Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-10-2017, 12:51 PM   #9479

Lloyd
You are now surrounded by idiots , greedy idiots !

Tell them if they don't want to play nice and in a timely manner that you will require a rental tour bus rigged to haul for your "health required" winter in Southern Az !
Your life shouldn't have to be on hold till they figure out how to pull their thumbs out of their butts.........
Oh yeah , please share the ins. co's name with the internet here , I'm sure they would want you to do the "right" thing about this ???

If they had their way they would make you wait till you're dead to pay up.

(Can you tell I haven't ever been treated well by insurance adjusters ?)
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-10-2017, 03:10 PM   #9480

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Popeye you are wise. I believe you've probably hit the proverbial nail on the head.
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 03:25 PM   #9481

Not claiming to be wise but just think they should know that waiting has it's price too !!!!!!
Old 10-10-2017, 03:55 PM   #9482

Good evening all!

I agree Popeye, our adjuster is especialy special. However I cannot reasonably blame the insurance company for the lack of parts. I guess that is my fault for buying a orphan. Although at the time I thought no problem, eveything in these coaches is the same. I did pay for insurance timely, and expect they took the risk with me.

Should have news Thursday on their assesement of value. I am sure it will be a low ball number. No timelime set for their parts search, dont think they even know what they are looking for.

I have our list of comparables. Hopefully with help from our broker,,,, and council if we need it we can reach a agreeable settlement.

I agree Harvey. I get blamed for grandkids traits all the time. Dont understand as I was rarely in trouble unless unsupervised with Gordon.

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 08:29 PM   #9483

Lloyd, most of us less fortunates know what it is like to deal with an entity that understands time is money for them. The classic example is at the car dealer sitting and waiting on a decision that's over just a couple of hundred dollars to make the deal. It cost them nothing to let you sit and if you move the couple of hundred dollars it's a win for everyone in the commisssion chain. Salesman picks up $50.00, closer $25.00 etc.

The insurance company has time on their side. Classic example on my part was a hassle after another driver hit me. I took them to court and won. I went to the Farmers office giving me a fit and threw down the judgement on the manager's desk. He looked at it. Looked up at me and asked, "says here I have 60 days to pay. Where do you want me to send the check on the 60th day?"

"I'll pick it up" I said. And i did but it still ticks me off.

It's negotiations and time is in their corner more often than not. See if you can find a way to make time hurt them and help you.

Today I picked up the decking material for the new deck at home. TREX 31 each 16 footers and 24 each 12 footers. I took a twenty foot trailer and saw immediately an issue, 31 each 20 feet long and 24 each 16 feet long. I was getting about 220 feet of board extra. I went up to the pro desk so they could figure it out. They decided they were paying the vendor for 16's and 12's and I should shut up and leave. When I unloaded it, heavy stuff for an old old man, I figured out why the generosity. Three boards were scarred enough that I wouldn't have been able to use them otherwise. And about five were stained pretty bad, might not be able to use them if we can't get them to clean up. Put this under gift horses and a visit to the dentist.
Old 10-10-2017, 08:53 PM   #9484

Getting insurance settlement

LLoyd, I think you will be better off taking a total on the Motorhome. Keep sticking to your dollar amt. for as long as it takes. I had to have talks with our homeowners for a year and a half to settle our hail storm claim on our house. The stupids tried to say only the aluminum siding was only dammaged on the west side. The were able to find our siding in white and would paint it green. The reason you put up siding is so you don't have to paint!! Their is more stupidity to the story. Finaly they said it would be cheaper to reside the entire house. Another time the city damaged our home and they refused to answer a certified letter from our homeowners. Our ins. co. said we will just pay for the damages. Our contractor wrote it up like we paid &1000.00 deductible. He did the work with out us paying the deductible. Our body shop guy says lots of luck getting the city to pay when your car now has yellow paint on it from a snow plow and dents. So sorry you have to go through this.
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 06:47 AM   #9485

Good morning all!

74 here, cloudy. More showers expected.

