the repair stuff us going so slow. I cannot imagine how hard it is to just wait on other people when you just want to climb in the rig and head out at your convenience. It will get there but the delay is tedious. Wish you the best.

Bobby, hope Sally continues to heal and feel better. I had to sue my insurance company a few years ago. They don't seem to understand any other language. It is their job to try to weedle the amount or any payment down and they are experts at it.

Well, need to get to things. You all take care and stay safe. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 06:40 AM   #9422

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Morning everyone,

We are still at Whispering Pines. I am told that children descend from the heavens this coming weekend. The park holds it's 23rd Halloween Party and Trick or Treat for the kids.

My neighbor (permanent resident) said there were 300 kids at his campfire last year. I haven't lived anywhere where we've ever had more than three of four kids trick or treating. I better stock up on candy.

I hope the healing continues for Sally and Rita.

Lynne, are we getting any closer to choosing a spot for next years meet and greet?

Ron, it sounds like the Rainbows End park is pretty nice. Thanks for the assessment. We plan to try it on our way back from Aransas Pass next March.
I have been in contact with our park (Thousand Oaks) in Aransas and they say they are 90% ready with full hook ups now. But shopping will likely have to be done in Corpus Christi because infrastructure there is still hobbled.

Martha and I are planning on spending the day looking for dead bodies in the cemetery. She is still working on her family tree and has several cemeteries she needs to visit to verify that her distant relatives actually died in Rhode Island. Sort of ghoulish if you think about it.
Charlie and Martha is offline   Reply With Quote