Thanks for all the insurance advice. Hopefully between our broker (who has all our insurance and wants to retain our business) and council if I need it we can move to quick settlement assuming that is the decision.

Spoke to Gordon last night. He and Janet headed south at 4pm local time yesterday as snow was forecasted for home last night and today. They were stopped for the night just east of Calgary. Safe travels to them.

Deb and I sent our Meet and Greet form in. We are planning the 18th thru the 29th. Maybe on a really big site with a tent! LOL Going to plan some travel around that, maybe Yellowstone.

Have a great day all!

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 12:36 PM   #9486

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Afternoon Gang,
Not sure when we will be heading to the M&G yet, am checking when I can get my drivers lisence renewed first, then 4 days travel time to get there. We will be staying till after Labor day.
Lloyd,
We plan on yellowstone too, I have never been out there, so it is all new to me.
Gordon & Janet,
Safe travels to you guys.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 07:20 PM   #9487

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning/Evening;
We are ahead of the snow. Bit of mist in the morning but everything fine.. This evening wee are south of Helena. Hopefully somewhere around SLC tomorrow. Still cool and close to freezing overnight.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 10-11-2017, 07:30 PM   #9488

Gulf Streamers Club
Stay safe Gordon. Glad you made it out ahead of the snow.

ronspradley

ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 10:42 PM   #9489

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Safe travels, Gordon and Janet!
We are at the airport now, waiting on the plane back home. Dr. visit went good for the most part! All the blood and pee work came back great, but my PSA levels jumped up to .309, so going to have to start hormone therapy! Shots every 3 months for many years to come! Not really happy about that, but it is what it is! The M&G is in-between the shots, so looks like it is still a go for now! I have to start taking some pills to get my body ready for the shots when i get home, then back to Bangkok in two weeks for the first shot! Sounds like a fun time to me?!
I'm sure it will all work out, and have to get ahead of it!
Everyone have a great day! Rail!
Old 10-12-2017, 05:10 AM   #9490

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Rail,
Sorry about your pa test. I guess this treatment is one of those it is better than the alternative. Hang in there buddy, things will work out for you.
Rita is doing better every day. The PT worked her extra hard Tuesday and she was in quite a bit of pain. Yesterday she was back to normal. She is still having swelling, but the elevation and icing are helping.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 06:20 AM   #9491

Doggone it Gordon, you're dragging the cold down with you. Monday I wore a thermal shirt all day, yesterday until lunch, and this morning it feels like I could use one for awhile, just to take the chill off.

Rail, good luck with the shots and congrats getting ahead of it. I go in tomorrow Friday 13th for my annual Agent Orange exam at the VA. The nurses doing the blood draw are the best ever. You sit down and while you're practicing your old slick moves on them they're doing business. About the time you wonder if they're going to draw blood they're yelling "NEXT!" And there's five or so tubes next to you. They're the best ever.

Frank, don't tell Rita about the time in the hospital in 68 when a substitute physical therapist woke up half of the hospital, huge hospital. I was laying on the table. He was bs'n the staff, glanced at my chart, and grabbed the damaged leg side and tried to fold it up to my chest. I moved about a foot on the mat just the skin doing the crawl from the pain. I did a 23 and he genealogy dissertation back to Adam for him loud enough to bring medical staff in from blocks away. I recovered just fine but occasionally I wonder if he's getting a check for ear damage and PTSD. A fractured pelvis healing can be a pain in the butt.
Old 10-12-2017, 06:32 AM   #9492

When there's not a coach to work on I find other things to do interesting.

I'm adding the framework to support the new Trex and Massandaruba deck. Basically 2 X 6 treated boards arranged to use the Trex hidden fasteners. The pattern will be framed with the Brazilian Teak ( Massandaruba) with the grey Trex as fill. In about a year the teak will grey out and match the color of the Trex. I picked the Trex color using greyed out teak.

And yes, 69 years old is too old to be bent over with a nail gun, glad I can do it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1157.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	223.4 KB
ID:	179586   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1158.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	251.5 KB
ID:	179588  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1587.jpg